Go down
Fauna
Fauna

Been there, done that... [Private] - Page 2 Empty Re: Been there, done that... [Private]

Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:24 pm
"Well, it's not that we are going out to fight monsters because we want to, unless your a Ares child. The main thing is that we need to be able to defend ourselves in case we have to. Besides, if your good with a bow, you can keep out of range like me since I also tend to use the bow in combat since I'm not really a fighter, but I know enough to fight on my own, but it's only if I have to" She explains gently to him while she shows him around.

"More or less, it's where the directors live as well as the oracle. So it's kinda like a admin building too" She explains, going into the strawberry field and on root to the forest.
Amaru
Amaru

Been there, done that... [Private] - Page 2 Empty Re: Been there, done that... [Private]

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:01 am
"That's good to hear. I really don't like the idea of fighting a monster. And sure, I am a good archer but my targets usually didn't try to charge me with an axe or something." he was fairly sure he can hit a target, but in an actuall combat he wasn't quite sure. He will probably get some sort of training before he will have to fight a monster... if everything is going well.
"The director? The oracle? I don't know these people... I don't know anything. I was in this camp for 5 minutes before you met me... " he said to point out that these titles rang empty for him, unfortunately.
Fauna
Fauna

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:46 am
"Well, basically; it's like any summer camp, it has someone running the camp, someone running the activities and such. For the director of the camp, it's the god of wine, although he insists on being called Mr.D; he's not particularly overly eager to run the camp since he was banished to run the place ever since he tried to, well, make out with a nature spirit that had been deemed off limits. Plus he gets really sulky that he's not allowed to drink alcohol until his prohibition is up. The activities director is Chiron and does all the stuff from training to arts and crafts; basically there to give the campers stuff to do. And the oracle, her name is Jessica. Don't see her too often and usually, you only go see her when you get a quest and she can give you a prophecy to foretell your future. It's both interesting and kinda creep to watch it in action when she does her thing" She explained as they wandered into the forest.

"This is where capture the flag happens. Although it's also a nice play to wander around and have a picnic I found, especially since if you get to high ground so you can see the lake as well"
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 am
So there was a god in this camp. And it was a god of alcohol... and he was here as a punishment. That sounded like a great idea. Take a literal god of alcohol and put a bunch of young people under his care. It completely didn't sound like a recipe for a major disaster.
"Uhm... I see..." he said laconically. He wasn't sure he understood, but that will come with time, probably.
"So... as campers, we... train to defend ourselves from monsters and angry Ares kids and... then we fight for a flag. And there is a god of alcohol who can't drink watching us. And this Chiron guy is... our teacher?" he tried to summarize what he just learned.
"Is there... like a strict timetable? And do we learn something beyond fighting?" he continued with his questions
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:59 am
"Not necessarily; although they do run at certain times and capture the flag only runs on friday night, so its not like it runs all throughout the week. Also trust me, having the god of wine really don't make for a good camp director, plus what's worse; Zeus banned him from drinking alcohol, so he's only allowed soft drinks and he hates being sober, so he takes it out on us" She sighed when she talked about Mr.D since he also mocked her whenever she had to go see him.
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:05 pm
Tim just nodded.
"Yeah... that's pretty much what I thought." he admitted sadly.
"How about the timetable... and what else we should learn here except of fighting... " he asked once more. If he had to spend a lot of time here, there were some answers he would like to get.
"Also I would expect someone to notice I am here... but still nothing. If they don't notice a new camper how do they notice a monster?" he asked.
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:24 pm
"Well, there's arts and crafts, collecting strawberries for sale to mortal markets, there's a lot of physical activities. Although most tend to stick with their cabin. Some cabins have their own activities. Aphrodite's cabin has a built-in spa. As for the other campers, they are probably all out, doing their own thing. I'm sure if you have a wander round, you'll bump into someone" She said, smiling softly.
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:43 pm
He listened, but he didn't understand. Was fighting really the only thing that was happening here? There were some smaller things that one could do, but it sounded pretty limited. Well, surely there had to be some other things.
"Well, I meant the god guy or the Chiron fellow or some other person from stuff here, " he added.
"And another question if I might... I came here with pretty much only what I am wearing. Where can I get some... anything? I don't even have a toothbrush." his mind finally started to solve some actual problems.
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:49 pm
"Oh, well, Chiron tends to wander around a lot more since he runs the activities. As for Mr.D, he pretty much never leaves the big house and avoids the rest of us like the plague, even his own kids. He's kinda mean really and really hard to get him to talk seriously about things" She explained. He then asked if he could get some new clothes and such.

"Oh my, how rude of us; we have camper gear, so shirts, pants, skirts for the girls and shoes. Of course, we could go out of the camp and go shopping for some new clothes too. Once you get a cabin, they will have plenty of toiletries, so you won't need to worry about getting a toothbrush or anything"
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:27 pm
"This place sounds better and better every second..." he couldn't avoid being a bit sarcastic.
"It's good to hear. I would swear I had a backpack but I think I lost it during the crazy run here. Or perhaps I left it somewhere. So I guess I have a bow... and that's pretty much it. " but it was good to know he will have some things.
He sighed heavily.
"I just don't see how I can get used to all this. Everything changed so sudden... and so much." the way ahead looked too insane.
"I am sorry that I keep on complaining... this just... wasn't the plan." he stated the obvious.
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:41 pm
"I understand, honey; I doubt think anyone would be used to such a sudden change and don't worry; I know it's a lot to take in and a lot more to get used to, but trust me; in time, you'll come to understand things. Anyway, you said you had a backpack? are you sure you didn't leave it at the mess hall?"
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:46 pm
"I think I left it with my mother... when the satyr appeared. I probably forgot about it since he shoved a bow in my arms and ran away expecting me to follow him. It was very sudden. Or perhaps I just lost it as we ran... as I said - it was a blur. I am not even sure if I said goodbye to my mum... " the sudden realization hit him as a flaming semi-truck.
"I think I will probably never find it... but I only had some basic stuff there... clothes, phone..." he would like to have his phone right now, he could call mum, tell her that he is safely here.
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:48 pm
It pained her to see him sad. She knelt down and put her hands on his shoulders.

"Well, what if tomorrow, once your settled in, we could outside the camp and look for it? what do you think?"
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:00 pm
"Will they even let me out? You know... the monsters... plus I didn't even know where I belong... and I didn't even speak with anyone except you." he tried to rationalize a little.
"But you know what? I would really appreciate it... I had some things in the bag I would like to have... and I even have some ideas where I could've lost it! Thanks" he smiled genuinely for the first time since he entered the camp.
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:05 pm
"I'm sure if you ask nicely, they will; especially if I come with you; I might not look like it, but I'm pretty strong and I should be able to protect you while we are out. In time, once you've got training, you'll be able to defend yourself too" She said, smiling warmly back as she saw Timothy smile for the first time since he got here.

"You're welcome, sweetheart; would you like to stay at my cabin till your sign comes up so we know what cabin your in for sure? I'll make sure to get you some clean clothes as well" She said, still smiling.
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:12 pm
"Well... if they won't allow it I will go anyway! This is a camp, not a prison, right?" he pointed out. Funny, he wasn't here longer than an hour or two and he was already going to break the rules.
"My... sign? Is that a god thing?" he asked. He knew nothing about these things. But since it was going to assign him a cabin it probably was some god thing.
"There really should be some leaflet for new arrivals...." he pointed out.
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:19 pm
"That's true, honey; just at least in Chiron's case; we don't want to see you hurt. When we leave the area of the camp, monsters out there can smell us or sense us, not entirely sure, but its more because we care about you then trying to stop you" She explains before answering his next question.

"yes honey; when you turn thirteen, you'll get like a glowing symbol above your head, related to your godly parent. Once its seen, you'll be assigned to the cabin for that god or a appropriate equivalent to it. And that's something I'd agree with you on that, honey; would make navigating the camp and getting the basic Q&A stuff out the way"
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:26 pm
"I don't want to see me hurt either. But I have this handy bow and you promised to accompany me... so I think we should be fine." he almost sounded confident though the very thought of meeting another flying chicken lady was highly unpleasant.
"Oh... I see. So in two days, I should know who my father is? And I will get assigned a cabin thanks accordingly... I see." at least that mystery will be solved soon.
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:31 pm
"of course I will, honey; although do you know how to fire it?" She asks, wanting to be sure he knew how to use it. She didn't mean it in a negative way, she just wanted to make sure he could take care of himself if anything happened. She nods.

"Indeed honey"
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:43 pm
"I've won several junior competitions so I think so. But I never fought with a monster before... shooting a target is probably a lot different... but I think I'll manage." he was sure of his abilities with a bow, but if some weird monster was charging him... he wasn't quite so sure since that never happened before.
"Well... it's something to look forward then." at least he would know the name of his father.
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:45 pm
"That's good and indeed; at least it will be something. So, what shall we do now? I'd like to take you to my cabin, cook you up a nice home cooked meal and help you sleep; you've been through a lot, so having something normal will help brings things down; what do you say? sound like a plan?" She asked, smiling warmly.
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:51 pm
"To be honest I would kill for a shower... or bath. I was traveling through half of the world only to run over half of this city... I need to change into something else. Anything else... " it wasn't difficult to understand.
"But I won't say no to a good meal. And a bed... I slept on a plane and I use the word "slept" just for the lack of a better term... " he never felt so tired and drained.
"I am happy I met you... and not some Ares kids." he tried to make a little joke.
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:04 pm
"Your welcome, sweetheart; a shower or bath can be arranged too; you can use my bathroom if you want to. Anyway, what would you like for dinner, sweetheart?" She smiled at his little joke and patted him on the head like a mother with her child.
Amaru
Amaru

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:15 pm
That was the best news today! At this moment all he really wanted was to take a shower, jump into some clean clothes and go to bed. And somewhere in between he really wanted to eat something.
"I am not a picky eater... unless it's tofu." he really was able to eat pretty much anything, but the tofu was something he couldn't stomach.
He liked her, she was nice and motherly, though she was more like an older sister he never had. Sister... oh...
"Uhm... I am not really an expert on Greek mythology but I remember that pretty much all the Greek gods are relatives, right? Does that mean that all the campers are a family?" the realization surprised him a bit...
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:33 pm
"Ok, I'll make some pizza and chips; should be simple enough to do" She explained. He then asked her if all the campers are technically family since all the gods are related to each other.

"Never really thought about it before; not exactly honey. If your in the same cabin who share the same godly parent, they would be your half sisters or brothers. Not really sure about anyone else though since I never really thought to ask"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum