Go down
Amaru
Amaru

Food for thought [Private] Empty Food for thought [Private]

Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:03 pm
It was a short time after lunch and by now the majority of campers dispersed to do their own things. Only very few were left. One of the few left was a young Apollo camper wearing the standard orange camper shirt.  It was a bit strange but between his orange hair and shirt, he appeared even more pale than usual.
The food he had before him seemed to be untouched beside the portion that was thrown into the fire for the gods. He blankly stared somewhere in the distance, probably not anywhere specific. Whatever was going through his mind made him blind to anything going around but it seemed like nobody was paying any attention to him at all anyway. Strangely the young redhead had quite a lot of food in front of him so at some point, he probably was planning to eat it.
Cliché
Cliché

Food for thought [Private] Empty Re: Food for thought [Private]

Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:44 pm
Food for thought [Private] Tumblr_ngmb0qL3vG1sp36zzo6_250

Basil had been busy when lunch had started, so he was late upon getting there and hadn’t left yet.  He wasn’t really that hungry so he took a few bites before tossing the rest to the gods.  Basil got up, walked over to one of the other tables and sat down. “Hi, I’m Basil Lee,” he smiled reaching out to shake the boy’s hand.
Amaru
Amaru

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:54 pm
Tim's thinking was suddenly interrupted by a voice. For a moment he just stared blankly because he simply didn't expect anyone to be talking to him. Even though there was a short but awkward moment of silence.
"Uh... oh... hey. " he finally said after he managed to get himself somewhat together.
"I am Tim, I mean Timothy Ravenswood, but you know... Tim." he introduced himself as well finally accepting the handshake.
Cliché
Cliché

Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:23 pm

Basil chuckled after letting go of the boy’s hand, “hi Tim, how are you doing? You seemed a bit lonely so I thought I should join you.” He drummed his fingers and tilted his head to the side a bit, “you haven’t eaten very much.
Amaru
Amaru

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:05 pm
"I suppose I was lost in thoughts a little," he said looking at his full plate. The food was getting a bit cold by now.
"Or perhaps a lot," he admitted. He wasn't exactly subtle about it in the last few days.
"I just have trouble getting used to this place..." he probably shouldn't talk about this with a complete stranger but all the campers were here together and in a similar situation...
Cliché
Cliché

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:07 pm

Basil nodded, “I know what you mean, I’ve been here for awhile, but it’s a lot to get used to if you’re new.  I’m a son of Demeter, ya know the ‘plant’ lady.” He looked at Tim, “what about you?
Amaru
Amaru

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:02 pm
"I just got here like a week ago? And this place is insane... I don't think I will ever get used to this place fully..." he complained a little.
He had to chuckle a bit when the other guy talked about his mother as the "plant lady"-
"As I said, my dad is Apollo. I guess he is the... prophecy guy? Something with sun... and healing?" he shrugged.
Cliché
Cliché

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:23 pm

I’ve heard Apollo is a pretty cool guy, maybe a bit cocky, but cool.  He also is the god of music.”  Basil nodded, “You’ll get use to it here, it might take a bit longer than a week, maybe more than two, but you’ll get used to it.
Amaru
Amaru

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:55 am
Tim shrugged. "I don't know much about him. I heard something but I don't really care." he wasn't absolutely sure if he really meant that. He was angry that his dad wasn't in his life at all, but he sort of understood that he had a lot of godly things to do.
"Yeah, people say that but I can't see it now. I mean... everyone got used to this so I should too." still there was a part of him that didn't quite belive it.
Cliché
Cliché

Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:42 pm

I think that even after awhile, everything will start to make a bit more sense,” Basil said propping his head in his hand with his elbow on the table.  “So what part of camp are you most excited about?  The lava rock climbing? Capture the flag? Maybe sleeping?
Amaru
Amaru

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:27 pm
"I never played Capture the flag yet... I successfully avoided the climbing thing twice and have zero interest in doing it but I don't mind the sleeping." he said openly.
"And don't even start me with the sword training..." that was even worse.
"I kind of like the archery though... since there I can show what I can do... and not suck terribly..."
Cliché
Cliché

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Yeah, I’m not very good at archery and I could understand why some of that other stuff wouldn’t sound very appealing.  Just make sure any capture the flag games you’re in don’t involve any Ares kids and you’ll be fine.”  Basil commented, “the whole combat thing just requires lots of training, I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it.
Amaru
Amaru

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm
"I already made the mistake of training with an Ares kid and nope, never again. But if one of them cross my path in CTF I will shoot them into the oblivion!" he said quite adamantly.
"I might not be a good swordsman but I am a very good archer. " he knew of at least two harpies that might agree with him albeit reluctantly.
"I guess so but I am not a big fan of fighting," he wasn't happy about that but it seemed he had to learn to be able to defend himself out there.
Cliché
Cliché

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:02 pm
Food for thought [Private] Tumblr_inline_n88wa1bagJ1sz03jf Food for thought [Private] Tumblr_inline_n88wajrunH1sz03jf

Basil chuckled a bit, running his hand along the back of his neck, “there’s always more to do here besides combat, you just gotta find something that you’re interested in.”  He glanced around noticing how empty the mess hall had actually became, “so what are your plans for the rest of the day?
Amaru
Amaru

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:33 pm
Tim looked into the sky for a moment bitting his lower lip. "Well, I'll have to look around for something that will. But so far no cigar," he said finally. He saw people riding pegasi another were paddling on canoes. There was probably quite a few things to do and not all of them were fighting.
"My plan was to sit here feeling sorry for myself but I am opened to suggestions," he said.
Cliché
Cliché

Sat May 04, 2019 9:56 pm
Food for thought [Private] Tumblr_inline_n88wa1bagJ1sz03jf Food for thought [Private] Tumblr_inline_n88wajrunH1sz03jf

Maybe now is the day to try out the rock climbing wall, or maybe take a ride on the horses, or a nap.  Naps are good too.” Basil nodded.
Amaru
Amaru

Sun May 05, 2019 4:17 pm
"I really don't think I will try the wall. I like challenges like the next guy but not when lava is included. I guess I have to warm up to the idea." he said adamantly. Falling into lava was very low on his list of things he wanted to try.
"Perhaps I will start with something safe like horses or canoeing... " he suggested. But knowing this camp the river was full of piranhas or sharks or acid. And the horses probably breathed fire or ate people.
Cliché
Cliché

Thu May 09, 2019 11:15 pm

Basil nodded in agreement, “yeah I can see why you say that, canoeing is fun, I’ve always liked the beach more though.  Either way I hope you find something nice and productive to do with the rest of your day.
Amaru
Amaru

Fri May 10, 2019 2:57 pm
"I'll try to settle in slowly and perhaps one day I will try the climbing wall but right now I can't really see that," he said honestly. Two weeks ago he couldn't imagine himself sword fighting and yet here he was. This place was changing people quickly, there was no other option.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum