Go down
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Whatever happened to predictability - Page 2 Empty Re: Whatever happened to predictability

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:10 pm

Oliver laughed as Delilah ran to catch up with him and jumped off the back of the cart. "I don't want you to get kicked out of Party City. It seems to matter a bit more to you than it does to me." Oliver teased as they walked through the automatic sliding doors into the overly air conditioned store. Oliver had a love/ hate relationship with Party City. On one hand, the wall that all the party favors you could imagine organized by color was very calming and enjoyable to him, but on the other hand he was always stressed at Party City. He never gave himself enough time to plan anything. Oliver weaved through the labyrinth of aisles looking through different themes until he came to all of the beach/ Hawaiian themed stuff.

"I trust you to pick the stuff we actually need. Just tell me what to do." Oliver said, leaning his elbows on the cart. It was a lot easier and calm to be here with Delilah. She had a plan and knew what they needed. It also wasn't a couple hours before the thing they needed the decorations. It was also just nice watching her do something that she was good at and enjoyed doing. Oliver watched her with a small smile on his face.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Whatever happened to predictability - Page 2 Empty Re: Whatever happened to predictability

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:59 am
]

’I don’t want you to get kicked out of Party Curt, it seems to matter a bit more to you than it does to me.’ At the mention of his words she couldn’t help but laugh as she shook her head and looked over to Oliver, “Listen, Party City is a staple to to party planning. You just need to go in knowing what you need.” Delilah said in a way that made it sound like the easiest thing in the world.

Walking into the building she was hit with a blast of air until they moved passed the doors and into the building. It always seemed so much bigger on the inside than it did on the outside, that and it was super common for people to get lost inside of here it was on the list as number two places to get stuck in. The first being IKEA and Delilah had been lost in there before back when she was twelve years old. She just had to have that ‘live laugh love’ framed piece of art for her bedroom, sad to say it was gone by the time she was fourteen and she moved onto a different theme for her room.

They weaves through the aisles until they got to the beach themed stuff, she heard Oliver say it was all her for picking out the stuff and he’d help in any way she needed him to. The legacy pulled out her notebook and a highlighter she passed them over to Oliver, “you can mark off what I do grab and then just remind me of anything I end up forgetting” she said with a smile and began to go for the small things, like beach balls, ridiculous sunglasses, light blue and green solo cups. She eventually moved onto other things, Delilah was reaching for the inflatable palm trees and despite being on the tips of her toes she still couldn’t reach.

“Oliver” she said as her arm was still extended and trying to go up hoping in some odd turn of events that she’d magically grow taller.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Oliver laughed as Delilah outlined the importance of Party City to him. "You're right. Party City is an institution imperative to life and success. I apologize for treating it as anything less." Oliver joked with a little snark, bumping Delilah with his hip as they walked.

Oliver took the notebook from Delilah and looked at the list. "You have pretty handwriting." He said without really thinking. He took the cap off the highlighter and watched as Delilah pulled stuff off the shelf. He marked it off the list  as she quickly collected almost all of the items from memory. Organized people absolutely blew Oliver's mind. He just didn't even understand how their minds weren't a tangled tumbleweed of information like his was. He was lucky to be able to recall his own name and birthday most of the time. Oliver looked up from the list when he heard Delilah say his name. He saw Delilah stretching for some inflatable plam trees, her fingertips not even close. He laughed and moved around the cart. He reached over her head and grabbed them without much difficulty. He pulled them down and set them in Delilah's hands so she could feel successful in her reaching.

"This is the real reason you needed me to come along." Oliver joked and moved back to the list. "I think the only things we are missing now are little umbrellas for drinks and," He looked up at Delilah with a wide smile. "Grass skirts for us."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:30 pm

“You know it.” Delilah said with a laugh as he jokingly agreed with her.

It wasn’t long until Oliver came over to help the, she watched as he effortlessly reached up and grabbed the inflatables she was trying to grab. There was a small pout in re face as he had placed them in her hands, there was maybe a small moment of satisfaction on her face but the rest was just pout, Delilah really liked grabbing things for herself, but she wasn’t always able to do that.

“Of course it’s the reason.” Delilah said with a little wink joking around with him. “Don’t worry, It’s all love, Oliver.” She said laughing mostly to herself at this point before she got a little bit more serious, “in reality I just love your company. You’re a good car DJ too.”

Walking down the aisle she grabbed the little umbrella he said they needed and then looked over to him with a big smile on her face “Okay, are we just doing matching grass skirts or are we going to go all out and get more items?” She asked him and then picked up a coconut bra tossing it to him, “I think you have the best figure for one of these.”
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:09 am

The small pout on Delilah's face was really adorable and Oliver couldn't help but smile and shaking his head with a small laugh. Short people were just so adorable. "Your company isn't too bad either. And you're right, I'm a rocking DJ." Oliver pushed the cart behind Delilah as they moved to the last couple of things that they needed. He highlighted over the little umbrellas as Delilah tossed them into the cart. Oliver reached up and caught the silly coconut bra that Delilah tossed to him. He held it by the straps over his chest, doing a couple of modeling poses.

"I think I have the figure to rock anything." Oliver laughed, putting it in the cart. What was the point in dressing up if you weren't going to go all out. And that's what he told Delilah. "There is no way we can half-ass this. We are the hosts of this party. We have to live up to the theme." Party themes were very important to Oliver.

"We should probably get some stuff for Skye, too, seeing as it's a surprise and she won't be able to prepare and dress up for herself." Oliver was very glad that he wasn't getting a surprise party. He was too invested and too into matching themes for that. If he showed up at a party not dressed in the theme it'd devastate him.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:17 pm

She had tossed the coconut bra at Oliver which hr had caught with ease, something Delilah couldn’t help but envy because she wasn’t very hand eye coordinated like many others had been. There was a reason she didn’t play sports, all she was good at was running,

Delilah watched as he strapped on the bra and mentioned with a figure like his he could rock anything which only made her laugh more but she laughed hardest as he began to do some modelling poses.

The legacy went and grabbed a grass skirt and put it on him as she said, “hold on, I have to get a picture of this for my Instagram later.” After she tied it on him she backed up to the end of the aisle to take a picture of him. “Unleash that inner model Oliver! If you do this for me I’ll do something for you for your instagram if you want.” She spoke has one hand was on her hip and the other was still holding her phone as she waited for his response.

At the mention of Skye she quickly began to pick up little items for Skye to wear that were different from there’s and even got her a little plastic pineapple shaped cup for her to drink out of. “I’ll grab a swimsuit from her gran. Nancy will love this idea.” Delilah said beaming with a smile.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Oliver laughed. "I'll do anything for the 'gram." Oliver slipped into the grass skirt as well and posed for Delilah's camera. Once she had her picture, he tossed the stuff back into the cart. "You owe me, though. And you better tag me in that." Oliver said, tapping the top of her phone lightly. He put his elbows onto the cart and bent over as he walked, stretching his back.

Oliver watched as Delilah picked through things for Skye. It was kind of adorable as she looked through the stuff and talked about Skye's grandma. It was so nice that her and Skye were still friends. It was probably because he moved near the start of middle school, but he couldn't tell you what a single one of his childhood friends was doing right now. Several of them had moved out of the city and into the suburbs as their parents got older. Delilah and Skye and the rest of the Cul De Six were still in the same place. Sure, there was drama sometimes, but they had each other. He guessed they always would.

Once they had collected all the stuff that they needed Oliver pushed the cart towards the checkout counter. "We need to figure out how we are going to keep Skye preoccupied enough where she isn't able to see us setting up and then get her to the party." That was truly the make it or break it of a surprise party: the lie plans. He'd seen many a surprise party fall apart because the lie failed or someone couldn't keep a secret. Oliver's lips were sealed.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm

"Yeah, I definitely owe you for this." Delilah said as she got a couple photos of him and she made a note in her phone to tag Oliver in the post she'd do later when she got into wifi range. Delilah didn't like to use her data or wifi while she was out of the walls of New Rome. They tried to make it better for Demigods to have phones but it was still difficult from time to time, if you used data you ere more likely to attract monsters to you.

They had gathered all the items that they needed and she headed to the check out with Oliver. She was excited to leave, of course she loved party city, but the short little brunette was excited to go sight seeing in San Francisco despite having done it a few times before. The idea of going with someone new thought almost made the experience itself brand new.

"Hmm, well I know right now she doesn't have any duties to do on her birthday, but we could get another centurion to switch with her. I can ask Ophelia from the fifth. I'm sure she'd help us out. If not we could maybe try to get her grandparents to take her out for the day, but I don't know how likely that'd be." They were finally at the till and the cashier was scanning all the items, when the total came up she handed over her credit card for the charges to be put on it. Well it wasn't her credit card, it was her dad's she wasn't quite old enough to own one herself.

"Where did you want to go first on our San Francisco tour? If you still want to go." Delilah said making sure it was something he still wanted to do and party city didn't make him feel like going home so soon.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 am

Oliver knew Ophelia's name but didn't know too much about her. "From what I know about her, I'm sure she'd probably do it. And Skye is the kind of nice where if Ophelia asked and she could do it, she would." Oliver pushed the cart up to the register.

Oliver watched as Delilah passed over her card for the stuff they were buying. He pulled his wallet out and pulled the two singles in it out and crunched his nose up. Once the bags were loaded back into the cart and they were heading to these doors he passed the two dollars to Delilah. "I'll pay you back for half of it once I can get cash." He said quickly, putting his wallet back into his pocket before pushing the cart through the door.

As he loaded the bags into the back, Delilah asked about where he wanted to go. He jokingly let his jaw drop. "How dare you imply that we would possibly go anywhere but the Full House house first?" He said as he closed the hatch. After he returned the cart to the coral, he slid back into the car.

"Of course I still want to go. I can't think about anything I'd rather be doing." Oliver smiled a bright white smile.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:30 pm

"We got this! This is going to be totally awesome." Delilah said to Oliver as she could feel the excitement stirring, if only Skye's birthday would come sooner so they could start decorating. As they walked out the doors she seen Oliver hand her the two one dollar bills that he had, and she felt a little weird about taking it, "Oliver you don't have to pay for half of it, it's not a big deal. If you absolutely insist though I understand. I know not everyone is okay with one person just fronting the costs of things, but I promise you I would never hold it over you." Delilah said looking at him as they reached her little beetle.

They started to unload everything into her beetle, if they needed to she'd have some room in her back seat. Good thing it was just them in San Francisco today and not a group. As he went to put the cart away she got into her car and turned it on, when he got in they were talking about their plans. "We'll go to the Full House house first." She said with a laugh and then looked over to him with a serious question, "Do you think we can just show up there? Is that how it works?" Delilah asked before she began to pullout of the parking lot.

"Oh! When we get there, I might get you to take some photos of me for my insta account. I have to keep in touch with my followers." She said and handed him the cord to plug into his phone for the music.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:41 am

When Delilah talked about money, Oliver shrugged. It wasn't as much of a thing about him being bothered by people footing costs, it was just a pride thing. He knew how much money that people like Lachlan had and he had seen Delilah's house, or at least a part of it. He didn't want them to think that he was just taking advantage of them. Sure, he was never going to have as much money as them, but he could afford his life. He knew how to live within his means. He decided to just not say anything about it.

Oliver took the cord and plugged his phone in. He started playing the Jonas Brothers again. Fly With Me from Lines, Vines, and Trying Times began to play along. He sang along a bit. Oliver had a pretty nice voice, but not amazing or anything. He'd be able to get featured roles in musicals, but would probably never be the lead unless it was just right for him. "If we chase the stars to lose our shadows. Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine. So won't you fly with me?" He sang.

As they drove in the car, Raise Your Glass, the Glee version sung by Darren Criss, started playing. Oliver smiled and asked, "You said totally awesome back there. Puh-lease tell me that you've seen A Very Potter Musical. Darren Criss is the actual love of my life. And Lauren Lopez, but her more in like Firebringer." Oliver said. He could be a real theater nerd sometimes.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:37 pm

She was having a fun day. She used to be the type of person who didn't really care on whether she left camp or New Rome. She didn't think it was a vital thing and it didn't matter much, but more and more these days the farther she could get from camp the better, Delilah started to hold a little bit of sadness and disinterest in New Rome, so maybe she'd end up going to live in the barracks. Delilah still had a bunk there, which she felt bad about, because she didn't use it and someone else in their cohort could use it, but no one would be itching and fighting for a top bunk anyways.

Delilah began to do a one handed sitting dance, it sounds more awkward than it was. She'd basically just move her hand to the music, feeling the rhythms of the songs that Oliver would play from his phone. She could go on very long car rides with Oliver, he was one of the best co pilots she had, he knew the good kind of songs to play, but the real test would be what his snack choice would be. Snacks made or break a road trip from time to time.

"What's A Very Potter Musical?" Delilah asked making sure to keep a straight face for a few minutes, before she focused on the road for a bit, before she turned back to Oliver. "If this homemade Dark Mark wont convince you!" Delilah said quoting a line from Draco Malfoy in the play. "Pigfarts, Pigfarts, Here I come. Pigfarts, Pigfarts, Yum, Yum, Yum.." The lines had just popped out of her mouth and she couldn't help but laugh as she did. "Yeah I've definitely seen it. I love Starkid. I love the songs they have in it, please tell me you have some of those on your phone."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:39 am

Oliver's face fell a little bit when Delilah asked what he was talking about. He knew that he had a weird set of things he liked and that a lot of them were kind of niche, but he was kind of hoping Delilah would be in on one of them. It'd be a nice thing for the to share. Oliver looked down at his phone when he heard Delilah start singing the Pigfarts song. He could practically hear the smile on her face. His face grew into a wide smile as he finished the end of the song with her.

"Starkid is totally my shit. It's goofy, musical, and good. What else could I ask for?" Oliver looked over at Delilah, looking at her smile. "You get more and more likable every minute, don't you?" He said before looking down at his phone.

Oliver said as he flipped through the music on his glitchy, old iPhone. He started playing Gotta Get Back to Hogwarts. Oliver sang along to Darren Criss' voice, doing dramatic hand motions as his voice went through the silly lyrics. He always dreamed of getting to do a fun show like this with his friends.

The son of Letus watched as the streets changed and they got to the other side of town. He knew they were getting close to the Full House house when the house style began to change to match the ones on the show.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:28 am

The only thing that could have made Delilah happier in the moment, was Oliver joining in on the little song. She was almost tempted to make little fists in how excited she was, but she had to drive and it'd be bad in the city of all places to let go of her steering wheel. "On the point of Lauren though, I absolutely adore her! I can't help but smile when she gets on stage as Draco. 'am I bleeding?' " Delilah said and quoted the line of Draco from the play yet again, as she quoted the line she tried to do her best impersonation of it along with putting her one hand under her nose to see if she in fact were bleeding.

Delilah gasped for a moment, "What? Was I not likeable before?" She asked in mock hurt before she continued on, "Of course I do, I'm adorable." Delilah said with the typical fake confidence she could act our from time to time. It was normal for her to portray confidence around people she was comfortable with, but it didn't mean she actually had the confidence, something Delilah wasn't going to get into, she didn't have time to unpack all of that.

The minute the song started to play she began to sing along with Darren Criss, "Underneath these stairs, I hear the sneers and feel the glares of my cousin, my uncle and my aunt. Can't believe how cruel they are and it stings my lightning scar to know they'll never give me what I want." Delilah made sure to stay on cue with Darren Criss, but she naturally sang at a slightly higher octave than Darren Criss.

"I know I don't deserve these awful rules made by the Dursleys, here on privet drive. Can't take these stupid muggles, but despite all of my struggles, I'm still alive." Delilah couldn't help it when it came to A Very Potter Musical, it was one of her favourites, she sang a long with the rest of the song and after that they were in the neighbourhood for the Full House house.

As she was about to pull in so they could park she asked him a question, "So which house do you think you'd be in at Hogwarts?"
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 am

Oliver was smiling wide and laughing as Delilah as she quoted Lauren's Draco. He thought back to the first time that him and Delilah had spent time together. As they sat on the floor laughing and hugging, he wished he could have taken a picture of them for prosperity. He wished he could have the same thing right now, a picture of them in Delilah's car laughing and singing with the sun in their faces. A lot of that night they met was blurry or hazy to him now, but he doubted he could forget that moment, or this one for that matter.

When she asked about his Hogwarts house he put his hands on his legs and sat up straight. "Hogwarts houses are my zodiac signs. I care so much. I am definitely a Hufflepuff, just like you are as well. Lachlan is obviously a Slytherin. Skye interests me a bit more but I think she is a Ravenclaw." Oliver said quickly as the car parked. He pushed himself up from the seat and slinked out of the car.

They were parked a little bit of a distance from the actual house so they had to walk down the street. Oliver loved sightseeing, and he especially liked doing it with cool people. He smiled excitedly at Delilah as they approached the house. He saw the signs asking people to be respectful because these were actual people's homes. A sweet couple in their probably 60s were taking pictures of each other, so Oliver hurried up.

"Would you like me to take a picture of both of you?" They handed their camera to him and he took several pictures of them from different angles. As he handed the camera back, they explained how they watched the show with their daughter when she was growing, and now she lives across the country from them, so the show means a lot to them. They thanked Oliver sweetly and started down the street. Oliver had to wonder if he's ever have a cute story like that, or if he'd even live to see that age.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:29 pm

A big smile had slipped onto her face as she heard Oliver talk about Hogwarts houses. She loved how passionate someone could get about things, it was a big window into getting to know someone, just to see the things that made them excited or made them light up like the first time you turned the lights on for a Christmas tree. The moment when you'd plug the lights in and it'd take a brief second, but then they were on lighting up the whole area giving that bright and cheerful aura around.

"Huh, I'm not sure if I really ever thought of Skye as a Ravenclaw to be honest. Lachlan is definitely a Slytherin though. Also Hufflepuff's are particularly good finders!" Delilah said saying the last part with a bit of a giggle as she held up her finger. There was so much pride Delilah took in being a Hufflepuff, she didn't care if people thought they were the worst house, those people were truly just jealous. Delilah enjoyed the Harry Potter books and some of the movies, she cared deeply about Hogwarts houses, but not in the same way Oliver did, he seemed to care slightly more than she did.

As they walked along the sidewalk and came up to the house there was a lovely older couple. Delilah watched as Oliver too the pictures for them and her heart almost melted at the cute story they had mentioned about their daughter. It was truly the small little moments in life that Delilah couldn't help but cherish, "That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard." The legacy of Cupid said as they walked up to the house. "If you need me to get any photos of you, let me know, I'll try to be as good of a camera man as you are." She meant what she said too, she watched Oliver as he got all the different angles for the couple, he really tried to get some good angles in there, and the ability of choice.

"You know what we should try to put together one day? A play or a musical. I think it'd be fun. I wish New Rome had like a talent show or something." Delilah said trailing off.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Oliver watched as the couple walked down the street, their hands finding each other's. Delilah walked up to him and offered to get pictures of him. He shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe a couple. But first, you shall be my muse." He said in a dramatic voice with a vaguely European accent. Then he added, in his regular voice, "I will take your phone to do it, though. The camera quality is light years better." Once he had the phone, he took a few steps back.

He took a lot of pictures of Delilah then. Some of her smiling at the camera, then looking up at the house and pointing. He made a silly A Very Potter Musical joke about a boss Zefron poster and watched as Delilah turned back to him, catching a few candids before she realized he was still taking pictures.

Delilah was very easy for him to photograph. She was real and excited and smiley. He knew that there was a lot of unhappiness there, but she looked unironically enthusiastic to be there. Oliver felt a thought scratch at the back of his mind, but he pushed it down. He didn't have time to let feelings interrupt a perfectly good day. He didn't need the nerves.

After he finished getting pictures for her, Oliver hurried up to her. "We have to get some of us both." Oliver pulled Delilah into him, his long arms and the wide angle of the camera able to get the whole place behind them. They took a couple like that and then took a few that was them looking down at the camera- just eyes, foreheads, and hair- with the place towering above them.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:13 pm

As Oliver declared that first she was going to be his muse in a fake European accent, Delilah lightly slapped her hand onto her chest and just in time for the other hand position he had taken her phone, probably the better option for photo quality. She placed the back of her hand on her forehead. "Oh my stars! I declare!" She said with the southern twang just slipping out of her mouth speaking with some of the sayings she had seen in some of the movies she watched, granted they were way older than she was, but they were still her muse. Delilah couldn't help but laugh at herself, but she did some poses for Oliver. It was easy to be excitable and happy, sure there was a lot of hurt deep down, but she had to try and allow the light in.

For Delilah, spending time with Oliver was part of the light she needed to let in. It was ironic, he was the son of a death god, but yet he was all the light that she needed in her life, a light you can't find easily with others. The chemistry between them from the first time they met while they hugged on the floor of her games room, to planning Skye's birthday, to just singing songs in the car it all just came naturally and it was all just so easy.

The wind was blowing light moving her hair around, but she heard the comment about the boss Zefron poster. "What would Zac Efron say at a time like this?" Delilah quoted laughing as she turned to face Oliver again before she'd eventually speak again, "We're all in this together." It was so easy to quote A Very Pottery Musical, she had only seen it like ten times.

She could feel Oliver pull her into him for photos of them together with the house and later ones of just them. "Okay, as long as we're doing selfies, we have to go for the silly faces." The daughter of Epione said looking over to Oliver serious. "If you don't make a silly face, I'll make one for you." She was serious, she would go for her go to move of the fish hook, even if that meant putting her finger in his mouth and making it out to be a hook, she'd do it.

"I promise I will send you all the photos from today and I'll even text you which ones I plan to use in my post and you can even review my post before I post it. Wow...That sounds so confusing, I'm so sorry."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:49 pm

Oliver laughed and made silly faces into the camera with Delilah. It was at times like this that it was easier to remember that they were just seventeen. When they got off of Augustus Avenue and outside of camp they could just be seventeen. Oliver held a little bit of resentment for the teen years that he had lost to the legion. He wouldn't trade what he had for the world, but it still stung a little bit when he watched tv shows and movies about high school and it was all so different than his experience. He was thankful that Delilah let him act his age.

"I don't need post review privilege."  Oliver laughed. "I trust you not to make me look like an idiot." Oliver said. He didn't actually care all that much about being tagged in bad pictures of him. A lot of times the bad pictures with too many chins and a goofy laugh and his hands doing something weird felt more like him. He knew one day those pictures would be all he had of this time outside his ever-fading memory. He wanted it to be as real and present as possible.

After they finished their photo-shoot, they turned back up the road towards where Delilah had parked her car. "What's next on the docket?" Oliver asked Delilah, drumming his hands lightly on the sides of his legs as they walked. It was an absolutely gorgeous day out in San Francisco and he could really stay here forever.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Watching Oliver make various silly faces at the camera only made her laugh some more. It was days like these where you could just escape that truly made life worth it. The days you could just laugh and take pictures were the easy days, there was know residue of darkness lingering around, even if a child of a death god was present. Oliver was one of the nicest people Delilah knew, it didn't matter who your parents were, you could fundamentally still be a good person or in the vice versa you could be a shitty person. Oliver was just so far from shitty, she knew he had his own trials and tribulations, but Delilah enjoyed seeing him laugh, make silly faces and really just soak up the fun and lightness of the day.

There was this small warmth Delilah could feel in her chest as she made sure to get various photos, she would have loved to go up to the house and have Oliver open the door, but that was someone's home after all. Just taking the photos and watching him only fueled the warmth, but she wrote it off as something else entirely. It was just the feeling you got around your friends, right?

"Okay, I wont send it to you beforehand. But you might regret placing me with this trust." Delilah said with a bit of a wink as they walked towards where he car was parked. It wasn't too far from where they were currently. "Hmm, I think the beach is next on our list. From there we can see the bridge, probably get some great scenic photos there. " Delilah said and as they reached her car she spoke up again, "I love taking photos of things, so many things happen in life and if you can capture just a small bit of it, you will have those memories forever, even if you get diagnosed with something that takes your memory away. You just have picture evidence of something, you know? Makes it feel more real."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:39 pm

Oliver didn't like thinking about the idea of losing his memory one day. His short term memory had been shit since the incident. There were chunks of times where he was just missing memories. And it wasn't even when he was trying to keep up with Lachlan in drinking. He knew why he was missing those memories. He hated the feeling of not remembering things and he didn't want to think about a time where he couldn't remember anything at all. So, Oliver shook those thoughts from his mind.

As he got into the car, he said, "Who am I? Let's go to the beach beach.... Ninki Minjaj." Oliver quoted the vine perfectly, including the weird little smile. He knew that it would be a good topic change. He plugged his phone back into the car and played the Full House theme song as they drove away. He was building a pretty good playlist for them.

It was a quick 10 minute drive down to the beach from where they were and a beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge. They entered the big park area and Delilah parked her car. Oliver got out of the car quickly and hurried around to Delilah. He turned his back to her.

"Piggy back ride?" He looked over his shoulder at Delilah and raised an eyebrow.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:48 pm

Delilah took note of his silence when she mentioned the stuff about memories, she guessed maybe he didn't have anything to say about it or it was a conversation he didn't want to dive into, which was fair and Delilah wasn't going to push on matters, especially not when it was such a beautiful day in the city, it shouldn't be wasted on things such a deep dives into emotions and feelings, just light and airy. They needed to move like the wind and just go with the flow of things, and Delilah could appreciate that.

As they started to drive she would start to sing quietly under her breath along with the Full House theme song, if anything it sparked her to want to watch Full House again. It was something her and Juliana watched together, she would try to get Lachlan to watch it with her, but that was rare especially after the Mamma Mia incident.

Upon getting to the beach she got out of the car, but not before Oliver could get out and rush on over to her. She shut and locked her doors turning the alarm on. She slipped the keys into her little bag that she had with her as she watched Oliver crouch down and offer her a piggy back ride. Delilah's face lit up, it had been ages since she had one of those, and she was beyond excited. "Of course!" She said as she hopped on.

Luckily she had her phone so when they started to walk she pulled it out and began to create one of those instagram live videos. "Hey guys! Today I'm here with Oliver who is graciously giving me a piggy back ride!" She said and then moved the camera over to Oliver for a moment, "Oliver say hi!" She said and waited for him to respond before she flipped the camera to the rear camera. "Today we're enjoying the beautiful weather in San Francisco, question for the day, what's your favourite kind of weather?" Delilah flipped the camera back over, "Bye guys!" The daughter of Epione said while waving and turned the video off.

Delilah slipped her phone into her bag. "Okay, you have my full attention now, just Oliver and Delilah time."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:31 pm

Oliver felt Delilah hop onto his back and wrap her arms loosely around his neck as his hands caught her legs. He shifted her on his back a little bit and then started down towards the beach. He kicked off his sandals and bent down to pick them up, balancing Delilah on his back, and then started into the wet sand. San Francisco beaches were a combination of sandy and rocky and this one was no exception. He expertly maneuvered them across large rocks to get back to the main sandy part of the beach.

As they walked towards the Golden Gate Bridge, Oliver felt Delilah shift on his back and pull out her phone. He looked down and watched as she pulled up Instagram and started a live video. He'd never really known anyone who was big into using the live function, so it was fun to watch her as she talked into the camera. It was unexpected when she stuck the phone out and pulled him into frame. He saw his dark hair was messy from the wind and could see the reflection of the phone in his sunglasses. He looked over at her and smiled and then waved to the camera with the hand holding his shoes.

"Hey y'all!" He said with a crooked smile and then watched as Delilah flipped the camera to show the beach and the bridge in front of them. He felt pseudo-famous, maybe like a weblebrity, like anyone would care about watching them walk down the beach together. She said goodbye and put her phone away, stating it was now Delilah and Oliver time. It was oddly relieving to hear their names together like that.

"I know you mentioned this before our photoshoot, but I got distracted. I would love to do a musical. I dream of directing, but I love acting, too!" He said, looking at the water and Golden Gate National Park across the bay.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:04 pm

it was nice to just put the phone away after a certain point. To just enjoy the scenery that they had with the beach even though it was rocky and sandy all at once with the bridge in the background. There was always something about taking a picture to remember everything, but at the same time you had to just live in the moment and soak everything up as if they were the last rays of sunshine you'd get on earth. "Thanks for being a willing participant in the Instagram live." Delilah said as she moved her chin to rest on his shoulder.

Delilah felt comfortable getting a piggy back ride from Oliver, but at the same time there was just a deep appreciation because walking in the sand was no easy feat. Arguably wet sand was way easier than dry, dry sand just sucked to walk on from time to time. The daughter of Epione was just really happy and thankful that Oliver had even asked her if she wanted a piggy back ride. There was this closeness that she could feel starting to happen, she didn't even mean in the literal sense, she meant in the figurative one. Her and Oliver had spent so much time together in the past little bit, and they had a lot in common. She just felt happy and safe around him, she didn't have to think about other things as often as she used to.

"We should get together and work on a musical together. I've always wanted to adapt something or just do a musical of something. Directing would be fun I suppose. Sometimes I think about acting, I think people sometimes underestimate me, so I feel like even if I showed interest and tried out i'd automatically get casted into a minor role or something like that. But maybe that's just part of my anxiety." Delilah said speaking to Oliver, but also speaking aloud a little bit.

"Did you have anything in mind for what kind of musical you'd want to do?"
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:53 pm

Oliver looked his eyes down at Delilah whose head was on his shoulder. He smiled. "I'll always be a participant in your Instagram lives." He said stopping and jumping so that Delilah moved farther up his back, preventing a risk of her falling off his back. "Do you stuff like that a lot? Are you a vlogger?" Oliver said. He wasn't really expecting her to say yes. He had never met a vlogger in real life. He did watch a lot of YouTube, though.

It felt nice having a friend like Delilah. Things were very different with her than they were with Lachlan. They had to be such adults when they were together. Not even mature adults, just drunks. Maybe he shouldn't let Lachlan be like that, but he brought out the worse in Oliver. He also brought out the best in Oliver, though. So, you win some, you lose some, he guessed. Pre-Lachlan Oliver had been an awkward little self-conscious mess. Lachlan built him up a lot. He was thankful for that. He was also thankful to be around someone who wasn't him.

"It'd be so cool to like actually adapt something. We could write the music and stuff. It'd be so cool. Make our friends do it with us." Oliver said. You could hear the excitement building in his voice as he spoke. Sure, he was easily excitable, but this was more than normal.

"What could we adapt? Like 13 Going on 30 or something fun like that?" Oliver said, speaking quickly.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum