Go down
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Whatever happened to predictability Empty Whatever happened to predictability

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:56 pm

After what would have been Delilah Lockwood's third group therapy session she was walking the streets of New Rome with Oliver. They had been texting back and forth for a little bit trying to decide when would be a good time to get together to plan a birthday part for Skye Maddox. She was the only other member of their group therapy and it only seemed fitting that after everything, maybe they all deserved a party of some sort, something to lighten everyone's mood and a place to have fun.

The place they decided to go to try and plan everything was Brunch at Tiffany's. It was a good place to go and they served brunch all day so it was a perfect fit for them when'd they'd walk through the glass door at 1:30 in the afternoon on July 28th. As they walked in they set off the sensor that'd make the door do its own little chime to let anyone who was working know they had customers. It was maybe five seconds later that a peppy little blonde came up to them, "Hi there you guys! Just for two?" She asked.

"Yeah just for two." Delilah said flashing a smile back to the girl in front of them.

"Perfect, now would you prefer a booth or table? We have both options available for you today." The girl said with her bright eyes looking between the two of them for an answer.

Delilah looked over to Oliver before she looked back to the blonde, "Uh, booth will do." She said, everyone loved booths, right? Also it just felt like they'd have more room for Delilah's notebook and their food than just a table.

"Okay! Follow me." The blonde girl said as she began to lead the pair to their table. "My name is Lily and I am your hostess this afternoon." She said as she pulled out her little notebook, "Can I get some drinks to get your started?" After she took down the order from both of them she gave them a final smile, "Here are your menus and your server will be over in a few moments to take your order and I'll be right back with your drinks."

Delilah had seated herself in the booth and reached into her bag, she pulled out her notebook that had a gold coil in it that would bind all the pages together. The front was a lavender colour with her name on the front in a flowery cursive. Next came her tiny pencil case that held the nicest set of pens she owned. She had various colours of pens too, Delilah liked to be colour coded. "Okay, lets do this thing."

Last edited by Astoria on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Whatever happened to predictability Empty Re: Whatever happened to predictability

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:03 pm

Oliver was never the kind of person to jump on bandwagon trends, but he was so here for brunch. Oliver loves breakfast food, but as a chronic over sleeper and a firm believer that breakfast for dinner just doesn't work, he rarely got to eat them. Then, a trend that he could really get behind came to the forefront: brunch. That's why Oliver got so excited that they planned for Skye's birthday party at Brunch at Tiffany's. Actually, she had initially suggested planning at Lachlan's since that's where they'd actually be having it, but Oliver knew that that was prime place to have Skye catch on. Their plan didn't work if Skye found out.

So, they all went their separate ways after therapy and Oliver and Delilah met up on the other side of the hospital to head to Tiffany's. Oliver was glad that they were doing this for Skye. After all they knew about the others in therapy, they knew she could use it. Outside of therapy, though, Oliver didn't know Skye like amazing or anything. That's where Delilah came in. Between her knowledge of Skye and his impeccable partying and party planning skills, this was about to be the 18th birthday party of the decade. Well, at least until his in September. He had plans.

Oliver slid into the booth across from Delilah and ordered some orange juice. He popped one of the free little muffins into his mouth. He watched as Delilah pulled out a notebook and more pens than Oliver thought he had ever owned. Oliver slipped his phone out of his pocket.

"I was just gonna take notes on my phone." Oliver tapped the home button, but it didn't light up. "Which is... dead." Oliver looked up, laughing a bit. "Good thing you're like actually prepared."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Whatever happened to predictability Empty Re: Whatever happened to predictability

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:27 pm

If there were one thing to note about Delilah Lockwood, it would be the fact that she absolutely loved stationery and got excited by the variety they had in stores. Going to Staples was like Delilah's own personal candy store if she were a kid who loved candy. One of her favourite pens were the ones that had the multi colours and you could just switch between the different ones. "I take this very seriously." Delilah said to Oliver as she had a fake serious face on with the same tone to match.

"I'm kidding of course, I just love stationery way too much and I like handwriting things more than putting them on my phone. I always forget my phone at home or something." Delilah said with the same smile from before flipping onto her face as the hostess came back with an orange juice for Oliver and an apple juice for Delilah. Immediately after she took a sip from her glass and opened her notebook to the section she had tabbed off and labelled as "Skye's surprise" It kind of rhymed, right?

"Okay, so its a pool party at Lachlan's that's all we got, but we need to talk about things such as decorations, maybe we could make a little drink menu or something. " Delilah said flipping through the little bits of notes she did have until she got to a small sketch of Lachlan's backyard, "I also made a sketch, but it isn't to detail, so we can try and map out where we want things." She said showing him the book.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:53 am

The waitress came back with their drinks and asked if they were ready to order. Oliver realized that he hadn't even looked at the menu yet. He scrambled to find it on the table and the waitress said that she's just come back. Oliver really hated how frazzled he was sometimes. Usually it made him just chill and easy going, but now he was embarrassingly flipping through this brunch menu. Oliver took a sip of his orange juice and settled on ordering some fancy blintzes and left it open for when the waitress came back.

Oliver crossed his long legs in the booth and leaned over the table to look at the drawing that Delilah had done. Oliver had seen that backyard an innumerable number of times but it was fun to see it through Delilah's eyes. He imagined her thinking about to the childhood he had shared with Skye and Lachlan and drawing this place that he been there for every age. He smiled a little sweet smile as he looked up at her. A small part of him wished he was a legacy so he could have been there, too.

Oliver pointed at the notebook. "I was thinking since we are already doing a pool thing, we could do a Hawaiian theme or a beach or something. Unload some sand somewhere in the backyard, have fruity drinks and some fun dancing. This has to be the party of the decade. Well, until September." Oliver laughed and winked at Delilah. "Oh wait, that's my birthday. I don't know if you knew that." Oliver stammered.

Last edited by QMeetsWorld on Sat May 11, 2019 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:53 pm

As the waitress had come up to them to take their order, Delilah had a hard time knowing exactly what she wanted. She wanted crepes, but she also wanted waffles, but then again she just wanted something less breakfasty. It was hard to establish what she was in the mood for, but eventually she settled on afternoon tea. It wasn't quite breakfast or lunch, but it'd do for now. Delilah loved the little finger sandwiches that came with the afternoon tea and the little pastries. Her choice was to have her sandwiches on brown bread and she'd just do the cucumber sandwiches.

After she had shown him the notebook and he began to point at things while he talked about his ideas her mouth dropped a little with a gasp. "Oliver, I wanted to unload some sand in there too! I was thinking we could maybe set up a little volley ball net too, resemble a bit of beach volley ball.We could get some tiki torches which will also help with the mosquitoes and set those up. Maybe have a limbo contest, how low can you go Garrett? I feel like this is a game I'm destined to win." Delilah said with a bit of a laugh.

"Ooh a September birthday? That's cute. Don't worry you'll have the best birthday of the century. I'll even help plan it. I'm an excellent party planner." The daughter of Epione said with a sense of pride for a brief moment.

"Back to the Skye thing though, I know it's not in theme, but Skye loves soft pretzels so we got to include those. Fruity drinks with the umbrellas!" Delilah was getting excited now as they were discussing the party. this was going to be an awesome party, and honestly it would blow off so much steam. "I think we should also get a keg or two, because we'll probably be inviting a bunch of people and some people aren't into fruity drinks."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:49 pm

Oliver smiled and laughed as Delilah got excited about the sand. She was really easy to be around because it felt like they could just be simple and excited together. It was funny that they had come into this with all the same ideas. Sure, there weren't too many ways to go with a pool party, but it had gone deeper than the general theme. Volleyball, sand, fruity drinks, limbo: all ideas that they had shared.

"I'm 6'2'' and a disaster who hasn't formally played a sport since 2011. Do you think that I'm good at limbo?" Oliver laughed. Then they were talking about his birthday. Oliver had always been someone who cared deeply about his birthday. He'd been planning his 18th birthday since March of 2018: 18 months for 18 years. He'd narrowed it down to the top 4 outfits, unless he bought a new one which opened a-whole-nother can of worms.

"You might have to fight Lachlan for the role of my party planner. He already told me that he's throwing me the rager of the century. Actually, he could probably be quelled a bit." Oliver laughed. If Lachlan did all the planning they'd end up at having the equivalent of a night club in his backyard and none of Oliver's outfits worked for that. He couldn't pull off the bro tank. Oliver nodded along as Delilah talked.

"Oh yeah, definitely. This is going to be so much fun."

Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:07 am

"You never know, Oliver, people have hidden talents all the time." Delilah said with the slightest shrug of her shoulders. Limbo wasn't her biggest strong suit, but if she was going to be good at anything sport related it was going to be limbo above all other things. Sometimes Delilah was decently good at Volley ball if she timed everything right, but other times she would just get hit with the ball or trip into the net. The hand eye coordination definitely didn't get given to her, it was more of a Jules thing.

At the mention of Lachlan being the one to plan his birthday she knew that would be a give in, she was pretty sure she could convince Lachlan to let her help, she had some good location ideas and theme ideas. Oliver just had a certain vibe to him that Delilah could pick up from the moment they had that drunk jam session and he played something jazzy things and bluesy things. It was such a short moment but it told so much and even know in this moment she was picking up on some things, that and anything she didn't know Lachlan would be able to fill in the gaps.

"Lachlan and I will work something out, don't worry." Delilah said flashing him a smile and she took a sip of her apple juice as eventually she pulled the notebook over to her so she could start jotting the ideas down in a green coloured pen. Then she flipped the page and wrote 'to-do list' in a purple colour before she looked up to him, "Okay lets break this down into things to do and make sure we can get them done in time. This is going to be awesome." Then she paused for a moment as her face shifted to a new form of excitement and she put her pen down, "Oliver, you can say no, because I get its not everyone's thing but matching grass skirts."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:45 am

The waitress came up and they both placed their orders, not without a little bit of stress of Oliver debating with himself if that was what he actually wanted, but he settled on it. Oliver took both of their menus and passed them to the waitress. Oliver pulled his orange juice close to him and pulled his legs back up to sit criss-cross-applesauce and could sip from the cup without moving.

Oliver couldn't help but be a bit excited when Delilah offered to help with his party. That meant that she would definitely be there. His friendship with Delilah was odd and hadn't come along by normal means but he loved spending time with her. It was nice to know that whatever his party was they could hang out.

Oliver watched as Delilah flipped through her notebook at put pen to paper, saying that they needed to break down the things that they needed to do. He was impressed by how organized some people were sometimes. If Oliver was doing this alone, he'd have no idea where to start. Unlike him, Delilah seemed to be methodical and actually prepared. That was when Delilah suggested matching grass skirts and his head fell backwards laughing.

"Just tell me what you need me to do and I'll do it. That includes wearing matching grass skirts. 100% deal." Oliver stuck out his pinky finger to Delilah across the tables.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:34 am

In her little cute cursive she wrote some things on the to-do list as her and Oliver talked a little bit. She was interrupted at one point to so that they could order food from the waitress. A few times she wondered if she wanted the waffles instead, but ultimately decided that she wanted the cute little pastries and the finger sandwiches. Delilah loves afternoon tea and used to do it all the time with Juliana and when she was even younger her father took them out to do it at this cute little tea house on Pomona Avenue or they'd do little day trips out to San Francisco to do afternoon tea.

'matching grass skirts', 'leis', 'tikki torches', 'drink umbrellas', 'order sand to be delivered.' and the rest was a work in progress but she'd jot things down onto the list as she worked on it. Delilah smiled up at him when he said he'd be there for whatever he needed her for. That made Delilah happier than she thought it would, but she knew Oliver would be great to party with, honestly time spent with Oliver was a stress free zone. She didn't think about the difficult things in life and she could focus on positive vibes only. He was like a fresh breath of air.

"Okay, well then we're totally doing it!" She said with a big grin on her face before talking again, "We could take a little road trip to go get the decorations today. I can drive and we could drive to San Fran." She offered.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:31 pm

Oliver watched as Delilah formed a list for what they needed in sweet handwriting. Oliver would probably have tried to just do this on the day before the party and forgotten at least half of the things that she had already written down. Oliver reminded himself that if he ever had to do anything important that Delilah was the person to go to.

Oliver perked up at the idea of a road trip. "I would love to get out of here for the day and I LOVE San Francisco. I was there for Pride like a month ago with my friends Brian and Emily. I had an absolute blast." Oliver said, excitedly. He was extremely open with his pansexuality. It was always super chill with his mom. Honestly, he kind of thought she'd be more upset if he was 100% straight.

The waitress came back with a large plate in either hand. Oliver pushed his orange juice back towards the middle of the table as she slid the plate in front of him. Oliver unwrapped the napkin that was around his silverware and pulled the fork and knife out. He waited until Delilah took a bite of her food, as he'd been taught in Boy Scouts Etiquette class, and then dove into his food. Oliver ate like an animal and honestly it was kind of impressive how quickly he ate. Jasmine always asked if he'd like to taste his food before inhaling it.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:57 pm

Writing down a few other things Delilah decided to close her notebook for the moment and put it away. She had at least five other notebooks in her room back home. Everything that she could ever need to plan or anything she could ever need to remember was down in notebooks. She had trust issues with putting everything down in her phone, they were easier to lose or it was just a mess when the phone would delete things on her, but if they were being real it was probably because Delilah wasn't very good with technology.

Her smile only grew if that were even possible when he said he went to pride in San Francisco. "I went too! I went with my friends Charlie and Kara! It was a blast, I have a picture of me actually." Delilah said, she was fairly closeted in the past, at this point she was more open about it and part of that had to do with becoming closer to Charlie Virgo and kissing Skye that one night. She mostly kept her sexuality from her family at this point even though she was fairly sure Jules would be okay with it. Delilah fumbled with her phone as she scrolled through the photos, there was one of Delilah holding the pride flag behind her in the middle of a street. She had been looking over her shoulder laughing with the little pride flag temporary tattoos on her cheek. Her hair was in a half pony and over the hair elastic she had a rainbow ribbon in her hair.

Delilah turned her phone to show Oliver as their food came, she had the little pastries and finger sandwiches along with her tea cup and pot of tea. The brunette was beyond excited for it and immediately went for the finger sandwiches.

"We definitely need to go on a road trip after this... This calls for matching road trip sunglasses too and rocking selfies."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Oliver pulled out his phone to exchange pictures with Delilah. He pulled one up of him standing with a goofy smile on his face. He's wearing shorts and a rainbow tye-dyed shirts. Emily and Brian are each kissing one of his cheeks. Emily had done his face up with an insane amount of glitter, and sprayed some of that temporary hair spray coloring in his hair to make a rainbow. He's holding a pride flag in one hand and giving a piece sign with the other. He loved this picture of him because he looked just stupidly happy. Just 8 days before this picture was taken he had had his worst breakdown yet, the one that had made Lachlan call Jasmine. She had gotten on a flight that night (Oliver's mom hated flying, but she couldn't take 28 hours to get there, she said) and was in by the morning of the 22nd when Oliver was finally came back to in the hospital. He'd spent the weekend in the hospital and was released Sunday. They had so many meetings and lunches and heart-to-hearts before she left on the 28th, but on the 29th he was smiling on the streets of San Francisco with Emily and Brian. Really shows how life just keeps happening. It'd all been harder since then and sometimes he just wished it had all stopped then, that he could have just chosen to end it.

Then, Oliver looked back up at Delilah as she ate a finger sandwich and gushed about road tripping together and he remembered how lucky he was to have amazing friends. Lachlan, Emily, and Brian, and now Delilah and Skye. Oliver smiled and slid his phone back into his pocket, putting his fork back into his food.

"We need to go somewhere cool and hip on a road trip. Maybe we could go up to wine country or down to Hollywood and to Malibu beach." Olvier gushed back, excitedly. It was so nice to just get to be un-ironically enthusiastic. "You'll have to drive, though. I don't have a car. Or a license for that matter." Oliver laughed and forked a bite of food into his mouth.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:10 pm

It was ore. Miss to sink her teeth into the finger sandwich, but in reality she was most excited to get to the little pastries and quiches. The little pastries we’re just adorable, besides it was kind of related to brunch, right? It had to be because the place was literally called ‘Brunch at Tiffany’s.’

She looked at the photo of Oliver at pride and she smiled he has looked really cute in the photo standing there with the little pride flag in hand. Part of her could feel a bit of warmth wash over her. It was the same warmth she had always been feeling around Oliver. He was just easy to be around and easy to talk to.

As she poured her tea into the cup she began to talk, “I can definitely drive we can take my little beetle!” Delilah getting excited to use the cute 2014 Volkswagen Beetle, she remembered her father saying she could get a new one but Delilah likes the charm of the older slightly used car. The legacy of Cupid began to stir in some honey to her tea and continue talking, “ooh when we go get the party stuff we could go sight seeing in San Francisco, like... Baker beach or Legion if Honor.”
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:43 pm

Oliver laughed loudly. "You would drive a beetle. Let me guess, it's yellow." Oliver said, 100% sure that it was, because of course it was. Oliver could probably name every single thing that decorated Delilah's room down to a canopied bed, faerie lights, and a poster that said 'Live, Laugh' Love'. Yes, that was great advice for anyone, but it was also pretty basic. That was perfectly fine, though. Oliver liked that about Delilah. She just was Delilah. He nodded along as she said places that they needed to go in San Francisco. He loved a spontaneous trip out of the place. He had to add his tour spots.

"We can go to the Golden Gate Bridge and rides the cable car to get cupcakes obviously." Oliver added between posts. "And we have to see the Full House house. I've gotten re-obsessed after Aunt Becky paid for her kids to go to school." Oliver laughed as he finished his food. He set his fork face down over his knife and set the napkin on top.

"This is gonna be totally awesome." Oliver said excitedly.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:10 pm

Hearing Oliver laugh loudly only made Delilah laugh out loud when he mentioned that she would drive a beetle, she couldn't help it, it was a cute car. It was a volkswagon beetle or a chevy spark, because those were adorable little cars too. Delilah just loved the soft and adorable things in life, she loved things that made her feel happy and warm, and her little beetle was like that. "Well you aren't wrong." Delilah said as she pulled her tea cup up to her mouth and blew on the tea a little bit before sipping at it.

"You had me at cupcakes!" Delilah said as her eyes lit up thinking about the sweets, she couldn't help it when it came to cakes and little mini cakes. Mini cakes was what she called cupcakes sometimes, because that's what they were. She loves chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate frosting, she didn't really care for vanilla icing unless it was made really well. "Oooh the Full House house! I love that idea, now I just want to take this to go and leave now." The excitement in Delilah had just continued on, she loved talking and bouncing ideas off of Oliver, he could match her energy and it was nice. "Have you been watching Fuller House?" She asked trying to open the door for other conversations.

"I'm so excited!"
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:11 am

Oliver tapped his feet quickly on his floor. A busboy came and took their empty plates away and boxed up Delilah's leftovers as Delilah asked about whether or not he was watching Fuller House.

"Is it embarrassing if I say yes? I just love Ramona. Team Steve or Team Matt?" Oliver asked with a laugh. He was just really hoping that she also watched Fuller House or this was going to be very awkward. The waitress came over with the bill and Oliver pulled out his debit card, passing it to her before she could leave. She took it up to the register to cash them out.

Oliver stretched his shoulders as he stood up. "Are we really about to do this?" The waitress brought back the receipt and his card and Oliver signed and tipped. "I really need a day out of this place." Oliver fidgeted with the ring on his finger as they walked to the door.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:26 am

The busboy had come to get there food and even gave Delilah a box to put the rest of her food into. She just wanted to get onto the road and out of the city they were so used to. She could tell that Oliver could probably use the time away too. Delilah wanted to protest about him paying for the bill, but she'd let it go this time, because next time they went out to this little brunch place she'd pay. If there were a next time, part of her was hoping there would be another time, she liked spending time with Oliver, and Brunch at Tiffany's was a good place.

Delilah scoffed for one of the few times in her life she would ever scoff. "You act like there's more than one team, puh-lease." The legacy said shaking her head, "Team Steve all the way. There's so much chemistry and they're so cute. You can't just invite Steve back onto the show and not get the couple back together. Ramona's good, but lets talk about about the real stars here, the she wolf pack."

The brunette could go on and on about Fuller House, but the real topic at interest here was just Full House, she had always loved uncle Jesse, speaking of which, "Hey, is it just me, or does Sam Reid kind of look like uncle Jesse?"

QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:34 pm

Oliver let out a dramatic breath when she said that she was Team Steve. "Oh thank goodness. I was worried you were going to say Matt and we would have to stop being friends." Oliver joked. He held the door open for Delilah as they walked on to the street. He followed her lead as to where they needed to go to get to her adorable beetle.

Delilah completely caught him off guard with the comment about Sam Reid. He had to stop walking because he was doubled over laughing, on the verge of tears. It was so rare that he got to laugh like this that he wanted to live in it. Once he got control of himself, he replied,

"You know, I've never given it much thought but he totally does. He doesn't have Nick Jonas tattooed on his arm, though. At least, I don't think that he does." Oliver laughed. He had been totally obsessed with that whole thing between John Stamos and Nick Jonas. He was also totally obsessed with the Jonas Brothers. Joe was his first ever celebrity crush and he was still obsessed.

"We have got to listen to Sucker on this roadtrip. Actually, you have to let me DJ so that we can truly live it up." Oliver said, slipping on a pair of white sunglasses as they walked.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:22 pm

She let out a gasp as he mentioned the words 'team Matt' anyone who was team Matt wasn't a true Full House fan, in fact it meant they were only watching Fuller House and never even bothered to see the comedy of Joey, Jesse and Danny trying to raise three little girls. It was such a good show that had good catch phrases and even had the sentimental 'you could learn from this' moments. "I'm just glad you aren't a Team Matt fan. It'd be a true tragedy." Delilah said in a matter of fact way.

They were walking down the street as they were talking for a bit. She could just hear laughter erupt from him as she made the comment about Sam Reid, in which catch his laugh was just contagious so she laughed along with him, but it was true. "Yeah, I don't think he has the tattoo like John Stamos...But are we sure? Maybe we will have to go on a mission to figure it out?" Delilah proposed with a big grin on her face, it'd be a hard mission to accomplish. Sam Reid wasn't around a whole lot and it'd be weird to just ask him to roll up his sleeve.

"Okay, you can definitely be in charge of the music, I trust you. You'll have way better stuff than I could have."

It wasn't much longer until she found her cute little yellow beetle. "There she is!" said with excitement as she hit the button on her keypad to unlock her beetle."You might have to adjust the seat though, I haven't had anyone really tall ride in the passenger side in a really long time if not maybe ever." Delilah said, the only person she could think of was her dad when he taught her to drive.

"Okay, favourite Tanner girl, go." Delilah said as she got into the driver's side of the car.

QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:48 am

"We could become like spies... Or superheroes! They could call us Slut and The Falcon." Oliver laughed and then added, "That's a Perks of Being a Wallflower reference. And I would obviously be the slut." Oliver absolutely loved that movie and Ezra Miller was an icon. He didn't like him much as the Flash, though. He was more of a Grant Gustin guy himself.

Oliver walked to the passenger side of the car and opened the door. He tried to get in but couldn't fit his legs in the little space.

"This is heightist." He joked and then slid the seat back. He fell into the seat and closed the door. He quickly plugged his phone in so that it turned on and he could play his music. He instantly started playing Sucker by the Jonas Brothers and rolled down the window.

"Now this is a road trip." Oliver said excitedly. Then, they were leaving. Oliver felt like a weight was being taken off his chest as they laughed and sang along to fun music. He hadn't realized how much he needed to leave for a bit. He watched as New Rome disappeared behind them and he looked at Delilah, smiling. In that moment, he felt so lucky.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:42 am

It wasn't long before he mentioned that they would be like spies or superheroes. That's when he made the Perks of Being a Wallflower reference and she smiled, she had seen the show once or twice, but it had been a little too long for her to quote a lot of the show, "Where we solve crimes?" She quipped with a grin on her face shutting her door and putting the key in the ignition. Then she gasped, "Oliver, we could be spies though! The ones from Totally Spies, you know the show. Have you seen that before. We'd get the cool aesthetic gadgets and the suits. I have a strong feeling you'd be a Clover for some reason."

He finally had himself adjusted in the car and immediately he had plugged in his phone and the song Sucker by the Jonas Brothers came on. It reminded her of the time she had borrowed Skye's Jonas Brother's shirt and never returned it, in fact she ended up wearing it again before she met up with Skye again, she didn't know how that happened, parts of the night were still extremely foggy, but she did remember playing instruments drunkenly with Oliver.

Turning the car on she pulled away and started to drive out of New Rome. It was nice to drive out of the city and head somewhere else. She loved being in New Rome, but there were times where it just felt like she was getting suffocated. They listened to a variety of songs on the playlist Oliver had, singing along to whatever song came on. She looked over to Oliver at one point and seen him smiling at her, in that moment she smiled back at him, before she put her eyes back on the road.

"Do you have some old school Jonas Brothers? Like S.O.S. ?That was mine and Skye's jam back in the day." They had roughly five to three minutes left until they'd be entering the San Fran area and they could drive to the party store from there to get what they needed before having stupid adventures.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Oliver looked shocked and gasped when Delilah had the audacity to call him a Clover. "I am in no way a Clover. I am Alex 100%. You're a Sam, obvs." Oliver laughed, thinking back to watching Totally Spies on the small tv in the apartments living room. He'd loved the Powerpuff Girls when he was really little, so Totally Spies was the next logical step for him. "Skye can be Clover."

It wasn't a long drive to get to San Francisco's city limits from camp, but it took a bit longer to get anywhere worth going in the city. Oliver watched as Queen Anne style home flew by one either side of them as music blasted from the radio. Unfortunately, coming from the Oakland Hills, they didn't travel over the Golden Gate Bridge, but Oliver could see it in the distance. He always loved driving in cars, but was thankful that he didn't have to drive them. He always meant to learn how to drive, but he hadn't yet.

As they flew over the Bay Bridge, Delilah asked about other Jonas Brothers songs. Oliver laughed. "I challenge you to find a Jonas Brothers song that I don't have." Olvier clicks on SOS and it started blaring out of the speakers. It was true that he didn't think Delilah could find a song that he didn't have. He even had the shitty tv show songs. Oliver started to sing along loudly.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:45 pm

“Okay okay, fair, you’re more of an Alex. I’m so sorry Mr.Garrett, my deepest apologies.” Delilah said joking around in the same fashion as normally did around Oliver. He was easy to get along with and even though he had his own issues much like her, they could find ways to keep the topics light and breezy. Not that emotion would be bad, but she enjoyed learning more about him.

Delilah had the ac in the car cranked, it was only natural when it was August in California. You had to have the ac on or you’d simply just die. Well you wouldn’t die that was a little dramatic of her. “So Totally Spies for Halloween this year?” Delilah poses the question trying her hardest not to laugh, but part of her was dead serious.

Oliver had found the song she requested and started to blast it in the car. He had challenged her to find a song he didn’t have on his phone and she decided it’d be a challenge accepted on her part. The legacy joined in on singing the lyrics of the song as loudly as she could singing overtop of the music.

It wasn’t long before they were actually in the city and Delilah was taking the roads that’d lead them to the store they needed. It was maybe two minutes later when the song was coming to an end that she ended up parked in the parking lot. “Okay, are you ready? We can definitely get distracted in here by the way, I love this store.”
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:31 pm

Oliver thought about him, Delilah, and Skye dressed up as Totally Spies and laughed.  He'd been living in the past a lot and,  with the exception of his birthday, hadn't been thinking much about the future. Usually he'd know for sure who he was going to be. Last year he decided on what he was going to be by mid June. It took Lachlan longer to convince that they should be the guys from White Christmas dressed up as the sisters, but once he convinced him they looked SO GOOD.

"Don't tempt me. I would look KILLER in a yellow catsuit." Oliver laughed. They pulled into the parking lot of the store and into a spot. Oliver unbuckled his seatbelt and unplugged his phone from the car. He pushed himself up from the low car as Delilah talked about getting trapped in the store. As he stretched out his legs, Oliver said,

"I'll make it my personal mission to make sure you make it out of their alive. The Slut to the rescue." Oliver joked. He drummed his hands on the top of the car before turning to head to the store. He grabbed a shopping cart from one of the cart corrals and pushed it, running to gain speed, and then jumped on the back, riding it down the hill to the front door.

"Come on! Keep up!"  Oliver joked over his shoulder to Delilah.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:34 pm

“You [i]would[look killer in a yellow suit, you’d definitely pull it off the best.”The brunette said laughing at the thought of the three of them in the suits from Totally Spies. It was still a good idea in her mind and she really thought it’d be the Halloween costume group of the century.

She began to unbuckle her seat belt and turn the car off pulling the keys out of the ignition. Delilah proceeded to get out of the car and shut the door behind her while locking it with her little keypad, it wasn’t long until Oliver was running with the shopping car and yelling at her to keep up. If they weren’t in public she’d definitely use her wings, but she’d hate to make the mist work extra hard.

With that Delilah began to run towards Oliver, luckily she used to run everyday so she had built on her speed and endurance, she could most likely out run Oliver. It took her a bit but she was up to par with him and gave him a gentle shove, “you’re such a cheater getting a head start. Next time just let me know and I’ll hop in the cart.”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum