Go down
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Whatever happened to predictability - Page 3 Empty Re: Whatever happened to predictability

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:11 pm

"That's good to hear! I'd love for you to be in more of them." She didn't instagram live too often, but normally she would just be by herself or sometimes she'd be with Kara at the time of her filming the videos. Deep down that wasn't even why she said what she said, Delilah was hoping subconsciously for her and Oliver to get to spend more time together. They just clicked in a way that was hard to come by these days, they could talk about anything and they could share their similar interests, Delilah wanted to spend more time with the son of Letus.

The question almost surprised the brunette. She didn't know why it did because it was a completely fair question, it just caught her off guard. Delilah grinned for a few moments her head still resting on his shoulder and her arms around his neck loosely. "Well, kind of." The daughter of Epione said trying to find her words, but eventually she'd get her footings. "I have a youtube channel, it's still slowly gaining more subscribers, I'm not as big as other channels, I haven't hit a million subs yet. But I have like 223,000 subscribers, so nothing big." She thought about to her sub count, and her channel a bit, she spent a lot of time working on it, it was the one place she really had the most control in her life and she liked it.

"I do a variety of things, I'll do vlogmas, and vlogathons from time to time, but most of my content is cover's of songs and sometimes I do product reviews on things that are a little controversial on the market or I write little 8 minute stories and my friend Kara draws for them. So we put out little cartoon animation things. We get some help with voice over stuff too, so people like to follow for that content. " The girl tried to awkwardly explain what she did on youtube, it didn't sound like much and it kind of sounded boring from time to time, but she had a following and she enjoyed creating content, so that's all the really mattered in her books.

"I'm kind of mad that the chance to adapt Legally Blonde has been taken. I love that movie, it's iconic. 13 Going on 30 is so good, it'd be interesting to try and adapt. There's also Clueless, its a real classic. Oooh How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days would be fun too, sorry I'm just spewing different romantic comedies off the top of my head. I guess you can tell I'm a huge movie buff, especially for rom coms." Delilah said laughing a bit as she could go on for hours listing different movies they could spin around, but then her head lifted off of his shoulder for a minute and she gasped. "Oliver, the answer has been with us the whole day... I understand if it's a shut down, but I think this could be a brilliant idea, Full House the Musical. It'd be really hard to cast though." The legacy said pondering the idea some more in her head.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Whatever happened to predictability - Page 3 Empty Re: Whatever happened to predictability

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:55 am

Oliver's eyes grew wide as Delilah described her YouTube channel. He had been expecting that, maximum, she was posting videos that no one was really watching. He had not expected her to literally have a silver play button for passing 100,000 subscribers.

"There is no way that Lachlan knows about that. His stupid ego would be trying to get in those videos all the time. Well, his ego in the form of how his face is and that jawline-slash-cheekbones combo." Oliver said, his pace slowing a little bit as they made there way down the beach. He was probably getting a little bit tired, but he also didn't want to get to the end of the beach. It meant that they were that much closer to this day being over. Oliver didn't want to go back to his normal world. He liked this Oliver more. "What is my moment of fame?" Oliver joked. Truly, he didn't want that. He just wanted to be happy with his friends. Very Hufflepuff of him.

"There is already a Clueless musical. Dove Cameron starred in it like in the winter. A queen, truly." Oliver commented. He definitely was obsessed with Dove. "Any rom com would make a good one. I really think that 13 Going On 30 has some promise though. Or maybe we could do a jukebox musical, like the music of one artist. Like Lady Gaga." Oliver laughed. There were some really good jukebox musicals like Mamma Mia and Million Dollar Quartet. Sometimes he was embarrassed by all the lame knowledge he had.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:08 am

"Well for the past year or so Lachlan and I haven't been that close of friends like we used to be. He knows I have a youtube channel but back then it was a very small thing like maybe 100 subscribers, nothing to help his ego grow." Delilah said with a laugh as Oliver had mentioned Lachlan obviously not knowing. "I guess I got so caught up with my friends since the group split up, I mean if it ever comes up in conversation I might tell him, but I don't need him taking the camera from me."

She listened to him speaking about the fame thing and she just stared out at the water and the sand in front of them for a few moments, "It's not really about the fame to me. I could leave it at any point, but my whole life I've had people guiding me or telling me what I needed to do. I've been riddled with a bunch of worry about things I can't control, but with this, it's one project I get to do anytime I want and have all the control I could want in it. It's empowering in some ways." A smile had formed on her face as she talked about it, because it just felt good to have built something that was yours and it felt good to be recognized in some ways for it.

Delilah realized it had been some time for Oliver to have been walking in the sand and sun with her on her back, but also in general walking the beach didn't mean they had to walk the entire way through and not stop once. What was the point of life if you couldn't stop to smell the roses every now and then? "If you want we can stop for a bit and just sit in the sand or play in the mud. We don't have to walk straight through and have the day be totally gone from us. Still some day light left." It was summer they'd have daylight until about nine at night probably.

"The more I think of it, 13 going on 30 is a pretty good idea. What kind of Jukebox musical would you want to do?"
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:15 am

As Oliver thought about, he realized that Lachlan didn't really talk about Delilah, or any of his friends from when he was young. Lachlan didn't seem to like many of his friends now all that much, and when he did mention the Cul De Six, it was with a certain reverence. He guessed it would probably be different when it came to Skye now, but that wasn't Oliver's business to think too much about. Anyway, he kind of guessed that it was something that he knew that Delilah didn't, based on his conversation with Skye the week before.

"It may not be about fame for you, but it totally will be for me. I want my moment in the spotlight." Oliver said dramatically, obviously joking. He wasn't really sure how to talk about serious stuff like that with Delilah as they walked down the beach. They'd gotten better about talking about stuff in therapy, but he didn't want to talk about it too much outside. It wasn't that he wasn't willing to talk about the stuff that Delilah needed to, he just didn't want to feel obligated to talk about all of his shit. So, he chose to settle for a simple. "That makes sense, though."

Oliver was happy to stop and set Delilah down and just relax. "Plenty of time left. Aren't we too old to play in the mud?" Oliver asked. He bent down and picked through some of the rocks on the round. He found a couple of flat ones and started skipping them off the ground. He thought about when him and his mom would go to the beach and do this for hours.

"I mean, Lady Gaga is always a good choice, I think." Oliver laughed.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Delilah let out a small chuckle as Oliver mentioned he wanted his moment in the spotlight. Most people would and even a small part of Delilah liked having as many followers and subscribers as she did. She worked hard for them of course and she loved the idea of having control over something, but finally feeling like she mattered in some lives made a big difference. To have that moment where you feel like you're a bigger part of life than how you feel in your day to day life was one of the best feelings. Delilah kept these thoughts to herself, she decided to keep the day light and airy instead, she could do that.

Oliver had taken her suggestion and they stopped for moment. She realized that she had still been wearing her shoes, and the sand was way harder to walk in with shoes on so Delilah slipped her flats off and set them down on the beach as she walked towards the wet sand. "Never too old to play in the mud, Oliver." Delilah said with a big grin on her face as her feet hit the wet sand just in time for the waves to come washing up over her feet. It felt nice and in some ways she was kicking herself wishing she had brought a swimsuit with her because swimming in the water would be nice. "I could stay out here forever." Delilah said.

For some reason water just always made Delilah feel at home. Even when she had stayed at the Greek camp briefly, she would sit by the water on the beach and it was more comforting than most things. "Lady Gaga would be interesting. Changing the subject a little, would you rather be without elbows or would you rather be without knees?" She tried asking in her most serious face, but part of her couldn't contain it, she broke out into a goofy smile as she tried to imaging life without either of them. Was it silly to bring up a game of would you rather? Yeah, but it kept things easy and simple. If she tried to play twenty questions or something that could get into some rough waters between the two of them, besides they were kind of beyond twenty questions. When you share a therapy session, it's kind of hard to not know some things about the other person. Then truth or dare almost ran into the same problem, besides that was more of a group game. Delilah rarely played though.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Oliver continued to skip rocks as Delilah joined him in the wet sand. The water hit their ankles as he watched rock after rock skip off the waves. When Oliver was young, his mom would encourage hobbies that he had that were monotonous or rhythmic and kept him in one place. He was usually bouncing off the walls so it was Jasmine's chance to just relax. Skipping rocks was one of those first habits. It was basically the only thing that kept him in from just running in the water and swimming as far as he could before Jasmine caught him.

Oliver was snapped off the beach in New Orleans and back to San Francisco when Delilah asked him a ridiculous would you rather. He always liked question like those. Oliver enjoyed arguing, but he didn't like how serious and heated things got when it was debating serious topics. When it was silly things like these would give a chance to argue for fun.

"I'd say no knees. It would definitely be difficult, but I feel like it would be less difficult than not being able to bend your arms ever. Like Barbie legs sound so much better than Barbie arms." Oliver mused. He knew it didn't really matter, but it was fun. Talking about Barbies made him think about being young, and what Delilah said about never being too old to play in the mud. He got a sly smile on his face. He quickly pulled her bag off of her and slipped his phone into the pocket as well.

"I guess we're not too old for this either." He pushed her into the water in front of them.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:45 pm

It was nice to feel the water on her ankles, luckily enough she had worn a pair of black shorts today, so she wouldn't have to deal with her clothes getting wet. As she stood there she listened to Oliver talking about about he'd rather have Barbie legs than not have use of his elbows, she couldn't help but laugh out loud at the thought of someone walking around with Barbie legs, but even then those would bend, but you'd have to snap them to bend the way you wanted to, and then snap them back. Not all Barbies were like that though. It had been years since she had even thought about Barbies and now all her memories of playing Barbies came flooding back.

Before Delilah had a change to ponder and answer back to Oliver, she was quickly brought back to reality as Oliver took her bag and moved it away from the water before he'd push her in. That was the worst idea, Delilah had the same balance as Bambi on ice, so there she went falling down onto her hands and knees in the water, just in time for the water to flood in on a wave hitting her face. "Bleh." Delilah said as she slowly got up, so much for being successful in having dry clothes, not that she was complaining about it.

"First things first, I agree, although I wish you had Barbie arms because you wouldn't have been able to push me. Second, you'll pay for this Garrett." She said using his last name in the same way you'd sometimes hear on Harry Potter with people referring to Harry as 'Potter' or Draco as 'Malfoy'. Delilah bent down and cupped her hands to splash water at Oliver, before she knew something that was clearly more treacherous than just getting water on you. Her hands dug into the mud and she'd pull out globs of it, with it slipping from the sides of her hands, she felt like being nice and giving him the chance to run away, but instead she ran up to him and grabbed his arms sliding the mud down them.

"Like I said, you're never too old to play with mud."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:30 pm

Oliver laughed as Delilah went back into the water, but it cut off as she lost her balance and stumbled back. Oliver's mind flashed back to her talking about being uncoordinated and nonathletic back when they first meant. Maybe he should of thought about that before he pushed her. A laugh broke through his attempt at concern when a wave splashed right into her face. That shit was pretty funny, Oliver couldn't lie.

"I really want to say that I'm sorry but that was so funny." Oliver said between loud laughs. Oliver was still laughing when Delilah said that she would get him back and started to move towards him. He tried to run away backwards but couldn't get a footing in the sand quick enough and felt the gross mix of sand, gravel, and water get rubbed onto his arms. His nose scrunched, but he couldn't stop laughing.

"Low blow, Lockwood. You almost got away just a little bit wet." He wrapped his arms tight around Delilah and moved both of them into the water. He felt his dark shorts getting wet when he stopped, tossing Delilah out into the water. He knew he was starting a full fledged water war, but he didn't care. He was ready now.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:58 pm

"Yeah, I do admit, I would have laughed in your shoes." She said with a light chuckle, but watched as he tried to back away so he could run. It was a failed attempt to run away because at least on the sandy shores the playing field was relatively leveled. She may not have the worlds greatest balance and maybe not even the world's average balance, but it also meant it would be more difficult for Oliver too.

She laughed as he scrunched up his nose and called it a low blow, she wouldn't disagree with it, but a blow was still a blow, was it not? She continued to laugh as she realized a retaliation may happen soon, but before she could even try to get away his arms were around her and she immediately exclaimed, "No!" while laughing at the same time, she could feel the grainyness of the mud on parts of her skin where his arms had come into contact with her skin. They kept getting farther and farther into the water, and she could feel her shorts being soaked from the water and soon her shirt would be too.

As she was tossed farther into the water she tried to get her bearings a bit. "Okay, I deserved that one." Delilah said and luckily where she was she could kind of touch but it was a bit of a reach as the tips of toes grazed the bottom. She brought herself back closer to Oliver and she tried her best to reach up and wrap her arms around his neck to try and use her body weight to pull Oliver into the water. "You might as well get in, you're already wet."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:33 pm

Oliver's smile didn't fade at all as he watched Delilah go into the water and resurface. She came back towards him and he backed up slowly, acting like he didn't want to get wet, but in a way he kind of did. It was more fun if he just played along and, with a little bit of a struggle, let Delilah catch on to him.

When the daughter of Epione reached him, she wrapped her arms around his neck. He felt her weight pulling down on him, but with the water's support it wasn't doing too much to actually doing much. He looked down at Delilah, raising an eyebrow, making it clear that this wasn't doing anything to him. When she said he should just give up anyway, he went,

"Oh... Ahhhh." He said, flatly and let himself fall down into the water as if Delilah had actually pulled him down. He resurfaced from the bay water and shook out his wet hair, pushing it back with his hands. He pushed his now covered-in-water sunglasses on to the top of his head.

"Oh darn, you got me." He said, sarcastically and jokingly.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:53 pm

Delilah had tried her hardest to get Oliver into the water, but when she looked up at him, he had hardly even moved since she had latched onto him. How was that possible? The daughter of Epione just continued to rest her arms there as he gave her the eyebrow raise and she knew that it wasn't going to go anywhere. It was a true disadvantage, if she were a kid of a water god she could get him good, or maybe if she had hopped onto his back like she did earlier for a piggy back ride she could possible take him down that way, but even doing that would be difficult with how tall Oliver was.

Then she heard his response to her reasoning. The flat 'Ahhh' he said only made her laugh before she resurfaced to the top of the water making sure to push her hair back so it didn't stick to her face. When he mentioned sarcastically that she got him she grinned, she knew in fact she did nothing and it was all Oliver, but she would still consider this a small victory in her book. In truth it was just Oliver being very nice just like the Hufflepuff that he was.

"I sure did." Delilah said with a laugh, being in the water was such a nice feeling. To feel your body be relatively weightless was one of the best feelings, it was something she could never get tired of.

"Hey when we get back, did you want to have a Full House Marathon with me? Or we could have one another day or something. I'm fairly flexible." The legacy of Cupid spoke with a goofy smile on her face and a faint pounding feeling in her heart waiting to hear what his answer would be.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:02 am

"I am very very proud of you." The look on Delilah's face as she said that she had gotten him, even if she was just playing along with the same game as him, made all of it worth it. She looked happy there, in the water in her clothes. Somewhere in the back of Oliver's head, he knew that he'd do anything to have her look like that all the time. He pushed that back though. He couldn't afford to process those emotions right now, because it would probably just lead to him messing things up. He needed to process them alone and make a planned decision all of it.

When Delilah suggested that they have a Full House marathon, Oliver felt a little relieved. He had been pretty him today (and by him, he meant extra) and it was nice to know that Delilah wanted to spend more time with him, too. Oliver knew that he could be a lot to handle, and he could see when it was getting to people like Lachlan, Brian, and Emily. It felt nice to know that Delilah wasn't sick of him yet.

"I'll spend more time with you whenever you want." Oliver said. He knew that that was taking a couple of risky steps closer to the edge right after he said it, and he felt his heart start beating a little faster. He controlled his breathing through and maintained his smile to Delilah.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:19 am

She didn't realize it but she had been holding her breath as she waited for Oliver to answer her while she waded in the water a little. It was when he finally give his answer that she realized she had been holding her breath, but she didn't want it to be noticeable so she did her best to try breathing normally. She didn't know what this all was, she liked spending time with Oliver, she could match his energy and she never felt like she was being a burden on him, which in reality feeling like she was a burden on people was a her issue that she really should work out in her one on one sessions with Dr.Burke.

"Ooh!" Delilah said thinking about things for a bit, "We could always do it sometime after Skye's birthday or even before. We do have to go through the inventory of stuff we have to make sure we got everything. Besides we need to order sand off the internet when we get the chance to." The daughter of Epione said before adding, "You do still owe me some New Orleans food if I recall correctly."

She looked up to the sun and noticed that the sun had already hit its peak point in the day. It wasn't close to sundown quite yet, they didn't spend that much time but it was probably nearing dinner time at this point. "Did you want to get going? I think it's getting close to dinner time, but we could always pick something up on the way home. We could grab Lachlan some Popeye's and ask his opinion on the types of alcohol we should get for Skye's party. I think its safe to say he's been around her most party wise. I lost her last time we went to a party." The legacy hadn't realized the slight awkwardness she had now, but she chose to ignore it. She wasn't digging things up to analyze now.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:04 am

Oliver smiled sweetly at Delilah as she brought up the time he promised to make her some good New Orleans cooking. It felt like so long ago but the fact that she remembered made him feel good. He was a pretty good cook and he'd only been getting better with time because he missed the food so much. Camp Jupiter never served them anything good.

Oliver got excited at the mention of Popeye's. "I don't know if I should be offended that you jumped right to Popeye's for someone from New Orleans, but I won't be because honestly I love me some Popeye's." He said, an extra twang of his accent at the end of his sentence. He didn't want to leave. He wanted to live in this world with Delilah for as long as he could. Oliver knew though that he had to get back to New Rome and his commitments there. He just wished he could feel as weightless there as he did in the water here. Maybe he could feel better, though, through spending more time with Delilah.

"Yeah, let's head home." Oliver smiled and turned to the shore.

---
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum