Go down
Amaru
Amaru

Been there, done that... [Private] Empty Been there, done that... [Private]

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:47 pm
Dealing with the fact, that he had to leave his home in a moment notice was weird. Being dragged over half of the world into the USA was even stranger. It both seemed like a pleasant picnic in comparison with what happened next - he and his mother met with some weird kid, who turned out to be a satyr. And that wasn't at all weird, because he was apparently a demigod. I mean been there, done that... right? He was then handed a bow to protect himself against "monsters" and his mother told him in all seriousness, that he needs to leave for a place where people like himself can be safe... the rest of what happened was a wild blur of running.
And then his "satyr" guide finally lead him into this camp, instructed him to sit on a chair until someone can come to take care of him. His life successfully turned 180% in an instant. Instead of Prague, he was sitting in some weird greek camp, not knowing what was happening and not believing most of what he was told....
Fauna
Fauna

Been there, done that... [Private] Empty Re: Been there, done that... [Private]

Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:18 pm
Fauna was making her way to the mess hall; wearing one of her favorite outfit combinations of a black and red halter top dress, fishnet stockings and red and black high heels. She found a young boy with light orange hair sitting at a table by himself. He seemed fairly confused as to what was going on and Fauna realized pretty easily that this boy was a new camper.

She came over, heels clicking on the floor before she came and sat by him with a warm motherly smile and feeling that seemed to radiate off her.

"Hello honey; you seem a bit lost, is there anything I can help you with?" She said sweetly, eager to help the new camper out.
Amaru
Amaru

Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:38 pm
"Co je tohle za debilní vtip?! Kurvadrát... " whatever he was saying was hardly polite. He was surely talking to himself when he was approached by some unknown young lady. Well, that went without saying since EVERYONE here was unknown.
He quickly tried to wipe his eyes since a moment ago he wasn't all that far from crying.
"Oh... hello, sorry I..." he waved his arms helplessly.
"I just arrived and the... satyr said to wait here, that someone will come and... make this all make sense I suppose." from this tone it was quite obvious that he didn't believe ANYTHING here could ever make sense again.
Fauna
Fauna

Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:45 pm
Fauna hear some saying something in a language she didn't understand before he looked up at her, beginning to say hello, before going to saying that a satyr had told him to stay there and wait for someone to come. The clear distress on his face hurt her on the inside. She sat closer to him and gave him a big hug, pressing his face into her chest.

"Oh sweetheart; don't worry, I'm here to help you, ok?" She said softly, holding him close to help comfort the young boy who, like many before him, have had their lives turned inside out by the sign appearing.

"My name is Fauna Reacher, what's your name, sweetheart?" She said in her soft motherly tone, stroking his hair gently.
Amaru
Amaru

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:37 pm
At that moment Tim really needed someone. Everything that happened just happened too fast, was too incredible and had no context whatsoever. A little help was all he needed right now. That and perhaps a cup of steaming hot chocolate.
"I... I am Timothy Ravenswood." he introduced himself after a moment of silence.
"I...it's nice to meet you." was the only other thing he was able to say. He was still a bit overwhelmed at the moment. After all, right now he should be outside with his friends. Or perhaps playing some games... being in a magical greek god camp was fairly low on the list of places he expected to find himself...
Fauna
Fauna

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:41 pm
"That's a nice name, Timothy. I know it's scary the first time, coming into all this, but understand; your safe here with people that will keep you safe" She said softly, running her long, well-manicured fingers through the young boy's hair.

"Is there anything I can get you to help you relax, sweetheart?" She asked him while still cuddling him against her.
Amaru
Amaru

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:02 pm
"Until three days ago I didn't even know I wasn't safe in the first place..." he said with bitter desperation in his voice.
"I just crossed half of the western hemisphere, learned that my dad was a god... making me a demigod, I had to leave my mother on a moment notice and was forced by a satyr to run through... I literally have no idea what city is this." he probably would remember if he spent a moment thinking but spending time thinking about it might make it even worse.
"Oh... and did I mention that apparently, gods are real?! And satyrs... and somehow I bet this is just the start." he was very frustrated.
"Sorry..." he said after another moment of silence. This person was trying to help him, it wasn't wise nor nice to yell like this.
Fauna
Fauna

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:08 pm
"no, it's ok, sweetheart; trust me, a lot of the new campers here felt the same way; so much happening at once, it's quite a lot to take in. You can vent to me as much as you like, honey and if you want, you can come with me to my cabin; I can make you something sweet to help cheer you up. I don't want to overload you with things, especially when your like this. So would you like that, sweetie?"
Amaru
Amaru

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:14 pm
Tim had to chuckle for a moment.
"Does this happen a lot? New "campers" breaking down?" he asked, trying to find some small amount of satisfaction that he wasn't the only one. Misery loved company.
"I won't lie... I really could use something sweet... the crazy satyr forced me to run like there was an army chasing us. Then again if I should be attacked by another chicken lady I think the running was preferable..." he said. Normally he would probably be too shy, but there was nothing normal about this. Usually, he might even notice, that he was still carrying the bow he got from the satyr. Or was it his mother? It was being a bit blurry...
Fauna
Fauna

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:22 pm
She nods softly.

"Indeed, it's quite a common thing for this to happen. Trust me, what your feeling now, everyone else here as felt as well and is completely normal, sweetheart" She said, stroking his head gently. She eventually stops pressing his face into her chest and releases him from her hug and stands, offering her hand to him.

"Then come with me, sweetheart; I have cake and drink in the cabin, plus I'll make you anything you want. And if you want to ask me anything, don't be afraid to ask me"
Amaru
Amaru

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:31 pm
For a strange reason, he felt much better knowing, that most people are as lost as he was. It didn't help that much but it was something. And right now he really could use all the help he could get. The fact he was once again free was also a good thing.
"But... should I stay here? The satyr said I should... " the young redhead was so out of his element that listening to a satyr sounded like a good idea.
Her offer to answer question forced him to smirk a little.
"Do you have like 9 hours?" he asked sarcastically. It was probably nice to make fun of her offer to help him, but it helped him to deal with the situation...
Fauna
Fauna

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:36 pm
"You'll be fine, honey; I promise" She said softly. His question didn't even break the sweet motherly smile on her face.

"oh sweetheart; I have as much as you need from me" She said, giving a innocent answer to his jokey question.
Amaru
Amaru

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:55 pm
Tim shrugged and followed the young lady.
"Well, the satyr said, that this... camp is a place for people like me, right? So does that mean that all the people here are demigods? And... what does that even mean? I... well yesterday the Greek gods were just very interesting and slightly disturbing tales and now one of them is my dad. Dad who I thought was just some... " for a moment he fell silent, since saying "jerk" about a god might be quite unwise.
"... guy who left my mum long before I was even born, and now he is a god. A god who can't use his godly powers to stop by every now and then." he thought if this sentiment was also shared by the other people who came here.
Fauna
Fauna

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:13 pm
She holds his hand as they walk out the mess hall like a mother with her child.

"Yes, most of us here are demi gods, even me, although we don't really use that term here. We call ourselves half-bloods since that sounds way less poncy. Although one of the gods is here as the camp director, Chiron is the activities director and of course, we have the satyrs and nature spirits here too. As for the whole not seeing your godly parent thing; its very common. There are very rare exceptions, but that's few and far between. The gods are complex and by many rules and regulations, they ain't allowed to interfere with the mortal plane too much, which greatly limits their ability to see their kids, even if they wanted to" She explains simply to him.
Amaru
Amaru

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:31 pm
"Oh..." was his only reaction to learn the proper terminology. This camp was quite the colorful place with satyrs, nature spirits and half-bloods of all sizes.
"So... the gods have godly things to do and we are what? An afterthought?" a small part of him hoped that he might see his dad now when he knew he actually was there. No cigar...
"So... what else should I know if I am ... well, suppose to stay here?" the thought still didn't sit quite right. He didn't even like the outdoors that much. Yeah, he was camping few times with mum, but he much preferred sitting in his gaming chair.
Fauna
Fauna

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:46 pm
She listened and eventually arrived at the cabin; which was actually pretty large and more like a large house, even though most still refer to it as a cabin. She let him into the spacious area.

"It's...complicated, honey, but they do things just like people do and they are far from perfect, but like anyone else, there are good sides. Some gods, especially love gods, tend to have kids for the love of it, not necessarily because of wanting the kids themselves, they just love the...process. While others do it because they genuinely love the person they are with and want a child with them. Although I don't know who your dad is since I don't know if your satyr friend told you or not, so I can't really give reasons. I know there are chances to see your godly parent at some point, but again, their ability to do so is few and far between" She explained as she went into a well furnished and probably surprisingly modern kitchen.

"And for the most part, yes; in here, we don't have to worry about harpies or Minotaurs trying to kill us and the like. Plus it's not like we're making you sleep in a tent; the cabins have proper bedrooms and stuff and if you have friends outside the camp, your more then welcome to see them. Although I'm sure the director would prefer that you could defend yourself before going out since rather not see you hurt, sweetheart and there have been some new campers that have come in, only to run out again and see on the news they have been killed by "unknown means". Trust me, It's really not as bad as you think it is. Besides, like me, each cabin has a cabin counselor; someone that you can go to in your cabin who you can talk to and get help from" She explained as she started going through the fridge-freezer.

"Is there any sort of desert you like, sweetheart?"
Amaru
Amaru

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:51 am
So his parent was a god, but since gods were very busy it actually didn't mean much in the long run. Oh well. Not that anything really changed. Until today he barely even thought about his dad anymore and while he will think about him a lot more now it changed nothing.
"Yeah... well as I said I moved from Europe just to be here so I don't see visiting my friends anytime soon." he sighed.
When he was offered sweets he just shrugged. He didn't want to bother her that much, everything was fine, really.
"The satyr said I should learn who my dad is before my 13th birthday which should be... in two days? What day is it even now? Not sure... the last few days are a blur..." he explained while looking around the house. It was looking quite interesting.
"Do we at least some good things from being half-bloods?" he asked with a slight hope in his voice.
Fauna
Fauna

Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:19 am
She nodded.

"I see honey; if it makes you feel any better; I also moved out here from my home in England and I've been here ever since, so I've not really been able to see many british people here; only met like one or two at max, so kinda makes me stand out when your one of the only british gals here" She explained to him, deciding to bring him a piece of victoria sponge cake with a small spoon and set it down for him.

"Feel free to have it; I've got plenty more. It's up to you though" She said as she sat down in front of him, crossing one leg over her thigh.

"I believe it's Wednesday, honey and yes, there are advantages to being a half-blood; some common things among half-bloods is that we have enhanced senses and instincts, are slightly stronger and durable then regular people and we get powers as well that depend on our godly parent. For example, Athena's children have high intelligence and have abilities based on thought. Apollo's children tend to have great skills with the bow, can heal wounds, pretty decent singing voices. I hear there's also a chance, very rare mind you, but I did here of one of them being able to perceive a few seconds into the future. Plus they look pretty cute and handsome too" She said, smiling warmly.

"Plus depending on your godly parent, you'll be moved to one of the main cabins, for minor gods and goddesses of different elements and such, there are cabins dedicated to them, then this one when we don't fit into any of the other cabins since our godly parents ain't as famous as the main gods, don't fit into the minor gods section as they are pretty strong, but ain't part of the more famous gods, or its gods and goddesses so specific that they end up here in cabin twenty-eight. You said your birthday was in two days time, that's nice; if you want, I could make you a birthday cake if you want" She explained the system of how the cabins worked, although getting excited and wanted to help cheer Tommy up, seeing if the sound of something normal like birthday cake would help lift his spirits.
Amaru
Amaru

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:10 pm
"My mother is from England... and I guess me too? My mother never really talked about it... but my name isn't really Czech so..." he made a confused gesture without finishing the sentence.
Once he looked at the cake he gave a quick thank you before eating a slice. He never saw a cake like that, but it was sweet and he needed that right now.
"Well until you said "cute and handsome" I was thinking it might be Apollo. I am pretty good with a bow." he said, still having the bow he got from the satyr with him.
"You know, I really feel much better. Talking about it helps... and all the information makes it almost make sense. Thank you. But I am sure you have lots of things to do than to make a birthday cake for a random boy you've just met. I think I will be fine... or... hope."
Fauna
Fauna

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:31 pm
"That's fair enough, sweetheart and if you are, that makes sense if your good with a bow and your pretty cute too" She smiled warmly as she watched him take a bite of the cake.

"Your welcome, sweetheart; it's my pleasure to help out the newer campers we get in here. Oh, it's fine, really; I enjoy baking and cooking. Besides, we have two days before your birthday, so that's plenty of time to cook between here and now. I promise you, I'm really good at baking. What sort of desert do you love the most? if you tell me, I'll make it for you" She said warmly with a smile on her face; being honest with him and eager to bake for him and it didn't seem like she was going to give him any other option besides what sort of pudding he would like for his birthday.
Amaru
Amaru

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:04 pm
"...uhm, thanks? I guess..." he smiled awkwardly. He wasn't quite sure of how to react to that statement.
"I believe you... but would you mind showing me around? Please? I... think I am fine enough to see it." he asked. He really didn't want to speak about his birthday.
His brain finally started switching from panic mode to problem-solving. And right now he realized that he is sitting here in sweaty travel clothes and that frantic run didn't exactly make them any favor either. And his bag was... well he had no idea. Probably with mum? He had to forget it once he got the bow? Or perhaps he dropped it...
Fauna
Fauna

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:14 pm
"If that's what you want, then I'll gladly show you around" She said softly and stood up, offering her hand to him.

"Then follow me and I'll show you all the places around the camp"
Amaru
Amaru

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:14 pm
"Yeah... I... I think I will try to face this head on. Isn't that something a son of a god should do?" he asked. In fact. he had absolutely no idea but he felt like he should try to face reality. Though today's reality was yesterday's fiction. He was almost afraid of what he will learn tomorrow.
"Are all people this friendly and helpful? Or did I just meet the nicest person in the camp?" he asked quite directly. If they were all kids of the gods they were probably all family? Kind off... was that the reason?
Fauna
Fauna

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:36 pm
"Besides training to fight monsters, we do our best to relax and so on. We can on missions and if we have family or friends on the outside, we can go out and visit, although its recommended to not stay out too long since monsters will eventually come" She explained to Tommy as she lead him out the cabin.

"Well, most of us are fine; although there are some here that...are not as friendly. My recommendation: stay away from Ares, they tend to be pretty aggressive and tend to pick a fight if you look at them wrong. I just tend to be really friendly and tend to look after the new campers. Part of my mother's domains is fertile nature and motherhood, so I tend to take after her in those cases" She said, smiling warmly as she started leading Tommy around, going from the big house and around.
Amaru
Amaru

Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:15 pm
"I am not sure how keen I am on fighting monsters." he didn't even get into fights at school. The idea of fighting a minotaur or something wasn't at all appealing.
"Oh... don't bother kids of the god of war. That sounds like good advice, thanks. I'll work on that. " it was probably prudent advice. Having a god of war as your daddy probably led to some anger issues.
"So... this big house... is that like... some HQ or something?" he asked
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum