Go down
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Thoughts, Prayers, Sweeps and Stares - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts, Prayers, Sweeps and Stares

Fri May 03, 2019 2:08 am
Thoughts, Prayers, Sweeps and Stares - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_pnx0uqW7rQ1t9ndkh_1280Thoughts, Prayers, Sweeps and Stares - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_pnx0u0evCG1t9ndkh_1280

Skye pauses, looking at Dean. She wasn't even aware this was an argument until after she had won. After all, this is something that probably needs to be brought up to the praetors anyways. She's reached the end of the line of bunks, and crosses her arms.

"I mean, we should probably just bring this up to her anyways. I can text her if you want." Skye pulls out her phone. Its kind of funny, Lily was saved in her phone with the smileyface with sunglasses, a hedgehog, and a salt shaker. All of the emojis had a story behind them. Meanwhile Clayton was just Clayton Serpaticus. Though, to be fair, Lily was her friend before she was praetor.

redline2400
redline2400

Thoughts, Prayers, Sweeps and Stares - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts, Prayers, Sweeps and Stares

Fri May 03, 2019 12:37 pm
“If by ‘this’ you mean the book, go for it. I mean, if you want to prep her on it before we turn it in that’s totally fine. I don’t see why we’d make it a secret.”

The son of Securitas got up and returned to his side of the room, resuming his shakedown of pillows.

“But if you’re talking about getting her approval for the phone,” Dean added, “then, yeah, sure — I was going to do that, but okay.”

Lifting up one of the mattresses, he was able to find a few dime bags of pot and a wad of $50 bills tucked in an exposed spring. He took the contraband, set it aside and wrote down the offender’s bunk number.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sat May 04, 2019 3:16 am
Thoughts, Prayers, Sweeps and Stares - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_pnx0uqW7rQ1t9ndkh_1280Thoughts, Prayers, Sweeps and Stares - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_pnx0u0evCG1t9ndkh_1280

Skye raises an eyebrow, "If you want to text Lily about the phone, don't let me step on your toes. Unless you're just being passive aggressive right now." She's not really waiting for another answer from him, mainly because she's done with the back and forth, so she just sends Lily a quick heads up about what they found. She doesn't expect a reply right away, so she just slides her phone back into her pocket and waits for Dean to be done with his row or to send Lily a text message or something.

redline2400
redline2400

Tue May 07, 2019 7:09 pm
“I mean, it’s up to you,” Dean replied, clearing another bunk. No contraband in this mattress. “I had my shot and decided not to call her, so... yeah.”

It was not that Dean want to start some drama, but between the inflammatory content of the book and his disdain for Skye’s current state of existence, the son of Securitas could not help but be an ass reagarding the one point of conflict the pair currently had. She already “won” the battle of contacting Lily, so anything after the fact was only Dean being sour.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Thu May 09, 2019 1:47 am

Skye glances back at her phone, and it doesn't look like Lily has read her text yet. She isn't surprised though, since Lily was always busy. Right now she's more preoccupied with Dean. She's not sure what she did to deserve this kind of attitude. After all, her experience with Dean was limited. He was only a centurion for a short time before she left, and she's only just returned to duty. Unless he really cared about punctuality, but there was no reason for him to get this short with her over a couple minutes. So, instead of facing the prospect of having to deal with this for the inspection of the rest of the cohort's barracks, she decides to face it head on.

"So, is there a reason you're giving me this kind of attitude, or are you just having a bad day?" She crosses her arms, ready to deal with whatever happens next. After all, if she could survive Caroline Hanson for six years, she could survive this.

redline2400
redline2400

Fri May 10, 2019 10:46 am
Dean was poking at a top bunk when Skye put him on the spot.

He looked over his shoulder at the Centurion who was his senior except for age and years served. The offended scowl on his face, even if obscured, was the only communication he gave for what felt like a solid minute. In his mind raced excuse after excuse, hoping to try and find an answer that would suffice without making the thing more of a thing.

Directly saying “I hate the way you live your life” would be cruel and too confrontational, and hinging too much on her being late would be a weak leg to stand on — it was annoying, but not enough to keep up an attitude. But there was always Ready...

“Well,” he finally said as he faced Skye with an apologetic tone, “I just really think we need to go after Finn with all we have. I mean, you said he was harassing some girls on the way over here — he made you late by being a creep, and now we have his book. He is a predator in the making and we need to stop him. Rights or not, that phone is the key to getting the evidence we need to guarantee that he doesn’t hurt anyone else.”
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 am

Skye waits a moment in the silence that he's created. At first she's not sure if he's going to respond, and she's about to just let it go. She doesn't really need to be poking the bear like this, right? After all, she doesn't need to start an argument in her first month back, besides she was going to save it for Carter anyways.

When Dean turns around and talks about Finn, she's not ready to believe him. Sure, she could be wrong, she is often enough for this to be a bad decision, but she's also sick of the passive aggression. She prefers people's distaste for her to be obvious so she doesn't have to act oblivious out of social norms.

"Yeah, if you really were that serious about it you would've called Lily. So, what's really up?"

redline2400
redline2400

Mon May 13, 2019 1:08 am
“Oh,” Basilone retorted, “I’m serious about Finn being the Roman Dhamer or something. I just think Lily has better things to do than arbitrate a godsdamn debate about what we can and cannot search.”

Maddox was certainly hitting a chord, shelling the hill of half-truths Basilone chose to lie on. But he was not going to just straight up say ”Jupiter Maximus Maddox, can you just f*** off and die with the rest of your damn quest” like the phrase had the same level of consequences when either spoken or thought.

“It just looks pathetic, running to the Praetors for something like that. Hence why I didn’t call.”
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Thu May 23, 2019 1:44 am

Skye shrugs "There's a problem, we need her opinion. Besides, she's probably looking for an excuse to get out of whatever paperwork she's saddled with."

She doesn't mention that she probably wouldn't go to Clayton with this. The only reason that she feels comfortable bothering Lily is because she's known Lily forever, to the point that all professionalism was lost between them.

"Just fucking text her, Basilone."

redline2400
redline2400

Fri May 24, 2019 10:45 am
“Alright.”

Absolved of all shame (then again it was his idea in the first place), Dean whipped his phone back out and began constructing a text for Lily.

Hello,
I am sorry to bother you, but centurion Maddox and I have run into a problem while inspecting the Fifth and would like your opinion on how to proceed. After finding evidence of cameras installed in the bathrooms by one of the legionnaires we have come to an impasse regarding whether or not we are allowed to seize the phone of the suspected offender. This is an issue we are both passionate about since the privacy of legionnaires is important, but we have been unable to decide on what to do with the phone. If you could provide some insight and/or opinions on the issue, it would be beyond appreciated.

Best regards,
Dean Basilone

He hit the send button and slid the phone back into his pocket.

“Well, there’s that. What now?”
Sponsored content