Go down
TheAutumnWriter
TheAutumnWriter

Mindless Thoughts Empty Mindless Thoughts

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:00 pm
August sat on his top bunk in his Cabin, the one that the children of the other gods go to when they don’t quite fit into any of the other cabins. He was fingering the corner of his journal, lost in thought, sure his bed was covered in a layer of rime, but he wasn’t cold, one of the few perks of the damaged bit inside of him. He daydreamed, his thoughts flittering through the blizzard of thoughts that was his mind. It didn’t stick around on any idea or concept, but rather jumping from one tree to the next, much how like a bird might when it was tired of flying but still wanted to make some progress traveling. He chewed on the end of his pencil as the rest of his cabinmates filtered in and out of the cabin, doing whatever they did on a day to day basis.

He was a little scared of leaving the cabin, he didn’t want to accidentally hurt anyone. He didn’t want to lose control of the unstable aspect that he held inside of him, for it could bring harm to another campmate. In any discretion, August brought the pencil down from his mouth to the page, the tip stretched along the creme of the woven pages. Leaving grey lines in its wake. It carved fast curves and straight lines without any thought of guiding them. As August doodled on his bed, he was effectively recording the trails of his thoughts through his time daydreaming. Eventually, the doodle was finished, left with a rough sketchy outline of some kind of ice dragon.

Slowly, the white-haired lad slowly flipped back through the pages in his journal, pages filled with an odd semblance, of writing and doodles. Some were filled with nothing but pictures, but others were filled with writing, the rest were somewhere in between. With a sigh, he closed the book and hid it under his pillow, and he landed on the floor with a soft thud. As August walked into the middle of the Cabin, he thought as to where he might go besides sitting around in his bunk all day, maybe he should try something, at least once.
Fauna
Fauna

Mindless Thoughts Empty Re: Mindless Thoughts

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:33 pm
Sitting at the dinning table of cabin twenty-eight was the cabin counselor, Fauna Reacher. The young adult woman was wearing a fine blue dress, fishnet stockings and shiny blue high heels. She saw the pale boy come in and seemed distant as if wondering what to do. She came over to him, her heels clicking on the wooden floor as she made her way to him, the motherly aura that radiated off her was there and with great maternal instincts, she wanted to help the boy in anyway she could. She knelt down in front of him, her red eyes looking at him and her long curly black hair reaching down like a black river.

"are you ok, sweetheart? you look paler then normal today"

TheAutumnWriter
TheAutumnWriter

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 pm
August's thoughts were snapped back to the present as a young woman approached him, his attention as brought back enough to her that he caught the last bit of her question, "paler than normal today", the 13-year-old looked back at her and gave her a smile, "Oh I'm fine, this is my normal skin tone now." August spoke absent-mindedly rubbing one of his forearms. Suddenly the kid stuck forward a cold hand, extending it for a shake, "I don't think we officially met, I'm August." He said brightly

As his light blue eyes met her reds ones he realized how much their appearances contrasted each other. She was a tall woman with black hair and red eyes, and here August was, a short boy with pale blue eyes and stark white hair. Funny how that turned out huh? Anyway, August went on, letting his hand fall to side regardless if this woman before him shook it or not. "I was just wondering what I can do here... I'm still kinda new to this whole Camp Halfblood thing."
Fauna
Fauna

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:38 pm
"ah, I see; sorry, just thought you looked quite pale like you were sick or something, but I'm glad to hear that's not the case, sweetheart" She said softly. He introduced himself as August, offering his hand to her. She gently shook his hand, feeling quite cold to the touch. Not unpleasant so, but much colder then she expected.

"It's nice to meet you, August; it's a nice name. I'm Fauna Reacher, I'm the cabin counselor here, so I tend to take care of everyone in the cabin and if you have anything you need to talk about or get off your chest, I'm the one you come too" She said with a warm motherly smile on her face. She let his hand go as he asked what there was to do around the camp as he was still settling into things.

"Well, becides the usual stuff like physical training, battle school and that sort of thing, there's art and crafts, there's strawberry collecting plus certain cabins have their own activities they can do. Aphrodite's cabin has a built-in spa. They anyone can go use it, but I'll be honest, it's more so they can look hot with all the steam around them and to show off their bodies. Anything else, we more or less can decide what we do. Of course, there's capture the flag on a friday and we can always go out of the camp and go to town for stuff too. It more depends on what you feel up to doing really"
TheAutumnWriter
TheAutumnWriter

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:54 pm
August smiled at that comment that it was good that he was well, he listened as she introduced herself, making sure to take mental note of what she said, as it would be wise to make sure he at least knew who his cabinmates were, and cabin counselor, in this case at least. He nodded, "If I need to I will come to talk with you." he spoke aloud agreeing to her suggestion.

"That makes sense... Do you think you could show me around or give me some suggestions? I'm not very good at doing my own thing." He gave a small nervous laugh at that. At least he was being truthful.
Fauna
Fauna

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:36 pm
She smiled sweetly.

"of course, sweetheart" She said. He then asked her if she could show him around or suggest something he could do. She thought for a moment before coming up for a idea.

"Why don't you help me make desert? I don't mean to point out, but your hands are quite cold and when your making a pudding, its actually really good to have cold hand when your working on them. What do you think, wanna help me make and bake some deserts?" She said with a warm smile.
TheAutumnWriter
TheAutumnWriter

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:15 am
"Desert? I mean isn't it like, midafternoon?" The cold boy asked, hand on his chin as he thought for a moment, only to shrug, "I mean sure, why not? It's not like I have that much to do at the moment. Besides, pudding is always good" August stated, as he turned around and was about to march out of the cabin, only to stop and turn right back to Fauna "So, uh, I suppose you know where we might be cooking these sweet things." August said, giving a slightly embarrassed chuckle.
Fauna
Fauna

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:08 pm
She giggled softly.

"of course, honey; right here in the cabin kitchen" She smiled as she lead him into a well designed and quite modern kitchen with everything you could ever need in a kitchen and more.

"I tend to be here a lot, baking and cooking, so it's had to be upgraded over time. So honey, what's your favorite pudding? since then we'll make it and we can try it together" She said with a sweet, motherly smile on her face.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum