Aphelion

Siretasia Empty Siretasia

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:05 pm
Siretasia Fcs4nq8

Name: Siretasia
Sexuality: Asexual
Species: Sphinx

Personality:
Siretasia has a passion for knowledge and clever riddles, like most Sphinx do, but hers tends to lie in the art of war and technology. She always has something to say about someone, usually insightful or, in some cases, sarcastic. She's usually cheerful and welcoming, but, when angered, she can boast an unwelcoming wrath. She has an excellent memory, and knows better than to believe that people, especially humans, will change - so she tends to hold grudges.

Flaws:
When presented with something she doesn't know, such as a riddle or hidden knowledge, Siretasia becomes obsessively fixated upon it. She cannot let it go, and will find a way to discover the truth - even if she gets hurt, or hurts others, in the process. When Siretasia holds a grudge, it lasts a very, very long time, so if you anger her expect to never receive a friendly word, or any help, again in the foreseeable future.

Eye color:
Deep emerald green.

Hair description:
Siretasia's mane of hair flows back away from her face and continues along her spine, finally ending down the mid-section of her tail.

Skin tone:
A light golden hue, only marginally lighter than the rich gold of her coat of fur and feathers.

Body structure:
Siretasia is large for a Sphinx and, when fully standing, Siretasia's head reaches 9'0'' (274cm) in height. Her back, meanwhile, ends at around 7'8'' (237cm). She isn't overly bulky in her build, but nor is she thin. She has a respectable weight to her, with healthy musculature, and weighs in at 2200lbs (997kg) (tigers can reach up to 800lbs (362kg), so this seems reasonable considering her height).

Other details?:

• She loves tea and reading.
  • She has a fascination for technology, even if her presence disrupts such things.
  • She loves to challenge people to games of Chess, or, if she's feeling particularly vindictive, Go or Risk.
  • Cats are naturally attracted to her.

Place of Birth (city, state, country):
Some hundreds of years ago, Siretasia came into being in the Taiga Uplands of Canada after being reformed in Tartarus.

Abilities (doesn't use energy to do):
Strength - Her strength is admirable, and she can lift up to 2,800lbs (1270kg) (such as a small car) and throw it about twenty feet.
Flight - Siretasia can fly, though not very fast (25mph/40kph), and can sustain it for hours at a time. It's her preferred method of travel.

Powers (uses energy to do):
Zone of Truth - Siretasia conjures a spherical zone around her that expands up to 60' (18m) in circumference. While in the Zone, all creatures are urged to speak the truth when asked questions. It can be resisted. 1/day.

Quickness - Siretasia's physical aspects of being a Sphinx allow her to move quite fast (70mph/112kph), although she can only do so for a minute before needing a rest. 2/day.

Roar of the Sphinx - Siretasia lets out a roar that carries outwards to half a mile, and each creature affected by it is momentarily stunned (5 seconds). It can be resisted. 3/day.

Spellcraft - Siretasia can summon the powers from within a tome of magick she keeps with her at all times. She can only do this 2/day, and each spell cast counts towards that cost. The tome, if stolen, will return to her side after 24 hours as it is bound to her via magick. While stolen, she is incapable of using the magick from within.

• Flame Strike - A lance of pure flame that she hurls at her target. It travels quite quickly (90mph/144kph), but it can be dodged if one is aware it exists. When it impacts, it shatters into smaller projectiles that set the area ablaze in a 10' radius (3m).
  • Flame of Healing - She conjures warm, welcoming flame into her hands. She can heal the wounds of herself, or others. It cannot mend broken bones, but it can correct internal injures and flesh wounds.
  • Flame Claw - She enchants her claws to be wreathed in magical flame, allowing her physical attacks to burn her foes. When a target is hit with this, the wound goes up in flame, then cauterizes.

Pets (if any):
Dozens of cats who laze around her library/cafe shop, and which the shop is named after. There are too many to name.

History (three sentences or more):
After coming into being, Siretasia was a young Sphinx all alone in the middle of the Taiga Uplands of Canada. She observed humanity from afar, eventually tracking down those who could see through the Mist: children of the gods. She followed them, observing their ways. She saw that some monsters, such as herself, were welcomed into their midst. Though her instincts told her, due to her past life, that she should be deathly afraid of mingling with the demigods. They had a habit of slaying her kind, but perhaps it could be different this time...?

After watching them carefully, she decided to approach the camp and introduced herself. Though the camp-goers were apprehensive about welcoming her, they did so all the same. She set up a multi-level library/cafe combination, with an emphasis on books relating to magic, war, and the occult. Her shop, which is named "The Cat's Meow", is set in New Rome.

Camp of residence: Camp Jupiter

Notes:
Mason
Mason
Administrator
https://demigodworld.forumotion.com

Siretasia Empty Re: Siretasia

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:09 pm
I'm not sure if I'm just looking in the wrong place, but it seems to me sphinxes were mainly associated with Greek/Egyptian mythology, not Roman.

Sorry for the wait, Sienna and I had to discuss this over.
Aphelion
Aphelion

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:44 pm
Oh sorry, I was under the impression that the creature only had to come from one of those mythos, and it could go between the Camps (like half-bloods visiting Jupiter, and Romans visiting Camp Half-blood... sorry if I was mistaken?)

I can easily move her if that is the biggest issue, I just figured having at creature, even one out of place, would help bolster the roster for Camp Jupiter/New Rome (because it seemed like that side of the forums was lacking in members from the Week In Review? Not sure if it is now).
Mason
Mason
Administrator
https://demigodworld.forumotion.com

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:41 am
I think it'd be okay, it just usually isn't associated with Romans. Approved.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum