Go down
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

look at how he's smiling Empty look at how he's smiling

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:59 am
look at how he's smiling Tumblr_p04rhzr2Yc1us7ad3o3_540

September 14th, 2019

Oliver was thankful when Delilah said that it was a good time for them to leave. He was really thankful that after the whole dying-and-going-on-a-vision-quest-with-his-dad-and-coming-back-to-life thing that he had gotten to enjoy his birthday party. All of the best songs had played, and he had gotten to just dance with his girl. All in all, tonight was a win.

Oliver took Delilah's hand and made his way around the party saying his thanks and goodbyes. Him and Lachlan had already worked it out with the venue that they were going to come back and collect the gifts with his Jeep the next day. So after they had Delilah's bag from the green room, they were out the door. As they left, Oliver clocked an empty Jack bottle on top of the trash can and guessed that it was probably the one Lachlan had left the party with.

As they started the walk home, Oliver put his arm around Delilah's shoulders. He kissed the top of her head and started back towards Delilah's house. They had been spending most of their time there, but he wasn't really sure if he'd be spending the night there. He did know that he needed to walk Delilah back there before he ended up wherever he did. Oliver was doing the whistle from Sucker as they walked, and then asked,

"Thank you for tonight. It was almost as amazing as you."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

look at how he's smiling Empty Re: look at how he's smiling

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:22 pm
look at how he's smiling Tumblr_pkkjwvy4ik1qjlvr2o5_500

Her hand was in his as they made their rounds to say good bye to anyone who was still at the party. It was sad to be leaving everyone at the party and for the night to be coming to an end, but Delilah was beyond ready to just climb into bed and cuddle with Oliver and just talk. They often had nights like those where they'd just lay and talk and it was one of the legacy's favourite moments to take part in.

They went back up to the green room to grab her bag, she'd have to throw her work uniform that was in her bag in the laundry and change into something else when they got back. Delilah was done being in this dress. As comfortable as it had been and as much fun as it had been to be in it and twirl around, but she missed just being in her 'around the house' clothes.

They began their walk out of the place where they'd start to make it back to Augustus Avenue. His arm was around her shoulders as he mentioned how the party was almost as amazing as she was, which had made her blush a little bit. "Well I feel like maybe if you didn't die it'd have been even better." Delilah mentioned and she wasn't sure if it were too soon to make a comment like that, but she wasn't going to try and back pedal now.

The two of them continued to walk home, and she would eventually join him in whistling along to the tune of Sucker. It had been one of Delilah's favourite songs recently and you could almost always find her absentmindedly singing it while she was trying to focus on something. "I'm just glad you liked it, I was really hoping we'd get the details right and even though it's not technically your birthday anymore, Happy birthday Oliver." She said as she reached up to kiss his cheek.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Oliver laughed a short laugh when Delilah mentioned that it may have been a better night if he hadn't died. He could get behind that. For the most part, hanging out with his dad hadn't been a game of catch, but he was trying to look on the bright side. For starters, how many people in New Rome could say that they had met their godly parent? Not only had he met Letus, who honestly didn't seem like the worst seed in the gods' garden, but he had managed to make a deal with him. That could be seen as a victory, right?

"But we did have a good time despite the fact that I died." Oliver felt Delilah's lips on his cheek. He turned his head and met her lips quickly and then he pulled back, smiling down at his lovely girlfriend.

"You know, when I was talking to my dad, I could hear you guys. Something about how it takes a few minutes to fully disconnect. When I heard your voice, I knew there was no way I was staying down there without you. You're the one who gave me the strength to convince my dad to let me come back and give it my own shot." That was kind of an editorialized version of the story, but it got the point across. Delilah was the reason that he made the deal with his dad. As he thought about it, he felt the ring weigh on his right hand. Would he ever get used to that?
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:49 pm
]

As Delilah went in to kiss him on the cheek, just as her lips brushed against his cheek he had turned his head quickly so it ended up being a peck instead. A small giggle had escaped from her lips after they pulled away. The legacy of Cupid enjoyed being goofy and cute with her boyfriend. It was these small moments that she loved to look back on, the ones that made you feel warm and fuzzy inside, the ones that reminded you that you in fact were a small fraction human along as having god's blood in you.

Delilah loved having moments that made her feel like a normal teenager and this was one of them. Well, besides their talks of Oliver dying and going to the underworld to talk with his dead father, that wasn't quite mortal status, but hey, it was something and for the rest of their lives they would always have to balance these sides of themselves.

"you came back because of me? Oliver. I don't want to be the reason you stay here... I also didn't want you to leave. I'm more than happy you tried to convince your father to let you go back, but I just hope you aren't here just because of me." Delilah appreciated the sentiment, but she also couldn't help but worry about things.

"How did you even manage to bargain with a god anyways?" The brunette questioned her boyfriend.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:12 am

Oliver laughed and shook his head. He slipped his hand off of Delilah's shoulders and laced his fingers in with Delilah's and squeezed lightly. He waved their arms back and forth as they walked. Most of the alcohol had worn off, but he was still in that post-drunk state where it was still easy to feel fun and carefree.

"I didn't come back because of you. I had the strength to try because of you. Sure, you were part of why I wanted to come back, but there was so much more. Lachlan, Skye, Emily, Bry, the guys, my mom, Mardi Gras, comic books, Dodgers games, musical theater, and so much more. There was just so much life to live here." Oliver said with a wide white smile. When Delilah asked about how he came back, his face fell a little bit before he recovered it. He knew that it was for the best to tell the rosiest version of the story. His dad wasn't going to be happy if he went screaming the truth of his softness off the rooftops. It was safer for both of them to tweak the story a bit.

"He thought that he was doing what was best for me, and I convinced him that it was better for me to be here. Maybe it's better for him, or maybe it's something to do with the ambivalence of death, I don't know. Weirdly enough, he seemed like a decently cool guy." Oliver shrugged.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:07 am

When he went into explaining everything that he wanted to come back for and seeing the big white smile in front of her was enough to comfort her worrisome mind and stow it away for the time being. It was easy for her to get into her head about things and create these thoughts in her head, it was the fun life that was anxiety every now and then. It was something that Delilah worked on with her therapy sessions with Dr. Burke, but Lilah still didn't really care for her, but she was willing to help and she had to remind herself to be open for it.

As their arms swung back and forth while walking down the quiet streets of New Rome she listened to his little tale about meeting his father, which only sparked interest in what it'd be like to meet her own mother. All she knew was that her father was willing to kill for her, he would actually do anything to protect her, but that scared her more. How come he couldn't deal with things in a much better light? Delilah didn't understand him and sometimes she wondered what her mother was like to know if maybe the rest of her would make sense. Was her god parent more like her? The brown eyed girl had no idea and it really made her wonder about it.

"I'm just glad you had the strength to come back." Delilah said squeezing his hand back. She meant what she had said because honestly Delilah wasn't sure what she would have done without him or if she'd have the strength to carry on if he died for good. "I don't know if I could have left you there if you didn't come back." She left her comments about the more bleak part of the night at that. Delilah didn't want to get too heavily into the topic unless the conversation were to continue after her own words.

The pair were probably around six minutes from Augustus Avenue, a place Delilah was really looking forward to. "Did you want to spend the night?" She asked and honestly she was really hoping that Oliver would say yes.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:35 am

Oliver was a little bit worried about what Delilah thought about him now. At least to her, him being a death kid had always been kind of an abstract thing. Now, after tonight and his Hal Jordan Breakdown, she had seen what that really meant. She had seen that it wasn't just something to talk about at parties. It had actual, real, detrimental consequences. On the other hand, maybe it was just the bad boy effect and when she realized he was a giant creme puff and nothing like a Hot Topic death kid, she'd run the other way. You could say Oliver lived in a constant state of paranoia.

"I'm so glad that we don't have to worry about that anymore. Y'know, except for when Lachlan calls my mom in the morning and she comes running and kills me herself for not calling her immediately or something." Oliver said with a small laugh. "On the brightside, we get to see my mom again." Oliver shrugged with the laugh continuing.

Oliver was really thankful when Delilah asked if he wanted to stay at hers. Even though he was taking it pretty well, he didn't particularly want to spend the night after he died and was resurrected to be spent alone. He was doing everything that he could to keep his mind right there when he said,

"I was hoping you'd ask. I'd love to."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:16 pm

"I'm sure your mom will just get mad at first, but then be so thankful you;re still alive. Despite the circumstances I look forward to seeing your mom again." Delilah said trying to point out the light of it all. Jasmine couldn't make it out for the birthday party, but hey at least something had happened big enough for his mom to come out and see him so that was one bright side of it all.

As they walked her thumb instinctively began to softly rub against his hand. The amount of emotions inside of Delilah were astronomical, because meanwhile she was happy and giddy from the wearing off of the alcohol and just having a fantastic time with Oliver on his birthday, she also had this fear settled in her that Oliver might die again and what if this was only temporary? What if Oliver could be pulled from her again and there was nothing any of them could do to help him? These thoughts that circled her mind were the very reason why she didn't want to sleep alone. Sleeping alone in that house was already bad enough, but after tonight she felt like she'd have too many demons haunting her. Oliver was one of the only people where Delilah felt safe from the taunts and haunts of the demons that resided in that house. Despite her father being gone it felt like his darkness was left behind.

The daughter of Epione turned to look at Oliver as the made their way onto Augustus avenue. His blue eyes glistened in the moonlight in a way that she hadn't seen before, which reminded her that no matter how long she studied his eyes, she could never capture enough data to remember them for an eternity.

"Is there anything you need to grab before we head over to my house?" She asked him after he agreed to stay over, sleeping in a suit wouldn't be the most ideal thing and she didn't really have much to offer him in terms of comfier clothes, but worst came to worst Oliver could just sleep in his boxers and Delilah wouldn't mind.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:12 pm

"Yeah, it'll be nice. Maybe this time things will be good enough where we can all go to meet her." Oliver said with a callback to the fight that had almost blown all of them up. Maybe not him and Delilah, but who knows if they would have been able to find their way to this spot without having Lachlan in their corner. It would have always been hard to be together if Oliver was stuck between both of them. The son of Letus thanked the gods daily that things turned out better than expected.

Oliver shrugged his shoulders. He had worn an undershirt under the white dress shirt that he had worn so it would probably be fine. His only real option was to grab something from Lachlan's, but he didn't want to interrupt whatever was happening between him and Skye, even if they were just asleep. They deserved their alone time just like him and Delilah did.

"I'll be fine, thank you." Oliver said with a small smile. They walked up to the house. It was still crazy to him that Delilah lived in this house alone. She had Juliana to stop by every once and a while, but for the most part she was alone. He knew that Lachlan was the same way, but he didn't live in the big house alone. He had his own smaller place. It felt different.

Oliver opened the door for Delilah and said, "After you, beautiful."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:37 am
]

"I'm sure she'd love that." Delilah said with a big smile on her face. She enjoyed going to breakfast with Jasmine and Oliver, it was what started their bad habit of going to Brunch at Tiffany's all the time. It was just such a cute little place that served breakfast and lunch foods, what more could one person really ask for? It had truly become one of her favourite spots to go, especially when she got to go with Oliver.

As they walked up to the door he had mentioned he'd be fine and she nodded in response. It made sense, it would be a little difficult for the two of them to try and sneak into Lachlan's place or even for Oliver to just sneak in. It wasn't ideal to intrude on someone's private time even if they were just sleeping or doing other things.

"Thank you." Delilah said with a smile as she walked through the door that led into her childhood home. The same home that carried the weight of the world and the demons that would lurk in the shadows. It wasn't all bad. There was a bit of lightness to the house as well, it was just hard to find sometimes. The legacy wasn't sure that she'd stay in this house after she was done serving the legion. It just didn't feel right, it didn't feel like a home anymore. No family lived inside these walls, just a lonely demigod.

Immediately Delilah took her shoes off, she was absolutely done wearing them for the night and didn't want to see another pair of heels for awhile. As the door shut behind them she looked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist looking up at him. "You're my favourite person, did I ever tell you that?"
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:55 am

As they walked inside, Oliver had to wonder if he would ever feel completely comfortable in this house. Even at this point, he hadn't stepped foot in half of the rooms. He had some amazing memories here, like cuddling with Delilah and the drunk night that they had might. He also had some bad memories here, like the day in the study. Then, there was what it meant to Delilah. Her family home had become a ghost town of which she was the only citizen. He had to wonder when they would get out of here.

Oliver kicked his dress shoes off next to Delilah's. He did not envy her heels, but his dress shoes were about a size and a half too small. He undid the tie around his neck and let it fall over his shoulders. He slipped the suit coat off and opened the cupboard under the stairs to hang it up. When he walked back over, he felt Delilah's arms slip around his waist. Oliver placed his arms over her shoulders and crossed them behind her head.

Oliver kissed Delilah lightly after she said that he was her favorite person. In some ways, he doubted that, but he wasn't going to complain. He was thankful for the validation that she gave him. With all the paranoia he had about her liking him, it was nice to know what she was thinking.

"And you are mine." He said, and then kissed her again. This time, he kissed her deeper. One hand moved to the back of her head and slipped into her hair.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:23 am

Standing there in front of Oliver was nice. it made her feel as though the rest of the house didn't exist and it was just the two of them there. No one else exist and it was just a peaceful and quiet moment. The brunette could feel her heart beat a little faster, but it was a good feeling, no nerves tied to her at all. This was the moment that Delilah had been waiting for all night. The times that it would be just her and him, with no other care in the world. A time for them to just focus on each other and be cute.

Despite everything that had been happening with Oliver, she wasn't scared off yet. Delilah just wanted to be there for him in any way that she could be, she wanted to be in his corner and be his biggest support while his actual biggest support wasn't in town. The legacy of Cupid wasn't about to fight Jasmine for that spot, but she'd be open to sharing it and both just mutually being there for him.

Hearing the words reflect back onto her was a nice feeling, this was a nice feeling. This was becoming one of those moments that Delilah didn't want to let go of and that she didn't want to let slip away so soon. Delilah could feel the second kiss become deeper than the last, after a while she pulled away from the kiss ever so slightly as she stayed close to his face. One of her arms moved as she had her hand move up to his cheek before she kissed him again.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:34 am

Oliver could live in this moment for a bit longer. Tomorrow was going to come with its own host of troubles, between his mom and trying to figure out what his deal with Letus really meant. Right now, though, he was 100% in this moment. He could feel every bit of Delilah's lips on his and where his arm met her shoulders, just a thin layer of shirt material between their skin. He could feel each strand of her hair around his hand. For the first time in a long time, there were no nerves or dread, just two souls in a moment.

When Delilah broke their kiss off, Oliver studied every shade of brown in her eyes. He felt as her hand laid onto his face and he felt every spot that it connected. He turned his head a little bit and kissed her hand before she moved back to kiss him again. Oliver turned a little bit so that she was leaning up against the door. Oliver kissed Delilah slowly before pulling back and smiling.

"This is the best birthday present I could have ever asked for." He said quietly, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Maybe we should get out of the entry way." Oliver said, laughing a bit.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:55 am

She could feel his lips brush against her hand which had sent some tingling feelings in her hand where he had made contact with her skin. Delilah watched as his eyes were looking into hers and she just got caught up into the moment that was just them. It was something no one could take away from them in this moment. As their lips were pressed together again, she could feel them shift so she was leaning up against the door.

As his lips withdrew from his and he began to speak, a smile had slipped onto her face as he tucked some of her hair behind her ear. She gave him a quick peck on the lips before she replied to him, "I try to give the best presents I can." She said in an almost teasing way, but her voice wasn't very loud, she didn't feel the need to be. It was just them, she had no one else to speak to besides him. Delilah really enjoyed just having these moments, but Oliver was right, they probably should move out of the entry way. They had the whole house they could be spending time in, but yet Delilah was fine with where they were.

Regardless she grabbed his hand and laced her fingers with his. "Yeah we can move out of the entry way, only if you want to though." She said with a little bit of a laugh.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:32 am

As they talked about his birthday and presents, Oliver thought about everything that Delilah had given him. She gave him a chance that first night, trusting him to be a good person worthy of her time. She gave him her honesty and kindness in therapy. She gave him shared control of Skye's party. She gave him that day in San Francisco. She gave him the honor of being his date, and the confidence to say how he really felt about her. She gave him her strength when he broke down, and her lucky coin.

Oliver felt himself be pulled back into the Underworld, holding that coin. He hadn't really realized how imperative that had been to his deal with Letus. He really hoped that she wouldn't be mad that he had spent it, but he kind of guessed that his life might be worth the value of the coin. He considered telling her right there about it, but he chose to wait until the morning. He didn't want to let anyone else into this moment. Not Letus, or Fortuna, or Grandma Helena. Tonight was their's. Tomorrow could wait.

Oliver closed his fingers with Delilah's. "I'll be happy anywhere with you. But, if anywhere is an option, I can think of more comfortable places than right here." Oliver laughed, following after her, their hands interlocked. He didn't want to break any contact with her tonight. He just wanted to feel there with her.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:48 am

In truth Delilah was much better at planning birthday parties than getting the perfect gift. It wasn't that she didn't know a person that well or anything, it was mostly she just focused so much on the party she left herself very little time for presents, but she did get Oliver a present that he'd get to open sometime in the morning. Right now Delilah wasn't too concerned about his actual present or any of his other presents. She just wanted to be with him and never let this moment slip away and turn into something else.

There was something about the night that Delilah couldn't even really explain. Parts of it felt magical and parts of it just felt right in every way. She kept her gentle hold with his hand as she led them up the stairs and into the hallway that'd lead to her bedroom. To Delilah her room was the best place in the house, it was the only space that felt cozy and home like in this whole building, it made her think about if she ever owned this place that she'd just tear it down and rebuild it into a new home.

The legacy turned to face Oliver as they were right outside of her bedroom door. The brown eyed girl had returned her lips to his for she had missed them in that short amount of time that it took to get up the stairs. As she withdrew her lips from his ever so slightly she couldn't help but look into his hazel eyes. "I'm glad you came back, it would have sucked to miss out on this moment." Delilah said still looking into his eyes right before she gave him another peck and opened the door behind her.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Oliver followed Delilah up the stairs and into the hall with her room. He'd walked this path several times over the past couple weeks but each time it felt special. It felt like he was being allowed into her superhero lair, like Superman's Fortress of Solitude or the Batcave. He was thankful to be the person she trusted with that info.

When they stopped outside her door and Oliver felt Delilah's lips on his again and he didn't want to move. Nothing could hurt them when they stood here together. He put his free hand on the side of her face until she pulled back.

"I pray for infinite moments like this." Part of Oliver knew that that was impractical. Even if everything worked out perfectly with his dad, it didn't mean eternal life for either of them. And, heck, they were only 17 and 18. It was too early to dream of forever. Even so, as he looked at her up close like this, he didn't care about logic.

With a small peck, she opened the door and they were in her room. Oliver would always love how much this room reminded him of Delilah. It was soft and beautiful and made him feel completely comfortable.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:39 pm

As they entered her room it was almost as if they had gone back in time a little bit. Not much had changed since the last time they had a sleep over. Her room had the light oak wooden floors that carried throughout the house. Across from them as they entered the door were the windows that overlooked the cul de sac, but not much of that could be seen with the white curtains closed. To the right of them was the wall that also carried windows, but where her white dresser was with candles and various other little trinkets were. Things like her youtube play button, framed photos of her and her friends. One was of her and her friends Kara and Charlie. Another was her and her friends from the cul de sac when they were about eight years old.

Delilah eventually wanted to get a picture of her and Oliver to put on her desk, but everything was still fairly new with the two of them, but she had a couple of ideas for which pictures she could have put up. There were some of them from their day in San Francisco that she could have used when she first started to have feelings for Oliver and didn't know what to do with them. It was nice to know that over time they had made it to something like this, a moment where it was just the two of them expressing their feelings and emotions without fear or nerves welling up.

On the left side of the room was where her bed was placed with a night stand on either side of it. There was the smallest part of her that wanted to go get changed, but there was an even bigger part of her that wanted to just stay here with Oliver. She too prayed for infinite moments like these. "I just want to spend every moment with you." It was an unrealistic thing to say as the two of them would lead separate parts of their life and the real world would happen, but tonight at least it didn't have to happen.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:25 am

Oliver traced his hand along the door as he walked in and closed it behind him. Even though they were alone in this house, and there was no way that anyone else was going to come home, it just felt right to have it shut. They could have their own little space together. They could shut the world out with a shut of the door.

Oliver sat down on the edge of Delilah's bed and pulled his phone out of his pocket. It was on about 9%, naturally, but that should be enough to get him through what he wanted it for. He flipped through the music on his phone. Once he found the song that started playing, he stood up and he took Delilah's hand. He placed it on his shoulder and then put his hand on her waist.

"I wanted to get them to play this song when we were at the Apollo but it never felt like the right vibe. This song has made me think about you for a bit now." Oliver clicked play on his phone and the song started playing as he placed his hand in Delilah's. It was Runnin' Home to You from The Flash. It felt like it fit their theme of both superheroes and always finding their way back to each other.

The song played softly from his phone on the dresser as Oliver spun Delilah around the room. About halfway through it, he placed her other hand on his shoulder and wrapped his around her waist, so they could dance closer to each other.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:57 am

As they walked into her room and shut the door behind them, it was the perfect visual for her to leave everything behind and let them just be Oliver and Delilah. What Delilah wasn't expecting was for Oliver to go flipping through his phone to find something let alone playing a song. It was in the moment he was looking for something that she almost went to get changed, but she was glad she didn't because it wasn't long until he had come up to her to place her hand on his shoulder as his arm went around her waist.

The song started very slow playing a couple notes before it began to go into it a little more into it and the lyrics started to flow our of the little speakers in Oliver's yellow iphone 5c. It was cracked and knowing Oliver his phone was probably almost dead, but Delilah could let him borrow her charger if need be. Listening to him mentioning that he wanted to dance with her to this at the Apollo but didn't find the right moment made her smile. It was truly one of the most thoughtful things she could have had anyone mention for her.

"How long has it made you think of me?" Delilah said with a grin on her face. There was part genuine curiosity, but there was also just her teasing him a little bit. When her second arm moved up to his shoulder they were dancing closer than they had been before. "I kind of like this better than dancing with everyone else around, I'm glad you didn't play it at the Apollo."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:17 am

As the song rounded into its last chorus, Oliver answered Delilah. "It came on my phone when I was walking back to the Barracks after our day in San Francisco and it really got me in my own head." Oliver said as they danced. "That night I texted Lachlan about wanting to ask you to my party and we started planning." Oliver said as the song entered into its last mini chorus. He looked down at Delilah and sang along.

"Can't say how the days will unfold. Can't change what the future may hold, but, I want you in it. Every hour, every minute." As the song played out, Oliver moved his lips down to Delilah's. He felt like everything had gone perfectly, asking her to his party, spending their time together there, and dancing now. There was that pesky little thing of him totally dying, but right now that didn't matter. All that mattered was them. He leaned into the kiss more, moving his hands up to her face. He felt as they got more into each other, sharing the same space. After a bit, he pulled back and whispered,

"Delilah." It was a mix of a validation that this was real and this was happening. He was here with her and they were both happy and alive. On the other hand, it was a question.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:40 am

Hearing him talk about how long he had been thinking about this had to be one of the cutest things she had heard. It was a nice validation to feel as though the same sort of feelings you were having were the same ones that the other person was having. Their day in San Francisco was one of Delilah's favourite days. It was the small acts of confidence in Party City to the little water fight they had while they were at the beach. All those moments had led up into stringing each moment as a little light. A light that would form this string of Christmas lights that you'd put around the tree.

Each light represented a time when she could feel her heart beat just a little faster, or she could feel the nerves well up inside of her mom. Those feelings had gone on for well over a month, but the time where she really got to express her feelings and say them out loud was when he asked her to his party. It was hard to believe even that was ten days or so ago and now they were here in a moment that would eventually pass them by, but Delilah couldn't think of that right now. "That's probably the sweetest thing ever. I wish I had formulated more of a plan when I realized the feelings that I had for you."

As the song finished and he kissed her, placing both his hands on her face leaning into the kiss, Delilah let herself get lost in it. Taking in every moment of feeling this closeness that she and Oliver had. She's taken out of her head a little when she hears her name and she looks up and into his eyes. "Yeah, Oliver?" She spoke with the softest of tones and in a hushed volume level.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:11 am

Oliver shook his head when Delilah said that she wished she had formulated more of a plan, like he had. "You have done literally nothing wrong." His voice was soft and airy. They didn't need to whisper, but it felt nice to. No matter what, this moment was their's and their's only. Their soft voices were just another sign of the intimacy of the moment.

When Delilah asked a question in response to his, he didn't know what to say. This hadn't even really been in a situation he was in before. Usually he just knew what to do. Now, standing here with Delilah, he felt almost frozen. What was he supposed to do next? What was he supposed to say? Suddenly, he was panicked Oliver again, like he'd been when he liked Delilah but they hadn't talked about it again. His brain started running, and so did his mouth.

"Do you want... I'm sorry... This is awkward and I'm being awkward. I don't know what to say. I know what I want to say, but I don't know how to say it with you standing here in front of me. You're so goddamn beautiful and I am so lucky to be standing here, but I just don't know what's next..." Oliver was in full on Oliver mode, and would need to be stopped, or else he would go on forever.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:41 am

This was one of those small moments Delilah had been talking about. One of the ones that'd go on the string of lights that'd eventually be hung up around a tree to tell a story with the way their colours and light moved. The way they made the shadows moved. In this moment, standing in front of Oliver and the moment the words left her lips almost as if they were hanging off of them not ready to let go just yet, she could feel her heart beat race quicker than it had before. She was slowly becoming a nervous pool of emotions.

Matters almost got worse as he opened his mouth, it felt like it was going to take forever to get over the nerves, but when she slowly began to fit the pieces together on what he was saying and what he was asking, it was almost as if a calmness had washed over her, the the waves would crash up onto the shore to wash away anything that had previously been there leaving the soft untouched sand behind. The legacy of Cupid had a small smile form on her face, it was the little nervous rambles Oliver had that were so special to him that just made her like him even more.

Delilah would be nervous, but in some ways she just felt as though everything was right and she had a big trust in Oliver. In the moment she wasn't sure if the nerves would hit her full force or not. It seemed as though the seas were calm and there was nothing to fear. "Oliver." She spoke softly before she gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Don't be sorry. You're very caring to try and ask." It was in these last few moment where she could feel her heart race pick up again as she let herself out of her mind for once and let her say what she wanted to say, "I want to." Her hands had been resting on his shoulders, slowly they ran down to where the buttons started for his button up shirt. Delilah pulled him in closer for a kiss as she began to undo some of the top buttons.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:55 am

Oliver was in the middle of taking a big breath in his rant when Delilah interrupted him. Just hearing the calmness in her voice managed to calm him down. His breathing slowed down until he took one sharp breath in right as she said the words that he could have only dreamed of before.

"I want to." And suddenly everything was in motion. Oliver tossed his wallet from his pocket onto the end table for quick access. He felt Delilah kiss him and his hands slide down to the buttons on his shirt. Oliver took slow, simple steps forward with Delilah as his hands moved around to the back of her dress and his fingers wrapped around the zipper.

•••

Oliver woke up the next morning in Delilah's bed with her. For a minute, he didn't even open his eyes. He just felt the places where their skin met and he breathed slowly. He even began to take inventory of the things that he felt and the things that he knew. Eventually, he opened his eyes and felt briefly blinded by the sunlight. Oliver flipped his phone up. The clock read 9:46 am. Oliver shifted a little bit, trying not to wake Delilah.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum