Go down
Cliché
Cliché

Devil On My Shoulder said "Try This Instead." Empty Devil On My Shoulder said "Try This Instead."

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:45 am
Devil On My Shoulder said "Try This Instead." Tumblr_pnctfd0cJM1xs5njio3_500
Cadmus Zenon Floros

”Started using again
Left my heart in rocky hill
Hole burning in my head
Needed a distraction from my head
Devil on my shoulder said try this instead
So I started using again

Started sleeping again
Traded late nights and sheep for Vicodin
The guilt burning in my chest set in
I started sleeping again

I stopped wishing I was dead
Learned to love myself before anyone else
Become more than just a burden
I know I'm more than worthy of your time

Started smoking again
Guess I missed coughing my lungs up every morning
Needed anything to keep me breathing
To prevent my blood from bleeding
Started smoking again

Started loving again
Thought when I lost that will to live I could never feel again
I'd give it one more shot and let someone in
I started loving again”

Nickname(s):
Caddy(mostly his mom), Zee, Floros
Pronouns:
He/him
Birthday:
February 28th, 1998
Sexuality:
He's gay.  Very gay.  Hella gay.

Personality:
Cadmus doesn’t take anything from anyone, he doesn’t like pity and he finds it weird when someone refers to him with pet names such as honey, sweetie, etc.  His mom didn’t even use those names with him.  Cadmus is super sassy, he’s not very optimistic.  He takes a lot of risks and is very emotional.  Cadmus comes off to others as caring and happy, but that’s mostly the drugs talking.  It’s very rare for Cadmus to not be under the influence of some type of drug, though he does stay away from certain ones, such as heroin or meth.  After having a lot of loss on his immediate family Cadmus cares a lot about the family he has left.
Flaws:
~Drug abuse -
initially started after his mother died and they moved, now he does it to block out the spirits
~Overly protective -
he’s had a lot of people die in his life that he cared about
~Willing to risk himself in order to help other people -
this is common with people he doesn't even know that well
~Self-doubt -
he doubts that he’s doing enough for the people around him and also tends to hold back
~Withdrawn -
another one derived from the fact that he has had many people close to him die.
~Sensitive -
he takes a lot of things to heart
Appearance:
Standing at 6’0” Cadmus has curly medium length dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He has an olive complexion.  Cadmus is from an Irish-Greek household. He’s the oldest out of 7 children.  He has a slim fit body, most people would refer to the structure as an ectomorph.  Cadmus has lots of tattoos including one on each of his palms, his right hand reading ‘Hello’ and his left hand reading ‘Good Bye’.  He also has a tattoo on his shoulder.  Cadmus can normally be found wearing crop tops(see-through ones), low rise pants especially leather ones, black boots/converse, he might even wear a long skirt once in a while if he feels like it.  He also wears a lot of interesting accessories such as vests, coats(he particularly likes fur ones), leather jackets, regular jackets, etc.
Other details:
None at the moment.

Place of Birth:
St. Finbarr’s hospital in Cork, Ireland.
Mortal Parent:
Ciara Floros-Anastas(deceased), George Anastas(step-father, dad to all his mortal half-siblings)
Ciara was born and raised in Cork, Ireland.  She had Cadmus very young and continued living with her parents.  Until she moved in with her aunt in Greece.  Her mom was Irish while her dad was Greek.  She met George when Cadmus was 4, George immediately stepped up and assumed the position as Cadmus's dad. A year later they gave birth to twins, and then as the years went by they had 4 more kids.  After all the kids were born Ciara found out she had cancer, she ended up dying from it.  George moved Cadmus and the rest of the kids to the United States because Ciara and he had planned on it.  They moved to Albany, New York.
God Parent:
Even though his middle name stands for ‘of Zeus’, Cadmus is 100% Hades's son.
Relationship with God Parent:
Strained, even after knowing of Hades for years, Cadmus still has a strained relationship with his father.  Mostly due to the fact that Cadmus blames Hades for the death of his mother and multiple siblings.  It's better than it used to be though.  At one point Cadmus absolutely hated his father.  He wished a lot of the time that George was his real dad.  Once Cadmus was claimed at Camp Half-Blood and settled a bit Hades appeared and gifted him two stones he explained that the stones were teleportation gates and explained to Cadmus how they worked.  After that Cadmus became more open with Hades and started to accept him as his father.
Talents/Skills:
Multilingual -
German, Irish, Spanish, Greek, French, English, and Italian (some are from being exposed to it as he grew up, the rest he inherited to understand the dead who didn't know the other languages).[/i]
Basket weaving -
he felt like learning it
Lock picking -
don’t ask, sometimes you just need to know things
Hotwiring cars -
he’s needed it a few times
Abilities:
Shadow Walking -
Can walk as silently as a shadow when needed
Sixth Sense -
Cadmus can constantly see dead people, which makes it hard to distinguish the living from the dead, the only thing that really distinguishes them is the living have a faint white glow while the dead have a darker more sinister one.  He can’t control this ability but when he’s under the influence of drugs he can’t see the dead people.
Powers:
Resurrection -  
If someone has very recently died, at the most 10 minutes(1-2 posts), Cadmus has the ability to stop their soul and bring it back to the body.  This can take quite a few posts (around 7 depending on how long the person has been dead) for it to be complete, he needs to be in an environment where he can concentrate on the task at hand if he fails the person dies and it still has the same cooldown as normal.  This can only be done once every 6 threads.  This power cannot be used on different types of deaths, such as cancer or very serious diseases/infections.  Such as AIDs.  If the person dies from something similar to a gunshot to the head or point-blank to the heart, he can’t bring them back as they would be dead.  If someone has a really bad seizure and it causes brain damage he can’t use his power.  
If the death causes the person to have irreparable damage to the brain, heart, lungs or other vital organs he can’t save them.  In any case, the person would have to be able to live for longer than a few seconds.  Thus why he can’t bring back someone that has irreparable damage.  If the death is caused by bleeding out he can bring them back, assuming they are immediately taken care of.   While this is similar to CPR/AED, he is literally stopping their soul from entering the Underworld.  Every time it happens it shortens Cadmus's lifespan by a few years depending on the time passed.  He can not use this power on himself.  This will eventually lead to his death.  With mortals, it takes less time away from his life.  But the more powerful the demigod, the more it takes from him.
Prolong the time a person has to live -  
If they are dying, Cadmus has the power to slow the process, he can't heal them or tend to wounds or anything.  He can only slow the process.  He can only hold this for up to 3 posts and can't use it again for 15 posts.  Again he has to have an environment where he can concentrate on what he is doing.  This can tire him, especially if the person is in a very critical state if they're critical enough he will pass out.  If he prolongs their life and they die, he cannot bring them back, no matter what.
Umbrakinesis -
Has the ability to blind the opponent for a few seconds, only lasts for 1 post, doesn’t work on children of Apollo, has a cooldown of 2-3 posts.
Weapon:
3ft long Celtic La Tene style Sword in Stygian Iron, the fuller has the words “Ο θάνατος σας καλωσορίζει” carved into it which is Greek for “Death welcomes you.”  Leather wrapped grip and a handcrafted pommel and cross guard
Along with two 16 ½ inches long stygian iron dagger with the same leather wrapped around the grip, the guard is similar to the one on his sword, he hides this in a sheath tucked into his shoes
Pets:
Black Sphynx Cat named Ciara after his mom, the cat is very annoying and while at the most of the time stays at the cabin at CHB he sometimes brings Ciara with him to NR

History:
It was a cool winter morning on the 28th day of February in the year 1998.  Cadmus was born at 7:53 am.  His grandparents were very happy to have a grandchild even if it was really young in their daughter's life.  Ciara had just turned 20.  She met Hades when she was working at a funeral home, a weird job but someone has to do it and she needed the money.  They spent a lot of time with each other.  Ciara's parents were worried about the ways Hades was changing their daughter.  After only knowing Hades for six months, he left without a word a week before Ciara found out she was pregnant.  She was destroyed but she wanted to do everything herself.  Ciara eventually started opening back up to her parents, not really anyone else though.  

After Cadmus was born, his grandparents took care of him for the most part.  Ciara suffered from severe postpartum, for a long time she wasn't able to form the relationship with Cadmus that came so easily to the other parents around her.  As Cadmus got older Ciara became better and started to develop an actual relationship with her son.  When Cadmus turned 2, Ciara moved in with her aunt in Greece.  She got a job as a waitress in a small diner, where she met George, who was constantly flirting with her and came in the same day every week.  After denying him multiple times they finally pursued a relationship.  However, she never introduced Cadmus to George until Cadmus turned 4.  Shortly after introducing Cadmus, Ciara moved in with George obviously taking Cadmus with her.  They began trying to expand their family.  Finally, after multiple failed attempts George and Ciara were overjoyed to learn that she had become pregnant.  Then they found out they were having twins, which prompted them to move into a larger house to have more room as the twins grew.  The twins were named Sophia and Nicholas.

Over the next 6 years, George and Ciara had 4 more children Cypress, Andrea, Dwight, and Margaret (Marge for short).  Margaret was the youngest and Cadmus was very protective of her.  He was protective over all of his siblings but more so over Marge.  When Marge was 3 and Cadmus was 14, Ciara was diagnosed with Metastatic Lung Cancer, which had spread to other areas of her body through her blood. For a little over a year, she was doing very well, until one day she was taking back into the hospital for some tests and they found that the cancer had spread to her brain.  Less than six months later Ciara passed away.  George and Ciara had planned on moving to the US because they wanted to experience a new place.  So, George continued on with their dreams and moved himself and all 7 children with him.  Cadmus was 15, almost 16 when they moved.  He was heartbroken, he started smoking a lot, cigarettes and weed.  Cadmus started taking pills, he just couldn’t deal with the thought that his mother was gone.  A week after Cadmus turned 16, Marge was hit by a car and was killed before getting the hospital.  For weeks Cadmus kept experiencing times where he would see her, she would call out to him.  So he drank and he took for drugs and after a while, it stopped.  Then Nicholas died from bleeding in his brain, when he tripped and hit his head too hard on the edge of a table.

George eventually told Cadmus that he wasn’t Cadmus’s biological father, which tore Cadmus apart.  Cadmus ran away from home, and lived on the streets for a few months, dealing with monsters but he was high so he didn’t really think much of it.  He went to rehab a few times before he met a Satyr named Priam.  Cadmus wouldn’t follow him when Priam offered to take him to camp, so the satyr stuck around for a while longer.  Cadmus eventually went back home.  A few weeks after returning home Dwight had a seizure, he had been diagnosed with epilepsy when Cadmus was away.  Cadmus held Dwight and cried, he was so tired of losing the people close to him, the people that he loved.  Dwight’s heart, which had stopped beating a few minutes before, had started again.  This shocked Cadmus, he hadn’t realized that he had caused it.  He passed out from it and within the next couple of months, Priam forced him to come to Camp Half-Blood. Cadmus was 16 and had finally felt right walking into somewhere.  He stayed at camp and didn’t ever leave to go home.  Cadmus felt like everything bad that happened at home was caused by him so it was better for him to stay away.

For the last few years of his life Cadmus has gone in and out of rehab, he took lots of drugs, mostly prescription drugs such as Xanax or oxycontin.  He smoked cigarettes and drank a lot.  Cadmus had a close friend, possibly boyfriend while he was at Camp Half-Blood.  The son of Athena had died while in a battle against a monster, he had bled out.  Cadmus brought him back while holding him and concentrating really hard when the son of Athena came to gasping.  Cadmus was shocked and immediately called over help, which including some Apollo kids who helped heal the boy.  Cadmus had become really weak and fell asleep for a few days.  After realizing that he had brought back the boy, Cadmus distanced himself and the son of Athena.  Cadmus eventually tried to move to New Rome and attend university there, after he completed a GED course in Manhattan.  After being at the university for several weeks Cadmus gave up and decided that university life just wasn’t for him.  Cadmus ended up moving to New Rome, and getting a job, he finally decided to visit his family again once he turned 20.  He returned home to find out that Dwight had died a few weeks after Cadmus had left for camp and Andrea was in the hospital from getting into an accident when she was with friends.  This caused Cadmus to spiral and he drank more than he used to and he started to push people away, he isn’t really close with anyone anymore.  He’s just really tired of losing his family and the people that he loves.  So as of right now Cadmus lives in New Rome but visits Camp Half-Blood frequently, he also adopted a little black sphynx cat that lives in his cabin.  The cat is named Ciara after his mother.
A Memory:
Cadmus rolled the pill bottle in his hand, hearing the pills clatter and move around on the inside of the bottle.  He hadn’t taken anything, smoked, or drank in over 2 months.  He was fresh out of rehab, and the spirits were killing him.  Mostly the ones of his siblings, they wouldn’t stay for long, but they would come and go.  Every time Marge appeared Cadmus had started crying, blaming himself for all that he could have done to save her and he didn’t.  He tapped on the top of the pill bottle, popping the cap off and pouring one in his hand.  

“You do know that it’s bad to take drugs right, mom wouldn’t ever let you hear the end of it,” a small voice spoke causing Cadmus to look up quickly and make eye contact with Nicholas.  He still looked like the same eleven-year-old little brother that he was whenever he had passed away.

Giving a small smile Cadmus said, “well mom isn’t really here to judge now is she.”  He continued staring at Nicholas, “why are you here?”

Nicholas across from Cadmus against the wall, tucking his knees to his chest and propping his head on top of his knees.  “You’re the only one I’m still able to talk to and I want to make sure you aren’t killing yourself.”

“You seriously think I could do something like that?” Cadmus scoffed before finally closing the pill bottle and putting it in his coat pocket.  He reached over to the bottle of water on the table.  “Everyone is dying anyway, I might as well join in on the fun,” he stated with a small chuckle.  Nicholas watched him warily.  Cadmus had a harder time pulling himself together after going back home for the first time in years.

“They all still love you, ya know.” Nicholas said hoping to cheer Cadmus up a bit, “no one’s death was ever your fault, there was nothing you could do.”

“Nothing I could do?” Cadmus looked at Nicholas, “I brought Dwight back after he had died, what do you mean there was nothing I could do?  I failed as a brother, as a son, as a friend.  There are hundreds of people on this earth that deserve to be alive way more than I do.  Marge didn’t even live to have her 5th birthday.  She deserves more than what she got.”  He had tears running down his cheeks now.  His face was red and he was angry and sad, filled with so much emotion that he had started bottling up since when he was young.

Cadmus looked back over to Nicholas before putting the pill in his mouth and swallowing it with a drink of water, tears still streaming down his face.  Still watching Nicholas, he took the pill bottle out and swallowed another.  As he started to feel his body relax the image of his brother in the corner had slowly started to fade away.  Cadmus climbed into his bed and stared at the ceiling for a long time.  Maybe he would have someone in his life soon that wasn’t dead.  He wanted to get close with people but it was so hard when it felt like everyone you knew was bound to die before they would actually live, and everyone deserved to live a full and happy life.  

Cadmus rolled onto his side looking at the tattoos on the palms of his hands, the same hands he had used to hold his mom’s when she was lying in her hospital bed hours before she was pronounced dead.  ‘Hello’ and ‘Goodbye’.  Cadmus took a glance around his room.  Empty pill bottles on one side of his dresser, empty and half full alcohol on the other side.  He sighed and as he drifted off into sleep and wondered, just for a moment, about how his mother would feel about the way he treated himself.
Notes:

3074 after subtracting the form from the total.  The word count doesn't include the song lyrics at the beginning of the form.  I don't really know what to do for his code so.
Does this work?

Code:
Cadmus Floros [i](Cliché)[/i], Cabin 13 (Living in NR)
HaleyTheRandom
HaleyTheRandom

Devil On My Shoulder said "Try This Instead." Empty Re: Devil On My Shoulder said "Try This Instead."

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:56 pm
This form is such a freaking beauty, Cli. <3

Approved!
You will be awarded 2800 drachmas.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum