Go down
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

I want you to be happier Empty I want you to be happier

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:22 pm
I want you to be happier Tumblr_inline_pka949pivn1uy9est_250I want you to be happier Tumblr_inline_pka94adD3I1uy9est_250

It had been a good party that had happened the other night. Lily had been focused on cleaning up after it all and making sure everything returned to normal. You could find red solo cups everywhere, but luckily those were all picked up by this point, Lily just liked to make sure the plants were fine and being taken care. The Apollo cabin leader had walked around with some other Apollo kids and some of the Demeter kids to water and freshen up the plants in the courtyard. It needed to be a lively place like it always was.

In the midst of looking around at the plants, she noticed one of the new campers in her cabin was out in the courtyard. It took some time to adjust especially for a thirteen year old boy. Lily had walked up to him and sat down next to him. She had heard some things from the Demeter kids who had spoken with Fauna Reacher.

"Hey Timmy, how are you doing these days?" She asked with a warm smile. Timmy was her half brother and she would do anything to help him feel like he had a place in the cabin, she could still remember the first time she came to camp and the mess that she was in at the time.
Amaru
Amaru

I want you to be happier Empty Re: I want you to be happier

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:50 pm
Tim was sitting outside, thinking. And also sulking a little. He was doing his best to smile and be positive among others but once everyone cleared he went back in his bad mood and certainly didn't expect anyone to speak to him. So once addressed he was a bit surprised.
"Oh... hello," he said trying to pull himself together a little.
"I am doing a little better I think," he wasn't sure that it was true but his half-sibs were nice people and some of them were trying to make him feel better. And Tim appreciated that.
"I miss home..." he sighed. He wasn't very proud about that and normally he would keep it to himself but if there was someone who he should open to it was his half-siblings.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:21 pm
I want you to be happier Tumblr_inline_pka949pivn1uy9est_250I want you to be happier Tumblr_inline_pka94adD3I1uy9est_250

Lily could see that Timothy was having a bad day, but she wanted to turn that around for him in whatever way that she could. When he said he was doing better that made her feel a little better, but she knew the 'but' was coming. The daughter of Apollo gave a sympathetic smile as he mentioned he missed home, it was common to miss home.

"That's a normal feeling Timothy." She said placing a hand on his shoulder, "What about home is it that you're missing?" She asked him hoping maybe it was something they could try and do here for him to help him that much more. Lily knew she felt comfort in the sunshine and a good bowl of homemade mac and cheese. Mac and cheese was something she had a lot when she lived with her mom. "What things made it feel like home?"
Amaru
Amaru

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:56 pm
Tim smiled faintly. "I miss..." he stopped because no one thing came to mind immediately. He missed his friends and mother of course but that wasn't it. Well, not just it.
"I think I miss the day when the world made sense. Because this... doesn't. " it was still difficult to believe it. It was obviously true - he saw satyrs and nymphs or... dryads? Or whatever they were. It still didn't fit into his
"But it's not all bad... I always wanted a sibling and now I have quite a few," he smiled, this time more genuinely.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:33 pm

She watched as he tried to list the things that he missed from home and as per usual when she'd ask the homesick campers what it was they missed, they'd come to realize they really weren't missing much besides the people. It was all normal and it was just incredibly hard to do at the age of thirteen. Moving out from your family was hard at any age, but she knew as well as most campers did.

"Yeah, its a crazy life to take in. One day you're just living your life as any normal day. Learning something in class, spending time with your friends. Sometimes staying out later than you're supposed to. Then your life turns into this whole mess with half goat half human people. You meet other people who apparently have gods for parents. It can just feel like a lot." Lily said trying to remembering her first thoughts when she came to the camp at the age of twelve.

"You get used to it eventually. I think the key thing is to try and make friends here. If you make friends then you have people here you can go to like you do back home. You'll always have me as your friend and sibling here. Speaking of siblings, we got far more than a few here." She said with a bit of a laugh.
Amaru
Amaru

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:23 am
"It seems like it's always the same. I had a pretty normal day and suddenly I got jumped by a harpy. And suddenly I am on the other side of the world. Yeah, it feels quite like a lot," he sighed again.
"You know in retrospect it might not be wise to send satyrs for new campers. It's a bit overwhelming. Or is that it? Shock them with satyrs so the cabins suddenly seem like a return to reality? At least a bit?" he asked.
"Quite a few, yes. And a lot of cousins. That's the nicest thing here... everyone is family, basically," though he could easily live without the Ares part of the family...
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:39 pm

"Well at least you're still here." Lily said with a sympathetic smile when he mentioned he got attacked by a harpy and was brought to camp after that. Her story was a little different than most people who attended camp, she didn't get attacked, but she ended up running into a satyr and she's been thankful ever since.

"I would disagree with you, Timothy." The cabin counselor started speaking looking back over to him. "Satyr's are good at what they do, and they have a good success rate at getting campers here safely. You're more likely to believe someone who looks out of the ordinary too." Lily continued to speak about satyrs and their importance. "Without a satyr I wouldn't be here today."

"Well funny thing about gods, even though they're all related we are only related directly to our god parent and our half siblings. Our blood doesn't go passed that, so we don't really have cousins here. Everyone is still like a big family here though. "
Amaru
Amaru

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:55 am
"Ok, yes, this place is easily better than being eaten by a harpy I am not going to argue that," he admitted. He had no idea how it felt being eaten by a harpy but he could live with not ever learning it.
"Hmm," he was thinking and he ended up nodding. If a normal person informed him about it he wouldn't believe it. But it was difficult to argue with satyr that he didn't exist.
"I think I might have missed that class at school so I'll believe you. Though how about the... Asclepius guy? You know the healing god guy with the snake stick. Wasn't he a son of Apollo too? Does that mean that we have a god as a sibling too?" he was a bit confused by that.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:28 pm

"I think that's a good idea. Not getting eaten by a harpy." Lily said confirming with TImothy as she let a little bit of a laugh out. She listened to the rest of what he had to say before she'd chime in with her responses that she had for him.

"I don't think they really have a class for this kind of thing. I could be wrong. I've just asked Chiron a ton of questions. We take after more of our mortal parents bloodline. The healer god guy, he's not our sibling. Like I know technically he's supposed to be, but our bloodlines don't carry with the gods for whatever reason." She said with a bit of a shrug.
Amaru
Amaru

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:45 pm
Tim shrugged. This was getting too complicated for the young boy. Unfortunately, he knew very little about genetics. And even less about gods. Was he thinking so much about family because he missed his own? Probably...
"But that's the problem right? If I want to not be eaten by harpies I have to A) stay here or B) learn to defend myself. But I am not a good fighter. I dislike fighting. But I don't want to stay here forever." he was quite good with the bow but that wasn't enough, not to mention he still didn't like shooting it against other beings.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:18 pm

"Hmm." Lily said as Tim went into explaining that he wasn't too good at combat. "Well, you aren't going to be a world class fighter on your first day or even your first year. You will pick up on skills though and it'll begin to feel more natural." Lily explained to the concerned boy. "If you keep attending training and capture the flag games, you will get better. It's a little bit harder in training, but you need to build up the skills. Then when you're out there it'll all be instinct."

It was hard to wrap your mind around new information, Lily knew this. She knew it was even harder to develop fighting skills, and it was easier to just give up, but you had to at least try. "Timothy, you don't have to stay here if you don't want to. you are not forced to be here. You can leave whenever you want. My suggestion is to do training so you can at least protect yourself. There is another option though." Lily said with a bit of a smile and then continued to speak. "I know it's not home, but if you wanted to continue to live in safety, there's another camp. Camp Jupiter. They have a city filled with demigods like you and I. Its a very safe place and I know it's not home, but it is a safe place where you wouldn't have to live in fear."
Amaru
Amaru

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:56 am
"I don't think the training is the only problem. Well, not the only one. I don't like fighting... I don't think I am a coward but..." he moved his hands wildly as he was trying to find some way to explain it.
"Never mind," he finally finished.
"You know I live on the other side of the planet, right? Or close to it. I can't simply go home. I think I am stuck here." perhaps that was the reason he was so depressed? He really missed his home, friends... and the boring old life.
"I think I will stay here, where I at least have a sibling who is willing to listen to all my whining..." he smirked a little
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:13 pm

"Just because you don't like fighting or you don't want to fight it doesn't mean you're a coward. It just means your morals are set in place a certain way. Training isn't even really fighting, you aren't doing it to kill, you're just doing it to practice what you need to be able to do in case you need to protect yourself or anyone around you." Lily summed up. She knew if he really didn't want to fight he didn't have to, but it was a big reason of why they had this camp in place. Usually when you got older it wasn't normal that you'd stay here and you'd be out on your own. She only wanted to try and guide Timothy in the best direction for himself.

"Eh hate to break it to you Timmy, but you live across the Atlantic. So not across the planet. The earth is a sphere, so we're not too far from Europe here on the east coast of America." Lily said with a cheeky grin. She couldn't help it she really enjoyed geography.

"With that attitude you'll always be stuck here. You can go home any time. Nothing is keeping you here, not even the distance. But your success rate is very low if you left now. Listen, I'll always listen to what you have to say, but there will come a day where I wont be here. In a couple years I might move over to the Roman city."
Amaru
Amaru

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 am
Tim nodded after thinking for some time, "You're right. I won't train because I want to fight but because I don't want to be slaughtered!" it was a bit obvious and it was probably the only way to be able to return back home. When the monster will come for him he will be ready!
"Well, central Europe is not exactly behind the corner either. And even if I left right now I have no way to get there unless I want to rob a bank," he explained. If he lived closer he could just go there but not like this.
"I guess I will have to train to have the chance to get home. And hopefully, be ready before my favorite sibling leave." he agreed.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu May 02, 2019 11:36 pm

"Never said it was around the corner. But if you need the means to return home, we can always try and figure that out too. It's not a hopeless cause, I promise you that." Lily wasn't about to get into the whole aspect of how she lived quite a bit away from home too, but Lily didn't like to talk about her family life and for the most part nobody knew much about her life before camp. Just that she had a mom and was partially home schooled. Lily didn't really lead people to think there was more than that, for her that was just the life she would portray to have.

"Good, I'm your favourite sibling, keep it that way." Lily said with a bit of a wink and a laugh. She loved talking to any of her siblings, but she was fine if she wasn't the favourite sibling out there, but she sure didn't mind hearing it either. "You'll find your place in this world, I promise, Timmy."
Amaru
Amaru

Sun May 05, 2019 4:31 pm
Tim actually, honestly smiled. It was rare these days.
"Thanks but I think I will stay here and learn. It might take me some time but I will get there. And yeah, you are completely my favorite sibling here but don't tell anyone." he said with a quieter tone.
"Thank you. I can't really see that right now but I won't give up." it was nicer with people who cared. Everything seemed a bit brighter.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat May 18, 2019 7:19 pm

"Sounds good to me, if you ever need help, let me know." Lily said with a smile on her face when she watched his own smile grow on his face. She could tell that it seemed rather genuine. She was glad and hoped her could make this place his home.

"I better get back to helping them clean up the mess, but feel free to come talk anytime, Timmy."
Amaru
Amaru

Sat May 25, 2019 2:43 am
"Thanks... I am fairly sure I will," he admitted and waved her goodbye. He felt a bit better about the situation but still not great. Everything will be better it all just needed time and some effort. After a few minutes of sitting there, he just stood up and went to help his singlings with the cleaning... there was no reason to sit this one out.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum