Go down
Pike
Pike
Administrator

make my messes matter Empty make my messes matter

Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:06 am
make my messes matter Tumblr_inline_pkk8mrZ7Ku1wvzhqg_540make my messes matter Tumblr_inline_pkk8l9EBav1wvzhqg_1280

Bess Nakamura sits in one of the many desks arranged in perfect rows in the senate hall. She has always liked the senate hall, its so regal and peaceful. Most of the time it's occupied by optios and centurions, quietly doing work and reading through archives. Bess, however, used it as a sort of hideaway. She'd never admit this out loud, after all, she had a reputation to uphold. She can't have word spread that she hated being in her trio, especially for fear of how Berkeley and Briar would react. So, if anybody asks, she'd just say that she's here to escape the heat and read. Sometimes she would read whatever books she brought with her, usually whatever YA novel that was big at the time, other times she'd find something interesting to read in in the archives. The archives are a mix of papyrus scrolls and normal folders that you'd find at any business. They document almost every important piece of history and rulings that had happened in the history of New Rome.

This time, Bess has found an old documentation of a long forgotten quest that happened back in the 70s. It's strange, how different things are now, but also, how similar. The quest she's reading on is eerily similar to one that happened recently, three demigods go on a quest, never to be heard from again. Though, the one from current day has a slightly different ending. Though, she has a feeling there are many quest logs like the one sitting before her.

The scroll is short, since cellphones didn't exist back then and nobody had any way of getting updates. So its just a beginning and an end, even though she knows there's so much story hidden beneath. It's strange that this scroll would never be filled out, and answers would never be given. Though, anyone who was around at this time is probably old and already forgotten about it.

How would she be remembered when she leaves? In the minds of those around her she'd be the bitch, one third of the entity that made their lives hell. She'd have no titles, no quest logs, just a bad memory in the heads of those she's helped abuse. She doesn't like the idea of it, but she knows she's too afraid to do anything different.
Cedar

make my messes matter Empty Re: make my messes matter

Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:46 pm
make my messes matter Tumblr_inline_pq3bxemD9V1u8wlfo_500

"I see you're brushing up on ancient Roman Law, Nakamura," Thurmond spoke from behind the daughter of Jupiter. He had seen her around, obviously, but never really had a real conversation with her. After all, he heard of how much of a bitch she was and Thurmond Porter didn't tolerate bitchery. One would think with Bess being the daughter of the king of the Roman gods that she would take her place in a leadership role. It was a little surprising seeing her The Senate House, but it was open to all. No matter what rank a legionnaire was, the Senate House along with New Rome was open to all.

But, no. She decides to be a Regina Goerge.

Thurmond was dressed in his usual purple camp t-shirt and khaki pants. However, paired with that was a white toga that slightly hugged his athletic frame. "Found anything interesting? I tend to look through some of the old scrolls for inspiration. Sometimes that is. After times..." Well, that was better left unsaid.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:41 pm
make my messes matter Tumblr_inline_pkk8mrZ7Ku1wvzhqg_540make my messes matter Tumblr_inline_pkk8l9EBav1wvzhqg_1280

She can hear the door opening to the senate hall, and Bess jumps, whipping her head around. She knows there's no way Berkeley or Blair would be here, but crazier things have happened. She can breath easy when she realizes its just one of the optios from the third. Thurmond something, she's not really sure of his name, they've never really talked, but she's fairly familiar with all the leaders in New Rome.

At first she wonders if she's going to be kicked out, and she's ready to defend her right to be here, but he only asks if she's found anything interesting. So, Bess shakes her head, "Its just old quest logs, this one is about trying to find the diadem of Romulus." It's interesting to see the notes from the augur's interpretation of the prophecy. After all, they were only able to figure out that they were supposed to find a diadem, and they just let them go on the quest anyways. She has to wonder how far they got, and what the diadem even does. It has to be important in some capacity, right?

Bess shrugs, "It's not that interesting."
Cedar

Tue May 07, 2019 11:17 pm
make my messes matter Tumblr_inline_pq3bxemD9V1u8wlfo_500

Thurmond cocked his eyebrows in curiosity. "That's interesting. The crown of Romulus." He sighed as if he was reminiscing. He turned his attention to the quest log and skimmed through it. He wondered how it felt to be on a quest. To have your life at stake the longer you are out in the "real world". Then again, that wasn't hard to imagine considering he nearly got impaled by a daughter of Bellona just two days ago. But he digresses. The son of Salus hesitated before sitting down beside Bess. She didn't seem too bad. Maybe all of the rumors that surrounded her was simply that.

Rumors.

Taking in a deep breath, he turned to look at Bess again. "I have a question to ask you: how do you feel about the safety of Camp Jupiter? Do you think it's what it should be or do you think we can improve?"
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Thu May 09, 2019 2:00 am

"Diadem" Bess corrects, "Not that it really matters. It's probably lost to history now." Its kind of sad, in a way, that the diadem will never find its way to Rome, but what could she do about it? All they had was an old prophecy that didn't even apply anymore. Besides, what if they had retrieved it and perished on the route home? Either way, it looked like the only way to find it was trapped in the minds of those who weren't here anymore. Well, that, and a yellowed roll of parchment. So, she puts it out of her mind.

Bess has to stifle a laugh at Thurmond's question. Not because she thinks the safety of Camp Jupiter is a laughing matter, it certainly isn't, but because it's unexpected. Plus, people usually don't come to her for stuff like this, maybe due to her resting bitch face, maybe because of her companions, probably both. But she thinks for a moment, before replying.

"I think the Camp does a very good job, after all it has a century long track record, though I think our biggest weakness is power control." She pauses for a moment, maybe because power control is something she has a lot of experience with. Not just with herself, but with her friends. They were powerful, and when they were younger they had problems controlling it. Maybe that's why she gravitated towards them, because they were just as powerful as she was, and she couldn't hurt them as much as she could hurt others. "But that's just my opinion." She says, waving a dismissive hand.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum