Go down
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Meet me on the eastside Empty Meet me on the eastside

Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:48 am

Lily was one of the most frequent visitors of the beach here at the camp. It was the one place where she could find peace and quiet. The ebst place to go when you wanted to feel the warmth of the sun on your skin in the sort of way it felt like the sun was hugging you, in a round about way it almost felt as if her dad had been there giving her a hug. It was the closest she could get to family interactions these days, but there wasn't time to unpack all of that, so she simply kept the feelings down.

It was a sunny day today, the water crashing on the shores were beautiful and came in little bursts. It'd be a high tide followed by a low tied and it was mesmerizing in itself. She personally loved watching as she would step down on the sand and her footprint would be there only to get washed away with every bit of water that'd come up over it, it truly was the small things in life that made things bright.

As she was walking along the shore she noticed a boy with darkish hair hunched over something and from the distance she couldn't tell what he was doing exactly. The daughter of Apollo grinned as it was a chance that only presented itself every now and again. She slowly and quietly crept up to the boy before getting her fingers ready and once she was in reaching distance, she lightly poked him in the sides simultaneously speaking, "What'cha doin'?!" Which was said in her normal perky tone of voice.
AwkwardlyAsh
AwkwardlyAsh

Meet me on the eastside Empty Re: Meet me on the eastside

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:37 pm
Meet me on the eastside Tumblr_mzr4bmuOMh1rzwvopo8_250

Today was a nice day on the beach. And for most people, that meant sunny days and waves that were the perfect balance- neither choppy nor calm. For Noah Robinson, it meant the campers having late night bonfires and volleyball games on the beach, because that also resulted in their belongings being forgotten in the sand. Even if there had been a bunch of people here, he would have been just as happy.

Right now, he was scavenging for anything that campers may have left behind. He probably looked extremely strange, his steps looking like hops because his bare feet still hadn't gotten acquainted to the feeling of the hot sand. Noah ran down to the wet sand where the tide reached the shore, sighing with relief as the colder sand came into contact with his feet. Glancing back up, a small grin appeared on his face as he spotted something glinting in the sand nearby.

He walked over to it and lowered himself into a crouch. The item that had caught his attention was half buried in sand, and up close, it was less reflective. He glanced and his currently dry hands, then the wet sand that covered the item almost completely.

"Whatever," he muttered, using his hands to push away the sand. He had only uncovered a little bit of metal when a voice interrupted him.

"What'cha doin'?!"

It was a girl's voice, loud and cheerful, and it had also scared Noah out of his wits. He scrambled in the sand, kicking sand in various random directions before getting up and standing right in front of the thing he had found. He rubbed the back of his neck as he came face to face with the source of the voice- another camper. She was tiny, probably a little more than five feet, with light brown hair and a smile that was naturally too happy for Noah's comfort.

"Nothing," came his automatic reply. If this object belonged to the girl, he had no business taking it right now. He could always steal it later anyway. After all, in Camp Half Blood, it was nearly impossible to judge someone from their size. For all he knew, she could kick his ass without even trying. Quickly, to divert attention away from him, he added, "Um, what about you?"
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:53 pm

The boy was strange, that was the first thing that came to her mind, but quickly after she had to remind herself that first impressions were often not the greatest and it shouldn't make or break your opinion on someone or anything. She looked at him almost with a quizzical look, why did he seem to be hiding something? Was he even hiding something? Or was he just this awkward, but it wasn't long until she was pulled from her thoughts with him asking about what she was doing.

She didn't expect the question and in a way she was caught super off guard. "Oh, me?" She asked trailing off, what exactly was it that she was doing? "Well I'm just walking around the beach, I usually do. It's nice. The water is nice, do you come down here often?" Lily asked him. She was good at making conversation out of basically nothing if the situation called for it. "Oh my bad, I'm Lily, and you are?" She asked now realizing that she would need to introduce herself. Lily felt partially rude, but that was just how life was sometimes.

"Do you come here often?" She asked, maybe she was asking too many questions, but hey how do you get to know people without asking questions? Lillith was trying to figure out if he would be the type to go to a party yet, because she'd invite anyone to the Apollo cabin's raging parties that they normally had. She tried to invite as many people as she could that would seem interested, the bigger the party usually the better. Usually it just meant more clean up for cabin inspections, but that wasn't the end of the world.
AwkwardlyAsh
AwkwardlyAsh

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:45 pm

He hoped she would take the bait, and was scared for a second as the girl regarded him with a confused expression. Just as he was about to make a run for it and sprint off, she spoke up, explaining how she was just taking a walk on the beach. Hopefully she was telling the truth. Noah decided she seemed innocent enough anyway. He would have made up some excuse for her to leave, but she was polite, and he was bored, so he wouldn't have minded having some company.

The was one thing, however, that bothered him. "The water's nice?" Noah replied, his eyes wide and his tone incredulous. He shuddered. "It's terrible! It could snatch you up with just one wave and drown you if it wanted, and even the naiads wouldn't be able to save you in time. And, uh, I guess you could say I come here often. Usually when there are more people around. Y'know, the beach bonfires and the volleyball games. I still stay away from the water though."

"Noah," he introduced, holding out a hand for her to shake. "Son of Hermes. I'd make some water jokes now to go with the flow, but you'd get tide of them and then I'd have to bottle them up." The puns were so cheesy he found himself almost cringing in self embarrassment, but managed to hide it.

Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:16 pm

Lily raised one of her eyebrows up in a questioning face when he began to explain how water was terrible and you could drown and such on. She shook her head laughing for a minute, "Tell me Noah." She said musing at the thought of this taller boy being against water, "Are you telling me you don't shower or bathe either? Gods that must be what I smell, and here I thought it was the sulfur from the ocean." The daughter of Apollo said just trying to hold back her laughs. Her hand clasped over her mouth as she looked at him and thought about how ridiculous it would be if someone didn't shower because of that reason.

"See now I think you're making those horrible puns on porpoise." Lily said grinning relentlessly at her own jokes. if he was going to go down the bad pun route she'd join in on that. The daughter of Apollo had a sense of humour and anytime she could use it, she'd take the chance. She looked at his stretched out hand, "Should I shake your hand or just over you like a casual wave or something? If you don't shower I don't know where those hands have been." Was she beating a dead horse with this joke? Probably, but she couldn't help it.

"Son of Hermes, huh?" She mused at the thought, "I guess that makes a lot of sense." The girl said trailing off a bit as she took a couple steps backwards, "Daughter of Apollo myself. Just promise me you won't steal my sheep, huh." Lily said as she began to crouch down near the water, timing it perfectly with the water. She cupped her hand down and splashed him with water, "Oh no! Noah you better run! The water's gonna bite cha!"
AwkwardlyAsh
AwkwardlyAsh

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:03 pm

((sorry for the super late reply, something important came up and I couldn't get online to notify  finally back))

"You know what I meant!" He whined, sounding like a child, but his eyes showed that he was hiding his laughter. "And now you're just being mean! But I guess I walked right into that anyway. My fault for not being pacific enough, huh?" Noah decided whether or not to sit down in the sand, but chose not to. Instead, he darted slightly away from the water, making sure he was now away from the line of wet sand that marked where the tide had reached. At her response, he chuckled at the use of puns.

"Horrible puns? Now I feel even more in-salt-ed." Noah crossed his arms and glanced at the girl. Fine, no handshake. "Hmph, I would have thought most people aren't a fan of the bad, dry humor."

When she mentioned her father's name Noah raised a brow. Ah, Apollo. That made sense for her. She seemed to enjoy the beach for some reason, and that must be the sun. He was broken out of his thoughts, or rather terrified, as water hit the side of his torso. He yelped, his feet scrambling in the hot sand for a few seconds before he darted behind the pole of an abandoned volleyball court.

"You are one of the most evil people I've ever had the dismay of meeting!" He accused, but he was fighting off the laughter that threatened to ruin his pout.

Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:59 pm
(That is absolutely okay! Glad to see you're back.)

When Noah mentioned she was just being a meanie she couldn't help but laugh. Sometimes she was good at consoling people, other times she was just better at wrecking havoc. It was a true Apollo kid thing of her to do, but in a lot of ways she felt like there was a sense of a challenge with Noah, he was a son of Hermes and if anyone were to really set the stage for mischief and havoc it would be one of them. Although so far the score board was 1-0 for Lily. It was a low blow to use his apparent dislike for water against him though.

Lily came out of the wet sanded bar area and walked onto the hot sand towards where Noah was behind a pole on an old volley ball court. "Okay, I'm out of water range and you know I have no water abilities, you're safe. Yes you should have been more specific." She said beaming for a moment.

"Oh don't get me wrong, I'm quite the fan of your humour, but I'm still going to pretend to dislike it. Can't inflate your ego too much." The daughter of Apollo chirped and then had a pressing question in her mind. "So, if you don't really care for the water, why do you come to the beach, Noah?" When she heard the evil comment she let out a bit of a gasp, "Me evil? Never! How could I be? I'm so sunny." She said with a fake layer of preppy tone in her voice.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum