Go down
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Hold onto me, I'm a little unsteady Empty Hold onto me, I'm a little unsteady

Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:01 am

Delilah fumbled with her notes that she had written down. She was nervous, what if her words were meaningless and didn't come across the way they needed to? What if she broke down in the middle of her eulogy? There were so many things left unsaid to Skye, so many things she wished she could have said, but things she knew wasn't appropriate fro the moment. Instead she stuck to her notes and spoke them into the microphone.

"Skye Maddox; a centurion, beloved granddaughter of Charles and Nancy, best friend and overall a great person.

That’s how you all remember Skye. I remember Skye with her red tinted hair glowing in the sun. My memories of Skye rush in as I’m filled with the moments of Sunday brunches and solstice evenings where we would all go to a party after while the adults would just turn a blind eye.

My memories of her laugh flood my ears still, the sweet melodic laugh. The sorrow frowns my heart as I realize I will never hear it again and Skye will remain a memory.

She will live on in all of our memories and we shall let her live in in our hearts forever. May we live our lives with the same controlling nature she lived her life, let us give that look of ferocity when we mean go get business done and let us try and show people the kindness of our hearts the way Skye Maddox would have. For a world without Skye Maddox is like the rivers running dry and we must always soak the earth with all the might and gentleness of the river that is Skye.

To Skye, rest easy and hopefully you’re having one heck of a party in Elysium. "

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum