Go down
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

she - Page 2 Empty Re: she

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:23 am
"I'll come over more eventually, I just feel like you're never home anymore and sometimes its a little odd going over and just spending time with them. I mean don't get me wrong, I love your grandparents, but just not the same without you being there." Delilah admitted to Skye.

"There's a lot of shitty people out there, someone has to be kind in the world of evil. Why should I also be shitty and help in this never ending cycle of negativity. If you never give someone a chance how are you any better than them?" She paused for a moment and then added, "Then again I should take my own words about Kirsten, but I just I have my own things I deal with. I'll eventually resolve it."

"I wouldn't be much help on the quest. My only asset is flight and healing. Those aren't big 'pick me, pick me' traits to the gods."
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:29 am

Skye comes to a stop outside her house, the lights are still on in the entry hall, except everything else seems to be quiet. "Well, I'm home now. You wanna come over? It could be a sleep over, like we used to when we were kids." She loved having sleep overs with Delilah, mainly because sleepovers with Kirsten sucked. Also because she and Delilah were best friends at the time, and getting to hang out all night was fun.

"You should write a book with all that wisdom, y'know. I bet my grandad would publish it. You need wisdom to go on a quest, and you have tons of it. So, you'd still be my number one pick." Skye gives her a smile.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:35 am
They finally arrived in the cul de sac and naturally the first two houses in it you came into contact with was either Kirsten's house (ew) or Skye's house (bless). They stopped in the front and she could almost bet that Nancy and Charles were asleep, but at the same time she could imagine nancy asleep on the couch or something waiting for Skye to get home. They had such an open relationship it was so nice. Then the question of a sleep over came up and to be honest the thought and offer made Delilah really happy, she missed sleepovers with Skye and it beat being in her house alone. Jules was probably over at the guest house with Augustine, that was her guess anyways.

"A sleep over sounds nice, this way if I'm hung over, which I have a bad feeling I will be, my dad wont see it. That and I actually like sleep overs at your house." There had been times that Delilah had sleepovers with Jules at Alivia and Kirsten's house, those were always a nightmare.

"Maybe one day I'll write something, only if you promise to buy the first copy of it." Delilah joked a little. "Thanks, that actually means a lot to me."
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:40 am

"Not only would I buy the first copy, I'd buy the first hundred to dispense to the citizens of New Rome."

Skye walked up the steps to her porch. Naturally the door was unlocked. Her grandparents never really worried about locking doors, mainly because the scariest thing that would probably want to get in was Theiler. Skye probably would've locked the doors though.

The parlor is empty, and so is the entire first floor, Skye turns to Delilah, "So we can sleep on the couches down here or upstairs in my room. If we're down here you won't have to walk up the stairs, but if we're in my room you're closer to a toilet if you have to throw up." She wasn't saying that Delilah was going to throw up, but she had been drinking a lot and she just didn't want to have to clean up the rug.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:17 pm
"Awe that's so nice." Delilah said with a smile on her face, they entered the Maddox home that was almost like a second home to the brunette. It was a little dark in the home due to everyone else having gone to bed by this point. Delilah heard the options for where they could sleep, it was either the couch or upstairs in her bedroom. As much as going up the stairs would suck she had to admit it would be the better idea. "We can just go upstairs, I'll crawl if I have to." She said with a laugh.

"First I think I need water, I feel so thirsty. " Delilah said walking into the kitchen without giving it another thought. She had spent so much of her childhood here so grabbing a glass of water was just second nature to her. "Do you ever think we'll all be friends again? The whole cul de sac.. you know together again? "
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Skye follows Delilah to the kitchen, the door to the sun room is still unlocked, so before Theighleur can somehow appear, she clicks the lock. The last thing they needed was Theighler coming to take advantage of their inebriated states.

"Yeah you're going to want to drink a lot of that," Skye tells her, "It will save tomorrow you."

When the topic of their old friend group is brought up, Skye goes quiet. "I don't know," She admits, "We're all so different now, would it even be the same as it was?"
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 pm
"I'll try and drink as much water as I can, but I feel like if I do that it's just coming back up." Delilah said as she began to take a few sips of the water enjoying the refreshing taste that it had. It was so good she began to chug back her first glass of water and grabbed herself another one that she would nurse a little. She didn't mean to make Skye go quiet, but she wondered about the group all the time.

"I think it still could have worked. It just kind of felt like you and Kirsten decided we weren't good enough anymore. It hurt a lot to watch you guys leave." Delilah admitted, she understood they were all different and had different interests, but it could have worked, right?
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Skye smiles, "Yeah, I'd appreciate it if we did not throw up." For Delilah's sake as well as Skye's own. The last thing she wanted was for Delilah's first experience drinking alcohol to end with her throwing it all up.

Skye remembers when they started to grow apart. She and Kirsten started hanging out with the older girls, then one thing led to another. "Yeah." Is all Skye can say. She feels bad, but at the same time, she needed to find herself outside of just bossy skye from the cul de sac. She needed to make friends that weren't legacies. She needed to be her own person. So, growing apart was for the best. Thats the way she saw it anyways.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:55 pm
Delilah made sure to be careful with the water but as the two were at a stalemate of silence she finished her second cup of water and poured the third, "I'm ready to head upstairs." Delilah said to Skye, she didn't want to just wander in the house, she could if she wanted to, but it just seemed more respectful to wait. "I understand we all have to grow apart and branch out, meet new people, but it'd really suck if the next time we all got together again was for someone in the group's funeral, you know? we don't have to be best friends all the time, but none of us are really that in touch anymore. Anyways, I realize it's a downer of a topic. Did we finish naming all the spice girls? if so we could always go onto the N'Sync and say who is who." Delilah said with a giant grin on her face.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 pm

"First of all, if your funeral scenario had to happen, it better be Theighlurs. The last thing we need is him outliving all of us," Though, through dumb luck he just might. Skye starts walking back to the stairs, quietly walking up them so she doesn't wake her grandparents. Still, her grandfather's snoring is already drowning out all noise from upstairs, so they were probably good.

When they get to her room, Skye shuts the door. "I mean, Lachlan has got to be Justin Timberlake, right? It just makes sense."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:38 pm
Once they got to Skye's room she heard the reference that Lachlan had to be justin timberlake and she couldn't help but snort laugh at the idea and shook her head trying to imagine it. "Remember that time he almost got frosted tips? He's so lucky to have us talk him out of it." Delilah said still laughing and then she had an idea pop into her and a devilish grin popped on her face.

"You know what he haven't played in awhile? We could play a revamped version now since we're older... Marry, bang, kill. If we play we have to do Tieghlur, Lachlan, and Monroe." Delilah said laughing it'd be the easiest set of people to choose from if she were being completely honest.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:37 am

Skye snorts at the memory of Lachlan and the incident of the almost frosted tips. She knows he was trying to bring the trend back, but honestly, it wasn't the trend he should've tried to revive. She's partial to the 90s teen heartthrob hair. She used to watch Boy Meets World religiously when she was was like nine. She was obsessed with Rider Strong.

"Oh god," Skye says, sitting on her bed and laying down sideways so that her legs were still hanging off the edge, "Well kill thighlighter. Thats a given." She pauses for a bit thinking on her other two options, finally she says, "Marry Monroe, because he's a sweetheart. Bang Lachlan because I would not be able to marry him without wanting to murder him like four hours in. What about you?"
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:48 am
Delilah had sipped on the water for a little bit more before she set it down on a hard surface. From that moment she crawled onto Skye's bed and laid across it in a similar fashion next to her as Skye described her choices for marry, bang and kill. The first choice was the most obvious one, she wasn't sure who would choose to keep him alive, maybe his future girlfriend if that ever happened... she doubted that poor girl would want to keep him alive either. She laughed at the Lachlan response and how she'd have to bang him because she couldn't live with him.

"Fair enough." Delilah said and then when she asked about her she looked over to Skye, "That's an easy one for me. Obviously kill Thieyleure, and then I'd have to say bang Monroe, I dunno he has those washboard abs Tyilr keeps talking about, it makes sense, and then I'd have to marry Lachlan, but only because I don't I could physically sleep with Lachlan, he's more like a brother, so I could put up with a wedding ceremony, and then after it'd just be an open marriage. " The daughter of Epione explained. "Your turn to give a set of names."
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:08 am

"Well," Skye starts. She knew how to make this go bad real quick. So, she did, "Okay. Bang marry kill. Thighleur, Carter, Kirsten."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:11 am
"Do you hate me Skye?" Delilah asked her. She felt like this was a trap and she felt a little stumped at this point. "Again.. Kill Tieghlur. Bang Kirsten because why not better than the other two, and marry Carter. Your go."
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:15 am

"Shit, that's what I was going to say. But honestly, banging Kirsten wouldn't be a hard choice. She's hot." Skye pauses for a moment before looking over at Delilah, "You would actually bang Kirsten though?" She never realized that that was something Delilah would be down for. Hypothetical or not. I mean, Skye's open about her pansexuality, so it probably isn't a surprise. Delilah on the other hand.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:56 am
Delilah couldn't help but laugh, it was a hard chocie but once you gave it some more thought it just made sense on who to pick for what. But when Skye began to ask if she would actually do it, she could feel a little bit of the nerves kick in. Of course she would, but it wasn't largely known information, and sometimes she even struggled with it. Lets be honest if she were more sober she would have had an even worse of a time trying to say something about it. "Well I mean.. Yeah probably." Delilah said. "Maybe not kirsten given a choice of anyone else, but I wouldn't be opposed."
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:14 pm

Skye looks over at Delilah, studying her face for a moment. She wasn't sure what she was looking for, maybe a wide smile and a 'gotcha!', but all she saw was the kind of honesty that you get once you're smashed. She isn't sure how she feels about it all. Well, not the fact that Lilah had just come out to her. That part leaves her feeling touched and happy. Its just something else. Except she's shaking it away, instead saying, "Thank you for telling me."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:24 pm

Laying there on the other girl's bed confessing a truth that she had never been able to even say aloud to herself before was a nice feeling. Was this what it felt like to be completely honest about who you were? As her mind wandered off she laughed a little, "You're welcome, I don't know if I'm going to remember this in the morning." Delilah said shaking her head and then looking over to Skye. "You might have to remind me what I said to you...If you even remember." She said with a bit of a sigh before speaking again, "Thank you for inviting me out Skye. I appreciate it, I really do." Was she hitting that point of drunk where she was going to delve into deep and sappy again? Gods she really hoped not, so she figured she'd save herself a little, "It was fun."
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:52 pm

Skye is starting to get uncomfortable, and it feels like she's about to slide off the bed, yet she doesn't move. Most of the buzz has worn off, leaving her almost sober. Something is starting to grow in the pit of her stomach. It isn't nausea, she knows that. That feeling that she can't explain is starting to grow and grow and grow, yet she tries to fight it off. She's suddenly aware of everything happening around her. The sounds from the open window, filling the moment of silence in the air, the night seems to grow even warmer.

Words seem to get stuck in her throat, but she gets them out eventually, soft and barely audible, "Anytime." Then she pauses for a second, and says something she probably said earlier, "I'm sorry. For leaving. I thought I was too cool for you guys, but I think I was wrong."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:13 am
Hearing the apology was something that sounded foreign to her ears, not because she felt it was uncommon for Skye to apologize, but more because she just never expected to hear apologies, she was always the one trying to say sorry and make amends with other people. Delilah tried so painstakingly hard to make sure people were happy and to make sure that they were fine, so even if it weren't her fault she'd apologize anyways because someone always had to rise above and just say it.

Her facial features softened and she could feel a warmth about the apology, she could tell it was genuine to its core and at this point the brunette just stared at the ceiling as she thought about what words to say next, but she couldn't help but get this stupid grin on her face. "It's okay." Delilah spoke the words ever so softly and there was just a sense of peace about the whole situation.

There was a bit of silence after as she could feel the coolish breeze on her skin which was nice. She looked back over to Skye, "I forgive you. I'm sorry there wasn't much more growth we could have offered as a group. I honestly just missed nights like these."

Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:39 am

Skye can't help but match the smile on Delilah's face. There's something that always happens whenever Delilah smiles, everything just gets a bit more intense. The air gets hotter, the crickets get louder, the feeling in her stomach that she can barely resist is almost taking her over at this point. Skye's eyes don't move away from Delilah, and suddenly she's just aware of her breathing, shallow and slow.

"Its not your fault," She says, and she means it. It was her choice to leave, her choice to ditch them for the chance to feel popular. She never wanted Delilah to feel responsible. In all honesty, Delilah probably didn't deserve her. "But I missed this too." Though, this is starting to feel different from the sleepovers they had when they were eleven. She had never felt this feeling that she's starting to realize are actual butterflies in her stomach. They had never been this close, yet all Skye feels is like there's a chasm between them. Is this how its supposed to be when you're reconnecting with an old friend? In a way, Skye already knows the answer.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:17 pm
Lilah studied Skye's face. She had seen Skye's face so many times over the passed ten years that she can truly remember, but she never looked at her in this way before. It was hard to say how it was different from all the times before, it just felt like a genuine raw moment, almost as if she were truly seeing Skye for the first time. It was that or she was completely gone in terms of being drunk at this moment, but deep down in her core she knew it were the former rather than the latter.

Without even realizing it she had been holding her breath waiting for the next words that could possibly come out of Skye's mouth. There was a warmth radiating within herself, she felt a little giddy just clinging onto every word that Skye said in the moment especially when she mentioned she missed these nights too. The dark brunette in the Jonas brothers shirt realized that this sleepover seemed a little different than the others, but it wasn't a bad different, not from her point of view. It was only a moments notice that she realized she had been looking at Skye for so long and she immediately looked back at the ceiling feeling colour flush into her cheeks a little embarrassed. She had just came out to Skye, she felt the last thing needed was to come across as if her whole point of saying it was to say she liked her. Wait. Is that what was happening here? Surely it wasn't so Delilah did what she did best and tried pushing  down her emotions more.

"Either way, I forgive you Skye." The daughter of Epione spoke softly still looking up at the ceiling before glancing slightly back over to Skye. "I could never be mad at you."
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:06 pm

Skye can't help but smile at Delilah's comment, "Really?" She asked, "Never?" She was teasing at this point, secretly trying to get past the feeling of butterflies and the tiny voice in her head urging her to just do it. Here are the facts. Her childhood best friend is laying next to her, they're both into girls, and they're both still a little drunk. She knows how this is supposed to go, except she knows that things will change afterwards. Though, sometimes change is like taking a leap off a cliff, you just have to say 'fuck it' and jump. So, this was her jump, her leap of faith.

So, Skye kisses Delilah. Suddenly the butterflies are gone, and it feels like she can breathe easily. She feels the night, hot and humid, all around her. She can hear the crickets and the sounds of the night. Except all she can focus on is the feeling of Delilah's lips on hers. She can still taste the remnants of terrible moonshine Delilah's lips, and suddenly she's reminded that they were both drinking and something in the back of her head is telling her not to take advantage of Delilah. So, she pulls away, searching Delilah's eyes for some sort of affirmation that this is alright.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:20 pm

It was a brief moment of silence between the two of them. All she was wondering was what Skye was thinking. Was Skye having a similar problem? She knew that Skye was pansexual, but just because she came out as bisexual, didn't mean that Skye had to like her, truth was not all girls were going to like you, it didn't work like that. You couldn't just pair people up because they both had an interest in the same thing as you did. That being said it felt like there was more than just that there. She had known Skye for so long and she just felt comfortable with her, Delilah trusted her and knew that she'd always be there even if she wasn't physically there.

It happened an instant the dam that was holding all of her emotions back to stop her from feeling had broken and her emotions were coming out of the gates like rushing water falling into the drought of a stream, and in some way it was as if Skye had read her mind, because in moments later she felt Skye's lips on hers. It was a weird moment of being startled, but then just finding ease with it. It was a moment that Lilah wanted to cling onto, but in a few moments, Skye had pulled away which just left Delilah looking at Skye with all the endearment in the world, she placed her hand on Skye's cheek, her index finger resting on her jawline and her thumb softly moving over her cheek for a moment, before she slowly leaned in and pressed her lips to Skye's yet again.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum