Go down
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Ripples (p) Empty Ripples (p)

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 pm

If there was one thing that Delilah could say about the Greek camp, it was the fact that it was a million times better than that whatever it was place that they had spent time in while they had retrieved the item they needed. Delilah was only at the Greek camp because it was a place they could stop at to re-energize for a day before they made their trek back to Camp Jupiter. There were obvious differences between the two of them, but yet they were the same. Lilah almost felt a sense of comfort being at Camp Half Blood, it seemed far more lax than her camp and she felt as if she could have thrived in an environment like this.

The young brunette had found her way to the beach, it was nice to just sit on the warm sand and stare out into the water, it was reminiscent of her backyard back home, but instead of the large body of water it was just a tiny little pond. Delilah wasn't sure if she'd even talk to many people here, she talked to a few, but mostly just Finn took care of the talking for her. He was a true lineage of cupid after all, she didn't take too much after Cupid.
Fauna
Fauna

Ripples (p) Empty Re: Ripples (p)

Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 am
having decided to stretch her legs, Fauna was heading up to the sea front; wearing a light blue dress with a knee-length skirt, blue silk stockings and blue and white high heels. Wandering around, the sea hair brushing up her skirt and her long curly black hair. She eventually arrived at the beach and saw a young girl sitting on the beach, watching the waves coming in and out.

She couldn't remember seeing her before so she wondered if she was a new camper. So, she slowly but surely headed down to the sea front and came over to her with her usual motherly smile and her presence radiating a warm, motherly feeling.

"Hello sweetheart; I don't think I've seen you around before" She, having a look towards the sea.

"It's a nice view isn't it? it's nice to come down here to relax and listen to the sea" She said softly while listening for the girl's response.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:41 am
The young girl had been so intently watching the waves as they would come in and come out, but not only that her eyes had been taken by the shimmer the sun had on the open water. You could see the sun and the blue sky's reflection in the water, some things were truly wondrous and this was a sight she surely wouldn't forget. Lilah was incredibly tankful that she was just wearing leggings today instead of a dress, because sitting on the sand without pants probably would have bothered her skin. Her shirt was just a little white blouse that wasn't too formal nor too casual. Her brown locks would tend to get wispy in the air.

Due to the fact she was so focused it startled her when she heard a voice and she let out a little yelp at the time and placed her hand on her chest before she calmed herself immediately and turned to look at where the voice was coming from, it appeared to have been a slightly older girl, probably around the same age as her sister.

"I don't go here." Delilah admitted softly giving a smile to the girl.

"We don't have anything like this back where I'm from. We eventually have the ocean of course, but not within our camp. It reminds me of home a little bit being out here." The brunette admitted to the older girl.
Fauna
Fauna

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:48 am
Fauna smiled and sat down by her.

"I see, your from the roman side, that makes sense as to why I've not seen you around before. And indeed, although I never lived by the sea when I was back in England, but it's always nice to come out here and listen to the sea. So I can understand being homesick" She explained, mentioning the fact she wasn't native to america, but to Britain. Her British accent only cemented the fact that she wasn't from america.

"Oh do forgive me, I should introduce myself; I'm Fauna Reacher, the cabin twenty-eight counselor. What's your name, sweetheart?"
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 pm
"I don't so much feel homesick per say. It's just a reminder of home. I grew up in New Rome so I never really had a chance to go elsewhere." Delilah mentioned to the older girl who had now taken a seat next to her not long before she'd introduce herself as Fauna Reacher, Lilah nodded as she took in the new information and tried to make it sink down into her long term memory.

"I'm Delilah Lockwood, daughter of Epione and legacy of Cupid." Delilah smiled as she talked about her lineage, she was proud of it some days, but other days she would wish she had more offensive powers for combat, but that just wasn't it for her. It would surely help out in battles, but luckily Delilah wasn't in many of those either, which is why in some aspects she wished she was in a more laid back place like this, New Rome and Camp Jupiter could be rather uptight at times. "We don't really have cabins where I'm from though, we have cohorts, five of them." She stated simply.
Fauna
Fauna

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:23 pm
"I understand, sweetheart; guess that's just me; sometimes I miss being in england, but there's enough here to make me want to stay and help when I can" She answered back softly. The girl introduced herself as Delilah Lockwood, daughter of Epione and something called a legacy of cupid. A term that she wasn't really familiar with.

"I see; its nice to meet you, Delilah. I'm a daughter of Cybele myself. Although I must ask; what is a legacy? It's just I've never heard the term before" She asked, curious as to what she meant by that. She listen to her explain about the place she stayed in new rome, the cohorts.

"I see, although are they as comfortable as our cabins are? Forgive me if I'm overstepping boundaries, it's just I've not visited new rome myself so I was wondering what it was like for you to live there"
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:08 am
"Likewise, Fauna." Delilah said to the girl in response to saying it was nice meeting her, it just so happened to be how she spoke with people she didn't know, her dad had drilled that into her head a million times over by this point. "Oh legacies? Well it basically just means your lineage has more than one god in it. For example some people have parents who are demigods. Say my friend Skye for example, her mother was a legacy because her mother's parents are both demigods. Skye is a demigod legacy like myself because of A) her grandparents being demigods and B) her mom ended up conceiving child with a god. I myself am a demigod legacy, but in the sense that my father is a son of cupid and he had me with the goddess Epione." Delilah said going on about legacies for a minute, she didn't realize the Greeks didn't have them, or if they did they were probably scarce in number so far, but that'd probably start changing soon.

"The barracks are decent in shape. We don't treat our people like garbage or anything. I don't stay in the barracks all the time. My father is quite wealthy and he owns a home in New Rome, so often times I stay there."
Fauna
Fauna

Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 pm
Fauna listened to Delilah explained what Legacies were.

"ah, I see; so if I had a baby with someone, they would count as my Legacy since one of his or her parents were a demi god. That makes sense and probably keep that in mind once I have a baby or three of my own, haha" She said with a warm laugh at the end.

"That's fair enough; just the sound of barracks don't sound overall comfortable and makes it sound like living in the Ares cabin. I didn't know you could get homes in new rome; have you ever seen greek half bloods over there? I heard that once your twenty or over, you leave the camp here and I've heard of some going to live in new rome" She asked curiously, she didn't really know all that much about the new rome camp since she hadn't really visited it and her knowledge was to the greek side of things.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:49 pm
When the question came about about Greeks at New Rome she had to pause and think about it for a minute, she knew of the concept and she knew the invite was there. To be completely honest she didn't run into that many of them, but she knew they existed there.

"Well, most of the Greeks that end up coming over are quite older than I am and they usually attend our university and work in the city there. I am more on the camp side of things until I'm done my full ten years of service. If you complete ten years of service you get free tuition at the university. But back to the Greek thing, they're around for sure and they just get little apartments and stuff there to the best of my knowledge. My older sister Juliana goes to school with some of the Greeks, I know she's mentioned that much." Delilah said with a bit of a shrug.
Fauna
Fauna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:54 pm
"I see, just I'll be twenty years old by the end of the year, so I'll have to move out of the camp. Just I hear people recommending new rome, so I wanted to ask to be sure. I'm glad to hear that's the case. I guess the only thing I worry about is that I don't want to stop being the cabin counselor for my cabin; I like being there, it's cozy and I like helping the new campers come in, it just makes me happy and I'd hate to loose that for anything" She explained, displaying the passion she had for helping others, especially newer campers that came in as it suited her maternal instincts and her love of children.

"So what are your plans from here, honey?"
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:02 pm
"Well sometimes we have to lose things and close other doors to move on to ones that may provide us an even better one. If you get a great opportunity like this I would say take it. It sucks to be away from what you've known as home and it will be difficult at first, but you'll get to meet more people your age and you'll to meet people who change your view on things completely. It'll be a time for growth and the reason I know that is because there's fear about it. If you have fear about it, it's a change that could potentially be good for you. You may even find the love of your life or you may find a new passion, never let anything stop you from progressing in life, not even fear." Delilah explained going on a little bit of a speech in a sense.

"I'm going to go back to Camp Jupiter after this, finish out my service potentially. I would really like to go into journalism, I enjoy writing and telling stories. I like to report on the things going on." She said with a bit of a shrug, her future wasn't exactly known.
Fauna
Fauna

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:27 pm
She listens patiently to her and waits for her to be done before responding.

"I understand that; I'm sure I could do stuff in new rome, but...I just can't bring myself to leave when so many kids come in, scared to hell from monsters and stuff and I want to be there for them, to comfort them and help them come to terms with things. it's simply what I'm passionate for; children is what I love. Well, shopping and cooking too, but I love kids with all my heart too, even if they are not my own and even if I have to leave here, It won't stop me coming back. That's simply the kind of person I am" She said softly, the smile never leaving her face, although it wasn't a beaming smile, more a passionate one. She wasn't sure if the girl could understand how strong her maternal instincts were and just hold badly she wanted to be around kids and to be there to comfort them and help them through what for most would be a lost of the world as they knew it.

"That sounds good. At some point, I'd probably go into child care or cooking, get a job in one of those and then have children of my own. As for me, I'll head back to my cabin and do some baking since that's what I enjoy doing. It's been nice to talk to you, Delilah" She said before she stood up and began to head off.

"Don't be afraid to pop round if ever you need to talk to me" She said, giving her a wave as she headed off.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum