Go down
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

I can save us (p) Empty I can save us (p)

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:06 pm

It had been three days after the flashing red and blue lights of the New Rome Police had ended up at her door. It was an emotional time watching them come up to her father and tell him that we was being arrested for two different forms of crimes. At this point she had been talking with Akemi Tanaka about having her be her father's lawyer. Everything had just been way too stressful lately and Delilah really didn't want to go through her father's stuff, but there was a lot to work through.

Due to the high amount of work she decided to invite Monroe over. It wasn't normal for Delilah to have friends over, no one had seen beyond the foyer ever except one time and it hadn't been any of the Cul De Six group oddly enough. It was something she still would take to the grave not letting her father know about it. Once he had come over she showed him up the stairs and through the wooden doors that led to the hallway that contained all the bedrooms and the study.

"I figured we could start with my dad's room, I doubt he has a lot of stuff in there to sort into boxes to put into storage. In all honesty Monroe, I've never even seen his room before..." She said as they stood in front of her father's door now and the nerves swept in. The reason she called Monroe over was because he was one of her direct next door neighbours, that and he was the only one that kept in consistent touch with her. "You ready?" She asked taking a breath before she looked back to the door and turned the door knob opening the door to reveal her father's bedroom.
Vega

I can save us (p) Empty Re: I can save us (p)

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:24 pm
I can save us (p) D3f4f53fd49c01539bbdb11e7896b533

Monroe followed his long time friend through her house, it was weird that he didn’t know his way around. He knew other friends houses just as well as his own, yet not one of his best friends. It dawned on him then, that they never hung out over here. It was always outside, in Lachlan’s club house, or just on the streets. Had Delilah ever even seen the inside of his own house? Monroe suddenly wondered. But his mother threw to many parties, so she probably had been to his house at some point. Why was he thinking about this right now?

He stopped in his tracks a couple inches behind her. Monroe had nothing to be nervous about, and he wondered why she didn’t just open the door. Apparently, she didn’t even know her own house to well, he thought to himself, as she asked if he was ready. Ready for what?

“I think I should be asking you that, Lilah.” He answered, giving her a small smile, hoping to make her less nervous, as she opened the door. The master bedroom was just as nice as the rest of the house, that much Monroe knew for certain. It definitely screamed Mr. Lockwood though. No one else could decorate like that.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:35 pm

Lilah flashed Monroe a small smile as he humoured her a little bit. After a small roll of the eyes she looked back to her father's room and took a few steps into it. It was reminiscent of her own room. It had opaque white curtains with white oak floors. The wall was a light blue colour and the room was just very open, if anything Lilah was surprised to his his room like this. She didn't know what she expected, but she didn't kept this. There was a king bed centered perfectly on the wall with two matching night stands on either side.

"Well, I never been in here before. He never let us in, that or he just wasn't in here very often. I wasn't sure what to expect." She said as she walked farther into her father's room and up to the window. From there she could see out in the backyard, probably one of the only places other than the backyard where you could see it, other than that the fence was so high no one could have really peered in and not even Tieghlur could jump that fence.

"It feels a little odd having you in here." Delilah admitted as she turned away from the window and seen a closet door. "This is probably where most of his stuff is, if he even has stuff, I'm starting to become doubtful, to be honest." For some reason she could have sworn he would have more possessions than this, but apparently not. Upon opening the closet door though there were suits and nice jackets hung up in the closet, but on the shelves is where you'd find boxes upon boxes with various things in them. "I don't even know what would be in those, I just know I could use your height to get them down."
Vega

Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:46 am

“It feels a bit weird being here.” Monroe agreed, it really was weird they had never hung out at each other’s houses before. But they would just have to get over that, they had work to do. He did glance over to the windows though, from how the house was built, Monroe knew the window faced the backyard. Which in all honesty the tall fences that surrounded it, had always been way more interesting then what the interior of the house had looked like. Even growing up, they had always joked about what the high fences might hide. But they never investigated, Monroe couldn’t remember why not, and he wasn’t going to find out today either.

Monroe looked to the closet, as Delilah opened it and started talking. The closet held mostly suits and jackets. There were a couple shelves above the bar that the clothes were hanging from that held boxes. Easy enough, he reached up and took down the first couple. He figured they could clear a few out, then bring the rest of them down. That way things didn’t get to disorganized. There were quite a few boxes to go through.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 am

After Monroe had handed her some of the boxes she took them over to her father's bed and placed them down. Part of her was hesitant to just open them, she felt as if though she was sneaking into his room for the first time and he'd come around the corner any minute and get mad at her. How would that be possible though? Especially considering the last few moments she spent with her dad before he went off to prison he acted like he used to, he had so much care for her in those moments, now if she wanted the bandages changed on her back she had to go see her sister Juliana. At least she was wanting to be a nurse.

"How's your brother doing?" Delilah asked as she began to open the box to see what was in it, this one in particular was just paperwork, which in reality she should look at, but there was a time for that later, so she went to the second one she had on the bed and began to open the lid to see what was inside. This box seemed to have a collection of things. Baby photos, toddler photos, hers and Juliana's baby shoes, they were even two little scrap books in there. "Wow, I didn't peg my dad to be so sentimental about these things." Delilah admitted.
Vega

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:43 pm

Monroe shrugged. His older brother was busy with college finals, even when he was home he was still locking himself in his room to study. Now that he thought about it, he hadn’t actually talked to his brother all week. “He’s stressing over finals. Per usual.” He answered, as he sat down leaning up against the leg of the bed to help her sort out all the papers. And all the pictures, he tried his best to refrain from laughing at the ones the other girl would find embarrassing. He did take notice that most of the pictures were taken of before she’d ever really remember them being taken. No wonder she didn’t think he was sentimental. Which would be the exact opposite of his mother.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:52 am
Delilah shook her head slightly when she heard about Monroe's older brother stressing about finals again. It was typical of him to be stressing over them, it happened all the time. She looked over to Monroe, "Classic older bro right there for you." She sighed softly looking around the big empty room, it only reminded her that the rest of the place was rather empty too, part of why she had invited Monroe over. "Jules is just working part time and schooling part time and any extra time gets spent with her precious Augustine." It was a normal thing these days and much like Lachlan was like a brother to her, Augustine was becoming that way for her as well, especially since Augustine was around for different events in Jules' life now.
Vega

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:42 am

Monroe nodded. His brother was only cool when there was nothing for the guy to stress about. But when you grow up in New Rome, there’s usually always something to stress about. “Where’s Jules working at?” Monroe asked, keeping the small talk going. It filled the silence, since it was weird hanging out in his friends dads room while going through the mans stuff.

Once they finished the couple boxes that had been sitting on the bed. Monroe jumped up to grab the last few from the top shelf of the closet. “These last three look to be the last. Unless there’s more way back where I can’t see.”
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 pm
"She works at one of the bars in downtown New Rome. She is usually a waitress or a bar tender there. Dad wasn't too thrilled about the job, but Jules wanted to try and support herself, hence why she has her own little apartment. In truth she probably got that so she could spend more alone time with Augustine. There's only so many times you can take over the guest house before your little brother needs it apparently." Delilah said rolling her eyes thinking about the many times that Juliana had mentioned Lachlan needing the space too.

"Okay, last three boxes, that's not so bad." Delilah said and then opened one of them. Inside were various collectibles or some sort. "I feel like my dad was a hoarder at this point and just didn't want to admit it." Delilah said going through the stuff. Most of the collectibles seemed to be various comic book things. Comic books, action figures from the comic books.

"Wow my dad was a closet nerd, who knew." But then when she opened the other box it was filled with a bunch of photos, it took her a minute to figure out what they were, but then immediately she shoved the box away, "Gross, I didn't need to see pictures of people that my dad's slept with." Delilah said making a gagging sound.
Vega

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:43 am
"Well at least we know the guest house is still being used." Monroe smirked. Looking through the box of comic book stuff, Monroe had definitely went through a nerd phase when he was younger. He did grow out of it, for the most part. He was still interested in the comics Mr. Lockwood had apparently. They were all the original ones, that you couldn't buy anymore. "He's got all the good ones too." Monroe mumbled.

The box Delilah shoved away in disgust, was shoved right in front of his view. And it's not like he wanted to look inside, but when a box is suddenly shoved into your direction it's just natural instinct to look over at it. Which he did. And there his eyes fell right to the top picture. "Is that my mom?!" He asked, of course he definitely didn't want an answer. Instead he shoved the box closed, and pushed it away.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:51 pm
Delilah shook her head and shuddered at the thought of it. There was a sense of relief when Monroe closed the box and shoved it away. "I don't want to know." Delilah said and got up off the bed to put some of the boxes by the door so they could go into storage. "Well I'm going to call it a day on going through his things, because I don't want to find other things that could be lurking around." She said shaking her head and then got up to leave the room. "Did you want to order a pizza or something? We could always go over to your house or something too." Delilah said, it was a little odd to have people in the house after so long of not having them in there. Oliver had been a little bit different because Oliver was invited over when she was damn near wasted and it was a lot easier to entertain people when she was sober and had to do it.
Vega

Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:17 am
Pizza sounded like a good idea. But his mom was actually home tonight not locked in her studio, and she was making dinner as they spoke right now. "Can't do pizza. But my moms making dinner if you want to come over." He said, before he could think about it. He had never had any of them over his house for more than five minutes at a time. It would probably be really weird. And his mom was probably going to be very much herself tonight. And after what he had just seen in Mr. Lockwood's box, having someone other than his older brother there would probably be helpful. He was basically traumatized at this point.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:18 am
The contents of the boxes had been weird and she knew the only other thing that would be weird in this moment was to go over to Monroe's house. They were close at times and spent time together but neither of them had spent time at each others' houses, they would just hang out outside or somewhere in camp for the most part away from everything else. She would have just declined dinner with Monroe and his mother, but anything was better than staying in this empty house. "Dinner sounds good, a home cooked meal might actually be nice." She said as she walked down the hall.
Vega

Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:43 am
"My mom has been trying to get me to have friends over for dinner, for years. It'll only be slightly weird. I promise." Monroe says, giving her a smile. It was true, his mom loved having the chance to show off her cooking skills. and given the chance to embarrass her kids, was her second favorite thing. Having friends over for dinner was a win/win situation for the woman, and he and his brother had done their best to avoid having friends stay for dinner for years. Successful only half the time.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:19 pm
"Only slgihtly weird." Delilah repeated with a bit of a laugh as they began to walk down the stairs to go towards the front of her house. Delilah could remember a few things about Monroe's mom from when they grew up. She was a nice lady and she seemed to be one of the better parents that existed on the cul de sac. She was always warm and inviting, but yet most of them still hung out at Lachlan's. "Do you know what she's making yet" Delilah aske.d
Vega

Thu May 30, 2019 8:44 am
"No clue." Monroe says, honestly. His mother was a great cook, he couldn't lie about that, but she was only really good at following the recipe book. She was not too great at experimenting on her own. And from what she had mentioned earlier today, her exact words were "I'm gonna try something new tonight." And that statement was usually followed by a very hit or miss dinner that night. Worse come to worse, she'd just end up ordering pizza, at least she wasn't blind to her own bad cooking.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum