Go down
Fauna
Fauna

You can find the sweetest things (Private) Empty You can find the sweetest things (Private)

Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:01 pm
You have to admit, you can find the sweetest things here. These were the thoughts of Fauna as she gracefully wandered through the strawberry field with a woven basket on her right harm while wearing a lovely white summer dress with a matching hat, stockings and high heels, her blood red eyes scanning the various plants and picking out the ripest and tastiest strawberries she could see.

"Mhmm these look so good; They will be perfect for a strawberry cheesecake" She said softly to herself with a smile on her face; her lips shiny with red lipstick and a matching style of eyeshadow; she was a equal for the children of Aphrodite any day.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi
https://bophedeez.tumblr.com/

You can find the sweetest things (Private) Empty Re: You can find the sweetest things (Private)

Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:31 pm
Sean walked between the rows of strawberries with his basket tucked under his arm and the sun in his face. He squinted, looking down the long stretch of strawberry bushes. The only thing about being a year-rounder that Sean didn't like was the requirement to pick strawberries.

I know these strawberries are the Camp's main source of mortal income, thought Sean, but why does he have us doing this job? Why can't the satyrs or the nymphs do it? He continued down this specific row for a while. Overripened strawberries were squished into the earth under the orange converses he wore that matched his hair and camp t-shirt. 

I'd much rather be at the beach, he continued to think to himself. Why does capture the flag have to be at the end of the day? How come it's so hot? Didn't Chiron say that the weather is supposed to be perfect? It doesn't feel so perfect to me. Why does–

Sean stopped in his tracks. A few yards ahead of him stood a beautiful young lady, a college student by Sean's guesses. She was beautiful in a similar way to how Aphrodite, Venus, and Cupid kids were: she had an aura about her that felt supernatural. But there was something different about her beauty and how it made Sean feel. It was a kind of beauty that was... cozy. Like a cup of hot chocolate on a chilly fall day or being wrapped in a thick wool blanket while watching movies. Sean couldn't quite put his finger on it, but there was something about this young lady that went beyond traditional beauty. Sean hastily swept the hair on his forehead to the side, straightened his shirt, and walked up to the young lady. 

Hi there, Sean said, his voice cracking a little. He paused, cleared his throat, and tried again. Uh, hi. My name is Sean, and I'm new to camp... What's your name?
Fauna
Fauna

You can find the sweetest things (Private) Empty Re: You can find the sweetest things (Private)

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:14 pm
Fauna, as she was going through the strawberries when she heard a voice from behind her. Turning towards the direction of the voice stood a really cute boy. He had bright green eyes, hair as red as the strawberries around them and to wrap the whole package up; he had freckles, which made him look so adorable. He introduced himself as Sean, saying he was new to the camp and asking her name. Her smile widened.

"Oh you look like the sweetest thing, dear. My name is Fauna Reacher. It's so nice to have new members here, your all so adorable and sweet" She said, gently rubbing his ruby red hair like a mother with her child. The feelings of motherly love practically radiated from her.

"I'm one of the older ones here and I love helping all our new members get used to things. Plus I love being around kids like you, your all so sweet and lovely. Were you sent to gather strawberries for sale? If you want, maybe we should pick together, plus I was thinking of keeping some and making a lovely strawberry cheesecake. Maybe if we work together and finish her, maybe you can help me make it and try it" She smiled sweetly. It would be pretty obvious to the young boy that she wasn't from America, but across the waves to the strange, tea-drinking land of England from her native british accent.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:20 pm
Cheesecake? Yeah, that sounds like fun! Sean said. All of a sudden, the complaints he had before melted away, like ice cream in the summer heat. There was something about Fauna that made him comfortable, and the way she called him sweet held the same tone his mother used. Her British accent made him feel like she was fancy, almost like royalty. Cheesecake? Yeah, that sounds like fun! Sean said. All of a sudden, the complaints he had before melted away, like ice cream in the summer heat. There was something about Fauna that made him comfortable, and the way she called him sweet held the same tone his mother used. Her British accent made him feel like she was fancy, almost like royalty. 

Royalty? Sean thought to himself, She's the daughter of a god! or goddess? I'm not sure, but that makes her a step above royalty... Technically, that makes me a step above royalty too... but I'm not the one with the Brittish accent! Sean began to pick strawberries nearby with a smile on his face. That cozy feeling persisted, and he wanted to know why. 

Is that her power? He thought. Maybe her godly parent is, like, the god or goddess of good feelings? Maybe they're the god of fanciness. Maybe she's a goddess, and she has a quest for me or something! Sean did recall hearing about demigods meeting their parents and other gods in human forms. He had to figure it out.

Sean turned to Fauna and asked, I have a question... I feel really... nice around you? I don't know how to describe it, really. So, I just want to know, are you a demigod? Or are you like a goddess or something? Because you seem different than other demigods here. 
Fauna
Fauna

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:39 pm
"Then its a deal" She smiled warmly, giving his hair another gently rub before she would go around with Sean, collecting strawberries. She seemed to positively glow with the warm, motherly smile on her face as they went around, the baskets filling quickly with ripe, fresh strawberries.

After a while, Sean told her that he felt nice around her and he wasn't sure why, he then asked her if she was a demi god or a goddess. She smiled, kneeling down a little and rubbing his cheek.

"Your so adorable when your all shy, its really cute. As flattering as it is, sweetie; I'm not a goddess, but the child of one, so I'm one of the demi gods here. Although we don't tend to call ourselves them, makes us seem really pompous, so we call ourselves half-bloods instead. She explained softly to him, "I've always been the kind of person who cares about people, especially adorable kids like you; just being around kids makes me happy. I guess its just in my nature. Although if you want to know, my godly parent is called Cybele; she's a nature goddess and a fairly strong one at that. Doesn't quite get the name recognition of someone like Demeter, but she's a goddess of mountains, wild animals and fertile nature" She explained, completely relaxed in the way she spoke to him and very open to discussing the topic of godly parents. She came over to a strawberry plant, yet to bloom.

"Watch, sweet Sean" She said as she raised her hand to the strawberry plant and it seemed to bloom and grow strawberries at a rapidly accelerated rate, producing ripe strawberries and she took them. It seemed even the plant life responded to her fertile nature and the abilities that dawned within her. "The children of Demeter can do more varied things with nature, but you can say I have a few tricks of my own when it comes to nature"
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:45 pm
Half-bloods... got it, Sean said. He felt that Fauna's openness was very nice, and taking the time to explain exactly what half-bloods were to Sean was exactly what he needed. She was patient with him, which was something many of the campers here seemed to lack. Everyone was either rushing to get to the next activity or trying to get the best seat by the bonfire. No one seemed to try to sit back and take in the scenery. Then again, neither could Sean sometimes as his ADHD would get the best of him and he'd need to find something to do with his hands. Sean heard Fauna tell him to watch, and what followed amazed him.

Sean watched in awe as the strawberry plant before him bloomed almost instantaneously. Within seconds, he watched it grow into a ready and ripe plant with juicy strawberries waiting to be plucked.

Wow! Sean exclaimed. He quickly plucked one from the bush and placed it in his basket. Can you do that with all of them? He asked as he waved his hand around trying to point to the whole field.
Fauna
Fauna

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:18 am
She found Sean's excitement adorable, one of the many reasons she liked being around kids and new campers; they were always such a delight to be around and so excitable.

"I can only do ones that are not yet fertilized and not in bloom, let's see if I can find some" She said as she would lead him around the strawberry field till she found a large patch of strawberry plants not yet in bloom. She closed her eyes and let her fertile nature flow out around her, causing the plants to start rapidly growing and blooming, once again blooming into ripe, juicy strawberries.

"Feel free to pick them. Then once we drop them off, we can take some back to make a cheesecake with. Should we go to my cabin or yours? Oh forgive my rudeness, I forgot to ask; what cabin were you assigned to? normally you get sent to one by Chiron once you arrive"
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:10 pm
Uh... I'm in the Athena cabin. I wouldn't go in there, though, Sean said, thinking about the idea of having to share cheesecake with his cabinmates. It's a bit of a mess. There's, like, books and paper everywhere. I don't know why, but some of the other campers in there think homework is fun. It's kind of weird. Sean was still wrapping his head around the fact that his cabin mates were really his siblings. It was odd to think that they all were related. 

Technically, he thought, that makes Fauna and I cousins... or could she be my aunt? Should I call her Fauna or Ms. Fauna? My mom would be mad if I just called her Fauna... I should call her Ms. Fauna...

What cabin are you in? He asked, trying to get away from the potential topic of his siblings. Also, Ms. Fauna, I didn't think you were being rude. A lot of the kids here can really be rude, especially the older ones. You're one of the nicest, most politest people here, Sean said. He was hoping that his extra use of words would make him sound fancier, not knowing that it instead was improper grammar.
Fauna
Fauna

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:32 pm
She continues to smile at him, not resisting the urge to rub his head.

"I understand dear, a lot of Athena's children or your half brothers and sisters can be bookworms, but everyone is different in their own way, just like you, sweetheart" She smiled warmly, especially as he went into some thoughts and she found it so adorable when the children of Athena go into thought, especially with Sean's freckles that appeared to wriggle just made her want to squeal with how cute she found it. He then asked her what cabin she was in, calling her Miss Fauna, which made her motherly smile even wider.

"Oh your just adorable, aren't you, sweetheart; you don't have to be so formal, but it's sweet of you to call me that. I'm in cabin twenty-eight; its like a cabin for the gods and goddesses that don't fit in the other cabins, so its a more generalized cabin. I'm the cabin counselor for that cabin too. Aww I'm so happy you think so and such a sweet boy you are too. I think we're nearly finished, shall we get the last few strawberries, then we can put them away and you can come back to my cabin and we can make the cheesecake, does that sound good?" She said, the smile never leaving her face, loving this sweet and adorable boy. She patiently waited for her response.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:58 pm
Yeah! That sounds good! Sean said, excitedly. The two of them continued to pick berries for a few more minutes. While doing so, a thought came to Sean. 

Um, Fauna? Sean asked, Do you have any siblings here? I mean, I have a lot, but since I haven't heard of your mother before, I was just wondering if you were an only child or something... Sean wasn't sure if he was allowed to ask a question like that. With mortals, if a parent was estranged from their life, it was generally considered rude to ask about them. He knew, however, that the rules about parents were a little bit different when it came to demigods.
Fauna
Fauna

Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:05 pm
"Good to hear, sweetheart" She said as they went around, finishing up the last few baskets. Once they were finished and heading to where they stored the strawberries before they were sent out into the mortal world for sale, Sean asked her if there were any other children of Cybele. She shook her head.

"as far as I know, I'm the only child of Cybele, so I don't have any half brothers or sisters like you do, sweetheart" She explained softly, being honest to the sweet Sean before taking a small basket of strawberries.

"This should be enough. Wanna come with me to my cabin and help me make some cheesecake, sweetheart?" She said in her warm, motherly way as she extended out a hand to him.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:33 pm
Sean took Fauna's hand as she led him out of the Strawberry Field. From Fauna's answer, he felt like he didn't cross any lines.

Huh, I guess questions about godly parents are totally allowed here... Cool! Sean thought to himself. He brushed a few strands of hair away from his sweat glistened forehead. He hadn't realized just how much work he'd done with Fauna until now and was more excited than ever to have that cheesecake.So, where'd you learn to make cheesecake? He asked.
Fauna
Fauna

Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:44 pm
She continued to smile warmly as Sean took her hand and like a mother holding her child's hand, she walked him to her cabin; a fairly big cabin, but finely done to house the children of any other gods that didn't fit in the other cabins. She lead him into a neatly furnished kitchen and placed the strawberries down onto a counter top.

"I learned to do it online, sweetheart; you'd be surprised how good the internet is in here. Besides, I've had lots of practice baking and cooking" She explained to him.

"So, we're gonna need to get some pudding cheese mix, sugar, cream, butter and some biscuits so we can make the sweet cheesecake base; maybe some nice shortbread biscuits, what do you think, sweetheart? and all the ingredients should be in the cupboards or the fridge-freezer if you wouldn't mind helping me collect the ingredients, sweetheart"
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:56 pm
Sure thing! Sean said as he made his way over to the fridge. He dug around and started pulling ingredients out. 

Cream, butter... pudding cheese? I don't see any pudding cheese... I hope cream cheese will do. He grabbed the cold ingredients and set them on the counter next to the strawberries. He then went into the cupboards and dug around some more. He wasn't a short kid, but the cupboards were high enough and deep enough that he needed to stand on his toes to see the back of them.

Sugar! Great. Now for biscuits... The image in his mind was more reminiscent to that of a roll of bread. Why would she want biscuits in cheesecake? Wouldn't Graham crackers make more sense? He then imagined a cheesecake with rolls of bread as the base instead of ground cookies, which made him chuckle. He then realized what she meant.

Ooh! he said, facepalming as he realized, Shortbread Biscuits! Those are cookies! He then pulled down a container of cookies and placed it, along with the sugar, on the countertop. Is that everything?
Fauna
Fauna

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:27 pm
She watched him gather the ingredients and place them on the counter for her, asking her if that was everything. She smiled warmly and patted him on the head.

"yes it is, honey; such a good boy. Now we need to begin mixing the ingredients" She said. She blushed a little when she saw the cream cheese. "Oh yeah, it's called cream cheese, not pudding cheese, hehe" She said, giggling cutely before getting out a mixing bowl and a hand whisk along with a green board and a sharp kitchen knife.

"Would you mind beginning the cheesecake mix, sweetheart? I'll prepare the strawberries to both mix inside the cheesecake and as a topping. All you'll need to do is mix the cheese, cream and sugar together and mix well. Here, let me get the recipe" She asks Sean while she grabs a piece of paper and places it on the counter as a recipe for a baked strawberry cheesecake.

"Just follow the recipe and you'll do fine, sweetheart" She said before she went to grab some of the freshly picked strawberries and would begin to swiftly chop them up.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:39 pm
Uh, sure thing... Sean said with an undertone of nervousness in his voice. He started to read the ingredients and that nervousness melted as he found Fauna's handwriting legible. This amazed Sean, considering that he and every other demigod was born with dyslexia. She must've written it in Greek! He thought to himself, I can follow this recipe easily!

He began by adding the sugar first and then the cream cheese and the cheese. He grabbed a hand mixer from under the countertop and set it on low, gradually increasing speed as time went on but never letting it get too fast. 

Do you want to know something cool? My mom said I have this thing called a photographic memory... Well, my mom didn't say it, but my step-mom, I guess? He told Fauna. It's weird, but I can remember stuff as long as I've read it somewhere. So now, I can make cheesecake whenever! And that's thanks to you! So, thank you for teaching me how to make cheesecake!
Fauna
Fauna

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:00 pm
She smiled warmly, seeing how excited he was as he went to work, mixing in the ingredients while she dealt with the chopping of the strawberries, the skill of which was like watching a TV chef. Writing it in ancient greek was pretty easy to do, which was probably why he seemed so happy when he saw it. Although she was one of the lucky ones that didn't have dyslexia, but she could read english and ancient greek easily without problem, hence why she was able to find the recipe at all.

Eventually, she finished chopping, putting some into a blender and put it on till it resembled a strawberry smoothie. She then strained out the juice over the sink through a thin shiv that filtered out the pips from the strawberry juice and then poured it into a glass and handed it to Sean. Her smiled beamed as he thanked her for helping him learn to make the cheesecake, explain that he had a photographic memory and that he would be able to always remember it.

"Your very welcome, sweetheart; it makes me really happy to hear that. And that must come in useful sometimes since most people tend to forget something or other, so being able to always remember stuff sounds great, such a talented boy you are, sweet Sean" She said, running her fingers through his red hair.

"Oh yes, stir the strawberry juice into the mix so all the flavors mix together. While you do that, I'll make the base real quick" She said, gathering up the shortbread biscuits and put them all into a reusable plastic bag with the plastic zipper on the top. She then took out a rolling pin and started banging on the bag, crushing the biscuits inside it till they resembled crumbs. Once done, she rinsed out the blender tub before reusing it by putting the biscuit crumbs into it along with plenty of butter and some sugar before mixing it all up. After a little bit, she stopped it and got out a baking tray and a cake tin. She got some baking paper and lined the tin with it, buttering it up. She then took a large spoon and used it to scoop up the biscuit crumb mix and put it onto the bottom of the cake tin and once it was all in, she used the spoon to flatten it out so it was nice and flat. She would then look to Sean.

"Once your ready sweetheart, slowly pour the cheesecake mix into the cake tin"
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:37 pm
Sean nodded and began to pour the mix into the tin. He watched as the marbled cheesecake batter slowly filled the pan, rising to about a few centimeters under the rim. It was just the right amount. 

Awesome! How long will it take before we can eat it? Sean asked excitedly. This is some of the most fun I've had since I got here! he continued, the smile he wore on his face reflecting his statement. Sure, Arts and Crafts is messy and you get to make something in the end, but you get bored with making pottery after a while. This was the first time I made something I really wanted to!
Fauna
Fauna

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:30 pm
She smiles, waiting for him to fill the cake tin with the marbled cheesecake mix and it was perfectly balanced. She opens the oven and puts it in gently, crouching down in a lady-like manner before closing the oven door and stood back up.

"It will take about a hour to properly cook or until its nice and golden and fluffy, just like a baked cheesecake should be" She said, the motherly smile never leaving her face as Sean spoke about how he was having so much fun doing this and something he really wanted to do.

"That's lovely to hear, sweetheart; I'm really happy your enjoying this. Maybe next time I bake, you can come back and we can cook together, how does that sound? and while we wait for the cheesecake to cook, let's have a sit down and you ask me anything you want or we can discuss things you want to talk about. I don't mind when its such a sweet boy who has been helping me all afternoon" She said with her motherly tone, giving a kiss on the forehead and a rub on the cheek as she left the kitchen, putting on a digital stopwatch on her phone to make sure she remembered to check on it at the right time and sat at the dining damage just outside it. She patted a seat next to her for Sean to sit at.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 pm
Sean made his way over and sat next to Fauna, still blushing from the forehead kiss she gave him. He noticed something about Fauna that he hadn't really seen in some of the other campers: She had a timeless aura of class about her. It seemed like everything she did was effortlessly precise, like she didn't have to think twice about any action done. Not only did it seem that every action was effortlessly done, but it was also done with a kind of grace and style that could only come about from experience.

You know, Sean started, there's something different about you. The way you talk and the way you move... It's not that you're British, but it's something else. I almost want to call you mom... He paused, realizing how that might have come across. But you're definitely nowhere near old enough to be my mom! My mom's like, a thousand years old, and my step mom's like forty-five or something like that.
Fauna
Fauna

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:21 pm
She smiles in her usual warm motherly smile.

"oh that's so sweet, you can call me mom if you want, I wouldn't mind at all, honey. And it doesn't necessarily need to be old to be a mother, but I can be a mom to you if you want me to, sweetheart" She said softly to him, really happy about acting as someone's mother figure.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:54 am
Oh, okay! Thanks, mom... Sean liked Fauna a lot. In a camp full of kids that were hyped up on the idea of adventure and being "the chosen one," the small moment of baking a cheesecake meant everything to Sean. There weren't any wild creatures threatening their survival or any villains from the old stories hunting them down. There weren't arrows flying by them or the imminent threat of some Ares kid bashing his shield against their heads. None of that was here. It was just a small, quiet moment... and it was exactly what Sean needed. I feel much better now, Sean said with a smile.
Fauna
Fauna

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:52 pm
"I'm glad to hear it, sweetheart" She smiled warmly.

"Hey, would you like to play some games while we wait for the cheesecake to bake? I have card games, board games, even some video games in my room; whatever takes your fancy, sweetheart" She said with a big warm motherly smile.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum