Mistiel

Sadie Paine - Daughter of Ares Empty Sadie Paine - Daughter of Ares

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:15 am
Name:  Sadie Maria Paine
Sexuality:  Hetero

Personality:
Favorite Activities:  Swimming, obstacle courses
Least Favorite Activities:  Swordplay, contests of strength
Character Strengths:   Analytical thinking (in combat, not so much socially), puckish charm, brutally honest
Character Flaws:   Extremely stubborn, easily angered, and she exhibits a profound lack of physical strength much more suited to a typical daughter of Aphrodite
Eye color:  Vivid blue
Hair description:  Straw blonde, short length, with red streaks
Height:  5'1"
Skin tone:  Pale
Ethnicity:  Born British (in Brighton) and legally immigrated to the U.S. with her mother Rose after Rose was impregnated (rape) by the god Ares.
Body structure:  Petite, slim
Other details?:  Likes to chew bubble gum. Loudly.

Place of Birth (city, state, country):  Brighton, U.K.
Mortal Parent:  Rose Skyler Paine
God Parent:  Ares
Abilities (doesn't use energy to do):  She can fit in very small spaces that others cannot.   Her weapon of choice is the quarterstaff since it makes up for her lack of reach and strength while complementing her speed.
Powers (uses energy to do):  Can command dead soldiers to do her bidding, so long as they were on the losing side of a war. At least for the first few years of camp, she can only control one soldier (up to three) for either the completion of one task or until sunset (whichever is faster).  (If it's a post limit you're after, then she can't control him for a maximum of....ten posts? (I'm just thinking of if it's morning, it might take quite a few posts to get to sunset).) She's not a child of Hades or Pluto for pity's sake.
Pets (if any):  She had a pet rabbit named Henry and a pet cat named Puffin back in Britain, but they both had to be given away to Sadie's best friend, Evangeline, since Rose wouldn't allow the pets to accompany them overseas.

History:
 Rose Paine was a tiny, fair, curvy, shy woman who loved to attend fancy daytime tea parties with her lady friends and go for walks on the London city streets.  It was on one of these walks that she encountered a very[/very intoxicated Ares.  Ares, acting purely on impulse, fixated on Rose and proceeded to take liberties with her.  The gentle Rose was too timid to fight back, and thus, one week later, Rose found out she was pregnant.  Rose decided, rather courageously, to put aside her fears and devote the rest of her life to raising this child to be nothing like her unwanted father.  

At first, she tried to hide her pregnancy, but these things never last.  When Rose's friends and family found out, they shunned her, forcing Rose to go live with her less-than-kindly ninety-eight-year-old grandmother in a simple flat on the east bank of the Thames river.It was in this flat that Sadie spent the first ten years of her life, and in so doing developed a British accent.  During this time, Sadie's great grandmother - Rose's grandmother - passed away.  Rose tried to shield Sadie from the passing, but to no avail.  From a young age, Sadie had seen death, albeit a very peaceful death surrounded by love, but death nonetheless.  

It was because of this death that Rose felt she needed to move Sadie to America.  Ever since the grandmother's death (when Sadie was nine), the now ten-year-old Sadie had started to encounter weird growls and sights around the flat and London.  The older she got, the closer these occurrences seemed to happen near their flat.  So when the money was about to run dry from Rose's waitressing job, Rose packed herself and Sadie up and proceeded onto a ship bound for New York City.  

Unlike her daughter, Rose does not have perspicacity (the ability to see through the Mist) which even takes Sadie up until the time she reaches Camp Half-Blood to learn.

Once in New York City, the newly minted eleven-year-old Sadie began her last years of elementary school like any normal child.  It was on her last day of sixth grade that things started getting really weird.  To be continued in "Sadie's Journey to Camp", an actual RP.....

Last edited by Mistiel on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 pm; edited 10 times in total
Mason
Mason
Administrator
https://demigodworld.forumotion.com

Sadie Paine - Daughter of Ares Empty Re: Sadie Paine - Daughter of Ares

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:19 am
Heyo, very nice form. The abilities are more of talents (which I'm starting to think I should add in the form lol), and the power is more of an ability. Besides that, awesome job.
Mistiel
Mistiel

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:26 am
Edited in two categories to differentiate between mental and physical characteristics.
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:28 am
Nice, but you didn't change what I told you to lol
Mistiel
Mistiel

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:32 am
I'd like some more clarification on how my chosen power isn't a "power."  Your site rules seemed to make it clear that powers from godly parents were not supposed to be overpowered.  Short of giving her something akin to Magnus Chase's "Peace of Frey" where she shouts and everybody's weapons fall out of their hands, I can't think of any other war god powers short of combat prowess, some sort of taunt, or laser vision.

Edited both abilities and powers a tiny bit. Still not sure if that's the kind of talent you meant. Sure she can do a clover tongue as a talent, but that's not exactly pertinent to a character application....is it? o,o
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:38 am
No, no, I meant in the sense that her power is more of an ability because it seems like something that she doesn't have to energy into to do. It was a natural-born quality she was born with. Powers use energy, abilities don't. You can have as many of each as you want, we just limit them loosely. We don't want demigods to be able to pull of feats of those like Hercules, but they certainly are powerful beings.

And the abilities are more like traits or talents, not something out of the ordinary that's god-like. So for example, if I was making an Ares kid, I might say an ability is being able to make people naturally more angry in their presence. A power might be going on a war-rage for two posts that makes them 50% stronger and faster, and has a cooldown of 5 posts.

When I say overpowered, I mean like "they can lift a continent" or "they know everybody's personal information everywhere."

Does that make sense? I'm really sorry for any confusion.
Mistiel
Mistiel

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:39 am
Oh okay, so my power was more of an ability. I guess I'll have to think of some sort of power for her that is more combat appropriate. The angry aura thing as an ability clears things up quite a bit. Thanks.
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:42 am
Yep, no problem. And of course, you can leave her abilities/powers as is, you don't have to add more. It's as far as your creativity can take you on this site.

Whenever your form is ready, just be sure to comment "edited" or the sort, so we know to check over it again.
Mistiel
Mistiel

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:46 am
Edited. Also added her favored weapon, although her choosing it should be in a separate RP, like her arrival at the camp, I think.
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:49 am
OKay cool. Only thing I'd say is the power she has, the angry aura, is more of an ability still.
Mistiel
Mistiel

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:58 am
Sorry, I screwed up copy/pasting it.  I copy/pasted the old one. Brain burp! Meant to tell you I was defaulting her power to the generic Ares one. I won't fix what isn't broken.
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:58 am
NP. Now heres the limits part: how many soldiers? For how long? Whats her cooldown?

After that, you should be golden.
Mistiel
Mistiel

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:24 pm
I'm going to count Clarisse LaRue's ironside ship confederate soldiers as a godly gift.  One to three soldiers is sufficient enough for one mortal girl in my book (although she likely won't be able to summon more than one (or even one) for the first few years at camp. Edited.

Last edited by Mistiel on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited O.Post)
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:44 pm
OKay, now just add a cooldown, like the time in between each use. I'd say four posts?
Mistiel
Mistiel

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 pm
Added it, but asking for ten posts maximum since not every thread will be set at the same time of day. Ten posts is enough to either move the plot that far along into the day or to complete whatever SPECIFIC task for which she summoned it. The thing with these soldiers, as Frank Zhang experienced with his gift from Mars, was that they prefer specific orders. Although it might not be quite as scary as how Bloodstained Blade needs orders.
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:20 am
Approved. Ten posts is general, just limit it appropriately.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum