Go down
DannyBoi
DannyBoi
https://bophedeez.tumblr.com/

Testing the Waters... Empty Testing the Waters...

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:03 pm
It was early, but Alex didn't really care. He wanted to be away from the noise of his cabin.

Geez, Hermes really got around, didn't he? Alex said aloud as he made his way over to the Hermes table. He looked up at the sky and saw the position of the sun was a little bit before noon. 

Twenty minutes? I can wait that long. He said. He sat down, playing with the leather necklace around his neck. It was barren, unlike the other, older campers whose multicolored beads were on full display. Trophies collected for their time in camp. He sat wondering how much would change once he got to that point. Would he be a counselor? Would he just be another camper? Would he even survive that long? 

The last question may seem like a ridiculous one, but only a week into camp and Alex already heard the stories. Campers, veterans of the war in New York, talking about old friends... Dead friends... It made him worry about his own life and ability for combat.
Mason
Mason
Administrator
https://demigodworld.forumotion.com

Testing the Waters... Empty Re: Testing the Waters...

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:17 pm
Finn walked into the Greek's mess hall, spending overnight in the Roman cabin. He was visiting for no particular reason other than to meet new people, specifically attractive girls his age. He was in a white t-shirt and jeans, his long hair a mess. Finn figured he could sit at any table he wanted, since there was no set table for the Roman visitors. He grabbed a few pieces of toast and plopped down next to a hot Hermes girl. "Finn's the name, being Reddy is the game," he told her, and she made a disgusted looked. She got up and walked away. Finn watched her leave, then turned his head to the kid across the table. "Does my breath stink or something? I mean, what's up her ass, right bro?" he asked, reaching over him to grab a cup. He filled it with orange juice, and took a sip.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:02 pm
Alex looked over at a young man who sat a few seats down from where he was. He watched him shoot his shot with one of the girls in Alex's cabin, fail miserably, and proceed to grab a cup and drink.

Oof, Alex thought to himself, That looked like it hurt. He looked at the young man a little longer. With his hair white shirt and jeans, Alex could tell he wasn't a camper. On the guy's forearm, there was a tattoo of the letters SPQR under a bow and arrow crossed with one another.

Roman, Alex thought to himself. But what house has that specific tattoo? He sat there for a minute, contemplating going over there and talking to him.

Well, I guess I might as well. I mean, if he brushes me aside, then whatever. Alex got up and walked over to the young man. 

Uh, hey, Alex said, don't worry about her. She's kind of a brat. I should know, I bunk in the same cabin as her. Alex stuck out his hand to the young man in front of him.

The name's Alex. Alex Mital.
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:59 pm
"Brat or not, she's sassy. Wait, that's kinda the same huh." Finn laughed. "I'm Finn Reddy, from the Roman camp. I'm here because I heard Greek people are chill. Whoever told me that is full of horseshit." He snorted. He shook the young man's hand, and then started to eat his toast, which was buttered up. "I'm a son of Cupid," he said, mouth full of food. Finn took a drink of his juice.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 pm
Cupid? Alex thought to himself. I guess the bow and arrow on his arm make sense now... Alex took a seat next to Finn and observed his features. He was definitely part Desi, Alex could tell from the shape of his nose and how his long, silky hair fell around his face. But aspects of a caucus bloodline was present as well. Finn's skin was lighter than Alex's by maybe two or three shades, and his hair was brown opposed to Alex's jet black. 

But there was more to it. There was something about Finn that drew Alex to him. Maybe it was the fact that he was a son of Cupid. The attraction would then be totally supernatural and unsolicited. Maybe it was because he too was desi. In a camp filled with more white people than brown, it was comforting finding another person who was raised on Chicken Tikki Masala. Or maybe it was because he looked pretty badass. With the combination of the tattoo, the long hair, the hades-may-care attitude, and the minimalistic outfit that screamed "Yeah, I look good. Didn't even try that hard," it was hard for Alex not to be drawn to this guy.

I wouldn't say we're all horseshit, Alex said, picking up a cup for himself. I mean, sure, some of us can be pretty shitty, but not all of us. 
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:15 pm
"Maybe. I'd have to get to know more of you guys first. I'll tell you what, everyone here looks much more relaxed, like they don't give that I'm-gonna-kill-you vibe. Some people over at Jupiter are the biggest b*tches you'll ever meet. That or they just act tough because y'know, gotta look cool and stuff." Finn devoured his toast. "But," he took a pause to down the rest of his cup of orange juice, "I'll tell you what, in defense of our side, we could take down the U.S. Amy if we wanted. And our side has more hot girls, too, they make them like models over there. Everyone here looks like they work a 9-5 job or go to school and listen to 21 Savage on the way." He didn't mind talking the kids ear off, it was second nature for him. Finn grabbed a banana and peeled it, taking a bite. "So, are you like 13 or 14 or just a midget?" he asked with a mouthful of banana. Finn grabbed a few pieces of bacon too, reaching over three Hermes guys who didn't look too happy.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:25 pm
Alex laughed at Finn's comments. He was used to more sardonic humor, as that's what he grew up with. Personally, he preferred more goofy and pun-based humor, but sardonic was good too.

I'm actually 13, it's my first year here. And what are you? From your attempt at facial hair, I'd say you're, what, 17? Or were you just held back a year too many? Alex smirked. He didn't like being called midget, but he knew better than to get upset at this kid over some harmless name calling. He pulled a plate close and watched as the food began to appear before him. There were hashbrowns, a small stack of bacon, and a big, overflowing breakfast burrito just like the ones his mom made.

I'm still getting used to this "on demand" food the camp has got going on. Alex said, tucking into his burrito.
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:52 pm
"I'm seventeen, thanks for noticing my attempt, it flatters me truly." Finn stroked his tiny amount of facial hair like a wizard. "I might've been held back a year too many though, maybe depends on who you ask," he joked, finishing off his banana and throwing it into a garbage bin, much to the janitor's dismay. He wiped his face with his hand and started eating the bacon. "First year, so you haven't ruined your rep with too many yet, huh, Andrew? Got an eye on a certain somebody? Back at Jupiter they call me Love Doctor, MD. I get people together like peanut butter and jellahhhh," he emphasized. This was a total lie, of course, Finn couldn't put milk and cereal together. He felt cool though. "Y'know, Allan, we can make it work. Together, you and me. Finn and Alvin versus the world."
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:13 am
It's Alex, he corrected. It was becoming clearer to Alex that the initial bad-assery he was sensing was definitely because Finn was a son of Cupid. No one would call anybody "The Lode Doctor, MD." if their life depended on it. And who said "jelly" like that anyway? It didn't really matter to Sean because he found it funny. The enthusiasm Finn expelled was enough to get Alex excited about this hypothetical "dynamic duo" the Roman kid was talking about.

But yeah, that sounds like... fun? You know what they say, it's dangerous to go alone, Alex said with a forced wink.

... why did I do that? he thought to himself
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:50 am
"No it isn't," he denied his name.

"That's what I've been telling girls for years, bro!" he said, ecstatically. "This is gonna be a beautiful thing. Look, I go back tomorrow, but we gotta meet tonight anyway. Here, let me give a vision- we go out tonight to the beach. We meet some cool beach bros and babes. We go for the taking. I'm surrounded by Aphrodite girls. You become popular. We get carried around camp, everyone cheering our names. We start doing Fortnite dancing to show our superiority, and Chiron quits his job. We take his job and rename the camp...Camp...Camp Finn-Aaron Duo! The gods come down to congratulate us and we're made into Titans. Boom, that simple, I'm telling you bro. That damn simple."

At this point, the other Hermes kids were staring at him, grinning.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:05 am
That sounds... ambitious, and highly unlikely, but I'm down to try it! Alex said. He did like the idea of becoming popular and getting carried around the camp like some sort of rack star. On top of the fact that Finn not only understood but appreciated his Legend of Zelda reference meant that the two of them were truly going to be a dynamic duo. But, he had to do something about the constant name mix-up... 

Under one condition... You call me Alex. Like, you do that, and I'll do practically whatever you say. Alex felt like that last statement might come back around and bite him in the ass later on.
Mason
Mason
Administrator

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:24 am
"Yes!" Finn said, with a fist in the air. "This is going to be an epic duo, trust me, bro. I gotcha covered." He got up and was about ready to go, when he heard the condition. "Alright, alright. Alex. Alex. Alex. Alex." He repeated the name to get used to it. "Alex," he confirmed. Finn picked up his food plate and threw it at a mess hall nymph, who wasn't very happy about that. She started to make a beeline towards Finn.

"Oops, gotta go. Beach, nine, be there...Alex." Finn quickly ran off, being chased by the angry nymph.
DannyBoi
DannyBoi

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:04 pm
Alex watched as Finn ran off being chased by a wood nymph. He laughed because he knew, as most demigods did, that nymphs can only assume a human form within a specific range. Judging from her clothing, hair, and skin pattern, she was a nymph from the western part of the forest. 

As long as Finn heads east, he should be fine... Alex thought to himself. Being the son of Hermes, he had an innate sense of direction, which is how he could tell Finn was heading the wrong way. 

Hey! Finn! Turn the other way! Turn around! But it was too late. The Roman kid had turned towards the woods, probably trying to lose the nymph among the trees. Alex rolled his eyes, laughing, and returned to his breakfast burrito.

Maybe this camp won't be terrible... He thought as he took a bite into one of the best-tasting burritos in history. Who knows? I might actually like it here.

– THIS THREAD HAS ENDED –
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum