Go down
Cedar

Two Ships Empty Two Ships

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:26 pm
Two Ships Tumblr_inline_pp0rifGjhM1w59d50_1280

Training as a medic was one of the things that Thurmond quite enjoyed. Since his mother was considered a health goddess, the then higher-ups decided to keep the majority of his Roman education between working in the infirmary and monster class. Now was one of those times for Thurmond to brush up on his herbology. Of course, the Legion didn't just thrust him, or anyone for that matter,  into the world of medicine without some direction. For about ten months, Thurmond studied underneath a son of Asclepius who guided him both ancient and modern medicines.  

The eighteen-year-old did most of his work in the infirmary at night; usually attending to the legionnaires who had to stay for twenty-four-hour observation or those in critical conditions. Currently, it was just after curfew for most of the military portion of the camp so, it wasn't too busy out. Dressed in his usual purple t-shirt and khakis, Thurmond washed his hands at the fairly large sink that was on a partition that separated the general area from the "medics only" section. His brown eyes glanced up to see a medium sighed statue of his mother, Salus, with one hand stressed out and the other holding a patera. It was also nice to see her face even though the two never actually met.

Like other demigods, Thurmond imagined what it would've been like to see her. He wondered what she would look like and how she spoke. A bit of sadness seems to leave a small bruise on his heart before fading away slowly.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Two Ships Empty Re: Two Ships

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 pm
Two Ships GiphyTwo Ships Giphy

It was September 10th. It was only a few more days until it'd be Oliver's birthday which is why Delilah had taken up one of the night shifts now. She was originally supposed to work the night shift of Oliver's birthday, but that simply wouldn't do, especially since she was his date to his birthday party. Even if she wasn't his date to his birthday she needed the night off to go, so a couple months ago she had tried to book the day off, but it didn't work out too well, so she ended up switching shifts with Julian the son of Apollo that often doubled up as a DJ. Julian was a frequent night shifter and Delilah was a frequent day shifter here at the infirmary so being here when there wasn't that many people was something new for the brunette.

The daughter of Epione had just came back from checking up on a wing and going into the medical staff only section. It was there that she had seen Thurmond. She remembered when the two of them first applied to work here in the infirmary. It was a nerve wracking time, but it was one of the places that Delilah fit in the best given her natural abilities. They both got brought on, but Thurmond got trained by another demigod in the wing and Delilah had actually been trained by Julian, because at the time Julian had been working on day shifts, but as Delilah was trained he moved and shifted to night shift for awhile since it fit his schedule a little better.

"Thurmond!" She called out to him in a more hushed tone as to not wake anyone or alert anyone that was nearby. She walked up closer to him and smiled, "Everyone has been taken care of for the moment, but we'll have to listen for the call bell." Delilah said with a goofy smile slipping on her face, she had finished up their formalities, so then she started a different conversation, "How have you been? I feel like I haven't really seen you lately. I just see your initials in the book."
Cedar

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 pm

The son of Salus turned his head to look at the familiar voice that called out his name. He then turned his head to look at who it was. "Ah, hey, Delilah. It's nice to meet you again. I haven't seen you in some time." Thurmond gave the daughter of Epione a kind smile. He rarely saw her and if he did, it was when Thurmond was getting off and Delilah clocking on. "Perfect. That gives me the chance to finish my book." Thurmond gestured to the thick text that was tucked underneath his right armpit. "It's quite interesting, actually. It's on the safety regulations that are in place for the War Games. Essentially, it's basically about how dying is your fault."[/color]

And that's, ladies and gentlemen, is one of the major problems that Thurmond had with Camp Jupiter. It's minimal approach to the safety activities within the camp's borders. Although the camp was meant to train the Legion for anything, one dying from a fireball to the gut isn't the way to train. But that was a conversation for another day. "I've been well, actually. Not much to complain about. Nothing interesting either. What about you? How are things?"
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu May 02, 2019 11:47 pm
Two Ships GiphyTwo Ships Giphy

It had been a few days since everything went down. It had been an emotional time in so many different ways, so in a way coming back to work at the infirmary after her short leave was nice. She had to take the leave after everything that happened with her father and the traumatic event that it had caused, but Dr.Burke had okay'd her to come back to work. Delilah was excited and even more so to see Thurmond. It truly had been so long since the two had last seen each other, "Yeah, it's been quite awhile hasn't it? I feel like I almost don't recognize you anymore." Delilah said with a laugh at her silly little joke that she had made. It was good to have humor about the little things, or at least that's what her therapist had told her.

When he asked her about what had been going on with her lately she had to scan through her brain on the most normal thing she could bring up. So her dad committing a murder and being taken to jail wasn't one of them, although even if she wanted to talk about it she couldn't in such a public setting, it was too sensitive of information and could interfere with the case apparently. The ruled that topic out, then down the list was the fact she caught her old crush who was her best friend making out with their other friend and that blew up in so many ways. That was a strike through.

"Well, we got Oliver's birthday black tie event happening in a few days here. Invites were sent awhile ago. Are you going to go?" Delilah asked him, it wasn't the best topic of choice, but it was one of the most normal things she had going on in her life so far. Unless she wanted to talk about the birthday party she threw for Skye like a month ago, but that was completely old news at this point.
Cedar

Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 am

Thurmond paired his chuckle with Delilah's but made sure to keep his voice down. The last thing he wanted was to wake up someone who was trying to recover. Then again, he was sure that some of them got enough sleep during the day. Eh, Thurmond much rather be safe than sorry. The son of Salus ran his tongue over his white teach and responded to the daughter of Epione saying, "I completely agree! I may have gotten botox." He teased cheekily.

Of course, Thurmond didn't know a bunch about Delilah's personal life, but if she ever needed someone to talk about it with, the sn of Salus has always had an open spot in his schedule.

At the mention of Oliver, Thurmond felt a little uneasy for the simple fact that he was the one who broke up with Oliver while he was going through a very tough time. Even a couple of years later, he felt guilty about it. "Do you think he would want me there?" Thurmond asked hesitatingly.

Damn, he needed date if he did go. Or would they be inappropriate?

Why was he over thinking this so much?!

Last edited by Cedar on Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to add the color)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum