Go down
Pike
Pike
Administrator

we can never go back - Page 3 Empty Re: we can never go back

Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:52 pm
we can never go back - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_pnx0crECHX1t9ndkh_1280we can never go back - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_pnx0czXZTC1t9ndkh_1280

"I wish you would reconsider datemates." She says with a laugh, "I think its clever and cute." Though she's really saying it to annoy him just a little bit more. She just needs to carry that joke a little further before they can change the subject.

She pauses when he brings up her grandparents. She doesn't have much precedent for how they would react, since she's pretty sure she never even told them when she was dating Jaden Terry. They seem to like Lachlan already, which is a good start. Still, she had a feeling they weren't going to be chill and distant. "Well," Skye starts, "My granddad will probably try to be intimidating, but lets be real he loves you so. My gran will probably invite you over for dinner, just say yes. We will be reminded of the open door policy, and honestly you'll probably never be allowed up the stairs. My gran will probably ask you to do everything, from changing a light bulb to fixing the sink. It'll just be an endless series of tests and psychological intimidation. She used to do that with my mom's boyfriends." Her gran is actually pretty handy, and she taught Skye how to change a tire and fix a leaky sink and prune roses. Still, the story of when her gran made one of her mom's boyfriends clear a whole flower bed and then hang up a tire swing. Later that week she had him replace a light switch. The relationship didn't last long after that.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 am
we can never go back - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_os43vizXNb1sirbdm_250we can never go back - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_os43vkFuh41sirbdm_250

Lachlan smiled and laughed. "No, you're cute and clever. Datemates is just silly and you know it." Lachlan said, poking her lightly in the side. Lachlan stopped and looked Skye over. For a second, he felt like he had whiplash. The last few hours was catching up with him. The sun was just starting to go down. Around dinner time, he'd been playing football with some friends. He was running around trying to ignore everything he was feeling. After that, he'd tried to find a way to avoid Skye. He was so glad that he hadn't been able to. There were so many turns that could have taken them away from each other. He didn't know what the future held, but they were in the same place right now. He couldn't help but smile.

"I guess having an absent guardian has its advantages." Lachlan had his own place, basically. He could have whoever he wanted in there and do whatever he wanted. He could drink or smoke or whatever. Lachlan would give all of that up for a week of nights with his dad like Oliver talked about with his mom. "My dad's utter lack of shits to give has been pretty good for you, too." Lachlan joked.

Last edited by QMeetsWorld on Sun May 12, 2019 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:31 am
we can never go back - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_pnx0crECHX1t9ndkh_1280we can never go back - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_pnx0czXZTC1t9ndkh_1280

Skye smiled at the compliment, repaying Lachlan with a kiss. She can do sweet and flirty. That's usually how their past encounters went. At least the good ones.

Skye leans into Lachlan, resting her head on his shoulder. It's still strange for her to be sitting on the couch. She has a completely different view of the guest house now. Though, to be fair, when she sat on the love seat she didn't do much looking around. She listens to his comments about his dad, and she laughs along, but the thought of it makes her a little sad. She remembers being little, back when Sam Reid was still a somewhat attentive father. He used to host pool parties and would grill. He'd also throw the kids into the pool when they asked him. Then he just stopped showing up. He'd leave for longer and longer periods of time. Then Augustine moved out. The main Reid house always looked dark and dim, and the only lights came from the guest house. Skye can understand it, in a way. She wouldn't want to live in that big house all alone. She can't imagine how lonely it must feel.

She doesn't bring this up though, because she knows it won't go over well. So it instead she says, "Are you gonna tell him about us?" Though, that thought brings her to the realization that she'll probably have to tell her mother about them too, if Gran hasn't already given her a call. She remembers crying to her mother about what had gone down between her and Lachlan, so she's not sure what her take will be. Even then, she wasn't even around enough to have much of a say, anyways.

QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:44 am
we can never go back - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_os43vizXNb1sirbdm_250we can never go back - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_os43vkFuh41sirbdm_250

Lachlan's arm went around Skye's shoulder when she leaned into him. He shifted himself a little bit so that she could lean easier on the place where his shoulder and chest met. It was so easy to do these simple things that you were supposed to do in a relationship. He thought about the things that they'd get to do together. They could go and walk around together, holding hands. They could get fancy dinners and share ice cream after. They could go to dances or parties and dance with each other. He smiled a little bit.

"Yeah, I'll tell him next time he comes home." He meant it, but at the same time it was a dig. As defensive as he could be of his dad, Lachlan knew he wasn't around like he should be and that it was actually super shitty. He'd tell him when he came home, strike that, if he came home. Lachlan wasn't entirely sure if that was going to happen. He used to know he'd be home eventually. Now, he didn't know if that were true. Lachlan wanted to change the topic, so he decided he could tease Skye a bit more.

"Wait, does this mean I'm dating a centurion? Gross." He joked but kissed her forehead.

Pike
Pike
Administrator

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:04 am

Skye nods, deciding to let the subject rest. She knew what it's like, to not have a parent around. At least she had her grandparents. She's thankful for that. She has a feeling that she'd be even more messed up if her mother had raised her. She knows she was lonely during that time where none of them talked, but at least she has a home to go to, filled with people who love her. Suddenly she feels even worse for cutting Lachlan out of her life for those two weeks. At least he had Oliver.

She has to laugh when he's back to the teasing, "Yeah, you better behave now." She says, "I can't have you making me look bad." It's strange to think of them being together at camp. To her, home and camp seemed so separate. There's Centurion Skye, then there's just Skye. She likes to have that separation though, of work and home. Maybe that's why she spent so much time at camp lately. She threw herself into work, so she would have less time to worry and think when she crossed the border into New Rome.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:17 am

Lachlan shook his head. "You wouldn't like me as much if I was well behaved. I make life more fun." He said, flipping imaginary long hair dramatically. That was at least pretty true. He could be all versions of Lachlan and Skye still seemed to like him. He should probably leave angry Lachlan off that list, but besides him. He could be silly or genuine or spontaneous or flirty. Maybe she actually liked him for all of that. "Being around me will always make you look good. I mean, have you seen me? Talk about the perfect arm candy." He batted his dark eyelashes.

"Did you like the dinner? Are you impressed by me being a master chef?" Lachlan usually just ordered pizza or made shitty food when people were around. It had really surprised Oliver how good of a cook he was the first time he made ribs for them. When he was like 15 he got sick of eating pizza rolls, so he started teaching himself how to make actual food.

Pike
Pike
Administrator

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:32 pm

Skye laughs, "You make life much more interesting." She agrees. If Lachlan wasn't around, she'd probably be leading a very different life. Would it be better? Probably not. Though, Lachlan has caused her a lot of added stress these past couple weeks.

"I honestly didn't think you could cook. I was pleasantly surprised." The surprise came from the fact that every time she went over to Lachlan's he was just eating pizza or one of those frozen meals. Oh, and beer. There was always beer.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:21 am

Lachlan smiled. It was nice to get a little bit of validation. Several times his dad had offered to get a cook or something like that for him and for the house, but it just seemed like a waste. They had a maid who came once a week and kept the main house from getting dusty. It didn't seem necessary to make someone else do a useless job. Anyway, he liked cooking. It was a nice way to spend his time. It was genuinely pretty therapeutic for him.

Lachlan held Skye a little bit tighter. "I'm guessing that Nancy is probably on high alert and you should probably get home." He said with a sigh. Lachlan felt like it was probably best to leave things where they were. Anyway, he didn't want Nancy all over him. Skye learned her fierceness somewhere. "Would it be totally ridiculous for me to walk you home?" Lachlan raised an eyebrow, partially joking but also kind of not.

Pike
Pike
Administrator

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 pm

Skye nods, even though the last thing she wants to do is get up. "Probably," She says, "I have a feeling my eleven pm curfew is finally going to be enforced now." It's kind of funny, because her grandparents always try to remind her to be home by eleven, but she never really came home at that time. Nor did they do anything about it. Though now that they know her and Lachlan are a thing, they'll probably start to care.

Skye stands up, turning around to face Lachlan. She isn't expecting him to offer to take her home. Though, its a nice surprise. Even for the short distance. She can remember the countless times that she had walked home from his guest house alone. She always took the same route, through the backyard between the flower beds, opening the door to the back porch that was always left unlocked. It was almost comforting, in a way. Though, maybe it's time for a different routine.

"You are more than welcome to walk me home, Lachlan Reid."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:33 am

Lachlan stood up from the couch and tilted his head down to kiss Skye deeply before standing back up straight. He knew that this was cheesy as hell, but sometimes that's nice. They could be like their own little romantic comedy. He'd probably make enough of a doofus of himself to be the comedy. It felt a bit more like they were towards the end of a movie where two childhood friends get together, with all the mess along the way. Lachlan wondered if the people in romcoms actually worked out. He shook that out of his head and moved towards the door.

Once outside the door, he took Skye's hand and started the short walk towards Skye's house. It felt innocent in the best way possible. He welcomed the innocence a little bit. It was kind of a brisk night for California as they walked the short distance, a breeze blowing through the trees and the flowers. When they got back to her place, Lachlan smiled down at Skye, fully aware of the eyes the could be on them.

"Goodnight, Skye Maddox." He kissed the top of her forehead quickly before backing up and turning back towards his place.

---

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum