Go down
Pike
Pike
Administrator

she - Page 3 Empty Re: she

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:03 am

Skye has kissed plenty of boys before (no that isn't a brag), but kissing Delilah is different. Kissing boys was easy and kind of fun, and there was nothing beyond it. Easy and fun. Kissing Delilah is like floating and also being so grounded that she's aware of everything around her. Skye's heart almost slowed, comforted by how close Delilah was to her. Skye's hand found Delilah's and then slowly traveled up past her arm and shoulder, to her hair. She knows that after this they'll probably have to talk, but she's enjoying the moment right now.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:46 pm
"Skye's touch was soft and gentle. Her hand on her hair reeled her into the moment so much more than she was before. There was nothing else happening, all other things ceased to exist, the crickets were so quiet that she forgot they were there, the ticking clock was faded and in the background somewhere. Skye was the only thing that was in her line of vision and she radiated like sunshine after a rainstorm and the grey clouds had moved, like seeing the sunshine for the first time. It was warm and light; Delilah loved being in line for her sunshine. Lilah ended up deepening the kiss as her hand moved down her face travelling along her arm and eventually just sitting on her waist.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:46 pm

They continue like this for a while, taking each other in. Then as time does, it passes. At some point they stop kissing, but remain intertwined, wordlessly holding on to each other. Then far away, a sun starts to rise, and Skye wakes to find light streaming in through an open window. The heat from the night is gone, leaving them with an early morning chill. Its hard to move at first, after spending so long in the same position. She slowly moves, untangling herself from Delilah. She wants to let her sleep a little bit longer, because her face looks so peaceful. She stands there for a moment, just watching her sleep, wondering what was going to happen next with them. Skye has time to get dressed, shedding the clothes that still smelled like alcohol. She would take a shower too, but Delilah is still asleep in her room. So she returns quietly, sitting down in her window seat and scrolling social media. She can hear her grandparents downstairs, talking and getting breakfast ready, still, Skye lets her sleep.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:25 pm
The moment is perfect and its sweet. Time passes as it normally does, but the feelings for Skye remain.It wasn't long until Delilah and Skye were close to falling asleep as the sun came up into the horizon. Lilah had decided to rest her head on Skye as she slipped into slumber for the night which had been one of the most peaceful moments of her life.

When she woke up in the morning she felt groggy and sick, she could feel the pounding in her head as she laid there and finally her eyes opened. When they opened she realized Skye was no longer next to her and scanned the room until she seen Skye in the window seat. Her heart started to beat a little faster as she seen her sitting there with the sun dancing on her hair making it almost glow. She was perfect in every way and Delilah just wanted to have a picture of her to admire her beauty always, but Delilah would only do that with consent.

"I feel like Letus has knocked on my door step." Delilah said sitting up slightly rubbing her head. "How long have you been up for?"
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:57 pm

Skye is watching an Instagram video of a kitten on mute, until she hears Delilah's voice. She looks up, giving her a smile. Is it possible for someone to look so cute in the morning?

"Yeah, well you were pretty drunk last night," Skye says, "I've been up for about half an hour. I think Gran made breakfast downstairs, by the way."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:32 pm
It felt as if a woodpecker had been perched on her ear and drilling into her head. All her senses were slowly coming back and despite all the sleep she felt incredibly drowsy, her hand rested on her head as she rubbed it listening to the melodic sound of Skye's voice. That was right she was drunk last night, and honestly she hoped there wasn't a lot of proof of it because that's the last thing she needed people to see. "Why do people drink if they just feel like crap in the morning." She asked Skye, but almost in a rhetorical way.

"Thirty minutes? Wow, you could have woken me up....I don't know if I can stomach breakfast yet." Delilah mentioned thinking about the state of her stomach feeling like it was turning into knots and becoming a little nauseated.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Skye smiles at Delilah's comment, "Because people usually like how the feel the night before more." There's a little bit of those butterflies in her stomach again when she mentions the night before. Are they going to talk about this now? Skye hasn't really thought about next steps. She hasn't had a boyfriend since Jaden Terry, and she isn't even sure that really counted. They were middle school dating, which meant nothing.

"Its fine, you needed the sleep anyways."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:44 pm
Delilah had instinctively grabbed the pillow closest to her and hugged it to her chest as she felt her stomach churn and knot in several different ways. It was the faintest feeling of her wanting to throw up, but the last thing she wanted to do was throw up in front of Skye. The girl had these feelings for Skye and she cared about what Skye thought, so throwing up wasn't what she wanted to do by any means.

Shaking her head she replied, "But I don't think feeling that good outweighs how terrible I feel now." The brunette said ad she collapsed back on Skye's bed still clutching the pillow. "What even all happened last night?" Delilah asked still a little groggy trying to pull the pieces together.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:47 pm

Skye laughs at Delilah, though its mostly a pity laugh. She feels kind of bad, but to be fair, she wasn't there for most of Delilah's drinking. Plus, she had to have at least one bad drinking experience. It was part of being a teenager. Now Delilah has fun teenage memories to look back on. Skye hesitates when Delilah asks about what happened. She didn't remember. Is that a good thing, or is she acting like she doesn't remember so that they could pretend that the kissing never happened? Skye had been in situations like this before, when she kissed someone the night before and regretted it the next morning. It didn't happen often, but when it did she wished she could've forgotten about it. This was not one of those moments for Skye, but what if it was for Delilah? Was she reading too much into this? They didn't even talk about it last night.

"Well," Skye says, biding time before she has to decide what to say, "you disappeared for a while, you said you were hanging out with Lachlan's friend, Oliver. Then, when I found you, you were singing spice girls. You told me I was ginger spice. You also talked about setting Theighlur up so that he'd leave everyone else alone." Skye pauses for a second, and she realizes she's afraid. She's afraid for things to change, she's afraid that it won't end well, she's afraid of admitting to Delilah that she likes her. Its all so new to her. So, she swallows her words, replacing any possible mention of what actually happened with, "Then we came back here." Simple. Easy.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:34 am

Hearing the tales of the night before had actually started to make sense with the little bits of fragments that she could pull together. Delilah was hoping in a few moments that everything would come back to her. "I talked about setting up Tieghlur? Oh boy.." Delilah said laughing a bit as she slowly came up into a sitting position, "Oh, yeah! Oliver. We had this awesome jam session, he's really good at playing the saxophone and we played some sort of motown piece on the piano. It was a good time."

It was then that the missing pieces had flooded into her mind. She remembered them getting back to the house and how they shared a few kisses and eventually fell asleep together. It had been such a warm feeling in Delilah's heart and part of her wanted to stay how she enjoyed that part of the night too, but how could she? What if it didn't matter to Skye like that? What if Skye didn't tell her about it because she didn't want to talk about it and she didn't want to commit to anything. Even so, what was supposed to happen? Skye would be leaving in a few days and what if they just couldn't sort that out in the next three days? Then Delilah would be waiting around the rest of the summer for Skye to get back. Was it even practical? Delilah wanted it to be, but she knew what the logical answer was which was slightly driven by her fears.

"I think Tyelur having a girlfriend would distract him away from some of us though, I stand by that."
Pike
Pike
Administrator

she - Page 3 Empty she

Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:22 am

Skye laughs at Delilah's recounting of the night before, but she can still feel her heart pounding in the chest. She already feels bad about not telling Delilah about the night before, but she also knows that she can't tell Delilah. It's for the best. Besides, she's leaving in a few days. She can't start anything. Can't, can't, can't. So, that's why her mouth stays closed. That's why she stays a little bit further away, because she's afraid if she's any closer, she'll want to kiss Delilah again. Even if it hurts to stay away. She can't get any closer.

So, they go downstairs, and life goes on. Skye goes on her quest, and she doesn't come back for a very very long time. So, in the end, maybe she made the right choice. Sure, hearts were broken, but it wasn't as bad as it could've been, because life goes on. It goes on and on and on. Like a long night where you're too drunk and five minutes feels like an hour. Life will always go on, even if you don't want it to.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum