Lord Citrus
Lord Citrus

Character 1: Lauryl Larkspur Empty Character 1: Lauryl Larkspur

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:30 am
Given Name: Lancelot Larkspur
Goes By: Lauryl Larkspur
Sexuality: Pansexual

Personality:
Lauryl is  one to strive for the truth, and nothing but the truth. They are driven by finding out the truth, and as such has found themselves with the hobby of reading history, mythology, whatever. Other than their main striving, Lauryl is also an extreme extrovert, always up for talking to people. They has an incessant sense of sarcasm (they got that from their dad). They can be exceedingly loyal to those they trust. They also feel as though there is a balance to the world that must not be disrupted.

They can most definitely be found reading in the library at all points of the day, whether it be six in the morning or midnight. This causes them to be quite derpily tired many times throughout the week, for they do happen to have a terrible sleep schedule.

They will never stray from what they believe without ridiculous poking, prodding, and convincing. This also makes for interesting theological discussions with them.
Flaws (three or more):
Bluntly Honest
Insensitive
Not intune with emotions
Overly stubborn
Eye color: Pale Green
Hair description: Inky black hair that hangs above his shoulders. It has a faint curl to it,
Height: 5’5
Skin tone: Pale, but with a faint tan. Warm undertone
Ethnicity: Italian
Body structure: Ectomorph,
Other details?: None

Place of Birth (city, state, country): Venice, Italy.
Mortal Parent: Warren Larkspur
God Parent: Nemesis
Abilities (doesn't use energy to do):
Truth: A natural ability Lauryl has is to simply... understand the truth. They can tell almost immediately when someone is lying, though only if they are directly talking to them. They can sort of tell when someone is only giving them a half-truth, though that part of it is a little iffy.
Powers (uses energy to do):
Forced Truth:  About half of their current magic amount, Lauryl is able to ask a question and force the person to answer the question truthfully. It’s quite useful when he feels someone is hiding something from them. However, once they use it on one target, they are immune to any more of the truth swaying for two days. They also have to ask a very specific question to get the answer they wanted. They are able to use it twice a day, with at least a six-hour gap between each use.

Luck Adjust: Using varying amounts of energy for how much they actually want to adjust the luck. They are able to give themselves a boost of luck, or give their opponent a spur of bad luck. The luck effects do not last very long- perhaps long enough for two different attacks... but mostly, it’s just a momentary thing. There is not a specific cooldown for this one, other than the fact that the more they use it the quicker their magic runs out.

History (four sentences or more):
Lauryl’s history is surprisingly simple in comparison to perhaps most of the other people in Camp Half-Blood. They lived happily with their single father in Venice, Italy. Their father was an utter scientific genius, but Lauryl was capable of pursuing whatever they wished, as their father never pushed them to follow science.

And so they did history, taking every class they could on the subject, much like how their father had done with his biotechnology studies.

A few years ago, Lauryl and their father moved to America, where their father worked as a science professor in one of the colleges, and Lauryl was able to go to a public school. It was there they met their ‘satyr’. Not much happened, until a few days ago. Their friend, Juniper, brought up the idea of going to a camp for a few weeks, and - intrigued - decided to go.

On the ride, however, they were attacked. By simple Hellhounds, but still attacked Juniper was an utter ninja (which Lauryl had been mildly surprised by) and then told Lauryl the truth. Of course, they oddly knew that it was the truth.

And here they are in Camp Half-Blood, a currently unclaimed child of Nemesis.
Notes:
- Ambidextrous
- They are color blind
- They know Italian, English, Greek, and ASL.
Code:
[b]Lauryl Larkspur[/b] [i](Lord Citrus)[/i]

Last edited by Lord Citrus on Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bio Correction)
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Character 1: Lauryl Larkspur Empty Re: Character 1: Lauryl Larkspur

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:20 pm
Hey Lord Citrus! You have a great character here and I look forward to seeing more of them, but I just need you to fix something for me.

All children now have to be claimed by 13 years of age as per Percy’s request in the books. (This is found in the character rules I think might be in the rules rules)

Also ps, if this is bad typos it’s because I’m on mobile.
Lord Citrus
Lord Citrus

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:51 pm
Oh, whoops!
I forgot about that, eep
I'll fix that right up! :3
Mason
Mason
Administrator
https://demigodworld.forumotion.com

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 pm
Make sure to have a cooldown on the powers, beyond the person that was just effected.
Lord Citrus
Lord Citrus

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:04 pm
Edited!
Mason
Mason
Administrator
https://demigodworld.forumotion.com

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:18 pm
Approved