Go down
redline2400
redline2400

Rainy Day Cabin Fever (Private) Empty Rainy Day Cabin Fever (Private)

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:11 am
For a temporarily embarrassed revolutionary, there was little solace to be found in the walls of Cohort Four.

The walls constricted, contained, imprisoned Maxwell Bachman. And in their suffocating grasp, the son of Mars could at least find the inspiration required for his next scheme.

Maybe he would pull a Reedy, but with some real skill and class. Maybe he would dump some coals into The Shill’s bed. Maybe he would break the door again. The choices were endless.

But until then, there was an hour to kill. There were plenty of books down in New Rome’s libraries - he still had to finish “The Fountainhead” from the one on Brutus Alley - but today was not the day for excursions back home.

Rain was falling, clouds blotted out the East Bay sun, and there was nothing to do until the cohort was forced to train and catch pneumonia. Today was a day for laying in his bunk, staring up the beaten steel frame holding up the other mattress.

Max reached into his pillow, pulling out a half empty lighter and squished box of Camels. With one of the Turkish Royals lit and in hand, the took a drag, exhaling into the enclosed barracks.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Rainy Day Cabin Fever (Private) Empty Re: Rainy Day Cabin Fever (Private)

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:44 am
Blair Marques didn't have a whole lot planned for the day. All they really had to do was training and drills when the time came ready for it. The daughter of Neptune decided this would be the perfect time to catch up on some of her reading that she hadn't been doing. She had just went through her stuff in her selection of things that she brought to camp with her and grabbed out at least two different books to read.

Reading was Blair's solitude of peace, it was the most relaxing part of any day because getting so into a story had made it feel like she was there, it was the best way to escape reality when you just didn't want to be in it anymore. It was her number one go to when she lived with her family back in Montreal. They would argue all the time and yell at her for various things or tell her to be better, but books never did that. Books helped her cope in some unhealthy ways, but they got her through and she made it to today.

The B's had their own little spot on one end of the barracks. They had convinced their centurion's that this was okay and would have to be allowed. They had two bunkbeds over to the side, but blocked off with sheets so no one could see in. They called it their Beehive and it was invitation only. The only part of the beehive you could normally see was the empty top bunk that no one slept in. The bottom bunk closest to the exist of the fort was Berkeley's bunk, the bottom bunk across from that was Blair's bunk and the bunk above her was Bess' bunk.

Blair had climbed into the empty top bunk to read, just to get a bit of fresh air and away from the beehive a little bit. She had been reading for thirty minutes when the smell of cigarette smoke came lingering over to her. Blair scrunched up her face a little bit and began to look around to find who it was. When she laid her eyes on the culprit she sighed, of course it had to be Max, the most infuriating person in the cohort if not the whole legion.

"Hey four eyes, if you want to smoke go outside and do it. We don't all need to be infected with black lungs. There's children in here for gods sake. Do you even have brain cells to think? Vous avez le cerweau d'un sandwich au fromage."  Blair said rolling her eyes.
redline2400
redline2400

Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:28 pm
A spirited bilingual protest called to Max from across the room.

“Bojour, madame b!tch,” Bachman retorted. “I thought you had a cave to hide in over there.”

Madame B!tch, otherwise known as Blair Marques, had been at camp about a year longer than Max. They could have been equal in years, but he was held back at the wolf house for being inept at combat.

They never really talked back then, so he was surprised [and by surprised I mean “noticed and made note of” since they didn’t know each other] to see her rolling with a clique. There were three people, each with “big three” blood and each with a “B” name.

To be completely fair, Max admired the clique. Together they were able to pull off what he could never do alone: break the spirit of the Roman Shills.

But like hell he would ever admit that.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:28 pm
The daughter of Neptune was used to the conversational stylings of Maxwell Bachmen. In all truth Blair hated the guy, he was beyond frustrating and always had some sort of stupid agenda, but either way it wouldn't be the first time she's butted heads with Bachmen, so she was well prepared for anything he may have coming her way. When she heard the name 'Madame B!tch' she couldn't help but laugh as she shook her head flipping another page of her book.

"That's a good name, I'll have to keep it for when I introduce myself to your parents." She joked, it wasn't one of her greatest jokes in the world, but hey, she was at home turf she didn't always have to be at 100%. "I really look forward to meeting them, Four Eyes." Blair was adamant on calling Max four eyes, it was a fourth grade level insult if that, but it was the one she choose to stick to unless the conversation called for something worse.

"Don't you have a Seamus in a prison cell to get back to?" Blair quipped not giving more details on what she meant about the whole Seamus bit. It wasn't long before she actually answered his question, "Sometimes I like to watch from up here and torment people like you." It wasn't an actual serious answer, in all truth the lighting was just better up here than it was in there.
redline2400
redline2400

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:23 pm
“What makes you think I’d scar my mother like that? She’s lived a good life, the least I can do is keep her free of cave-dwellers like yourself!”

He took another drag on the defiltered cigarette. Blair muttered something about “Seamuses” and prisons and whatever the hell that meant. Probably some kind of French-Canadian shill-slang, though Blair was not a shill.

Or was she?

“Madame B!tch, what do you mean by ‘Seamus?’ If you want to trade blows you could try and make sense with it! Has that cave rotted your brain?”
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:39 pm
Flipping another page as she listened to Maxwell speak still and asking what she meant exactly. Of course she was going to have to explain this one to him. The smell of the smoke was still lingering and if it didn't stop she was going to grab it and put it out by herself, Blair didn't have any problems with getting right up in someones face and telling them what she thought, but for the moment she was going to let it play out.

"I'll have you know, I'm a pure delight, your mother would be lucky to meet me." Blair said flashing a smile down to Max. Before she turned back to reading her book. She had to collect her thoughts a bit so she came out more well organized than she actually was.

"Well, prison meaning you belong in a prison cell and well have you heard what happens to guys like you in prison?" She asked looking over to him again raising an eyebrow before speaking again, "I sure hope you have a rope for that soap....That's all I'm saying. I'm sure you have some brain cells in there to put two and two together on what I'm saying to you, Four Eyes."
redline2400
redline2400

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:47 am
Ah, prison r@pe. An unexpected turn, but a turn that works.

“Right, roped soap and a guy named Seamus. That’s pretty obtuse there, Madame B!tch.”

Max took another drag.

“Say, Madame,” he said, straightening up into a hunched sitting position, “what exactly compels you to ghetto me as a prison rat? That’s a real shill-level judgement to make, you know.”
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:33 pm

It wasn't too long until she closed her book and started to shift into a more upright position than a laid back sitting position on the top bunk. She looked over to Max and shrugged her shoulders a little bit, had the mention been a little too crass? Maybe, but did Blair care? No. "If you want to get creative with insults you have to dig deep into things people don't want to hear or talk about." Blair said as she began to climb over the railing of the bunk, making sure to drop down without disturbing anything on Berkeley's bunk because lets be real, she'd never hear the end of it.

"Nothing really, take it or leave it." Blair stated simply as she walked over to the window in the barracks, opening it up and then walked over to Max and crouched down to be at eye level with him. "I'm mostly just surprised you aren't in jail yet, you're a real pest most days." She said and grabbed the cigarette from his mouth and part of her felt like putting it out on his forehead, but that'd be a little too mean even for Blair. She got up from her crouched position with the smoke before she put it out and chucked it out the window.
redline2400
redline2400

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 am
“Well then.”

She did it. Madame B!tch took his cig.

“You know, you didn’t have to do that. I move when people ask kindly.”
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:04 am

"I find that hard to believe." Blair said, she wasn't opposed to asking people nicely to do things, but was she about to? No not really. Especially not in a case like this. She looked over the Max, "Well, even if I did ask kindly you should still know not to smoke indoors. It isnt' just your lungs or my lungs you affect, there are thirteen year old children and even ten year old children in here sometimes, it's more than just us, so smarten up cheese brain." She said her eyebrows knotting in, but she quickly dismissed it as she walked back over towards the 'beehive'
redline2400
redline2400

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:07 pm
“Everyone in this shack is a fighter, Madame,” Max said. His fingers still secured an imaginary cigarette.

“The ‘Roman way’ is to be strong and conquer, no? Why not train the lungs to be strong like everything else this camp drones on about.”

He pressed an empty hand up to his face, retracting it only after dragging on the empty air.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:10 pm

Stopping before she got back to her beehive, she turned on her heel and started to make her way back over to Max who was now pretending to smoke a cigarette, what in gods name? Blair almost wanted to slap him to make him stop, but she was sure slapping someone inside of the barracks was a bad idea. She couldn't be that mean and callous in front of everyone, besides if you hit someone they have proof of your wrong doings. Blair learned that growing up with her mother and her sister. They would never hit her or at least not hard enough to make a mark, they would just say things that would slowly get into your head and change and f*ck with who you were.

"It is scientific fact that subjecting yourself to cigarette smoke no matter how long and how much you get used to it that it'll make you stronger. Besides we both know you don't give a sh!t about that, so why don't you stop playing pretend and stop saying little words about what you would do and actually grow a pair to do something, huh?" Blair asked, he was so focused on tearing down the legion and having a little rally of his own, but he was all talk, he would never do. "You also look like an absolute idiot pretending to have a cigarette in your hand."
redline2400
redline2400

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:12 pm
“Whatever you say, Madame B!tch.”

Max moved his hands behind his head and decided to have a smokeless rest.

The time for revolution would come, he could feel it. He knew where The Shill and her Shill friends stood, and he knew where the rest of the powers that be stood too. But Blair and her cave-dwelling clique? After today he was less sure than ever.

He believed Blair and co. would be vital allies in any plan he acted upon, but realized he might have gone too far with defending his actions.

No matter, he thought. When the cards fall, surely they will join under my banner. After all - what else do they have?

Even within the uncaring walls of the fourth cohort, a revolutionary could find solace.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum