Go down
redline2400
redline2400

Pyres Burn (Private) Empty Pyres Burn (Private)

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:41 pm
The smell of burning bodies reeked, but it was a small price to pay to give respects to the dead.

Angel Rei and Atticus Young - two Greek campers - had died the night before. In an all-camp capture the flag game (there usually were not enough people in the cabins during the spring months for a “proper” battle of two cabins) the two had confronted a few bloodthirsty campers that got a little too into the combat aspect of the game. A brief autopsy concluded that the cause of death was blood loss via punctured organs.

Nick Mills, son of Apollo, did not know this upon arriving to camp in the morning. Spring break was in full swing for the Washington, DC native and Camp Half-Blood was only a day of train travel away. All he brought was a few changes of clothes, none of them suitable for a wake.

Nick took up a spot towards the back of the arena, watching the pyres burn from afar. A zippo lighter was in his hand constantly being flicked open.
Cliché
Cliché

Pyres Burn (Private) Empty Re: Pyres Burn (Private)

Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:26 pm
Pyres Burn (Private) Tumblr_ngmb0qL3vG1sp36zzo6_250

Basil hadn’t woken up that long ago, and he had a horrible migraine.  He hadn’t slept well after hearing about the deaths.  He felt kind of guilty for being happy that he wasn’t one of those who were taken down by the other campers.  Nevertheless, he put on a shirt and stepped outside the cabin before making his way over to the arena.  Of course Basil stopped by Cabin #28, to get some of his daily medicinal herb from Naomi.  

Basil walked into the arena and wrinkled his nose at the stench before take a quick glimpse around at all the people, there weren’t many.  Then there was the cat, and Basil planned to stay as far away from that damned cat as possible.  Upon spotting Nick he jogged over. “I haven’t seen you for a minute. How have you been?” Basil asked, as he pulled out the blunt he had gotten on his way here and lit it.
Cass
Cass

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 pm
Morgan didn't know anything about the two demigods whose funeral they were having other than their names and that they'd died in camp during a camp sport. At first, she thought it was a bit ironic, seeing as how the camp was supposed to be a safe place for half-bloods of all sorts, but now she was convinced that it was just a bit f***ed up. She hadn't been at camp all that long, a little over a week to tell the truth, but...was this supposed to be normal?

Then the smell of earthy smoke reached her nostrils, overpowering the death stench way ahead of her. She turned toward the source ad was a bit a peeved to see a guy smoking a blunt. "Right now? Seriously?" she groaned quietly, more to herself than to anyone else. Morgan wasn't big on judging how people dealt with emotions, but this was pretty disrespectful in her opinion.
redline2400
redline2400

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:24 pm
Nick looked up from his Zippo to see Basil with a fat roach rushing toward him.

“Spice, my guy,” Nick said in the most respectful way he could. “Long time no see. What’s the world been up to since last summer?”

• • • •

Jeffery stared at the pyre of his mortal Angel.

Shameful, the Maine Coon thought. Her body should’ve stayed in those woods, her entrails giving energy to us all.

Jeffery needed another human. Angel was a nice pet, but his true life-companion was still lost. After all, a life-companion would not be burning before his eyes.

The cat scanned the sparse arena, looking for someone to claim as his own. A  lonely girl sat alone on the edge of the fighting ring - perfect for the Maine Coon.

He strutted over and sat before her.

Mortal one, he said, I declare you as my new life-companion. You will defend me, fight for me, care for me, and you will be mine for eternity. Speak, and you will be mine forever.

All Morgan could hear, though, was a single “Mrow.”
Cliché
Cliché

Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:19 pm

Not much cause I stayed here all year, this is probably the most exciting thing that has happened,” Basil sighed bringing the blunt to his lips, take a big hit before holding it and blowing it out, flicking off a bit of ash.  Basil looked over at the girl who had just walked in and watched the cat, he believed the cat was named ‘Jeremy’ or something. He turned back to Nick, took another hit before offering the blunt to him, “wanna take a hit?” Basil glanced back towards the girl and noticed she seemed a little annoyed at the fact he was smoking. He shrugged and thought, ‘I could be snorting cocaine.
redline2400
redline2400

Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:36 pm
“Yeah man, pass that s***.”

Nick put out his hand to intercept the blunt. After taking a drag he handed the doink back to Basil.

“So, you're telling me, Spice, that this is all that happens here? Just people dying?”
Cliché
Cliché

Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:00 pm

Basil looked at Nick, “did you expect anything else?” He shrugged taking another hit, looking over at the burning pyres.  “No this isn’t all that happens, there just isn’t much else to talk about, it’s boring when everyone isn’t here.” He flicked the ash off again and held it out to Nick for him to take.  “There was probably some other stuff worth mentioning, but it’s not like I’m gonna remember.
redline2400
redline2400

Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:04 pm
Nick picked up blunt.

“I guess I see what you mean.”

He took another hit, coughing a bit as he passed it back.

“Like, is it really that dead in the off season?” He looked around the arena, taking note of the low attendance. “This can’t be everyone here, can it? You’d think they’d at least come out for a bit.”
Cass
Cass

Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:02 pm
At the sound of a weird grumble, Morgan looked down at her feet. It was a cat. A cat. What the hell was a cat doing here? "Umm...hi, cat," she said. Talking to cats was fine, but what was a cat doing amog a huge crowd of people while two bodies were burning? She was pretty sure cats weren't social creatures. Weird.
Cliché
Cliché

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:58 am

Basil took the blunt and smiled slightly, “camp gets really dead when people aren't on break and it's not summer, no pun intended.”  He took another hit before pointing towards the cat, “what the hell is a cat doing here?
redline2400
redline2400

Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:06 am
“I don’t know man, cats are crazy things.”

Nick looked out at the cat. The girl looked kinda new, though there were always new faces at camp. She could have been there for years and he just never noticed.

“But yeah, that kinda sucks. What do you do here when it’s dead? And can you pass the blunt, Spice? You’re f***ing up the rotation.”
Cliché
Cliché

Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:27 am

Basil blushed slightly, embarrassed, before he passed the blunt to Nick, he stuffed his hands in his pockets, “I don’t know, I play a lot of ukulele, I participate in the activities when it’s dead like this, ‘cause there is no one interesting to really talk to.” Basil tapped his finger on his lighter, “sometimes I head out to the city, go for a walk, or go get a burrito. Mostly just go to get away from here though.

Last edited by Cliché on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
redline2400
redline2400

Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:31 am
Nick took some time with his toke, passing it back only when proper reparations had been met.

“Yeah... how do you even do it? Like if it’s so boring, isn’t there somewhere you can go to?”

[If there is not a place, just play it as Nick forgetting.]
Cliché
Cliché

Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:41 am

Basil sighed and took a big hit off the blunt, noticing a good portion of it was gone, “Not really, moved here with a teacher a few years ago after the stuff I went through with my dad.  I don’t think she would deserve all the shit that would happen to her if I was around, so I stay here.”  He flicked the ashes off the blunt before holding it out towards Nick, “I’m putting it out after you hit it, do you want the roach?
redline2400
redline2400

Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:50 am
“Oh yeah, right. You can keep the roach if you want; it’s kinda useless at that point.”

• • • •

Then it is done.

Jeffery looked up at the human, letting out a prideful “Mrow” while tapping her foot.

Who are you, life-companion? Do you have a name, or are you forsaken to only mutter dull words?
Cass
Cass

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:16 pm
Morgan stared down at the cat pawing at her foot. What the hell was she supposed to do about this cat? Why was it even here? Was it hungry? "Shoot, do have a collar or something?" she mumbled as she crouched down in front of the cat to check, tentatively reaching her hand out toward its head.
redline2400
redline2400

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:43 pm
Jeffery stretched up to meet Morgan’s hand.

How dare you deny me of an answer, the Maine Coon “said,” letting out another typical cat vocalization. He did not stop tapping.
Cliché
Cliché

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:04 pm

Basil shrugged and pushed the blunt against one of the pillars((or would it be walls?)) surrounding the area.  He lightly tapped his finger on the end of the blunt to make sure it wasn’t hot anymore and then it was completely out before putting it in a small baggy and slipping it into his pocket.  He turned his gaze to the girl and the cat and slowly made his way over, careful not to get to close as he didn’t want to have an allergic reaction. “Is that your cat?
Cass
Cass

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:32 pm
Morgan's head whipped around to the source of the question. Oh. The weed guy. Figures. "Not mine," she told him before returning her attention back to the cat in question. As her eyes searched for a collar, she frowned. Where was its real owner? How old was it "Just showed up along with everyone else, I guess." Gods, this fur was thick. Her fingers brushed its scruff as they tried to find purchase on a collar.
redline2400
redline2400

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:44 pm
Jeffery wears a collar, though it is obscured by his long fur. The license tag is registered as Nassau County, New York #55672 and the contact phone number scratched away. “Jeffery” is eteched into the other side.

“Cool cat,” Nick said as he followed Basil over. “They got a name?”

Last edited by redline2400 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Redline is the dumbest boy alive)
Cass
Cass

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:58 pm
"Uh..." Finally, Morgan's hand found the collar. She rubbed the cat's ears with her free hand as she pulled the tag free of the thick fur. Her eyes scanned it, reading the punched-in letters. "Says  'Jeffery,'" she said. Morgan released the tag and gave the tabby cat a good look. "Okay, Jeffery," she told him, "I'm Morgan, and I..." She gestured in the direction of the two boys. "...have no idea who these guys are," she added, looking at them questioningly. She was pretty sure she hadn't met either of them yet, but she probably wouldn't have known either way—there were a lot of campers to keep track of.

Last edited by Cass on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cliché
Cliché

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:32 pm

I’m allergic,” Basil said keeping his distance, “my name is Basil.”  He pointed at the cat and then gestured at the burning pyres, “was the cat one of theirs?
redline2400
redline2400

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:37 pm
Nick shrugged. “Maybe? I don’t think cats are loyal enough to go to funerals though. They’ve already struck me as drifters in the wind.”

Morgan, Jeffery vocalized, so that is the mortal’s name. Very well.

He tilted his head in accordance to Morgan’s scratching, a sign to his human that they were doing the proper bidding.
Cass
Cass

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:59 pm
Morgan shrugged. "My Gran had a cat when I was younger," she commented, shooting a glance at No-Name Guy as she rubbed Jeffery's ears. "Weird thing. It would either hide from you the entire time or cling to your leg whenever you walked around. Anyways, that thing would follow Gran all around the house if he saw her stand up." She moved her hand to under its chin. "Cats are weird." She liked this one, though—and it seemed to like her, too.
Cliché
Cliché

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:56 pm

I mean,” Basil started, “I don’t think all cats are assholes, and don’t most of them think that they are gods or something?”  He looked at the cat, and maybe it was because he was allergic but he didn’t like this cat named ‘Jeffrey.’  It made him uncomfortable.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum