Go down
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

look at how he's smiling - Page 2 Empty Re: look at how he's smiling

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:10 am
look at how he's smiling - Page 2 Tumblr_pkkjwvy4ik1qjlvr2o5_500

There were many things that began to start the legacy of Cupid's day. It was the fact that all her senses were slowly coming in one by one. The first one wasn't even technically a sense, but she could feel herself slowly coming back to the land of consciousness. The next thing she was aware of was how much light was actually in the room in the present moment. Even through closed eyelids the sun was bright this morning and the brunette wasn't ready for it. You'd think Delilah was a morning person, but the morning person most people had seen was her after being up for awhile.

The youngest Lockwood daughter was in fact a bit of a grouch when she first woke up. The next thing that came into her land of consciousness was the chirping of the birds outside. She could hear the light hum of the house with the electronics that were around somewhere, she could hear the slight creaking noises as the house settled in its typical morning fashion. The last thing that really came into her slightly awake, but asleep state was touch. Delilah could feel a warm body next to hers and knew immediately as her brain was beginning to function again, that it was Oliver.

Delilah groaned a little bit, still a littler perturbed at the fact that morning was already here. She shifted slightly so she could hide her face in part of Oliver's chest, but she still refused to be awake as she tried her best to fall back asleep despite knowing it was pointless to do.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:21 am
look at how he's smiling - Page 2 Tumblr_p04rhzr2Yc1us7ad3o3_540

With a little stir and a groan, Oliver opened his eyes back up to Delilah moving. It was absolutely adorable how she was burying her face into his chest more. Morning had come, and he wanted to ignore it, too, but that had to get up at some point. His arm was draped around her while the other was tucked behind his head. His thumb moved in little circles against her hip.

"Good morning beautiful." Oliver said in a soft welcoming voice. Oliver traced the sunlight bouncing off her brown hair, which was a bit tangled but as beautiful as ever. He scratched his face with his free hand, feeling where the facial hair he usually kept trimmed was already growing in. Laying here with Delilah after that night, everything felt new. He was alive and everything was going as it should. He let out a content and relieved sighed.

Oliver began to quietly hum the song that they had danced to the night before. He didn't want to jar her awake, so he decided to keep it calm and light until she was ready to get up. He had all day to waste. He was happy to spend as much of it with Delilah as possible.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:55 am

Feeling his arm wrap around her as she hid her face away from the light was one of the most comforting things. She felt safe with Oliver and she knew no harm could get to her in this moment. She heard the words come out of his mouth so to respond to him she moved her face slightly to the side with her eyes still closed, "Good morning." She said in that way most people talked when they first woke up, but weren't quite awake yet. After she spoke she moved her head back

Listening to Oliver hum was almost enough to put her back to sleep again, but part of her just wanted to stay slightly awake to enjoy the son of Letus' presence. When Delilah started to get feelings for him, she didn't realize what exactly she had gotten herself into with him being a son of a death god, but to this day, this hour, and minute, Delilah wasn't scared by it. She did worry about losing him again after what happened last night, but hopefully the deal he made would keep him around for a long time. The daughter of Epione wasn't ready to have him leave her again and for good.

A few minutes had passed of Delilah laying there until she decided she might as well face the sun. Despite the sun, at least she'd get to see her handsome boyfriend, and that was enough to have her open her eyes. They squinted as the light hit her dead on, she moved her hand slightly to cover her face until she could adjust. Once she was a little better adjusted she shuffled a little bit so she could at him.

"Good morning Handsome." The legacy of Cupid said as she kissed him softly. "I figured a proper morning was necessary."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:39 pm

Oliver was kind of impressed with himself for actually waking up in the morning. Most of the times that he had stayed with Delilah, she had had to shake him awake in the late morning or early afternoon. Today, though, it just felt right to be awake. He wasn't as tired as he normally was and also he wanted to be with Delilah. If he came back all the way from Underworld for this, he wanted to actually be awake for it. He doubted that this morning fervor wouldn't last too long, but he had it today.

Another reason he was up was a little bit of nerves. He had told himself that he was going to tell Delilah more about what happened in the Underworld, specifically what happened with the coin she had given him. While had had laid awake waiting for her to join him in consciousness, he took inventory of the things that he could and could not tell her about meeting his dad. He traced through the conversation over and over, fixing holes, getting ready for Delilah.

"I want to tell you something." Oliver said, quietly, his mouth barely moving as he spoke.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:39 am

It felt as though the two of them were in their own bubble again. The door to the outside world was shut, the curtains although letting in light were shut, and in this tiny moment nothing else mattered. They were just two people waking up in the same bed. There were some obvious differences from the last few times they've slept in the same bed. Usually it was Delilah who woke up early for no reason, and eventually she'd attempt to wake him up. This morning Delilah was the one who wanted to sleep in until the late morning or afternoon. The daughter of Epione who was so detailed oriented in how her days went, had really strayed so far from these habits.

In some ways it was nice to not have every moment planned, and to live by the edge of the cliff. it created mysteries in life and it just reminded her of when she'd read the Nancy Drew books or play Clue. Either way, she was fine just laying here and listening to Oliver's breathing. It was actually calming to know he was still breathing, because she had gone through a moment where he wasn't breathing and he was actually dead. Delilah knew this was going to come up in her one on one sessions with Dr.Burke somehow, some way. Delilah felt guilty in a way because it wasn't her thing to tell, but she knew Dr.Burke had a way of making her break down and say anything on her mind.

She heard his quiet words come out an she looked up at him, part of her overactive thinking made her wonder if she had done anything wrong and it had sent her into overdrive of wondering if he was okay, or she crossed some sort of line. Before she could really dive into it she had to remind herself that she was fine and everything would be fine. It likely wasn't anything bad at all, and he just had somehting on his mind.

"What's that?" She asked.
[/color]
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:59 am

Oliver tapped his hand lightly against Delilah with a bit of nerves. "I want to tell you a little bit more about last night." Oliver said. He shifted a bit so that he could sit up a bit straighter as he talked. All of his debating had lead him to the decision that he should just tell her the story on a need to know basis. It was hard, because he knew that Delilah should know the truth, but for her safety and his, she couldn't know it all.

"I hope you don't hate me, but I spent your lucky coin." Oliver said. He knew that that was a weird way to tell a story, but it seemed like the best way to lead into what he needed to tell her. "As it turns out, that coin was a gift from my dad to Fortuna like forever ago as a thanks for a favor she did for him. It was for her to give to her favorite mortal hero because if someone dies with it on them, they come back to life. Whoever she gave it to didn't use it and it got passed around for a while. My dad said that he lost track of it around 800 AD."

Oliver was still talking quietly. It was weird to him just saying "my dad" in stories like it was entirely normal. His tone was the same as the way some people would say 'my dad drove me to soccer practice.'

"It was pivotal in him letting me come back. He tried to convince me to stay, still, but it was never going to work."
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:39 pm

As he began to explain how he wanted to tell her more about what happened when he was gone from their world, her fears and worries had changed into more of a concern for Oliver, but mostly she just wanted to be there for him. Delilah wanted to be someone he could lean on and tell anything he needed to. The brunette was mostly just hoping they could eventually evolve into one of those couples where they could lean on each other and eventually balance out the other one.

As he spoke all she did was listen, waiting for him to finish up speaking what he wanted to say, she didn't want to interrupt him. it gave her time to process everything though and formulate some form of a response, but for the most part, she was leaving that for more in the moment type of thing.

"Firstly, I could never hate you Oliver Garrett." She said with a small smile and gave him a quick peck on his cheek. "Secondly, I guess that kind of makes sense." She wasn't entirely shocked about the coin, she was more shocked in the fact that they actually ended up in a situation where it could be used or they'd find out that it had a magical property as such. "It's kind of interesting to think about. I swear I just considered it to be lucky. Kind of sucks that's gone, but if it means you had a way to come back, I would take you over a coin any day." Delilah meant every single word that she meant, nothing would be worth more than another life, it was just a coin. Well it was a magical coin, but it wasn't a living thing.

A goofy grin slipped on Delilah's face as she looked back up at him. "I guess, you could say I'm part of what saved you. Not all superheroes wear capes." She said with mock confidence and a bit of a laugh.
[/color]
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:04 pm

As they talked everything over, Oliver watched the sun starting to fade in the window. He heard as a couple of rain drops started to hit the window. It had been so beautiful the night before when things had gone very wrong. Now, everything was good. Everything was beautiful. If anything, it should have been raining the night before and should be crystal clear right now. People liked to make metaphors in books, or even life, to the weather, but weather didn't work like that. The ambivalence of weather was most people's Moby Dick.

"You are a huge part of what saved me. And as much as this pains me to say as a massive superhero nerd, I think that they rarely do." Oliver pushed some Delilah's hair back as he bent down to kiss Delilah on the cheek. When he leaned back up, he noticed a decent size mark on the side of her neck. He couldn't help but snicker a bit.

"I am so sorry." He added, in that way that was kind of clear that he wasn't all that sorry. As he spoke, he traced the side of her neck with his thumb. He could feel her pulse as he traced over the vein with his thumb. Oliver definitely had found a new found love of the beauty of being alive. He looked over the flush of Delilah's cheeks. Being alive was truly beautiful.

Oliver glanced quickly over the clock, seeing that it was nearing 11 am.
Astoria
Astoria
Administrator

Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 pm

She burst out in laughter as he mentioned that superheroes rarely had capes. She should have known better than to make comments about superheroes around Oliver. Delilah knew that he knew way more than she had about those kinds of things, but she wasn't even mad about the clarification. This moment was one of the nicest ones she had in a long time, a moment where it didn't feel like she had to carry the weight of the world on the back of her shoulders. It was a moment of little comments, laughter and everything that was light despite the weather that was happening outside.

The rain that was happening did make it more bearable to be awake and have her eyes open. If there was one thing that calmed Delilah the most it was the light thuds on the roof and the window from rain that soothed her. Ever since she was a little kid she enjoyed just sitting by the window and watching the world as it got drenched in rain. In a way everything seemed to be rejuvenated when it rained, it became more alive. On one hand it matched perfectly with everything that happened with Oliver. It was almost as if he had been sitting out in the sun for so long that he was getting worn out, but last night it was almost if he had been drenched in the rain and was becoming full of life again.

As he said he was so sorry she could catch the trails of tone that made her realize that he wasn't actually sorry. At first she was a little confused, "What d-" She was cut off by his thumb on her neck and she laughed a little bit, "Oh that." She answered her own question she didn't full ask. "You're not sorry, but neither am I." She quipped back.
[/color]
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:05 am

Oliver was thankful that they had gotten past the hard part of the conversation. He was worried that they were going to get in a Skylan level fight about him giving up a precious family heirloom in exchange for his measly life. Instead, Delilah just kept being more and more perfect. Sometimes, Oliver had to remind himself that he knew about the imperfect parts of Delilah, too, but he was thankful for that. He didn't think he could even bring himself to be in her presence if she were that perfect. He wouldn't be worthy. Delilah was real, and lovely, and he was so lucky. Maybe the coin wasn't completely gone.

Oliver laughed. "You're right, I'm really not." Oliver sunk back into the bed with Delilah and leaned over her to kiss he before pulling her in tight to him. He kissed the top of her head. Oliver had to wonder how people in happy relationships ever did anything. Would there ever come a point where he wouldn't want to just stay here?

Right as Oliver got comfortable again, his phone started playing Almost There from Princess and the Frog. That was his mom's ringtone. Something told Oliver that she had received a call from Lachlan that morning. Oliver looked at Delilah.

"That's my mom. Wish me luck." Oliver said with a gulp. So, after almost an hour of yelling and crying and pacing around Delilah's room, Jasmine would be coming in town the following weekend.

---
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum