Go down
Pike
Pike
Administrator

and when you say my name Empty and when you say my name

Thu May 09, 2019 3:10 am
and when you say my name Tumblr_inline_pnnoormaqC1t9ndkh_1280and when you say my name Tumblr_inline_pnnonvmJfG1t9ndkh_1280

September 8th, 2019

Skye Maddox opens the door to her home to hear the cheering of not one, but two men. Usually Skye is not here for this, but group therapy got out early, so she is finally here to witness the bromance that is Charles Maddox and Lachlan Reid. She drops her bag at the door, walking farther into the house, past the sliding doors and into the TV room. She stands behind the couch for a moment, watching the scene before her. Lachlan and her Granddad are watching baseball, there's plates of half eaten snacks left on the coffee table, two Budweisers open, and big grins on the faces of Lachlan and her Granddad.

She knows when this started, back when she didn't come home. She had been told about the cul de six coming together to take care of her grandparents. Lachlan would come for games, Delilah would help garden, and so on. Though, to see it in action was something different. She feels like she's approaching something that she shouldn't be witnessing, but it makes her smile. Especially because Lachlan would always be here, without fail, even when she came back. Even when they were all fighting, and she locked herself in her room in a mood, she could hear Lachlan downstairs.

She doesn't want to interrupt, so she just leans on the old jukebox her grandmother had gotten at a flea market, and watches them. She doesn't fully understand baseball, but she thinks its a fun game to watch. Hockey and Basketball she can watch too. Football just confuses her. She could get into baseball though.

Last edited by Pike on Fri May 10, 2019 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

and when you say my name Empty Re: and when you say my name

Thu May 09, 2019 3:49 am
and when you say my name Tumblr_inline_pfberfom511w9antd_1280and when you say my name Tumblr_inline_pfber9GDUJ1w9antd_1280

These days with Charles Maddox were definitely different now that Lachlan and Skye were official. It was his first time here since they had started whatever they were calling this a week and a half before. When Lachlan first showed up for the game, he was read the full riot act by Charles, which he wasn't unaccustomed to, but it definitely felt different coming from a man that you'd been watching sporting events with more than once a week for more than a year. Yes, this had started as a way to support Nancy and Charles when Skye was away, and then pronounced dead, but Lachlan had come to really enjoy it. Hence why he kept coming even after Skye came back, even when him and her had been fighting.

Lachlan knew that a Sunday afternoon game was the perfect one to come to as his first game post-official-Skylan. Skye would be gone at group therapy and would probably be gone for the whole game since her, Oliver, and Delilah would do stuff after sometimes. Lachlan wasn't trying to avoid Skye, but he knew how embarrassed she would be if she had to sit through her grandfather's speech as well. Although, that might be kind of adorable.

After his lecture, things pretty much went back to normal. Lachlan was still handed a Bud Heavy when Charles came back from the fridge. Every time the Giants scored, they stood up and cheered and high-fived. The Dodgers were up 6-4 on the Giants in the 7th and the Giants had just hit a 2 run homer to close the gap and make it a tie game. This game was very important to Lachlan. As the third game in a split series, it would determine bragging rights between him and Oliver until the next time the two teams played.

As they high fived, Lachlan caught sight of red hair over his shoulder. He turned to see Skye. His smile grew. "Hello there." He wanted to call her beautiful, but chose to spare Charles.

Last edited by QMeetsWorld on Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Thu May 09, 2019 7:46 pm
and when you say my name Tumblr_inline_pnnoormaqC1t9ndkh_1280and when you say my name Tumblr_inline_pnnonvmJfG1t9ndkh_1280

Skye smiles wider when Lachlan turns around. She realizes this was Lachlan and her Granddads first game since Skye and Lachlan became an official thing. Though, Lachlan doesn't look too stressed, so her granddad must've been good. The last thing she needed was the kinda misogynistic protect your (grand)daughter with a gun thing. She had a feeling it would be hard for her grandparents to scare Lachlan away, he knows them too well.

"Hi yourself," Skye replies, and she goes to sit next to Lachlan, grabbing a handful of pretzels from one of the snack bowls. She barely sits down before her granddad gives her a look. Its not stern, but it is more serious than most looks her granddad gives her. She scooted further away from Lachlan, and the look stopped. She almost wants to laugh, mainly because her grandfather thinks that they were going to do something if they sat close together. Though, Skye has a feeling he just wants to be pedantic.

"So, how bad are the giants going to lose today?" She asks, fully expecting uproar. Still, she has a feeling that the worse team in the west national league is going to stay the worst, especially when playing against the best. What? She knows a little about baseball. Literally, that's about the scope of her knowledge.

QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Fri May 10, 2019 12:20 am
and when you say my name Tumblr_inline_pfberfom511w9antd_1280and when you say my name Tumblr_inline_pfber9GDUJ1w9antd_1280

As Skye went to sit down next to Lachlan he lifted his arm to put it behind her on the couch, but felt as she immediately scooted away. He looked over at Charles and instantly understood the situation at hand. So, he played it off as stretching and let his arm fall back to his side. Lachlan and Skye had spent a decent amount of time together since the 28th when Skye could get away from her duties, so he guessed that her could spare a little time apart.

Lachlan let out an exacerbated sigh when Skye asked about the game. "Well, it's the top of the 8th and the Giants just tied it up at 6. We've got the end of the lineup coming up, though, which has been batting like crap and the Dodgers just brought in their closer who kicks ass against righties, which the whole back half of our lineup is." Lachlan liked to take the pessimistic approach to sports. If you assume that the team is going to lose, and they win, then you will be pleasantly surprised. It's better than being let down. But, he wasn't okay with other people harshing on the Giants.

"If you're going to be anti-Giants, though, you can go and hang out with Oliver and be an awful, awful Dodgers fan." Lachlan said, turning to raise an eyebrow at Skye. This was a very serious test of their relationship. Okay, no it wasn't, but Lachlan wasn't going to stop acting like it was.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri May 10, 2019 2:26 am

Skye listens to Lachlan's explanation and nods along like she knows whats going on. She probably could get away with it too, but she decides to give up the ruse right away. "Yeah, I didn't understand any of that." Skye says, and then when her granddad opens his mouth to further explain it, she holds up a hand, "That doesn't mean I want a further explanation."

Skye grabs a couple more pretzels, kisses Lachlan on the cheek, and stands up saying, "I'm gonna go help Gran in the garden. Come find me after the Giants lose or suddenly get divine intervention." She walks out of the room and out the back door.

Her gran is among one of the empty beds, and quickly puts Skye to work planting the beets, lettuce, and potato sprouts they had started a couple weeks ago. So, she kneels in the dirt and starts digging. She can hear the cheers coming from the house, which must mean something good.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Fri May 10, 2019 2:56 am

Lachlan watched as Skye got up and kissed him on the cheek, and he gave a quick look over to Charles. For a split second he thought about what Charles would do if he knew the things that had happened between him and Skye. He couldn't worry himself too much with that. They could fill novels with stuff adults didn't know about them.

"If the Giants win you owe me a milkshake." Lachlan called after her, keeping it PG for Charles.

Divine Intervention my ass. As the game entered the bottom of the 9th, the Giants were up 7-6 after a solo home run from Evan Longoria and the Dodgers were at 7-8-9 in their lineup. Victory looked within their grasps, but the Dodgers weren't going down without a fight. After the bases were loaded with 2 outs, Will Smith was finally able to put them away and ensure a Giants victory. Lachlan and Charles cheersed their beers and downed the remaining beer, an end of game tradition. If they won, they were celebrating. If they lost, they were drinking their sorrows.

After discussing the game, Lachlan shook Charles' hand and then headed out to the backyard. He called out to Skye, "Who needs divine intervention when you have Evan Longoria? You owe me a milkshake." Lachlan had a huge smile as he approached Skye and Nancy.

"Hi Nancy. You're going to have to have me for dinner when all of this stuff grows." Lachlan didn't really understand gardening so he was really hoping they were actually planting something that he could eat. That would be embarrassing.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri May 10, 2019 3:28 am

Skye stands up, brushing the dirt off her jeans when Lachlan joins her. "Fine, I'll get you a milkshake," Skye jokes. There's not many places to get milkshakes in New Rome, in fact she can only think of the diner on Pomona Drive. Skye remembers when the cul de six was younger and they'd spend their allowance on ice cream and milkshakes and malts from there. She also remembers being drunk and going to get fries with Hannah at 3am when the only people there were the NRU students cramming for finals and the poor workers. She misses talking to Hannah. She tried to keep in touch with her when she originally got back, but then Hannah kind of stopped replying to her texts. So, she let her go.

Skye smiles, "Everything in this area is edible." She motions to the bed in front of her. Not only did it have the late summer vegetables they were planting, but also had the celery, carrots, parsnips, and peas. Her and her grandmother had spent the past five years perfecting the organization of the garden. It was kind of ridiculous, but it made for a beautiful garden. They had even been planning the koi pond before Skye left, she's just glad it made it in.

Skye's Gran appears from where she was dead heading the yarrow and roses. "How does next Saturday sound?" She asks. Skye had a feeling this was coming. After all, her grandmother kept hinting that she wanted to have Lachlan over for dinner. Skye had been trying to subtly push back, just because she knows her grandparents can be a bit much at times, especially around boyfriends.

QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Fri May 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Lachlan was always really good with parents and grandparents. He knew how to talk to people and he was riddled with unbridled charisma. That was very helpful in the time that he had shared with Charles and Nancy Maddox. He'd been able to talk his way around his past with Skye, even if he swore they were a bit suspicious all the time. Lachlan had had several meals with them, so this one shouldn't make him nervous. This was a Boyfriend Dinner, and he couldn't fail that test.

"You might regret that invitation. I haven't had a nice home cooked meal made by someone else in a very long time." Lachlan said with a smile. "But I would be honored to join you. You have to let me bring something, though. What can I make?" Lachlan hoped that she didn't pick something too complicated. He was worried about the state that he would be in the day after Oliver's party. He already had a plan to have a flask at the party, and he was sure there would be some kind of after party.

"If you're done here, do you want to go for a walk? Maybe get that milkshake now?" Lachlan said with a small wink down to Skye on the side of his face that was outside of Nancy's eyesight. Sure, he did like milkshakes, but he wondered if Skye would remember that he would always pick a smoothie over a milkshake any day.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Mon May 13, 2019 1:37 am

Nancy smiles, "Just bring yourself, dear, but thank you for offering. Just be here at seven." And Skye would make sure Lachlan aware that seven really meant six fifty five. Her grandparents were big on punctuality, which transferred down to her. The thought of being late to anything made her weirdly anxious. Which meant being around Oliver Garrett gave her unneeded stress all the time.

Skye nods, "Yeah, we can go." She says, though she notices the wink. "Just give me a second." Skye puts the gardening gloves and tools away, and trots to meet back up with Lachlan. She waves to her grandmother as they leave, and her gran calls after her.

"Don't forget to be home by eleven!" Yeah, they were enforcing the curfew now. They probably should've enforced it from the very beginning, but oh well, what's done is done.

When they're on the sidewalk of the cul de sac and far enough out of her grandparent's ear shot, she asks, "So, what are we actually doing?" she has a feeling milkshakes aren't on the menu.

QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Tue May 14, 2019 5:51 pm

Lachlan smiled at Nancy. "Alright, don't be mad if I show up with something, though." He said as Skye put her stuff away. "I do think that you'll be a little bit impressed by my cooking." He said as Skye came back. Lachlan turned to leave with Skye as Nancy called after them to remind them of Skye's curfew. He turned around to look at Nancy as he responded, walking backwards,

"I'll make sure that she is back by 10:55." Lachlan would never forget the time that he was late for a football game that he was watching with Charles. He got a real talking to about the importance of punctuality. Lachlan was really thankful that he wasn't Oliver in that moment.

When Skye asked what they were doing, Lachlan smiled. He slipped his hand into Skye's. "Well, I was thinking that we could just go and hangout back at mine. We haven't been able to do that much lately." Since them and Delilah and Oliver had started their things at roughly the same time, they'd all been able to spend a little bit of time together. Between that, legion duties, and planning Oliver's party, him and Skye hadn't gotten much alone time.

"We should probably take the back way around, though." Lachlan looked back at Skye's house.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Wed May 29, 2019 1:05 am
Skye rolls her eyes dramatically at Lachlan sucking up to her grandma, but she gives him a smile anyways. She knows her grandma would eat it up anyways. She loved polite boys. Probably left over from her days in New York high society, something she talked about often. She could go on for hours about the time she was a debutante. Though, at the same time, she was a hippy at heart. After all, she attended Woodstock. Skye loves her grandmother.

Skye squeezes Lachlan's hand as they walk to the cul de sac sidewalk. Skye glances back to the garden, and while she's sure that if they tried really hard, they could sneak into the clubhouse without her grandma noticing, she wasn't willing to take that risk.

Skye smiles, "sounds like a plan."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed May 29, 2019 1:17 am

Lachlan swung their hands lightly as they turned the corner to the right. Their cul de sac was set on a series of little hills, much like everything in Northern California, so as they turned the corner, they started down the hill towards the side of the neighborhood where the Nolastname's lived. If they cut through their yard, Skye and Lachlan could climb up the hill and be at the back of the clubhouse, and it would just take a little bit of sneaking to the door and they'd be home free.

"You're pretty lucky your grandparents already like me. I put in a lot of work for that when you were gone." Lachlan teased. Somehow, it was getting easier for him to talk about when she was gone, as long as he didn't think too much about Caroline when he did. The times that Skye was gone now felt like a weirdly tinted memory to him. What a weird year of his life.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Wed May 29, 2019 1:28 am
Skye bumps his arm with her shoulder, "Yeah, you're very lucky they love you. Just know that if you make a wrong move..." Skye slides a finger across her throat. She doesn't fully trust her grandparents not to turn on Lachlan the second he messes up. She's sure that he wouldn't do that, and even if he did he could probably charm them back, but they were protective of her. Well, they were protective only when they knew they had to be. She's thankful they don't know about anything that happened before this.

"So, why couldn't we have just gone around between your house and Delilah's?" She says this mainly because she is not looking forward to cutting through the Nolastname's home.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed May 29, 2019 1:43 am

Lachlan laughed and shook his head. "We were very close that year. How do you know they wouldn't take my side." Lachlan said, obviously joking, bumping Skye with his hip. He'd be lying if he didn't say that he was at least kind of afraid of Charles if he broke his granddaughter's heart. It would be risky to even live in the house next door. Lachlan laughed a little bit nervously thinking about it.

The son of Fama really hated when Skye was right. "Because I didn't think about it." He said matter of factually, but then turned around so they were still holding hands but he was walking backwards in front of Skye.

"Anyway, this is much more fun. This is our suave spy mission. A spy couple trying to make it back to their secret hideout without anyone tracking them." Lachlan mused, a wide and goofy smile on his face, genuinely happy.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Wed May 29, 2019 2:13 am

Skye gives him a look, "Because you're dating me."

Skye is thankful Sam Reid doesn't have the same standards as her grandparents, though she has to admit that she would like to see him. She knows that he's busy pretending his kids don't exist, but would it kill him to come around for dinner?

Skye nods at Lachlan's admission, but she laughs. "Okay, 007, we'll do it your way, but if I have to talk to Tieghlur I'm turning around and going home."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed May 29, 2019 2:36 am

As they turned the corner onto Tieghlur's street, Lachlan moved so that he was standing next to Skye again. He had to wonder if Tieghlur knew anything about them, or if he had been totally oblivious the whole time. In all honestly, he probably wasn't ever sober enough to make any connections. They could probably tell him and he'd still flirt with Skye. Lachlan wanted to say that he wouldn't be the kind of person to completely lay him out for that, but he might be.

"Don't worry, I'll run Tieghlur interference if it comes to that. It's the middle of the afternoon, though. He's probably still asleep." It took a while to get down the street to Tieghlur's. It was a much more basic ranch house than most of the other houses in the area, and kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. There were several brown cardboard delivery boxes on the porch for Karen.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Wed May 29, 2019 2:56 am

Skye looks absentmindedly at the houses they pass. None of them were as fancy as the houses a street up, but to be fair, the Nolastname household really brought down the property values. They smell the house before they even see it, and when they come into view of the hill that was behind Skye and Lachlan's houses, she double checks to make sure the foliage was too thick for her grandparent's to be able to see them.

"Aw, so brave." Skye teases, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

They walk around the side of the Nolastname's house, doing some dramatic ducks under windows to ensure that Karen wouldn't see them. A middle aged woman from the house next door notices them from her window, but doesn't do anything. Skye assumes that she's seen too much weird shit around the Nolastname's to care.

Last edited by Pike on Wed May 29, 2019 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed May 29, 2019 3:23 am

"I'll be your hero." Lachlan flashed a bright smile.

The son of Fama followed Skye's lead, acting all sneaky and humming the Mission Impossible theme under his breath to give them background music. A lot of the time, Lachlan felt like they had missed out on some of the silly fun parts of being teenagers. They went straight from dumb to partying basically. They had never snuck around or made silly pop culture references like this.

Now they were running through the Nolastname backyard and he couldn't help but laugh. Through the trees he couldn't see the Maddox house. He could see the back of the clubhouse and the little waterfall falling from his pool. There was a makeshift staircase set into the hill from the lower neighborhood to the upper one that Tieghlur had built shoddily when they were younger. It wasn't the greatest, but it would serve the purpose.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Wed May 29, 2019 4:26 am

Skye can't help but laugh the entire time Lachlan is doing his mission impossible stunt. She follows him up the rickety staircase that she remembers Teeghlr making when they were eleven, and then rebuilt when they were thirteen and fifteen, because rainstorms had caused the stairs to come loose. She's careful to not step on a nail on their way up. The last thing she needs it tetanus and having to explain to her grandparents how she got it. She can see it now. Oh, y'know, I stepped on a nail climbing up Tyellur's stupid diy'ed stairs trying to sneak into Lachlan's club house so we could make out without you noticing and disapproving. Her grandmother would have two words for her. Oy gavult. Well, then it'd be followed by her being grounded and then taken to the doctor. In that order.

When they reach the grass of Lachlan's backyard she's almost out of breath from running and laughing at the same time. They sneak around quickly, hoping the angle of the club house is enough to block them from view. She's pretty sure they haven't had a moment alone together since they've been official, so she doesn't waste time, full on kissing Lachlan before he can even get the door unlocked. Maybe her grandparents might still see them, maybe she liked to live dangerously.

QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed May 29, 2019 4:39 am

When Lachlan reached the top of the stairs, he started humming the theme again and did a little somersault and landed on his knees mimicking holding a gun. He looked at Skye and winked and got up, running to the door of the clubhouse. He peaked over his shoulder at the Maddox house as he pulled his keys out of his house. All of the windows looked clear. He took the key to the door but as he did he felt Skye kissing her. He thought about that day in late July that he was unlocking this very door kissing her. Oh how the night changes.

That was when he realized how long it had been since they had been this version of Skye and Lachlan. The version that just wanted to be as close as they could be. Even the day they became official, they'd restrained from that. It was the day of the fight, but this felt different. They were giggly and happy and weren't avoiding things. Sure, they were being risky right out here now that Charles and Nancy knew, but that was part of the fun.

So, he got the door unlocked and fell inside with Skye as it opened. He threw the key on the counter and shut the door and locked it. He pulled the curtains the rest of the way down, all while kissing Skye.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Wed May 29, 2019 5:02 am

Skye travels with him while he takes all the necessary precautions to ensure they would not be interrupted. She's glad they've learned that after being walked in on. Twice. Hey, at least they got there eventually. Plus, everyone that could walk in now knows not to, after the aforementioned incidents.

Skye breaks the kiss, turning to look at the pieces of furniture that sat in the clubhouse. Now, to anyone else, this would not be a problem, but Skye was looking at a dilemma in the shape of a very familiar love seat. Do they go to the love seat, thus calling back to their unconventional and, one might possibly say problematic, past? Or do they forge a new path and use the couch or something? Is she overthinking this? After all, its a fucking piece of furniture. It's also a fucking piece of furniture that she got caught on with Lachlan by Caroline and Delilah. So. It was a true predicament.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed May 29, 2019 5:10 am

Lachlan's hands were on the side of Skye's face when they walked towards the living room. He felt as Skye broke the kiss off and he looked to the living room. He was able to track her eyes like he was reading her mind and he understood the exact predicament that she was having. They had a script they used to follow. Now, they were expected to be off book and to know what they were supposed to do. This whole official thing was a brand new script, though. They were different. They were new. So, he made the different decision.

Lachlan pulled Skye's face back to his and continued to walk her backwards to the couch. He sat down on the couch and pulled her down with him. This was different, not just because they were on the couch. He felt his heart racing in his chest. He felt nervous in a way that he hadn't in a long time, and never before with Skye. It felt like a first, despite the fact they had already checked off almost every first together.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Wed May 29, 2019 5:27 am

There's a moment of silence where its just both of them breathing, trying to decide what to do. Then Lachlan makes a choice, and Skye is grateful for it. She walks backwards towards the couch, but its too late for her to realize its not the same as walking backwards to the love seat. Her foot catches the corner of the couch, and she stumbles backwards, grabbing on to Lachlan to keep from fully falling.

Her nerves fire up, and she tries to push it away, focusing instead on Lachlan. "It's fine, we're fine." She says, her lips meeting his again.

When he pulls her down with him, his hand gets caught on a lock of hair, and she flinches. "Ow, ow. Lachlan, stop."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Wed May 29, 2019 5:43 am

Lachlan laughed a little bit when Skye tripped. It was just another sign that this was different. If they were doing the exact same thing they had done who knows how many times before, it could have been executed flawless. This was already much more flawed, but in its flaws, it felt more real. Lachlan was ready for real.

When Skye said ow, Lachlan's hands instantly shot up like a cop had told them to put them up, but as he pulled them back he struggled for a second to untangle them from Skye's hair. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Sorry." How many times had he had his hands just how they were and had no problems? Way more than he could name. Writing a new script was hard.

When Skye was down on his level, he started kissing her again. He decided to avoid the hair for a minute, but with his new found nerves he had to wonder what he should do. Usually he just went with the flow, but was the flow enough anymore? Anyway, where was this going right now? Where it would have before? Lachlan's hands slid under Skye's shirt and rested on the bottom of her rib cage tentatively.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Wed May 29, 2019 5:54 am

Skye knew the trajectory this was going to head in the minute that they left her grandmother's garden. After two weeks of behaving and being in public spaces, they were overdue for something like this. Though the hair pulling was not something that she had expected nor wanted. She kisses Lachlan back a little, before pulling back and looking at him. She feels his hands warm against her skin. She doesn't mind that bit.

She isn't sure how she expected this all to go exactly, but she had figured it wouldn't be like this. She refuses to become the couple where all the passion is gone once they're in the relationship. No. That will not happen.

"We can do this." She says, though it's almost more to herself, "We can do this without injury or being weird. We've done this plenty of times before. So we can do it now, right?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum