Go down
Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

High heels, red dress Empty High heels, red dress

on Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:09 am

it had been a series of things happening one after the other these passed few days. It had gone from a big fight, to everyone making their peace with each other, to Delilah being asked to be Oliver's date to his birthday party. Not just to be his date, but to be his date? That didn't make much sense, but it was important and Delilah was going to have to dress the part. Currently anything she owned in her closet wouldn't do for the kind of event that Oliver's birthday was going to be.

All the things that she owned were just summer dresses or floral dresses, which were kind of the same thing. She did have a bit of her wardrobe overhauled when her sister Jules helped her find more aged appropriate things, but they still were very Delilah esque. Either way she needed to get a dress for the event, but luckily Skye also needed a dress for the event so they two of them had agreed together. It worked out well since Delilah had a car that they could take to San Francisco to check out the various dress shops that they had out there. Luckily for them it was only about an 18 minute drive that now they only have five minutes left of.

"Do you know what kind of dress you're thinking of getting?" Delilah asked Skye as she clicked on her blinker and she'd turn the steering wheel. Honestly the daughter of Epione wasn't even she what kind of dress she was going to be looking for. Formal dresses weren't something she ever thought she'd need to wear for anything. It was kind of something you gave up when you were a demigod.

Last edited by Astoria on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

High heels, red dress Empty Re: High heels, red dress

on Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:49 am
High heels, red dress Tumblr_inline_pnnm18lZJj1t9ndkh_1280High heels, red dress Tumblr_inline_pnnm1kGctK1t9ndkh_1280
Skye always liked going into San Francisco. It isn't something she did very often, unless she was visiting her mother. She knew the way to her house, even when Delilah was driving. As they passed the streets, she hoped they weren't going anywhere close. It would be strange to accidentally run into her mom. Even after that night back in August, they still weren't on the best of terms.

Skye watched as the street her mother worked on came and went, and she could breathe easily. It took her a second to realize that Delilah had asked her something, and she turned, pausing for a moment to see if she could recollect what had been said.

"Huh?" She says, then, "Oh, not really. What about you?"

Delilah is another thing. Skye still hadn't told her that she did have a date to Oliver's party, and that it happened to be Lachlan. She can't help but think back to that night again, to see the look on Delilahs face when she walked in on them. She knows its different now, Delilah and Oliver are a thing, and the air between them had been cleared up, but she's still afraid of the reaction.

Skye Maddox // Bea Dalton // Bess Nakamura // Bronte Cartier // Eleanor Zimmerman
Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:08 am

To say that things weren't awkward would be a lie. Things had a little bit of awkwardness between her and Skye. It wasn't the friendship they used to have not at all. Given the wild ride of a year that they had it was to be expected. Skye came back from the dead, they were thrown into group therapy together and to add the cherry on top there was the whole mess at Lachlan's guest house last month. Where Skye and Lachlan actually had a thing going kind of? Delilah didn't really know, but what she did know was that they talked about these things and they settled.

It was the mixture of that and knowing more things about herself than she knew then. For instance she felt bad for reacting the way she did at the time. She blamed so many people for so many things they didn't deserve to be yelled at for. Especially when she was kind of in the similar seat. The brunette wasn't sure if she could just start talking about that, especially given that today was supposed to be a fun day between them, so that's what she was going to try and make it be.

"Hmm, not really. It has to be something good though. I'm the date to the guest of honor. I can't look like a sack of potatoes or something. But in all honestly I've never really been to a black tie event." She said and she turned the blinker on so she could turn onto a side road they would need. "So speaking of dates, do you have one yet?"

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:05 am
High heels, red dress Tumblr_inline_pnnm18lZJj1t9ndkh_1280High heels, red dress Tumblr_inline_pnnm1kGctK1t9ndkh_1280
Skye smiles at the thought of Delilah wearing a potato sack dress. Though, she would still look great in it. Especially because her personality always lit up a room. Even though those romantic feelings for Delilah had slowly dissipated since that fight, it doesn't mean she still didn't see the things she liked about her. Delilah is a great person, and Skye's lucky to call her a friend.

"You'll look great in anything you wear, Lilah. But you will look absolutely stunning in the right dress. So, we're going to find it, even if it takes all day. I do have to be home by nine though." She says with a smile.

Skye pauses when asked about her date. She doesn't expect this to come up so quickly. She wanted to break this to Delilah over Boba tea or frozen yogurt. She also needed to gather up a lot more guts to be able to bring it up, but she didn't get that choice anymore, so she just gives in.

"Oh, uh, Lachlan actually." Skye says, and then she realizes the way she sounds like it's just a pairing of convenience, so she continues, "We're actually dating now, I think." She probably shouldn't have added the 'I think'. Now it sounds like she isn't sure. She needs to get herself together,  jesus.

Skye Maddox // Bea Dalton // Bess Nakamura // Bronte Cartier // Eleanor Zimmerman
Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:30 am

They had finally found a parking spot in the mall parking lot. She looked over to Skye giving her a smile as she mentioned that she'd still rock the potato sack look. It reminded her of something that Oliver had said in regards to being able to rock anything which only made a big grin slip onto her face.

"Find it we shall! We are going to find something for you too though. Something that will look really good and make you stand out from the rest of them." Delilah said with the same smile on her face. She was excited to go get boba or something at the mall before they would find their way over to the dress stores where they could start picking stuff from the racks and trying them on. She got out of her car and shut the door and once Skye was out of the car she locked the car door.

"You think?" Delilah asked raising one eyebrow as they walked towards the mall. So she was dating Lachlan now? Even though she had moved passed the whole thing she could feel a small heaviness sit on her chest for just a moment, but as her brain processes the idea, she gives her a small smile. At least the idiots were working on making something happen. "It's okay, I kind of get it."

As they walked into the mall she couldn't help but see two people making out and she looked over passed Skye, "Is that Jaden Terry and Lauren Kinsey? They're totally making out."

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

on Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:09 am

Skye can breathe easier when Delilah smiles. It reminds her that at her core, Delilah is still an amazing person. Why wouldn't she be happy for her? She was so stupid to worry about her reaction. She grimaces when Delilah brings up the i think

"No," She says, "I know. We're dating. We're approaching it in the right order this time. Which means telling the people we care about. I'm sorry that you had to find out the hard way last time." she leaves it at that. No need to hash the details again, because Delilah already saw too much that one time. Well, at least they were mostly clothed. Anyways.

Skye follows Delilah's line of sight, and she almost gasps, because it was Jaden Terry and Lauren Kinsey. Two people she has made out with. Making out with each other.

"Oh my gods. Just keep walking." The last thing they need is to have Jaden and Lauren notice them. Then it would become very awkward. Well, things are already awkward between her and Jaden, but she's still on good terms with Lauren and she doesn't want that to change.

Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:35 pm

Hearing the apology in a more calm state after they were a month or so away from the situation was nice, but she felt a little guilty being apologized to. It was her fault for just walking in on a private space, how many times did Lachlan have girls over in the past? A lot, so she should have known better than to just walk in. The world had a funny way of working there. It would place you with options that would eventually lead to various fates, which just reminded her of the conversation that she had with Oliver about The Flash and the various earths.

"Look, I'm sorry for placing blame on you guys. You and Lachlan didn't do anything wrong. It wasn't like you and I were even anything. You didn't owe me anything, you know?" She she said and as she took a deep breath in the heaviness that sat on her chest had vanished. It was no longer her burden to hold onto, she apologized and hopefully from this point they could just move on and possibly get back to what their friendship was before, maybe even before the group all split up. In truth Delilah missed her neighbourhood gang and the individual friendships she had with everyone.

They walked further into the mall after seeing Jaden and Lauren. That was a bit awkward, if she could recall correctly Jaden Terry was Skye's first boyfriend and she remembered hearing briefly about how he was a bad kisser. That brought a grin to her face as she laughed a little and looked over to Skye, "Do you think he's still a bad kisser?"She asked and it only brought back her own memories about her first 'boyfriend' and first kiss. She uses the term boyfriend loosely because she was thirteen at the time and they dated for two weeks before her dad found out and basically vetoed the situation. Her first kiss was with Leighton though, those were interesting thoughts to dig back into.

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

on Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:06 pm

"Yeah," Skye says, "I'm just glad we can talk to each other again." It hurt in a way to find Delilah again and then lose her just as quickly. Skye valued their friendship above all else, and she's glad it survived the carnage that was that night. She's also glad it got her to where she is with Lachlan, because if that night hadn't happened they'd probably still be stuck in the same terrible cycle. So, in a way, that night was what they needed, even if they didn't know it at the time.

Skye laughs at Delilah's question. "Well if Lauren is making out with him now, its a tossup." She says, "She has high standards, but she's liked Jaden since we were fourteen, so." Yeah, there's a reason that Lauren and her don't talk as much anymore. Skye went out with Jaden when they were fourteen because she wasn't aware that Lauren liked him, and then Lauren got mad at her and it was all very dramatic. Then they made up, and made out. Sometimes Skye forgets how bizarre her early teen years were.

Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

on Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:07 pm

"Agreed, I miss talking to you." Delilah said to Skye as she looked over to her. She was so used to talking to Skye about everything, sure she would always have her sister to talk to, but Skye was more her age and they used to talk about everything, even with the whole Jaden Terry thing and the whole Leighton thing. Like they always said, you were either an Asher girl, Leighton girl, or a Lachlan girl, gross. It wasn't that Lachlan was unattractive, okay maybe to Delilah he was, but it was more because they seen each other as siblings. From day one it was apparent they would never amount to anything other than best friends or a sibling bond. It just was't meant to be, and for good reason.

"Ahh, well, I guess we could always go ask them." The daughter of Epione said as a joke while they continued to walk in the mall, probably instinctively heading towards getting a drink or something before they would hit up the dress stores in the mall. There had to be at least three different dress stores in this mall, but there was potential to be more. "Lauren does have high standards, I'm surprised she kissed Lachlan then." She said it in jest but then she realized what she meant and she almost gasped at herself. "Okay I'm sorry, that's just an instant reply. I don't think Lachlan's like bad or anything, but like ew. No I can't think about this. He's too much like a brother to me."

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:15 am
Skye smiles as they walk down the mall, and she glances idly at all the stores. She can't remember the last time she was in a mall. It feels nice to act like a normal teenager and just loiter around a mall. Across the mall she can see some normal human teenagers laughing and chatting. She has to wonder if hanging out in malls gets boring. Like, once you've been in every shop, and you've gotten sick of the food court, what do you do? Just stand around? She can't remember the last time she was just standing around. Her life is so busy and overly dramatic.

Skye laughs at Delilah's reply, "It's okay, you can make fun of Lachlan. I mean, I'll still make fun of Lachlan. and I get it, really. I feel the same way about Oliver." It's true. Especially after Oliver talked to her after he found out about Lachlan. Skye will never be able to think about him in a romantic context. Like, she thinks Oliver and Delilah are totally cute, but really, no thank you. She and Oliver were best as pals.

Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Hearing that Skye felt the same way about Oliver as Delilah had felt about Lachlan made her laugh. It looked as though they were in similar situations. Part of her made her laugh more when she thought about the fact she was dating Lachlan's best friend, it just seemed like such a movie or tv show thing to do. To date your brother's best friend. At least she could say they weren't actually related, but their friendship was definitely on the brother and sister level. Which probably also made it weird for him when she dated Leighton for those two weeks.

"That's fair. Are you happy with him?" Delilah asked, because if she knew anything it was that you had to be happy with the person that you were going to be with. There was no point in dating an onion or someone who made you mad. Delilah also felt it was her duty as Skye's friend to make sure that Lachlan did in fact make her happy because if not she'd have some words with Lachlan to make it work.

When they got to the tea place she ordered what she wanted and then waited for Skye to order. Delilah was going to pay for the both of them because it just worked out easier that way. "Which place did you want to check out first?" She asked looking over to Skye while she grabbed her tea from the worker behind the counter.

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

on Fri May 03, 2019 2:28 am
Skye can't help but smile when Delilah asks her if she's happy. "Yeah, I really am." and telling the truth was never so easy. She knows it won't be easy, there's still so much she needs to tell him, but she knows that with time they'll be alright. Maybe it is more of a want than an assurance, but she's allowed this. She's allowed to want things to get better. After all of this time wallowing in her pain, she's glad some good things have come into her life. Not just Lachlan, but Delilah and Oliver too. She doesn't know where she'd be without them, and she's afraid to know the answer. Even with all of the drama that has gone on between them, she can't deny that they've helped her through the day.

Skye takes her bubble tea and starts walking down the mall. "Well, we could just start with whatever store we come across first?" She doesn't really have a plan for this. She just figured they'd go with the flow, find some dresses, and have fun.

Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

on Fri May 03, 2019 5:37 pm

She was glad to hear that Skye was happy, it made her feel better. She remembered when Skye had come to her door and she had to rip the bandage off and just be forward about not wanting a relationship anymore or the fact that they couldn't. It'd never happen. Even at that point her mind was a little more made up than it had been before. She had been considerably more time with Oliver since then, and there was a sense of comfort and feeling like herself around him that she liked. It felt safe to open up out of her shell more with Oliver, than most people and that was the basis for her choice at the time. She didn't expect anything to happen out of her friendship with Oliver, but it seemed like something was just starting to take shape into something else.

They had their bubble tea and were now walking down a different section of the mall. Eventually they came upon a store that sold some dresses, it was a place called Nordstrom. They walked in and into the dress section, and the nerves started to come back about finding something to wear. She wanted to find something she liked, but something that also fit the event. It didn't sound that hard, but more formal style dresses weren't really her thing. Delilah walked up to the racks and started to look at the various dresses they had. Black seemed to be a popular colour. "They sure have a lot of black dresses, but I don't think I want black." She said looking confused as she went through the dresses.

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

on Sat May 04, 2019 3:36 am
Skye follows Delilah into Nordstroms, suddenly finding herself in a very pristine department store with faux marble floors and racks upon racks of clothing from casual wear to black tie. They have to walk into the depths of the store to find the dresses. Skye starts looking among them, not really finding anything that suits her taste. She's not even really sure what she's looking for, and at this point she's just hoping to stumble upon the right dress. She can't even remember what she wore to the last so-called-prom at camp.

"Yeah, Oliver will probably be wearing black, you'll want something that he can match his tie to." She says, continuing to just sort through dresses. "My idea is that you just pick out anything that you kind of like, try it on, and that will help you narrow down what you like and don't like." She's not sure who taught her that trick, probably her Gran.

Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

on Sun May 05, 2019 11:31 am

As she looked at the dresses she could hear Skye's idea about picking some you sort of liked and trying them on to see. It made sense because much with clothing sometimes you could like something, but when you put it on it just didn't feel right or look right. She was hoping she could find anything at all. She continued to go through them until she found a couple different dresses to try on.

The brunette tried to hold up some ideas for Sky for her to try on. Delilah herself had about five different dresses to try on and she was headed for a stall soon because her arm couldn't hold them up anymore. "I'm going to try these on and hopefully sometime good turns up." The daughter of Epione said to her friend. She had a pastel blue dress in her hands, a lilac purple one, a yellow one, a darker purple, and lastly a light pink one.

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

on Thu May 09, 2019 1:37 am
Skye picks out a couple options of things to wear, but she waits, instead letting Delilah try on her choices first. After all, Delilah is going with the birthday boy himself, so she's the top priority. Skye can always find something later if she needs to. So, she finds a seat on one of the couches usually reserved for bored spouses and children. She tries to sneakily drink her bubble tea when the store clerks aren't listening, because she's fairly sure they aren't allowed in here.

While Delilah changes she tries to get comfortable on the overstuffed vinyl sofas, and she stares out into the rack of clothes, listening to the overplayed pop songs. She never really saw herself being here, and she's not sure why. It's one of those moments where she's so aware of everything around her, and everything it's taken to get to this moment. Sometimes she feels like she's living on borrowed time, that it was some cosmic fluke that she returned. She's thankful, of course, for being able to be here, in this Nordstroms. Well, she's more thankful for being able to stay friends with Delilah, to be able to spend time with her, to not have to worry about serious stuff all the time. A lot of things had to go exactly right for her to be here.

"How's it going in there?" Skye calls after a bit, just to make sure Delilah is still alive.

Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

on Thu May 09, 2019 2:42 am

The daughter of Epione was in the changing room as Skye took a seat on the sofa. She felt bad for Skye and she knew the two of them could have totally tried on dresses at the same time, but she understood the importance of it all. Well she understood that it was easier for Skye to help her narrow down what she wanted/needed if she could just be there already to give opinions and Delilah would do the same for Skye.

Inside the dressing room she went with the option she was kind of not sure of first. That was the pastel blue. She knew it might look good on her, but it was hard to tell. It hugged her in a bunch of places that she wasn't expecting it to, and it just seemed to not be what worked best for her, so Delilah wasn't sure if she wanted to walk out there in it. Delilah immediately took it off and grabbed the lilac coloured one and began to put it on. "Okay one moment." She said in reply before she got it on her body well. It seemed a little too formal, but she decided to show Skye anyways to get her opinions.

"This feels more prom than casino royale, but I wanted to see your thoughts."

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

on Thu May 09, 2019 3:59 am

Skye smiles when Delilah emerges from the dressing room, even if most of the romantic feelings have already fizzled out, she can't deny that Delilah is beautiful. Even if the dress isn't the right fit for her, which Skye can tell right away. There can't be any hesitation when picking the right dress, otherwise its not the right dress. That's just how it works. Even if it takes hours and four stores, they need to find the right dress.

"I mean we kind of are in the prom dress section, but yeah, you need something that's elegant and Bond-girl esque." She's put lots of thought into this.

They go through a couple more of Delilah's dresses that she has picked out. None of them click. So, Skye waits for the last one, hoping that this one is the right one.

Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

on Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 pm

The brunette had gone through trying on at least three more dresses. For the most part they were options that were okay,  but they didn't quite seem to be for her. Delilah had tried the dark purple one which was just too big and dramatic for her liking and then she had put on the yellow one. The yellow one was nice but it just reminded her of Belle too much, so she decided it wasn't for her. Delilah loved Belle as a disney princess and she was one of her favourites, but a yellow dress just wasn't what she needed right now.

Delilah finally went back in to change into the pink one. When she put it on it seemed to fit her perfectly. It had a sweet heart neckline with a small beaded belt on it. The light pink was really nice, and honestly Delilah really enjoyed the dress. When she walked out she showed it to Skye with a big smile on her face, "I really like this one."

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

on Sun May 12, 2019 11:08 pm

Skye waits with bated breath while Delilah changes into the last one. She's seen plenty of episodes of Say Yes To The Dress, and the last one is either the best one or the most disappointing, there is no in between. Except then Delilah walks out, and Skye can't help but grin. The dress seems to fit her perfectly, the soft pink tulle is the perfect color for her, and the way it moves will ensure that all eyes will be on her at this event. Oliver will have to fight for the attention. Plus, the smile on her face only supports Skye's thought that this is The Dress.

Skye claps her hand together, "It's perfect," she says.

Astoria
Administrator
View user profile

on Sat May 18, 2019 7:16 pm

The smile wouldn't leave her face. Feeling comfortable in a dress and liking the way it fit you was one of the best feelings. While she was standing there in front of Skye listening for what she would say, she looked at herself in the mirror. In some ways it was hard to believe that was her and that she was pulling off the dress. Delilah adored the way the dress moved and the softness of the dress.

"I think so too." She said before speaking up again, "I'm just going to take this off and then you can go." Delilah said as she walked back to the change room. She slipped out of the dress and got into her clothes she had started the day wearing. She grabbed the dress of her choice and walked out of the change room before coming back out to Skye so she could head towards the change room to try on what she had.

Pike
Administrator
View user profile

on Wed May 29, 2019 2:36 am

Skye and Delilah switch places, and it doesn't take long for her to decide on a wine red taffeta dress. She's always been a sucker for a red dress, so it isn't a hard decision to make. Plus she likes the floor length dresses and the off the shoulder straps. So, they finish their boba teas, pay for their dresses, and go home. Though, on the way out, they're careful to make sure that Lauren Kinsey and Jaden Terry don't see them.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum