Go down
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Here Lies Skye Maddox Empty Here Lies Skye Maddox

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:10 am
Here Lies Skye Maddox Tumblr_inline_os4c3ejbrV1sirbdm_250Here Lies Skye Maddox Tumblr_inline_os4c3gK4V41sirbdm_250

Here Lies Skye Maddox
A Eulogy by Lachlan Reid

A lot of people have come up here and said things about Skye that we all know. She was a daughter, a granddaughter, a centurion, a friend. We all knew that Skye. I’m going to talk about the Skye that I knew.

In the words of the great American philosopher John Mulaney, Skye Maddox was a dynamite, five-foot Jewish bitch, and she was the best. I was lucky enough to know Skye in every part of her life, and every part of mine. Even as a little girl she was an absolute fire ball blazing through any room that she walked into. You couldn’t help but notice her and, usually, quickly have to get out of her way. I remember one time when we were 6. We were all hanging out at one of the famous Cul De Sac barbeques. My dad was manning the grill and all the parents were sitting around. The kids were in the pool. I was about to jump off the diving board when Skye told me to get off. She wanted to go right then. I asked what put her in charge and her eyes just sparkled with so much knowledge in a way that no 6 year olds should as she said, “Who else is going to rule the world?”

I know wherever Skye is now, she’s gonna rule. I just wish it was here.

Oh, Charles and Nancy, I hope you’re not sick of me because you’re not getting rid of me that easily.