Go down
redline2400
redline2400

Fighting in the Family Empty Fighting in the Family

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:57 am
Mere days after the bodies were burned, Julien Bianchi was back in the arena with xiphos in hand, dagger on hip and shield on his wrist.

Julien arrived at camp a bit earlier this year, though landing in April felt nice. Usually he came to America right before May and hopped over to Hamptons-based camp in June after his now-routine shift at the 500. But the April air was fine and the jet lag was wearing off, so the Swiss son of Nike was a happy camper.

His last stint back home saw him come face to face with one too many monsters for his liking, so getting back into the routine of fighting was high on Bianchi’s list. He was currently trading blows with one of the Apollo kids and despite Julien’s best efforts, it was a tight battle.
AwkwardlyAsh
AwkwardlyAsh

Fighting in the Family Empty Re: Fighting in the Family

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:29 pm
Laure sat above in the seats surrounding the Arena, her legs crossed as she regarded the campers clashing below. A few others sat around too, waiting their turn or just watching. She was the latter of the two. Her dark hair had been pulled up into a tight ponytail to keep it out of her face as much as possible for when she was going down to fight whoever was up for a battle against the child of Nike. She had opted for some basic leather armor, and with her she had her xiphos- two used as a pair sometimes, unusually -and a shield. Shields were supposedly a symbol of her mother, and Laure liked to feel that it gave her more than just physical protection.

Her gaze flickered back to the Arena ground, where a pair of young men were sparring in the grounds below. She recognized both, one as a child of Apollo whose name she didn't know. The other was easily recognizable now. Julien Bianchi... her half brother and their Cabin Leader. Laure continued to watch the battle, eager to see if her older 'brother' would win this one.
redline2400
redline2400

Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:23 am
[Apologies for the delayed reply. I have been busy over the weekend.]

The child of Apollo swung for the spleen, their balde meeting the bronze of Bianchi’s shield. With his opponent disarmed and disoriented, Julien moved in to knock them onto the dusty pitch.

Locking eyes with the downed camper, Julien knew that he was back.

Buon gioco, Nicolas,” he said, sheathing his blade and offering a hand. “Buon gioco.

“Yeeeah,” Nick Mills said as his opponent helped him up. “Nice job man.”

“The pleasure is mine,” Julien said with a nod and a grin. Nick dusted himself off a bit, checking his cracked phone.

“Hey, I gotta head out now. Is it cool if we go at this again later?”

Sì; same time tomorrow?”

“Plan on it and I’ll let you know if anything gets in the way.”

“A plan it is! Addio, Nicolas!”

With a brief wave back, Nick left Julien behind for the Apollo cabin. Deprived of a sparring partner Julien turned to the duffel bag he left on the bottom bleachers. Taking a swig of water from the Red Bull-branded bottle he looked around and up to see if anyone was DTF — down to fight.

“Laure! Ciao!” he called out with a wave.
AwkwardlyAsh
AwkwardlyAsh

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:28 am
((That's fine!))

She watched the fight, impressed. Both had been skilled fighters, but she wasn't too surprised to see Julien win. Besides, being a child of Nike meant knowing how another child of Nike felt when losing. And having a cabin mate in a sour mood for days on end wasn't too fun. She lounged back slightly as the battle ended and the two opponents chatted for a few seconds, and then Julien had seen her.

"Laure! Ciao!" He greeted, and she waved back.

Laure got up, dusting off herself, and climbed down to the arena grounds below. She quickly sized up her half brother before taking note that she would have to focus a lot on her defensive strategies, at least for now.

"Ready to lose, Jules?" She replied, hoping the nickname would annoy him at least slightly.
redline2400
redline2400

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:05 am
Julien looked his sister over, chuckling at her comment.

“I see you are not entertaining the idea of defeat, Laure. Very bold of you.”
AwkwardlyAsh
AwkwardlyAsh

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:27 pm
"Bold of me?" She replied with a raised eyebrow, chuckling. Jokingly, she continued. "I'd say you're the bold one, inviting me to spar with you." Laure had her shield at the ready, and one of her xiphos was in her hand. The other was strapped to her belt. If she needed to, she would switch to offense and focus more on using the pair together instead of one with a sword.
redline2400
redline2400

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:36 pm
Julien let out an embarssingly fake gasp. “I am just trying to be courteous, Laure. If you do not want to spar there is no shame in saying no. But if you want to stay, essere mio ospite. But I do recommend dropping the... extra weight,” he said, pointing his xiphos at Laure’s sheathed blade.
AwkwardlyAsh
AwkwardlyAsh

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:09 am
"I don't know if it'll be too much of a problem for me." Besides, better to be safe than sorry. Laure knew she was fast already, and Julien was right, but she didn't want to admit it. The brunette paced a little bit, rolling back her shoulders for a small stretch. Her heterochromatic eyes flashed with amusement and she raised a brow. "And even if it does, you of all people should know I love a challenge, brother."
redline2400
redline2400

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:15 pm
“If that is how you feel, dear sister...”

Julien backed away from the bleachers with his arms out an open, inviting Laure to strike.

“...facciamo questa merda!
AwkwardlyAsh
AwkwardlyAsh

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:55 pm
Laure felt a grin appear on her face as he spoke. The daughter of Nike always felt a strange thrill in battle, or whenever she was competing against someone. It was like adrenaline- and she knew that Julien probably knew exactly how that felt.

The brunette gave her xiphos a quick spin in her hand before darting forward. She knew Julien would be able to dodge, but for now this was just a warm up. Almost like dancing. With knives.
redline2400
redline2400

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:53 pm
Julien got into stance, shield forward and xiphos at the ready. Laure was charging like a bull, and Julien was ready to sidestep her like the graceful matador outmanuvering the bull.
AwkwardlyAsh
AwkwardlyAsh

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:04 pm
He had dodged, just as she had expected. Laure felt herself smile. This would be a challenge. Good. She turned quickly after he had moved past her so she could anticipate his next blow.
redline2400
redline2400

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:07 am
Julien completed his slow 180, turning to face his sister. ”Avanti, Laure,” he cried out, banging his shield with his xiphos once. ”Non perdere tempo!”
Sponsored content