Go down
Pike
Pike
Administrator

sorry steve Empty sorry steve

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:34 pm

Bea Dalton sits crosslegged on one of the wobbly chairs that are scattered throughout the Arts and Crafts room. There are a couple other campers dispersed at tables by themselves, too involved in their own projects to give Bea any thought. At the same time, she's too focused on what she's doing to even recognize that she's not the only one in the room. There are a set of lock picks sitting in front of her, all perfect except for the last one which is bent horribly out of shape. Listen, the big house locks were harder to pick than she realized, and she heard the sound of hooves, so she panicked a little bit and ended up with one very misshapen lock pick. The worst part was that this was the only shaped lock pick that worked on that door. While the rest of her lock picks have hooks or circles, the tip of this one is a very specific zigzag shape that's needed for more complicated locks. She calls it Steve. All of her lock picks have names.

Bea hunches over the table, using her fingers to try to smooth out the dents and bends. Still, it isn't working. She sighs, she knew it would probably have to come to this. She takes one of the mallets that she had borrowed from the sculpting sets, and holds it high above her head.

"Sorry Steve," She whispers, before slamming the mallet down on the lock pick with a WHAM.

sorry steve Tumblr_inline_plev15KJ2r1vmasjz_1280
Fauna
Fauna

sorry steve Empty Re: sorry steve

Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:00 pm
Fauna was having her usual wander around. It was a lovely day and she was wearing a lovely red knee-length dress, red latex stockings and red and black high heels. She decided to wear a large-brimmed red summer hat to keep the light off her lovely red eyes. Her long flowing and curly black hair trailing down her back like a river. She ended up at the arts and crafts room; she liked seeing the kids playing and making stuff in there. She then heard a banging sound and hearing a girl say a apology to someone called Steve. She couldn't remember any campers by that name, but decided to head in to investigate.

Upon entering, she found the one who said it as a lovely blonde-haired girl with a mallet and what appeared to be some kind of funky lockpick. She came over and sat down next to her, the girl would probably feel the warm motherly feeling from her if she decided to look Fauna's way.

"What ya making, honey?" She said warmly in her distinct British accent.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:09 pm

One hit from a mallet seems to get the major kinks out of Steve, but he's still not perfectly straight. A perfectly straight lock pick was imperative to being able to get to the tumblers, so Bea raises the mallet above her head once more, ready to hit Steve once again. Except then there's someone suddenly sitting next to her. Bea pauses, the mallet still over her head. She recognizes the girl, Bea is familiar with all of the counselors. Probably because most of them have given her a talking to after she did something she wasn't supposed to. She doesn't really trust authority figures, due to a long history of them usually stopping her from doing the things she wants to do. So, she decides to keep tight lipped.

"Something," Bea says, before hammering the mallet once again. Steve was still a little bent but he was almost functional now. She had to admit, this was kinda fun. Maybe she could sneak the mallet into her kit. Not only could it fix her tools when she inevitably did this again, but it was a handy backup weapon.

Fauna
Fauna

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:25 pm
She seemed kinda confused by the statement.

"Well, it's a very strange something; did you call it Steve? not that I'm judging, I was just wondering is all" She said softly.

"Can I ask your name, honey? I'd rather refer to you by name" She asked politely.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:50 pm

"Yeah," Bea says, "most of my things have names its just how I do things. This is Steve, then I have Charles, Jim, and Dwight." Bea goes down the line, pointing to each of the lock picks. She has more in her lockpick case, but she just pulled out a couple to compare the straightness. She doesn't know why most of her things have names, like, most of her things actually don't. She doesn't name her clothes or her shoes or something silly like that. Just most of the equipment in her kit. She loves her kit, its a leather saddlebag that she carries around everywhere. To most people it looks like just a simple purse, but inside she has every single useful thing one could possibly need. It's enchanted to be bigger on the inside, which really just enables her to be a pack rat, well, an organized pack rat.

"Beatrice," Bea says, electing to use her formal name. That way, if things go south, it will take longer for the blow back to reach her.

Fauna
Fauna

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:01 pm
Fauna watched her take out more of the items, each kinda similar, at least in make to the one she was working on, although each end was designed differently.

"Wow, you certain have a lot of things, although what are these all for?" She asked curiously. The girl introduced herself as Beatrice and she smiled.

"It's nice to meet you, Beatrice; my name is Fauna Reacher, I'm the cabin twenty-eight counselor if we are being formal, although really, I enjoy the position since it means I can look after people and help them when needed. Like being a actual counselor, ya know?" She said, introducing herself to Beatrice.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Bea panics a little bit, y'know, as she does. She knows she's not technically allowed to have lock picks. So she says the first thing that comes to mind, "Oh they're little sculptors for when you're working with clay, they can make cool designs and stuff. "

She points over to the ceramics area where there's a little pottery wheel and bricks of sculpted clay. She's seen little tools like her lock picks over there, it wasn't so implausible. She just hopes she isn't asked to demonstrate because she was terrible with ceramics. Well, terrible compared to her siblings. She was okay when it came to the rest of the world. Except one time she did make the mistake of not making her creation hollow. It blew up in the kiln. She's still kinda bummed about that.

"Hi Fauna," She listens to the rest of the spiel, "Yeah I get it." She didn't really see it that way, though. Usually all the counselors are more of a pain in the rump than anything else. Don't do that Bea, Stop sneaking around Bea, You're supposed to be at the campfire right now Bea. She also wasn't very interested in the whole mentor thing some counselors tried either. Bea didn't even have this much oversight at home. She literally was allowed to wonder around her hometown until she wanted to go home. Plus most of the counselors are only a couple years older than her, and as far as she was concerned, it didn't mean anything. They're still teenagers like her.

Fauna
Fauna

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:54 pm
"I see, could you show me how you use them?" She asked innocently of what their true purpose was. She nodded, although she noticed Beatrice seemed to trail off when she talked.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bore you; sometimes I get so much into why I like to help people, that I sometimes forget to stop myself. What would you like to talk about, honey?" She asked her softly; she didn't really seem offended or anything, simply wanting to be considerate and eager to engage Beatrice in conversation.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum