Go down
Pike
Pike
Administrator

i guess i could start a war Empty i guess i could start a war

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:59 pm

July 20th, 2019

Skye found herself standing in the green space between her and Lachlan's house. She remembered the last time she stood here about to go into Lachlan's guest house. She was thirteen, and she thought she was too cool for the cul de six. Kirsten had already left, and was urging her to leave them too. She had already decided that she was going to leave, but she wanted another night of just being kids with them. It was scary how things changed after that. Lachlan then became friends with Caroline, and that basically ensured that the two of them would never be friends again. She remembered looking out her window, noticing the light that always seemed to be on in the guest house. Sometimes she would catch a glimpse of her leaving far into the night. Some days she would see Delilah leaving, though usually that happened during the days and as the years went on it quickly became a rare occurrence.

Oliver had invited her here, clueless to the history that Lachlan and her held. They used to be at each other's throats when they were kids. Which is to say that she was overly controlling and he just didn't bend to her every request. So, they clashed, except at the time, they were able to move on from it and stay friends. Until they weren't. Then life goes on, and Caroline enters the picture. There wasn't even a single moment her and Caroline got along. It often oscillated between some good natured teasing, to having to be separated because people feared for their safety. Lachlan firmly stood on Caroline's side, and that was that. Then, life goes on. A quest happened, she returned traumatized and alone. Now she stands here, still apprehensive about leaving the safety of her property. She does it anyways.

The Reid house is like a sci-fi creation compared to Skye's house. Its angles and glass and not enough curtains. Skye had learned that last part the hard way. The guest house was no different. Many kids had a tree house growing up, well, Lachlan had 500 square feet of his own personal club house. It was probably the best thing to ever happen to the cul de six. It was a place for them to exist outside of their parents. They could be themselves and not have to worry about getting in trouble for it. It kinda explained how some of them turned out. Skye had her first kiss in that guest house. Among other firsts that she should not mention.

So, she finds herself at the glass door of the guest house, and it almost feels weird to be there, but there was no going back. She slowly opens the door, even though she can clearly see what was going on inside, "Hey."

Last edited by Pike on Sat May 11, 2019 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

i guess i could start a war Empty Re: i guess i could start a war

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:00 pm

Lachlan and Oliver had been pregaming for the party for hours. They were sitting in the main sitting area of his clubhouse in a pair of La-Z-boys with a large meat lovers pizza and beers. Lachlan's clubhouse, at least to Lachlan, was the greatest place on Earth. The downstairs was mostly a large sitting area. There were shelves and furniture in bright colors that the cul de six had picked out when Lachlan had taken over this space. Augustine had gotten the basement of their main house which was significantly bigger but still a part of the main house. The downstairs also had a kitchenette, which had a few taps set into the wall. There was also a small bathroom on the first floor with a stand up shower in it. The clubhouse also had a small loft with a slanted room that was mostly taken up by a large bed. When he was younger, Lachlan usually slept in his actual room, but as time went on he did less and less often.

Lachlan's house had used to be the party spot. He had always had people around before and after parties, especially when Caroline was around. Oliver had mentioned that he had invited a friend that he had made through therapy was going to join them today and go to the party. Lachlan wasn't very exclusive about who came over especially on party days so he didn't even think to ask who it was. Any friend of Oliver's was a friend of his. Lachlan's heart almost stopped when he heard the girl's voice from the door.

It was 5 years ago and the cul de six was in this room. Skye was the last one to show up and she came in with the energy of an F-5 tornado. That was when Lachlan knew that they weren't going to have a simple and chill night like he had wanted. She would have some intricate 18 step plan that must be followed precisely to a T.

Lachlan had that same feeling in his stomach in the present. He paused the game and turned to see Skye Maddox in the doorway.

"Skye Maddox, as I live and breath. Never thought I'd see you in here again." He got up and poured a beer from the tap into a cup and handed it over to Skye. Lachlan looked at Oliver. "You didn't tell me you knew Skye Maddox." Oliver looked about as baffled as Lachlan felt.

"How was I supposed to know that literally every single person I've ever met at this stupid camp grew up on the same cul de sac!" He said and chugged some beer.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:10 am

Skye stepped into the clubhouse, doing a quick look around. It was amazing to see how much hadn't changed. The same furniture and everything. Of course the TV had gotten bigger, and there was no longer a wii with mario kart and the one mario kart wheel that had a big dent in it from when Kirsten had lost. At least Skye hadn't been a sore loser.

Skye took the beer willingly, giving Lachlan a forced smile. She had honestly thought that when Oliver said they were going to go as a group, that that group would be bigger than three people. Yet there was no turning around and going home. She'd have to just suck it up and hope that nothing happens.

"Its not his fault," Skye said, "I did fail to mention that we knew each other, and were next door neighbors." Ollie had seemed so energetic and happy, and she had a hard time telling him no. So, she said yes.

It was weird to be in the same room as Lachlan without Caroline between them. For so long she had just seen him as a background actor to Caroline's dramatics. Sometimes she forgot they used to be friends. Like, they actually used to get along pretty well. Sure, they were kids, but it didn't change that fact. Except they had both changed, and she wasn't even sure who Lachlan was anymore. It was weird, living next door to a person for so long and then never exchanging words beyond a dismissive hello.

QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Lachlan started to clean up some of the mess that him and Oliver had made during the day. He picked a dirty plate up from next to Oliver and then remembered the tattoo on Oliver's arm. "Wait, do you have one of my childhood best friend's handwriting tattooed on your arm?" Oliver nodded and Lachlan rolled his eyes and looked at Skye. "I hate this stupid camp."

Lachlan took the plate and set it in the sink and looked up at Skye. "There's some pizza if you want some. It's been sitting out for a little bit, though, so if you want something else I can get it or make it or whatever. I have some soft pretzels in the freezer." He would never admit it but Lachlan kept all of the cul de six's favorite foods around.

Lachlan had never been so thankful to have Oliver in the room than in this moment. He was thankful not to be in this clubhouse alone with Skye, but also thankful that Oliver was just kind of oblivious to things. The last few, or more than a few, the last number of times that Skye had been here they had been alone, well, except for the time that they weren't.

Lachlan shook the thought out of his head. That was the last thing that he needed to be thinking about around Skye. She had a way of getting into his head and it was almost like she could read his mind from there. Lachlan poured himself another beer and grabbed a slice of pizza, eating it from the crust first, and going to sit back in the La-Z-boy that he had been in before.

"When do you guys wanna go to the party?"
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Skye smiled when Lachlan mentioned Oliver's tattoo. That was a fun day. "His body, his choice, Lachlan." She told him. After all, she had to defend her new therapy friend. She couldn't have it getting even more awkward in that stupid room. After all, now Delilah was involved in it, and her and Skye were a whole can of worms that Dr. Burke hadn't even opened yet. For a second Skye has to wonder if Lachlan even knew. He obviously didn't know that Skye was involved, but Lachlan and Delilah always seemed closer. At least when it came to the emotional stuff.

"I'm okay," Skye said, though she did notice his mention of the soft pretzels. "My grandma made me have some of her borscht before I left." Though she acted like she had to be persuaded. Her grandmother loved to cook, and borscht was one of those dishes that was great with her grandmother's touch. Maybe it was because almost every ingredient came from the garden. Regardless, pizza paled in comparison.

Skye realized she was just standing there, so she forced herself to move. She ended up choosing the love seat next to Oliver. It was probably best to put someone between Lachlan and her. So maybe the last time she had been in here wasn't when she had decided to ditch the rest of the group. Maybe she had been in here a little over a year ago. Maybe she and Lachlan had been sitting on this very same love seat, when She walked in. Maybe that barista at the Starbucks in new Rome was right, and she was a Centurion Slut. Maybe this was not the time to be thinking about this. Skye took this excuse to try to make a dent in the beer she had been given.

"I'm good to go whenever," She said, even though she wanted to leave as soon as possible.

QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:51 am

Lachlan watched as Skye moved from the doorway to the love seat by Oliver. It took him a second, but suddenly he was hit with the memory of Caroline walking through the glass doors to his clubhouse. She had very blatantly said that she wasn't gonna come over after the party that night, but there she was. And there Skye was, on that love seat. Why did he even have to defend himself? They were casual. They were just two people doing what people did. And suddenly Lachlan was sitting on this La-Z-boy rehashing this argument with a girl who was probably dead, about a girl who they had all thought to be dead. That couldn't be good, right? Lachlan looked over at Oliver who was fully entrenched in GTA. Death was supposed to be his thing, yet here Lachlan was. He had to force his head to look at Skye when she answered his question. Today was going to be so much harder than he had prepared himself for. He was going to need a lot to drink to get through this one.

"Yeah, yeah. Just let me finish this round." Oliver said, mashing buttons on the controller. Lucky Oliver. Lucky sweet, aloof Oliver. He would never know what he was sitting in the middle of right now. Unless Skye told him, I mean. Had Skye told him? Was that why he had never mentioned who he had invited over? Were they going to come back here after the party to Oliver's drunk ass laughing at him for the petty torture he had put him through? Lachlan rolled his eyes a little bit. He couldn't stand the silence between video game noises, so he sucked it up and turned to Skye.

"So, y'know, how have things been?" That was a pretty shitty question, and Lachlan knew it instantly. He saw the side eye that Oliver gave him. If anyone was privy to the shit that was in Skye's life, it'd probably be her therapy buddy. He'd asked the question though, and now he had to deal with that until Oliver got off his ass and was ready to leave.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 am

Skye almost laughed at Oliver and his video game. Not just because it was so weird to see him in his natural habitat outside of the healing gardens or stuffy hospital office. Also because he was completely unaware to what was going on in the room. Skye could feel the tension between her and Lachlan, it was palpable. It was like there was an elephant in the room, taking the shape of a tall blonde girl. She had noticed the way Lachlan's eyes followed her, almost drilling a hole into her. She knew that this night was not going to be as easy as she wanted it to be.

Skye realized the question was being directed at her, and she sat up a little straighter, "Okay," she said, "They're finally letting me back into camp. I return to duty on Monday." Going back to camp was probably going to be weird. Especially after she hadn't been allowed back for the last six weeks. She had spent almost all her time trying to go back, and now they were letting her. Now she had no other goals in mind. It was strange not to have something to work towards.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:44 am

"Dude, we'll just get back to this spot in the game later. I wanna get there before it gets too busy." Lachlan suggested to Oliver, half in a panic. Oliver just shook his head, though. "I'm almost done, though. Anyway, who knows if I'll be coming back later, anyway." Oliver winked at Lachlan, sending in Lachlan into a super dramatic eye roll.

Lachlan was sitting completely forward in the La-Z-boy while Oliver was fully reclined in his. Lachlan's foot was tapping on the ground trying to hint some sense of urgency to Oliver, but he seemed oblivious and it was just making Lachlan more anxious than he was before. What he wouldn't give to be in Oliver's pie-in-the-sky head for just one day. When Skye responded to his question, Lachlan let out a small sigh of relief. That could have been so much worse.

"That's gotta be good. You were always a real camp girl anyway." Lachlan said. That sounded pretty even and neutral, but that wasn't too much of a compliment coming from the dark haired boy. He was just doing what he had to do and serving the duty he needed to to get through camp. This wasn't the glory days for him and he had never dreamed of leadership among the legion. That was for try hards. He really envied Augustine and Jules for being on the other side.

Lachlan watched as Oliver finished up the race that he was in. Thank gods. He shouted in his head. No one had ever gotten out of a chair faster than Lachlan Reid had in that moment. No one had ever wanted to be in a 500 sq foot space with Skye Maddox less than he had.

"Let's get out of here." Lachlan said quickly to the door.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:03 am

Skye felt like she was holding her breath. She had never been this interested in a GTA game, though the other option was to be interested in what Lachlan was doing. So she chose to watch cars run into each other. She just had to make it to the end of the game. Then, she'd be in the clear. They'd be surrounded by a hundred other drunk and hormonal teenagers and she could disappear into the crowd.

"Yeah," Skye said, deciding not to continue the conversation further. After all, the game was almost done, and the last thing she needed was to continue a conversation.

Then the game ended and Skye almost stood up too quickly. She followed Lachlan to the door, walking out into the Reid backyard. The lights in the pool were on, illuminating the area in a soft blue. The air smelled faintly of chlorine. She remembered when they were kids and they spent so many summer days in that pool. Her grandma used to say she was afraid they were all going to grow gills. The memory almost makes her smile.

When Oliver had finally joined them, Skye breathed another sigh of relief. They were almost free. Then she'd be good. This whole awkward situation would be over. Then, of course, she had to open her mouth.

"I feel like its been forever since I've been to a party."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:30 am

Lachlan kicked his shoes on quickly as he hurried out the door. He grabbed his keys off the all for the clubhouse as his foot hit the grass outside. He could tell that Skye was in the same mindset as he was because she was pushing out the glass doors just as fast as he was. Oliver, though, took his good sweet time putting his shoes and jacket on before heading out the door. Lachlan locked the door behind him and slipped his keys into his pocket.

The group walked around his pool and around the diving board on their way past his house and towards the street. Lachlan had more memories than he could even pull together in this place. He could see Monroe jumping off the diving board while the girls sat up in the hot tub. He could see Oliver kicking back on a float-ie while sipping out of a beer bottle. He felt really lucky to have all of their memories happen his backyard. There were plenty of not good memories there, also, but it was easy to ignore them even if he was in one now. The moment became particularly not great when Lachlan heard Skye talk about not having been to a party in a while. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, it must suck being the one person to come back and just get to go back to being a normal teenager. Real hard." Lachlan heard Oliver's breath suck in as Lachlan made his, admittedly, sassy comment. He was just over the Skye pity parade. After all, she was alive. She was home. She was going to parties. Everything for her was normal. Nothing would be normal for him again. His normal was having Skye and Caroline here.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:46 am

They had almost made it out without any issues. Then, she had to open her big mouth. Though, to be fair, it shouldn't have been her responsibility to keep Lachlan from blowing up. Their situation was all too familiar. She couldn't count the amount of times they had been in this same exact moment. Where they stood five feet apart, watching the peace go up in smoke. She should've known it was always going to end up like this.

"Oh shut the fuck up, Lachlan," Skye said. She knew she was just making the situation work, but she couldn't help it. Lachlan riled her up in a way nobody else could, not even Caroline. "It must suck being you, stuck in your fucking guest house with no girls to occupy your time."
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:08 am

Lachlan stopped walking and looked back at Skye. Here was Miss. Skye Maddox, back on her bullshit. It was impossible for her to see that things mattered to other people. It was impossible for little miss perfect to realize that she wasn't the center of the universe. Lachlan had watched both of the girls that meant anything in the world to him leave to be epic heroes together while he was stuck here with the likes of Oliver and Tieghlur. She would never understand how that hurt, but he was still going to try and make her understand.

"Gods dammit Skye Maddox. You act like both of you were just some game to play for me. Maybe at least one of you mattered a whole lot to me. That's not how I feel about time killers. Their are plenty of time killers around here." Lachlan stopped walking, raising his voice a bit. He was really thankful that no one would be home at his house right now. Augustine was so rarely home and his dad was off at some red carpet event that night. "Don't you get how lucky you are to be alive right now, Skye Maddox?" He asked.

Oliver had finally seemed to caught on to the fact that something was not normal between the two of them and he was backing up towards the road. "I'm just going to head to the party. Catch up with me." He turned around quickly and used his long legs to hurry to the street.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:27 am

Skye could hear her blood pumping in her ears, overtaking the sounds of the night. She barely registered Oliver's hasty exit, because all that exists right now is her and Lachlan.

The one thing that caught her off guard, was him admitting that she was more than just a time killer. The time they had spent together had always been short. She had always assumed she was just there to act as a filler for when Caroline didn't want to hang out with him. She had never thought that he actually cared for her outside of what they did in his loft.

Except then he says, Don't you get how lucky you are to be alive right now, and those words seem to be all she can focus on.

"Yes, Lachlan. I am painfully aware I came back by myself. There is no way I will ever be able to forget that. Do you know how it feels, to be missing an entire year? To come back to a body that you're not even sure is yours? Look at this," Skye holds out her wrist, where the tattoo of the sun is still inked in, "and tell me its not a reminder of how she is not here, and I am somehow responsible for it. So if you want to hate me for it, go ahead." Dr. Burke once told her that she liked to wallow in her pain, as much as she tried to deny it. Maybe she was true. Because the sadness, the anger, the pain, it was better than feeling nothing. It was almost comforting, like she had learned to live with it. It was safe. It reminded her she was still alive.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:39 am

"I don't hate you. I will never and have never hated you. You just don't understand what is right in front of you." Lachlan snapped.

Things were hurting Lachlan that he had never expected to hurt him. There was nothing there. Nothing about the times that they had spent together. Nothing about Lachlan, but everything that about her. That was the reason that Lachlan could never get into Skye's head like she could get into his. He could never imagine being that unbelievably selfish. There was a world constantly spinning outside of Lachlan Reid. He did not matter to that world, and that was why bad things happened. Skye would never get that like he did.

Lachlan let out an angry laugh in response to what Skye said. 'Gods Skye Maddox, you just don't get it, do you? Everything has to always be about you. The pain you're feeling. The hurt you've been through. Have you even thought for one second about the pain that Caroline felt when whatever happened happened? Or what me or Delilah or any one of us felt the day of your funeral? You're a selfish bi*** Skye Maddox. This is not the world according to Skye Maddox. You aren't the center of the universe." Lachlan pointed to the sun on Skye's wrist. "You're not the sun, Skye Maddox. So, how about you stop acting like it. See what it's like to live on Earth like the rest of us." Lachlan turned to walk from Skye.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:16 am

"Stop that." Skye says, and she rushes to step in front of Lachlan before he can walk away from her. Because this conversation was far from over, and like hell he got to have the last word.

"Okay, fine, call me a selfish bitch, I don't care." That was a lie, somewhere down beneath the anger those word stung, but she wasn't going to go on about that, because that would mean giving Lachlan what he wanted. "Lets talk about Caroline then. Lets talk about how neither of us knows what happened to her. So yeah, I have thought about the pain she could've felt, but lets be honest, for all we know she could be in Vegas shooting craps. We can speculate and guess and analyze, but we will never know for certain. Lets also talk about she walked in on us. Cause I know you're thinking about that too. Cause yeah, she was a bitch to me, but she didn't deserve that." That was the last memory she had of Caroline. The look on her face when she saw them together. She looked like she had been shot. There wasn't anger at first, Caroline didn't really get angry. She got cold. She gave you looks that looked like they had been crafted out of ice. Except when Skye had left and was crossing the green space back to the safety of her own home, she could hear Caroline yelling. Then, that was it. So, whenever she looked at that tattoo on her wrist, she was brought back to that love seat with Lachlan and her frozen by the gaze of Caroline. Still there was something under all the frozen stares. A little bit of heart break.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:34 pm

"You don't get to tell me what to do in my backyard. If I want to walk away, I will walk away." Lachlan snapped down at Skye as she stood close in front of him. He had been stupid to think that they could ever hang out with whole Cul De Six again. He was dumb to think that him and Skye were even going to get through this stupid party. How could Oliver actually like both of them? "You know that it makes it worse that you don't care that you're a bad person? You are just so in your head, Skye Maddox." Lachlan tapped the side of Skye's head. He knew that that was going to piss her off, but he was pretty mad and she should be, too.

"Why are you acting like you know her? She didn't like you. She hated you. If anyone knows that, it's me. I watched her pace around that room complaining about you." Lachan pointed back at the clubhouse. "And you don't get to talk about that night like that. You got to walk out of there unscathed. You didn't have to watch you leave and then have the have a screaming match with someone who means the whole world to you. We never fixed those problems, y'know? The last memory I have with the girl that I loved is awful because you showed up on my doorstep that day." Lachlan wasn't even 100% sure that was how it happened, but that's how he remembered it and he wasn't in a position to think much about it.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Skye slapped Lachlan's hand away from her, probably harder than she needed to. Each word that came out of Lachlan's mouth was throwing tinder into an already blazing fire. She almost wants to scream, and this rage inside of her seems to remind her of something that's just out of reach. The frustration of these memories just fuels her more.

"Just because she hated me doesn't mean I can't care about her, Lachlan. You also don't get to blame that night on me. You don't get to say that it was only my choice. It was your choice too. You opened the door, you let it happen all those other times. So just because you were afraid to be in an actual relationship with Apolline doesn't mean you can blame me for it falling apart." It took a second for Skye to realize what she had said. There was something almost terrifying about it. Somewhere underneath all of her anger, she had unlocked something. She stood there for a second, taking a deep breath. Apolline. Why was Caroline Apolline? So this is what she had so far. A scene in a desert, and a fake name.

"You know what? Forget it." She said. She just wanted to go home now. She didn't want to get into this with Lachlan. She especially didn't want to get into why she called Caroline Apolline because she didn't know why herself.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Lachlan's eyes grew wide and he stuck out his head a bit. "Was that some stupid joke about her dad? Some shitty nickname or something? For fucks sake, Skye Maddox, she's probably dead. You could at least be a little bit nice about her." Lachlan couldn't believe how crass Skye was being about this. Of course she was more to blame for that night than he was. He was at home. She came to him. She knew about him and Caroline. This wasn't his fault.

Something about how Skye's eyes changed told Lachlan that she was shook to her very core, but he didn't care at this point. He was fully riled up and his heart was racing. It was not going to be easy to get him down from here. He was feeling a lot in this moment.

Lachlan wasn't an easy person to get under his skin. He was fundamentally chill. It had been a while since Lachlan had let this much emotion out. It had been building up for more than a year at this point while he pushed it down deeper and deeper every day. Lachlan grabbed the top of Skye's arm as she tried to leave the conversation.

"So you get to walk away, but I don't? That's bullshit Skye Maddox and you know it. What makes you fundamentally better than me?"
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:35 pm

"No, no." Skye said, though her voice was quiet now, almost a murmur. She doesn't even register the rest of Lachlan's insults, instead trying to follow that one piece of information, hoping that it will lead to another. She was getting answers now. They didn't make sense, nor were they helpful in any way. But they were hers, they were pieces to a puzzle that she hadn't solved yet. So, she focuses on the name, Apolline. It was a name given to a daughter of Apollo. It was not Caroline's name, but it belonged to her somehow.

Then, like another door is opening, she gets more images. Wine, bitter and sharp, being poured down her throat, overtaking her lungs. Endless stinging on her arms, a punishment for disobedience. Then finally, another name. Laelia. It was her own. Like Caroline, it was not her name, but it belonged to her, even if she didn't want it.

Then, she feels someone gripping her arm, and she's pulled out of her head, looking at Lachlan. She's not sure where her anger has gone, and she almost wants it back. Its better than what she's feeling right now. Numbness, fear, pain. Like someone was still pouring wine down her throat, and whipping her until she behaved. For a moment, she didn't want to remember. Except here she is, taking on the memories.

Deep down she knew that Caroline was not in Vegas shooting craps.

"Let go of me, Lachlan." It isn't so much of an order, as a plead.

QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:51 pm

Lachlan watches as Skye's face plays a full films worth of emotions in just a matter of moments. He instinctively wants to let go of her arm, but that's not fair. He is still mad and just because she found some nirvana like peace in that moment doesn't mean that he had. So instead of letting go of her arm, he loosens it. Now his arm is just laying on Skye's upper arm.

He was not sure how to feel in that moment. His blood is boiling and his heart is racing, but it felt like he was experiencing those emotions alongside Skye. He doesn't know what any of them mean, but he is feeling them too. All that was doing was sending his mind into a paniced tizzy of feeling too many things. So Lachlan does what Lachlan knows best, he pushes those feelings down. He pulls himself back into the moment and back into the anger he is feeling at Skye. Lachlan wants so deeply to feel that anger, to live that pain, but all he can hear is the plea and the panic in Skye's voice when she asked for him to let go. It just wasn't fair, none of it was fair. With a hand on Skye's arm, he asks,

"Are you okay?" That was when Lachlan realized he is just playing into the thing that he hates about Skye the most: The way that people just gave into her. It was Skye's way or the highway. Lachlan refuses to fall into that same pitfall that had eaten all of them alive before. He lets go of Skye's arm and turns back to the clubhouse. He turns and looks back at Skye.

"Fuck you, Skye Maddox. I'm done playing your game. You did it. You win." Lachlan puts his hands into the air in defeat.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:16 am

When Lachlan's hand leaves her arm, she almost wants it to stay. She watches him walk back to his clubhouse, she listens to what he says. Yet she still feels that numbness, like its overtaking her. She hates it, she wants to feel something, anything. It's almost suffocating her, drowning her. She wants it to hurt, she wants it to hurt. She can't stand feeling nothing.

So she looks Lachlan in the eye, and she begs, "No. Yell at me. Call me names. Call me a selfish bitch, a slut, anything. You can't just give up." She can feel tears streaming down her cheeks, she can feel her face getting hot, yet still she feels nothing. She wants it to hurt. She wants to feel his hate. She wants to feel his anger. She knows he has so much of it. He runs on energy and passion. That's why she would show up at his door back before everything happened. She wanted to feel something. She wanted to get out of her head. It was uncomplicated, and easy, and it let her feel something for just a short amount of time.

"Its my fault Caroline isn't here. Its my fault she was mad at you. Its my fault. So yell at me. Make me feel your pain." She just wants it to hurt.
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:31 am

Lachlan felt as a different form of anger was welling up inside of him. He is definitely mad, but it feels more like a passionate anger or a defensive anger.

"Now you're the one giving up. You're not supposed to want this. I don't want you to give up. I want you to fight with every single fiber of your being. I want you to fight how I know you fought for Caroline." Lachlan knew that he was showing his cards. He's just completely opening his hand to Skye. He's showing the deep down faith that he holds for her. No part of Lachlan believes that she left Caroline to die out there. If she is dead, Skye did everything that she could to get her home, too. It's easier to be mad at Skye, though, Lachlan was reminding himself. It's so much easier to be mad at her than it is to be mad at every single god whose hands wove their stories and their destinies.

"You're a bitch, and a slut. You're self centered and a terrible friend. Delilah would be so much better off without you, and so would I. Caroline would have been better off without you. You... You suck, Skye." Lachlan was screaming, loud enough for some of their neighbors to possibly hear, but it was different than his yelling before. He had been yelling with a certain ice in his voice, the kind of ice that only someone like Caroline Hanson could teach someone. Now, there was fire in his voice. Maybe what he was saying wasn't true, but the emotions were back. Lachlan's words could catch fire any second, and Skye and Lachlan were two people who should never be trusted with fire.
Pike
Pike
Administrator

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:54 am

Lachlan's voice seems to echo in her head, hitting her again and again. She can feel his anger, hot and burning, she can feel it start to take over the numbness in her. So she starts walking to him as he flings his insults. She lets them hit her, she lets it hurt. Each thing he says, she feels, stinging like being slapped in the face. She knows she's supposed to hate it, but it feels almost like a drug. Its the mention of Delilah that hurts the most. In a way she knew she could never be good enough for her. Maybe that's why she never told Delilah what had happened that night. Skye will never be good enough for her. Skye takes and takes and takes, and she can't bear to take anything from Delilah. She can't bear seeing her unhappy or in pain. So, it was best if she bottled up her feelings, and let Delilah live without knowing. She'd be happier if they were just distant friends.

Skye finds herself standing inches from Lachlan, staring up at him. It was easier with him, because she knows he's just as fucked up as she is. There never had to be any emotions, no what-ifs or 'how does this change things' they are both terrible people. They can feed off each other's passion, and not have to worry about what came about tomorrow. Because she would wake up at three am, and walk back to her house alone. It would be like nothing ever happened. So, she places a hand on his neck, and she kisses him. Easy, emotionless, but full of passion.

Last edited by Pike on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
QMeetsWorld
QMeetsWorld

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:20 am

Lachlan's breathing is heavy as he's yelling at Skye. She's a disaster. He's a disaster. They were the same, and Lachlan had never found it hard to hurl insults at the mirror. That's why he decided he could hurt her the way that he could hurt himself: Delilah Lockwood. That was the danger of knowing someone forever. They could be the nail in your coffin.

Lachlan didn't know what he had been expecting, but it wasn't Skye kissing him. He feels himself suddenly back in May, the last time this had happened. There were only two ways that they found themselves in this position: anger or boredom. That night it had been boredom, tonight it is anger. It is bad, and he knows it is bad, that he so deeply associated this anger with the subsequent act of being involved with Skye. It felt right, though. It felt like the natural ends. Dear gods, they are so fucked up. Lachlan pulls his face back from Skye's.

"You make me too much like you. I'm selfish with you, Skye Maddox." Then they are kissing again. And so there he is, walking backwards with her. He fumbles with his keys to unlock the door he had locked just minutes before. When he hears the click of the door, he knows that he isn't going to see Oliver anymore tonight. He'd be seeing one person that night. She isn't blonde, she isn't perfect. She is just like him, though. That's what is dangerous about them. Their fires combine and only destroy more in the name of passion. This was passion in it's rawest form. Emotionless, heated passion. Lachlan pushes the door back shut behind them as they kiss, not even bothering to turn the light back on.

---
Sponsored content